PDA

View Full Version : 4A Div I Semi Finals China Spring vs Carthage Saturday Dec 10 4:00pm at The Star!

Pages : [1] 2

Rabid Cougar
12-04-2016, 11:32 AM
Ballgame is at the Star is Frisco. China Spring is the home team.

Dawgs
12-04-2016, 12:16 PM
Man this is going to be a battle. Carthage coming in healthy unlike last year against LV when we had 9 starters out. I wanted to see the Dawgs get another shot at LV after we got embarrassed last year, but this is going to be a great game. Cannot believe these 2 teams have missed each other thru the years. I haven't been able to say for certain in any playoff game besides North Forest that Carthage was going to win. We have won 3 out of 4 playoff games this year have been 4th quarter come from behind victories and in those 3 games the Dawgs have won by a combined 7 points. This Carthage team is unlike any other team we have had in the Surratt era. We have won in the past with dominant line play, Great QB's, and flat out better skill players. This is not those teams. We do have the skill players to matchup with anybody, but this is not the most talented team. They make mistakes, sometimes lack in execution, and struggle to stop the run. I am just being honest. But these kids have heart, a never die attitude, and they know how to win. If Carthage is within 7 points in the 4th quarter, I would bet the house on these boys. Just something about this team. This looks like 2 teams peaking at the right time. Should be a great game

oldtownag
12-04-2016, 01:02 PM
7th Semi-final trip in 9 years for the Dawgs.

LHPfactory
12-04-2016, 01:14 PM
7th Semi-final trip in 9 years for the Dawgs.

Its that cake walk Region III, anyone could do that....lol

Rabid Cougar
12-04-2016, 02:01 PM
Tickets will have to be purchased online.. Seating is limited to 10,000 total seats! So order your tickets quick. Tickets will go on sale Monday from Ticket Master.

This is the only way to purchase tickets!!!!!

Rabid Cougar
12-04-2016, 03:08 PM
All I can think about this game is...... I am going to have to endure at least 5 hours of shopping before the game. Why the hell did they have to choose Frisco ?
Worst of all locations in North Texas.

Bosqueville
12-04-2016, 03:15 PM
All I can think about this game is...... I am going to have to endure at least 5 hours of shopping before the game. Why the hell did they have to choose Frisco ?

1st thing my wife said, "oh we can go up early and go to the mall."

slingshot
12-04-2016, 03:31 PM
1st thing my wife said, "oh we can go up early and go to the mall."Seems to be a common thread... :rolleyes:

marler1972
12-04-2016, 03:33 PM
Tickets will have to be purchased online.. Seating is limited to 10,000 total seats! So order your tickets quick. Tickets will go on sale Monday from Ticket Master.

Seats 12,000.

Rocket Man
12-04-2016, 06:18 PM

You know you love it, ha ha. My wife is wanting to go, I see now that she may have ulterior motives.

speedbump
12-04-2016, 06:21 PM

You can't be serious.

FB-fanatic
12-04-2016, 06:34 PM
You know you love it, ha ha. My wife is wanting to go, I see now that she may have ulterior motives.

If it had been a afternoon game, Mary was going to "drop me off".... but an evening game, no good for her. Will be there with bells on.

Rabid Cougar
12-04-2016, 07:02 PM
You can't be serious.

Was told that is the only way to purchase them before the game. They are not being sold at the school.

hollywood
12-04-2016, 07:08 PM
Carthage by a TD. Really could go either way. Would be cool to actually see a Wylie vs China Spring State Championship.

Dawgs
12-04-2016, 07:26 PM
Man, I'm not gonna be able to call this one. I am just way too gun shy at this point. After taking the worst beating we have ever taken in the Surratt era last year when we played LV it makes me very heseitent. We ran out of steam, and injuries hurt us, but that night in Mesquite LV could have beat Carthage by 60, maybe more. And I don't know how much different it would have been if we were 100% healthy. I'm going to take a much more subtle approach messing with these Waco area teams. They play some good ball in that part of the state.

slingshot
12-04-2016, 07:27 PM
Wylie vs CS or Carthage... doesn't matter as long as we get there!

toddg
12-04-2016, 07:29 PM
Carthage by a TD. Really could go either way. Would be cool to actually see a possible Wylie vs China Spring State Championship.​there, i fixed it for you....

cowboyandchrist
12-04-2016, 08:19 PM
Two very good teams play for a shot at the title.
I believe the Dawgs win by 3 in a hard fought game.
Let's Go Dawgs !!!!
God Bless coaches, players, and fans.

Bosqueville
12-04-2016, 10:08 PM
I've got a very good feeling about our Cougars in this game.

