PDA

View Full Version : So...Hey WOS, Gilmer, Celina, Cuero and Sinton....

Sweetwater Red
12-17-2016, 10:27 AM
What do y'all have coming back next year? You know...just in case. :D

Aesculus gilmus
12-17-2016, 10:30 AM
We have a QB who has never torn his ACL, two of his best receivers and an undefeated JV.

Thanks for keeping Poppy healthy. He really dodged a bullet thanks to your D being able to pick him off in Waco.

pirate4state
12-17-2016, 10:39 AM
We have a QB who has never torn his ACL, two of his best receivers and an undefeated JV.

Thanks for keeping Poppy healthy. He really dodged a bullet thanks to your D being able to pick him off in Waco.

Was that ACL comment necessary? :rolleyes: Kid is a player and hopefully he can come back to help his team his senior year!

Sinton will have to fill some big holes on the defensive side of the ball. On offense we have almost everyone back. Might have 2 spots on the OL to fill. Is it August yet?

WOS1
12-17-2016, 10:45 AM
We have 2 or 3 on offense and 2 or 3 on defense. We will be typical WOS, with lots of speed but not much experience. Def a rebuilding yr.

lostaussie
12-17-2016, 12:06 PM
We have a JV that has NEVER lost. I like their history:D

SaltySixes
12-17-2016, 12:14 PM
Dang blantantly left a school off the list huh?

lostaussie
12-17-2016, 12:38 PM
I can't believe you left Navarro out of that question. The wrath of Geronimo himself may come down on you:D

lostaussie
12-17-2016, 12:39 PM
Dang blantantly left a school off the list huh?

We must have been typing at the same time:D

44INAROW
12-17-2016, 12:47 PM
Hey SWR. Kinda scared to reply, don't wanna step on any toes ( being funny guys, and my icons don't work on iPhone). I think the Gobblers are going to be in pretty good shape. Lots of sophomore and junior returning in addition to an undefeated JV as well. I didn't go to JV games but I understand we've got the replacements for any graduating guys on the line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10ForTheWin
12-17-2016, 12:48 PM
Don't forget Wimbo either, D13 will still contend for the Region.

Roughneck93
12-17-2016, 01:22 PM
We have 2 or 3 on offense and 2 or 3 on defense. We will be typical WOS, with lots of speed but not much experience. Def a rebuilding yr.

https://youtu.be/zMRrNY0pxfM

:D

lostaussie
12-17-2016, 02:53 PM

:D:clap::clap:

SaltySixes
12-17-2016, 04:17 PM
Don't forget Wimbo either, D13 will still contend for the Region.

Very true!

SaltySixes
12-17-2016, 04:18 PM
We must have been typing at the same time:D

Haha yea. But maybe being under the radar is better anyway!

WOS87
12-17-2016, 06:12 PM
It's impossible to predict with WOS. 1987 was supposed to be a rebuilding year and we went 15-0. 2004 was our first year dropping down to this classification equivalent, were ranked #1 starting then went 8-3 losing to Huffman in Bidistrict. Our younger guys moving up have had a bit more experience than others since we've played 18 playoff games in three years going 17-1 so they've all been in for the majority of those games as well as regular season games where it was over before halftime. We definitely won't be the pundits across the board pick next year for sure.

Aesculus gilmus
12-17-2016, 07:07 PM
WOS87, this year both state champions came from counties bordering Louisiana.

Has this ever happened since the classification known as 3A/4A has had two champions (which goes back about 20 years, I think)?

Never mind. I looked it up. They started having two champions in 1999 and it's never happened until now.

SintonFan_inAustin
12-17-2016, 08:43 PM
Hey SWR. Kinda scared to reply, don't wanna step on any toes ( being funny guys, and my icons don't work on iPhone). I think the Gobblers are going to be in pretty good shape. Lots of sophomore and junior returning in addition to an undefeated JV as well. I didn't go to JV games but I understand we've got the replacements for any graduating guys on the line.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkJV had some good players in there in the one game I saw them but was really impress by the freshman team they did a number on the Sinton freshmen team and Sinton freshmen had some good players with speed.

SintonFan_inAustin
12-17-2016, 08:53 PM
Sinton will have a good sophomore, junior and senior class next season to work with. Looking forward to seeing some of those freshmen from this past season fit in to varsity ranks.

Old Green
12-17-2016, 09:57 PM

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkAll the skill players will be back. Need to replace 2 or 3 lineman on both defense and offense. The undefeated JV is loaded. They are huge and good speed . I really like the JV QB Micheal Barta (6'3" 220lb) very accurate passer with a strong arm.

WOS1
12-17-2016, 10:23 PM

:D

Lol... round here, theres always a chance. And since were talking JV. Ours was undefeated as well. Also, the soph class has not lost a game since they started in MS. Again, talents there but no experience. Regardless, we will be competitive ;)

d0tc0m
12-19-2016, 10:32 AM
Celina will bring back quite a bit, including most of the offensive line, which will be much improved next season. And, from what I've been told, there's quite a bit of good talent coming up through the ranks in the skill positions (as well as the offensive/defensive lines). And more than talent, I'm told that the groups coming up in the next 4-5 years are just a really good bunch of kids, very close-knit and hardworking. So, I think most in the Celina camp are pretty optimistic about the future.

