PDA

View Full Version : Best thing about living in Waco.......

Rabid Cougar
12-08-2016, 11:38 AM
Texas High School football playoffs season.

Tons of high quality play off games to be had within a very short drive.

Sweetwater vs Gilmer Friday night 7:30 at Baylor and Wall vs. Mineola , 7:30 p.m. Friday at Waco’s Waco ISD Stadium.

Now which one to choose.......

Used to we would have three maybe four State Championship games in Waco next week. If only Baylor had built a dome.

Mr. Football
12-08-2016, 02:50 PM

Sweetwater vs Gilmer Friday night 7:30 at Baylor and Wall vs. Mineola , 7:30 p.m. Friday at Waco’s Waco ISD Stadium.

Used to we would have three maybe four State Championship games in Waco next week. If only Baylor had built a dome.

I'm thinking Wall vs. Mineola will be a better game.

Rabid Cougar
12-08-2016, 02:52 PM
I'm thinking Wall vs. Mineola will be a better game.

I am thinking that too.

bobcat1
12-08-2016, 02:55 PM
Don't forget George's and you get to read about Baylor scandals

d0tc0m
12-08-2016, 03:04 PM

Also, you have Chip and Joanna from Fixer Upper.

Rabid Cougar
12-08-2016, 03:30 PM
Also, you have Chip and Joanna from Fixer Upper.

Oh dear God. That is a circus. During the summer they have 10-15,000 people through the Silos on a weekend. Has totally change the character to downtown ( for the good I have to add). if you look at their guest book, people come from everywhere. If a person says something bad about them on their FB page, that person becomes the devil.

They live about 10 minutes from my house. People pull over on the side of a major highway to take selfies at the gate to "Magnolia Farms" all the time. They have actually had to take down their sign over the entrance gate because it attracted tour buses and such. You watch... there will be a fair share of Gilmer, Sweetwater, Wall and Mineola t-shirts and hoodies there on Friday and Saturday.

Rabid Cougar
12-08-2016, 03:34 PM

Georges is good but the eateries on the west side of 35 across from Baylor has exploded. they have cleared all the old building and houses out of the area between 35 and the Fixer Upper Silos. LOTS of commercial storefront/restaurants/condo/apartment development is going on there now.

buckeyebob
12-08-2016, 03:36 PM

7:00 not 7:30...gonna be a late night regardless (3-1/2 hrs from the house)

waterboy
12-08-2016, 03:46 PM
Oh dear God. That is a circus. During the summer they have 10-15,000 people through the Silos on a weekend. Has totally change the character to downtown ( for the good I have to add). if you look at their guest book, people come from everywhere. If a person says something bad about them on their FB page, that person becomes the devil.

They live about 10 minutes from my house. People pull over on the side of a major highway to take selfies at the gate to "Magnolia Farms" all the time. They have actually had to take down their sign over the entrance gate because it attracted tour buses and such. You watch... there will be a fair share of Gilmer, Sweetwater, Wall and Mineola t-shirts and hoodies there on Friday and Saturday.

I wouldn't doubt it. My wife loves to watch the Gaines' "Fixer Upper" show. We were thinking about doing a remodel on a house a while ago, and my wife wanted me to call Chip and Joanna to ask if they could do it. I actually called them, and was told by the secretary that there area was limited to within 50 miles of Waco.

waterboy
12-08-2016, 03:47 PM
7:00 not 7:30...gonna be a late night regardless (3-1/2 hrs from the house)

7:00

Rabid Cougar
12-08-2016, 03:55 PM
I wouldn't doubt it. My wife loves to watch the Gaines' "Fixer Upper" show. We were thinking about doing a remodel on a house a while ago, and my wife wanted me to call Chip and Joanna to ask if they could do it. I actually called them, and was told by the secretary that there area was limited to within 50 miles of Waco.

Actually, no more than that 30 minutes out of Waco. You also have to have at minimum $35,000 on hand for upgrades. Its not mentioned on the show but most of the people that get their houses done have already bought the house. The whole "selection" part is for show! Also all the room dressing that Joanna does for the "reveal" leaves when the "reveal" is over. She will sell it to you as is though but not for cheap.

His demo days are also fake. He shows up for 15 minutes to do his bit for the cameras then leaves. Then two trucks full of laborers show up and does all the work.

Sorry to blow the cover...... have witnessed two of their houses being done up close. Also wait for the houseboat episode.... lots of stories about that one.

Rabid Cougar
12-08-2016, 04:00 PM

They also recently signed a three year deal for $300K an episode - 13 episodes a year.

waterboy
12-08-2016, 04:38 PM
Actually, no more than that 30 minutes out of Waco. You also have to have at minimum $35,000 on hand for upgrades. Its not mentioned on the show but most of the people that get their houses done have already bought the house. The whole "selection" part is for show! Also all the room dressing that Joanna does for the "reveal" leaves when the "reveal" is over. She will sell it to you as is though but not for cheap.

His demo days are also fake. He shows up for 15 minutes to do his bit for the cameras then leaves. Then two trucks full of laborers show up and does all the work.

Sorry to blow the cover...... have witnessed two of their houses being done up close. Also wait for the houseboat episode.... lots of stories about that one.

That could've been what the secretary told me. I can't really remember. Our remodel was on a house we inherited so it was bought and paid for. We were on a budget of about $65K, and that would've been plenty, or so it would seem. It turned out to be around $80-90K to do everything that needed to be done to suit us. We really wanted to keep the place but it wasn't going to be worth it. It was prime real estate where the house was located so we did get a little more than the appraised value. It's all good.

I pretty much had figured out a lot of what you said. Once the money like their getting paid for the show rolled in, it pretty much was everything was just for show I'm sure. I didn't know to what extent, but thanks for the enlightenment.

d0tc0m
12-09-2016, 09:37 AM
That could've been what the secretary told me. I can't really remember. Our remodel was on a house we inherited so it was bought and paid for. We were on a budget of about $65K, and that would've been plenty, or so it would seem. It turned out to be around $80-90K to do everything that needed to be done to suit us. We really wanted to keep the place but it wasn't going to be worth it. It was prime real estate where the house was located so we did get a little more than the appraised value. It's all good.

I pretty much had figured out a lot of what you said. Once the money like their getting paid for the show rolled in, it pretty much was everything was just for show I'm sure. I didn't know to what extent, but thanks for the enlightenment.

All of that is pretty accurate. But they both do a ton of work/remodels that are not and never were planned for the show, which is why you'll see Chip show up for 15 minutes, do his bit and leave. He's actually going elsewhere to do actual work that isn't part of the show.

Rabid Cougar
12-09-2016, 09:44 AM
All of that is pretty accurate. But they both do a ton of work/remodels that are not and never were planned for the show, which is why you'll see Chip show up for 15 minutes, do his bit and leave. He's actually going elsewhere to do actual work that isn't part of the show.

He doesn't do any work any more. He has crews that do all the work. He used to do ALL the work. Was flipping houses long before the show.

BwdLion73
12-09-2016, 10:30 AM
They also recently signed a three year deal for $300K an episode - 13 episodes a year.

My demo days would be over too! :)

Matthew328
12-09-2016, 10:39 AM
Dont even go to George's anymore..usually go to Fuego or Bubba 33