PDA

View Full Version : Sweetwater, W-O-S, Abilene Wylie, Carthage

Red&White_9x5
12-12-2016, 09:47 AM
OK State Finalists..... Who is the best Offense and best defense your teams have faced up to this point?

griff
12-12-2016, 09:50 AM
For WO-S, the best offense we saw was Waco Robinson. The best defense was Kennedale.

oldtownag
12-12-2016, 09:57 AM
Offense: Henderson
Defense: China Spring

Rocket Man
12-12-2016, 11:52 AM
For WO-S, the best offense we saw was Waco Robinson. The best defense was Kennedale.

Thanks for the compliment.

For future reference, you can save a few keystrokes and call us Robinson; we ain't part of Waco

griff
12-12-2016, 12:05 PM
Thanks for the compliment.

For future reference, you can save a few keystrokes and call us Robinson; we ain't part of Waco

Yeah, you're right and I forgot. Your school is commonly labeled as "Waco Robinson" by many outside of your area, but I understand that Robinson is a city to itself.

slingshot
12-12-2016, 12:48 PM
Hmmm... For Wylie--Best Offense: Lubbock Monterey, Best Defense: Kennedale

Rocket Man
12-12-2016, 03:11 PM
Yeah, you're right and I forgot. Your school is commonly labeled as "Waco Robinson" by many outside of your area, but I understand that Robinson is a city to itself.

Ain't no real big biggie, thanks for understanding

slingshot
12-12-2016, 03:39 PM
Ain't no real big biggie, thanks for understandingIt's kind of the same here... everybody outside of this area calls us 'Abilene Wylie'. We just call it 'Wylie' as does everyone else in our area and district. Way back when, Wylie was a small farming community several miles southwest of Abilene on the way to Buffalo Gap--the city of Abilene just slowly grew out to it. The school was opened in 1902. Wylie, TX started their school in 1905. So, we are the original. In our opinion they should be called 'Dallas Wylie' and we should just be called 'Wylie'!

Rocket Man
12-12-2016, 03:45 PM
It's kind of the same here... everybody outside of this area calls us 'Abilene Wylie'. We just call it 'Wylie' as does everyone else in our area and district. Way back when, Wylie was a small farming community several miles southwest of Abilene on the way to Buffalo Gap. The school was opened in 1902. Wylie, TX started their school in 1905... the city of Abilene slowly grew out to it. So, we are the original Wylie!

Cool history lesson, there are 2 Wylie's.

I understand it's difficult for folks from outside an area to know.

One of the reasons I like to correct the record for Robinson is that I have such disdain for WISD and don't want anyone to remotely think we are part of that.......that.....that septic system.

toddg
12-12-2016, 04:18 PM
Cool history lesson, there are 2 Wylie's.

I understand it's difficult for folks from outside an area to know.

One of the reasons I like to correct the record for Robinson is that I have such disdain for WISD and don't want anyone to remotely think we are part of that.......that.....that septic system. waco china springs would agree!!

Rocket Man
12-12-2016, 06:12 PM
waco china springs would agree!!

Please place your seats in the upright position, Rabid will be along shortly..............

BwdLion73
12-12-2016, 06:16 PM
Wylie Abilene Cooper.

slingshot
12-12-2016, 06:34 PM
Wylie Abilene Cooper.Ha-Ha...

WOS87
12-12-2016, 08:49 PM

Kennedale was definitely good but how would you compare them to Liberty? Only game I recall it being within a touchdown at half 13-7.

WOS1
12-12-2016, 11:27 PM
Kennedale would beat Liberty. Liberty came out running an offense they had not run all year and were, seriously, just trying to not get blown out. They were not even remotely playing to win that game. We made some adjustments at halftime and beat them. Didn't blow them out, but again, that's all they were after. We scored easily on their defense, but I think we only had 6 possessions the entire game. Kennedale came to play and it was tight for the first quarter and a half.

hollywood
12-12-2016, 11:41 PM
Wylie Abilene Cooper.

Brownearly Lionhorns

Rabid Cougar
12-13-2016, 10:10 AM
Offense: Henderson
Defense: China Spring

Thank you sir !

Rabid Cougar
12-13-2016, 10:12 AM
waco china springs would agree!!