Matthew328
12-04-2016, 10:11 PM
I'd think TicketMaster would make it somewhat more convenient to buy the tickets than going up to the school and waiting in line etc....there is a surcharge what is it 2 bucks per ticket? Guess thats for convenience haha

The Star is a very nice venue...still a lot of construction going on but its a cool place to visit..

Weebe
12-04-2016, 11:15 PM
I'll go with Carthage by a TD.

speedbump
12-05-2016, 12:39 AM
I'd think TicketMaster would make it somewhat more convenient to buy the tickets than going up to the school and waiting in line etc....there is a surcharge what is it 2 bucks per ticket? Guess thats for convenience haha

The Star is a very nice venue...still a lot of construction going on but its a cool place to visit..

Great people running the UIL these days. Two bucks here,two bucks there. Before you know it the good seats will be taken up by the corporate greed heads and Mom,Dad and the siblings will be pushed to the nose bleeds.

oldtownag
12-05-2016, 09:38 AM
Carthage is very lucky to make it this far. I doubt China Spring will even need to practice this week.

That said, Dawgs by 7! :)

Rabid Cougar
12-05-2016, 11:22 AM
Whoever has the better Defense and the ability to adapt and make adjustments on the fly will win this game.

panfan
12-05-2016, 12:55 PM
Congrats on the win CS over LV. I followed it on the downlow and from what it sounds like, CS owned the second half. That kind of confidence booster will only propel them to the next level in a tough game against Carthage, who has scraped out wins in each round. I think this one stays close for the first half, then CS pulls away in the second. I'll take CS by 14.

itmoney100
12-05-2016, 01:21 PM
Carthage's state semifinal game against China Spring has been moved up to 4pm Saturday at the Star in Frisco

cowboyandchrist
12-05-2016, 02:27 PM
The Dawgs held Stafford to 0 points in the second half. CS will not pull away from the Dawgs in the second half. The Dawgs play four full quarters, down to the final second. Dawgs by 3.
Let's Go Dawgs !!!!
The storm continues to move across Texas.

itmoney100
12-05-2016, 02:31 PM
Congrats on the win CS over LV. I followed it on the downlow and from what it sounds like, CS owned the second half. That kind of confidence booster will only propel them to the next level in a tough game against Carthage, who has scraped out wins in each round. I think this one stays close for the first half, then CS pulls away in the second. I'll take CS by 14.

In my opinion I believe Carthage had a tougher playoff run then China Spring. We have had 3 close games and 1 blowout game. I don't believe China Spring will be as athletic as Silsbee , Henderson or Stafford we have been through the storm I believe we're battle-tested. Not to mention I think our overall strength of schedule for the whole season is better. China Spring has played two tough games all year Waco La Vega 2 times. In my opinion Carthage walks to the state championship. I think this will be the most balanced and the most complex offense they have seen all year. But again that's just my opinion that's why they play the game. Good luck to both sides praying for a good game with no injuries.

Rabid Cougar
12-05-2016, 03:20 PM
In my opinion I believe Carthage had a tougher playoff run then China Spring. We have had 3 close games and 1 blowout game. I don't believe China Spring will be as athletic as Silsbee , Henderson or Stafford we have been through the storm I believe we're battle-tested. Not to mention I think our overall strength of schedule for the whole season is better. China Spring has played two tough games all year Waco La Vega 2 times. In my opinion Carthage walks to the state championship. I think this will be the most balanced and the most complex offense they have seen all year. But again that's just my opinion that's why they play the game. Good luck to both sides praying for a good game with no injuries.

Strength of Schedule up to week 11

China Spring No. 9
Carthage No. 12

China has given up 178 points. (12.7 ppg) Only 2 teams scored 20 points on CS.

Carthage has given up 292 points. (21 ppg) 7 teams scored more than 20 , 2 scored 40+

There were no common opponents in '16

In '15 , China Spring lost to LaVega 16-14 and 20-7. Carthage lost to LaVega 39 - 3

itmoney100
12-05-2016, 03:29 PM
http://www1.ticketmaster.com/high-school-football-playoffs-carthage-v-frisco-texas-12-10-2016/event/0C00517DE3776286

itmoney100
12-05-2016, 04:05 PM

China Spring No. 9
Carthage No. 12

Carthage has given up 292 points. (21 ppg) 7 teams scored more than 20 , 2 scored 40+

In '15 , China Spring lost to LaVega 16-14 and 20-7. Carthage lost to LaVega 39 - 3

Thanks for the info should be a great game.

panfan
12-05-2016, 04:13 PM
I don't believe China Spring will be as athletic as Silsbee , Henderson or Stafford

I don't believe any of those teams are/were as athletic or large as La Vega, and yet here they are, CS that is.... :thinking:

itmoney100
12-05-2016, 04:24 PM
I don't believe any of those teams are/were as athletic or large as La Vega, and yet here they are, CS that is.... :thinking:

These are just opinions and beliefs. We have played Gilmer,Silsbee ,Henderson twice and Stafford and Kilgore who should have beat Stafford very close game between them. I like to look at who teams have played throughout the season. I honestly just believe Carthage has played tougher games overall. I'm not taking anything away from China Spring but they have only played two tough games the whole season which came against Waco La Vega. Bottom line is that there's only four teams left Anything Could Happen and everybody is good. I just have my own beliefs of how the game will go and come Saturday we will see the results.