Mr. Football
12-20-2016, 11:01 AM
Cuero will be competitive next year. I went to a few JV games this year and liked what I saw. The lineman have good size and will do just fine on varsity. I am thinking the JV qb Michael Barta will earn the starting position he will help the Cuero passing game. I saw a couple of freshman that were really good I would not be surprised if they made it to Varsity.

buckeyebob
12-25-2016, 08:06 AM

If my numbers are right, Freshman had 1 defeat against Marshall

cowboyandchrist
12-25-2016, 07:57 PM
Carthage will return 16 and have super star freshmen QB will be sophomore next year.
The Dawgs will have one of the best O lines in 4A. They will average 6'4 280, if you looked on the side lines during the state championship game you saw two freshmen that were giants, one played on extra points.
The Dawgs bring back all receivers, one of the best backs in the state at any classification.
I believe the Dawgs make another deep run next year.

Dawgs
12-25-2016, 09:36 PM
Carthage will return 16 and have super star freshmen QB will be sophomore next year.
The Dawgs will have one of the best O lines in 4A. They will average 6'4 280, if you looked on the side lines during the state championship game you saw two freshmen that were giants, one played on extra points.
The Dawgs bring back all receivers, one of the best backs in the state at any classification.

Cowboy you know I really get a kick out of you, and I love your enthusiasm for the Dawgs. But this is a thread for D2 folks. But since you started, Carthage only returns 10. Maybe 11 if you count Ashton Hicks who lost his starting job to Cameron Matkock after Hicks got injured. One of those starters is a 2 way starter so we can say Carthage returns 6 and 6. You are right about the Freshman QB who will be a sophomore. But there is a couple of older kids who will have something to say about a sophomore starting next year. But Carthage's class that will be sophomores next year have a chance to be the best to come thru Carthage. The kids that will be juniors next year aren't the strongest class, but they do have some good ball players. And everybody already knows about our class that will be seniors next year. I honestly believe that class has 4 D1 athletes, with 2 of them being big time Power 5 athletes in Ingram and Gates. I also hear ever so quite whispers that Ahmad Brown (Stud LB) will come back from Crockett for his senior year. He is another D1 prospect. It's a long time till next season, and a lot can happen between now and then. But Carthage has a chance next year to be a special team. Like best we have ever had. We need to get back to a dominating offensive and defensive line. If that happens Carthage is going to do a lot more than "make a deep run". Carthage is going to have a hell of a shot to 3 peat again. Or win 3 out of 4 or something crazy. Let's wait and see what this years freshman class look like as sophomores. I can already tell you it will be major let down if Carthage doesn't repeat. We have been waiting on 2017 since 2013 when we graduated that group. We just happened to win it all a year before we were supposed to.

buckeyebob
12-27-2016, 08:49 AM

We are doomed...again...guess we will have to be satisfied slapping Nac around...oh well

d0tc0m
12-27-2016, 09:18 AM
How much longer until the 2017 season kicks off?

waterboy
12-27-2016, 10:16 AM
How much longer until the 2017 season kicks off?

It's just 236 days before the first game of the 2017 football season kicks off...

buckeyebob
12-27-2016, 06:38 PM
It's just 236 days before the first game of the 2017 football season kicks off...

I am starting the clock & saving $$...with all the Home games this year, seats will be expensive, but worth it

cowboyandchrist
12-27-2016, 07:02 PM
Dawg, I counted six on the Defense. Numbers 5, 25, 27, 29, 44, and number 9 would come at times.
On offense numbers 3, ,5, 7, 28, 34, 51, 56, and 68.
That is 14 and there were two more that I can't remember their numbers that would come in.
34 tight end and number 9 D back. Number 9 was on all kick offs and punts. I may be wrong but I am old.

Dawgs
12-28-2016, 02:38 PM
Dawg, I counted six on the Defense. Numbers 5, 25, 27, 29, 44, and number 9 would come at times.
On offense numbers 3, ,5, 7, 28, 34, 51, 56, and 68.
That is 14 and there were two more that I can't remember their numbers that would come in.
34 tight end and number 9 D back. Number 9 was on all kick offs and punts. I may be wrong but I am old.

We will definitely have a lot of kids coming back that got a lot of playing time and experience. But as for actual starters it will be 11 with one playing both ways. On offense: K. Ingram, D. Ingram, Dee Bowens, Colbert, Gray, and Pierce. 3 WR, RB, and 2 OL. On defense: Colbert, Gates, Darrian Ingram, Wilson, DeJulian, and Hicks. 2 DB, 2 LB, and 2 DL.

Aesculus gilmus
12-28-2016, 07:37 PM

If you're willing to settle for 7 on 7, it'll start back up in just over four months.