:mad::tongue::thmbdwn::foul::foul:

We interrupt this rant for a special announcement:

China Spring kids used to go to LaVega schools until 1953 when China Spring ISD was created. The school has never been in Waco until 1998 when the new high school was constructed. It was built in the city limits of Waco because the local water Coop could not support the infrastructure of the school. They were also going to have to build a micro sewage treatment plant to service the school. Waco had gradually incorporated the area and now encompasses about half the school district. This area is where all the big subdivisions are located. The actual community of China Spring is still in McLennan County.

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming.

Gsquared
12-13-2016, 10:26 AM

We interrupt this rant for a special announcement:

China Spring kids used to go to LaVega schools until 1953 when China Spring ISD was created. The school has never been in Waco until 1998 when the new high school was constructed. It was built in the city limits of Waco because the local water Coop could not support the infrastructure of the school. They were also going to have to build a micro sewage treatment plant to service the school. Waco had gradually incorporated the area and now encompasses about half the school district. This area is where all the big subdivisions are located. The actual community of China Spring is still in McLennan County.

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming.

Isnt this similar to the way Yoe Texas came about? :1popcorn:

Rabid Cougar
12-13-2016, 10:37 AM
Back on thread:

I would say that Carthage had the best defense that CS faced, on par with LaVega's. Sold out on the run in the 2nd half and challenged CS to beat them by the pass. LaVega did that the first game too.

I am having a hard time with who had the best offense though. CS defense only gave up 20 points to Carthage in regulation. That is equal to what Fairfield, Gatesville, Lampasas and Liberty Hill scored during the season and playoffs. Stats are about the same too. Of course CS offense was hanging 40-50 plus on all these too. Again, a tip of the hat to Carthage's D.

Rabid Cougar
12-13-2016, 10:47 AM
Isnt this similar to the way Yoe Texas came about? :1popcorn:

No. There was actually a Cameron High School until 1929. They were called the "Bulldogs". C.H. Yoe donated land to build a new school. His only requirements was that it was to be named after himself and the school was to have a school holiday one day a year. The school is named C.H.Yoe High school, the mascot is a "Yoeman" and to this day there is "Yoe Day".
The school kids parade from the school to the cemetery for a ceremony at Mr. and Mrs. Yoe's gravesite and then return to school for field day activities at the football stadium.

slingshot
12-13-2016, 11:37 AM
...The school has never been in Waco until 1998 when the new high school was constructed. It was built in the city limits of Waco...Waco had gradually incorporated the area and now encompasses about half the school district...SO... China Spring High School IS in Waco!

Rabid Cougar
12-13-2016, 01:34 PM
SO... China Spring High School IS in Waco!

Of course ! Never denied it. So is Bosqueville and Midway..... Just not WISD. Connelly and LaVega are not even IN Waco.

WOS87
12-14-2016, 12:07 AM
No. There was actually a Cameron High School until 1929. They were called the "Bulldogs". C.H. Yoe donated land to build a new school. His only requirements was that it was to be named after himself and the school was to have a school holiday one day a year. The school is named C.H.Yoe High school, the mascot is a "Yoeman" and to this day there is "Yoe Day".
The school kids parade from the school to the cemetery for a ceremony at Mr. and Mrs. Yoe's gravesite and then return to school for field day activities at the football stadium.

Very similar to how Stark got its name included in WO-S. Old Orange High School became Lutcher Stark high school in the 1940's due to the Stark family doing something similar. So when West Orange merged with Stark it became WO-S

oldtownag
12-14-2016, 03:16 AM
Carthage is just Carthage. It's inside Carthage.

Rabid Cougar
12-14-2016, 10:32 AM
Carthage is just Carthage. It's inside Carthage.

:clap: Way it should be!

WOS87
12-14-2016, 03:08 PM
That makes Carthage sound very lonely. It needs a significant other. You should incorporate Beckville. :)

Rabid Cougar
12-14-2016, 04:16 PM
That makes Carthage sound very lonely. It needs a significant other. You should incorporate Beckville. :)

or Shreveport.......

oldtownag
12-14-2016, 04:40 PM

How pick Tenaha! They play some good ball down there.