Dawgs
12-05-2016, 04:28 PM

China Spring No. 9
Carthage No. 12

Our resident guru WOS87 had the following after 1st round of the playoffs:

Strength of Schedule

1. Carthage D1
2. Pleasant Grove D2
3. China Spring D1

Max Preps (which is not the greatest) has CS SOS as a 23.6 and Carthage as a 30.4. Based on Max Preps Carthage has one of the highest SOS in the state regardless of classification.

You can look at those stats about points scored vs points allowed. To be honest I don't know how in the heck the SOS is even close. I guess cause Yoe dominates in their division, and LV (played twice) was an unbeaten state champ. You come on over to ETX and play Gilmer, Henderson (Twice), and Kilgore year in and year out. Not to mention most every year a couple 5a teams with double or even triple the enrollment of Carthage. In the playoffs we have played Silsbee and Stafford. 2 more offensive teams. Don't let those numbers fool you. There is just no way CS has played anywhere near the schedule that Carthage has. We are playing high powered offenses every week. I am in no way diminishing CS. I have alot of respect for what CS has accomplished the last 2 years. Very impressive. But those stats you are pointing to are very misleading. Lets leave Henderson and LV out of it. Both great teams, and both Carthage and CS played them twice. Name 1 team yall have played this year better than Gilmer, Kilgore, Stafford, heck maybe even Silsbee, LE or Whitehouse? I just don't see it. LH? Maybe, but I don't think so. They are definitely not a high powered offense. Every year Carthage does what is has to do to win. And in ETX that means most of the time get in a shoot out, and get a couple of stops. Heck I am surprised we have allowed only 21 ppg. I would have thought it would be much higher.

I will absolutely not make excuse about the LV game last year. We got our a$$ handed to us. But we were missing Keontay Ingram, and had 8 other starters out. Not an excuse, you play with the young men you have on the field. And LV took us behind the woodshed and beat us silly. We have never been beaten like that in all the years Surratt has been in Carthage. I am pretty sure if it would've been CS instead of LV, they would have spanked us too. But this is not that team. Our super sophomores from last year are now juniors, and this team is mentally tough. The team last year was not. When LV jumped out on us, it was heads down on the sidelines, and every incomplete pass our receivers were begging for flags. It was embarrassing. This team could've folded up several times. Heck I thought they were folding up right before my eyes after we got beat by Henderson and Kilgore back to back weeks, after pretty much having their way with Gilmer. These boys got a reality check and have responded in a major way.

Those of you that come watch this game, that have come to know Carthage as an imposing team who just physically dominates their way to a ship, will be very surprised. This is not one of those teams. This is something else. Something we haven't had. But they are sure fun to watch. Freakin Cardiac Kids. Just in the playoffs 3 4th quarter comebacks, and those 3 wins by a combined 7 points. Next year we will be back to dominant. This year they are young and fighting for every thing they get.

To me this is just too close to call. CS has blown thru their schedule with the exception of LV. Carthage has done anything but blow thru their schedule. This one is coming down to the wire IMO. I won't say that this team is gonna win it all, but they will fight to the end with their heads up. All we need is a chance in the end. If Carthage is within 7 points in the 4th quarter, I would bet the house on these boys. I am sure CS fans feel the same as Carthage fans. I honestly want to see a clean game between 2 programs that do it the right way with good kids. The outcome at this point is what it is. The better team will win. No matter who wins both teams have had awesome seasons. Carthage got the Gilmer monkey off our back, and beat a Henderson team that NOBODY said we could int he playoffs. Hey a state championship would be nice, but I am a thrilled fan either way.

caleb_mccaig
12-05-2016, 04:45 PM
I'll be there this Saturday. Finally.

Aesculus gilmus
12-05-2016, 05:01 PM
Is anyone going to telecast this one? I know the China Spring-La Vega game was on NFHS Network.

Rabid Cougar
12-05-2016, 05:30 PM

Strength of Schedule

1. Carthage D1
2. Pleasant Grove D2
3. China Spring D1

Max Preps (which is not the greatest) has CS SOS as a 23.6 and Carthage as a 30.4. Based on Max Preps Carthage has one of the highest SOS in the state regardless of classification.

