PDA

View Full Version : Jeff Traylor to Navasota?

coach
12-12-2016, 12:50 PM
Rumors are flying around like crazy...

waterboy
12-12-2016, 03:19 PM
Just a rumor. It ain't happening. If Jeff did go back to HS coaching, which I highly doubt, he's said the only place he ever wants to coach is Gilmer. He will get picked up by somebody in the college ranks. He's too good at recruiting not to.

Dawgs
12-12-2016, 03:41 PM
After Navasota disclosed what they were paying Fedora, this has to be absolutely false.

Aesculus gilmus
12-12-2016, 03:55 PM
Nothing against Navasota, but I don't think that district could pay enough to even make a respectable offer for what Traylor would want at this point.

He was making $350k as base salary until a few weeks ago (and still is, I suppose, until they buy him out).

He burned his high school coaching bridges behind him when he left Gilmer and very clearly told people exactly what waterboy wrote above, i.e., Gilmer was the only high school team he'd ever want to coach.

He very nearly went to Missouri to be on Barry Odom's staff last December. I have also heard he wants to be a Baylor coach. I'm sure he'd rather stay in Texas somewhere, but even Columbia, Mo., is only a 9-hour drive from Gilmer, where most of his extended family still is.

coach
12-12-2016, 03:56 PM
I had no idea that whatever a coach says is always true and is always backed up lol.

rb585
12-12-2016, 04:16 PM
:rolleyes:

Traylor can do a whole lot better than Navasota right now.

lostaussie
12-12-2016, 04:36 PM
Rumors are flying around like crazy...

What that is........is wishful thinking. NOT happening.

oldtownag
12-12-2016, 05:29 PM
I heard he was going to Carthage to coach the JV. 😆

Weebe
12-12-2016, 05:40 PM
I assume that no one is going to hire him to be a special teams coach...

OldBison75
12-12-2016, 05:46 PM
Great dream, but I doubt that this will happen. Don't get me wrong, I would love to see this. Traylor would instantly change the fortunes of the Rattlers, and the expectations. Navasota is hiring a new Sup right now and nothing is clear. However, the new SUP finalist has ties to Northeast Texas as an administrator and was a great baseball coach for years near Houston. We will see what that brings.

coach
12-13-2016, 11:42 AM
I heard he was going to Carthage to coach the JV. ��

Only if he is allowed to recruit East Texas kids to play for him.

lostaussie
12-13-2016, 12:40 PM
Great dream, but I doubt that this will happen. Don't get me wrong, I would love to see this. Traylor would instantly change the fortunes of the Rattlers, and the expectations. Navasota is hiring a new Sup right now and nothing is clear. However, the new SUP finalist has ties to Northeast Texas as an administrator and was a great baseball coach for years near Houston. We will see what that brings.

So did the Supt. quit or get fired because of the fallout from Fedora?

coach
12-13-2016, 12:59 PM

I think he resigned.

coach
12-13-2016, 01:02 PM

According to my sources the Superintendent that ran off Fedora left in August for The Woodlands.

OldBison75
12-13-2016, 03:02 PM
Rory Gesch was the Sup in Navasota and resigned to take the job of Asst. Sup in Alvin. He was under a lot of pressure from the new school board, but more for the state of the district in general as he was a huge supporter of Fedora.

LionFan72
12-16-2016, 09:58 AM
Somebody is wishing, can't see that happening in this lifetime!

coach
12-16-2016, 10:08 AM
My bad guys. He is going to Cedar Hill instead...