PDA

View Full Version : 44 in a row

DaHop72
12-14-2016, 10:01 PM
What do you think about fast break football?

44INAROW
12-14-2016, 10:08 PM
What do you think about fast break football?

You mean the 6 man? If so, husband is driving me nuts figuring out dimensions of the field. It looks weird with 3 men lined up on the line. lol. Our feed kept cutting in and out. I think it would be fun to watch in a small, west Texas stadium, on a Friday night Kinda weird in such a large venue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DaHop72
12-14-2016, 10:12 PM
You mean the 6 man? If so, husband is driving me nuts figuring out dimensions of the field. It looks weird with 3 men lined up on the line. lol. Our feed kept cutting in and out. I think it would be fun to watch in a small, west Texas stadium, on a Friday night Kinda weird in such a large venue.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkYou need to go to one in a proper venue, it can become a track meet.

wyliefan
12-14-2016, 10:33 PM
When they played here in Abilene, the games were at 4:00 and 7:00 and the place was almost full every year. (10-12 thousand). Several small towns would come and watch, where the DFW area could care less about 6 man.

Old Green
12-14-2016, 10:36 PM
I went to a Prairie Lea game two years ago. They're the closet six man team to us. They were playing a private 6 man school. It was a lot of fun to watch.

44INAROW
12-14-2016, 10:51 PM
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FB-fanatic
12-15-2016, 08:53 PM
Gustine, Sidney, Zephyr... park in the endzones and honk your horns when someone scores. The band consists of one base drum. In years past I have been known to be related to every player on the Jonesboro team.

buckeyebob
12-16-2016, 09:23 AM
We got Union Hill...awesome bunch & lots of fun...of course, the whole team & coaches are blood relations...family tree looks like a telephone pole

LionFan72
12-16-2016, 09:51 AM
Heck yea, 6 man is a lot of fun. Looks like a sandlot game with no coaching, but it will entertain you! I can remember when we had 8 man teams also, about the same concept. Burkhart at Richland Springs is the shiz-nit of 6-man ball. left for one off season, and came back firing on all cylinders!

44INAROW
12-16-2016, 10:24 AM
We are putting a 6 man game on our Bucket List...

sk1
12-16-2016, 11:10 AM
We are putting a 6 man game on our Bucket List...

Let me know when you go. I wanna go to!!!

Rabid Cougar
12-16-2016, 11:21 AM
Probably more 6 man teams in McLennan, Hill, Coryell and Bosque Counties than anywhere in the state. They may seem like sand lot football but the well coached teams are like well oiled machines. I call three or four a year. Games between two good teams are every bit as exciting and nail biting as n 11 man game of the same caliber. They also have very good athletes that can play in any classification. Usually have exceptional concessions too!

I had a 6 man play off game in '15; 123 to 94. 31 kickoffs.

You also get your fair share of 45 pointers. Any team ahead by 45 plus at halftime or afterwards its over. How I wish that was a rule in 11 man. If it is a Homecoming and the visitors are threatening the 45 points, they will generally hold off scoring the 45th point until after halftime to allow homecoming ceremonies to take place.

Lots of church/private schools play 6 man.

Rabid Cougar
12-16-2016, 11:24 AM
Check out the Hico 6 Man Classic on opening weekend if you ever get a chance.

44INAROW
12-16-2016, 12:00 PM
Probably more 6 man teams in McLennan, Hill, Coryell and Bosque Counties than anywhere in the state. They may seem like sand lot football but the well coached teams are like well oiled machines. I call three or four a year. Games between two good teams are every bit as exciting and nail biting as n 11 man game of the same caliber. They also have very good athletes that can play in any classification. Usually have exceptional concessions too!

I had a 6 man play off game in '15; 123 to 94. 31 kickoffs.

You also get your fair share of 45 pointers. Any team ahead by 45 plus at halftime or afterwards its over. How I wish that was a rule in 11 man. If it is a Homecoming and the visitors are threatening the 45 points, they will generally hold off scoring the 45th point until after halftime to allow homecoming ceremonies to take place.

Lots of church/private schools play 6 man.
good info..... thanks