You can look at those stats about points scored vs points allowed. To be honest I don't know how in the heck the SOS is even close. I guess cause Yoe dominates in their division, and LV (played twice) was an unbeaten state champ. You come on over to ETX and play Gilmer, Henderson (Twice), and Kilgore year in and year out. Not to mention most every year a couple 5a teams with double or even triple the enrollment of Carthage. In the playoffs we have played Silsbee and Stafford. 2 more offensive teams. Don't let those numbers fool you. There is just no way CS has played anywhere near the schedule that Carthage has. We are playing high powered offenses every week. I am in no way diminishing CS. I have alot of respect for what CS has accomplished the last 2 years. Very impressive. But those stats you are pointing to are very misleading. Lets leave Henderson and LV out of it. Both great teams, and both Carthage and CS played them twice. Name 1 team yall have played this year better than Gilmer, Kilgore, Stafford, heck maybe even Silsbee, LE or Whitehouse? I just don't see it. LH? Maybe, but I don't think so. They are definitely not a high powered offense. Every year Carthage does what is has to do to win. And in ETX that means most of the time get in a shoot out, and get a couple of stops. Heck I am surprised we have allowed only 21 ppg. I would have thought it would be much higher.

I will absolutely not make excuse about the LV game last year. We got our a$$ handed to us. But we were missing Keontay Ingram, and had 8 other starters out. Not an excuse, you play with the young men you have on the field. And LV took us behind the woodshed and beat us silly. We have never been beaten like that in all the years Surratt has been in Carthage. I am pretty sure if it would've been CS instead of LV, they would have spanked us too. But this is not that team. Our super sophomores from last year are now juniors, and this team is mentally tough. The team last year was not. When LV jumped out on us, it was heads down on the sidelines, and every incomplete pass our receivers were begging for flags. It was embarrassing. This team could've folded up several times. Heck I thought they were folding up right before my eyes after we got beat by Henderson and Kilgore back to back weeks, after pretty much having their way with Gilmer. These boys got a reality check and have responded in a major way.

Those of you that come watch this game, that have come to know Carthage as an imposing team who just physically dominates their way to a ship, will be very surprised. This is not one of those teams. This is something else. Something we haven't had. But they are sure fun to watch. Freakin Cardiac Kids. Just in the playoffs 3 4th quarter comebacks, and those 3 wins by a combined 7 points. Next year we will be back to dominant. This year they are young and fighting for every thing they get.

To me this is just too close to call. CS has blown thru their schedule with the exception of LV. Carthage has done anything but blow thru their schedule. This one is coming down to the wire IMO. I won't say that this team is gonna win it all, but they will fight to the end with their heads up. All we need is a chance in the end. If Carthage is within 7 points in the 4th quarter, I would bet the house on these boys. I am sure CS fans feel the same as Carthage fans. I honestly want to see a clean game between 2 programs that do it the right way with good kids. The outcome at this point is what it is. The better team will win. No matter who wins both teams have had awesome seasons. Carthage got the Gilmer monkey off our back, and beat a Henderson team that NOBODY said we could int he playoffs. Hey a state championship would be nice, but I am a thrilled fan either way.

Cameron - 63-13
Huntsville - 55-8
Lorena - 49-12
Troy - 70-14
Fairfield - 56-19

District
Burnet 49-14
LaVega 17-10 Loss
Gatesville 49 - 21
Liberty Hill 42-14
Lampasas 38-20

Playoffs
Boerne 32 - 10
Rio Grand City 55-7
Liberty Hill 52- 21
La Vega 21-10

Dawgs
12-05-2016, 05:57 PM
Cameron - 63-13
Huntsville - 55-8
Lorena - 49-12
Troy - 70-14
Fairfield - 56-19

District
Burnet 49-14
LaVega 17-10 Loss
Gatesville 49 - 21
Liberty Hill 42-14
Lampasas 38-20

Playoffs
Boerne 32 - 10
Rio Grand City 55-7
Liberty Hill 52- 21
La Vega 21-10

I've seen the schedule and the outcomes. What CS has done, and the dominance they have had has been awesome. Like I said I don't see 1 quality win besides LV (Which was a hell of a win) and LH. CS did what a state semi-finalist is supposed to do with that schedule. Give Carthage that schedule and I guarantee we score 50+ a game, and hold opponents to far less than our 21 ppg we are averaging this season.

Dawgs
12-05-2016, 06:01 PM
Cameron - 63-13
Huntsville - 55-8
Lorena - 49-12
Troy - 70-14
Fairfield - 56-19

Let's just compare pre-district schedule, and I won't say another word cause it doesn't matter anyway. We will find out on Saturday.

Gladewater
LE
Whitehouse
Gilmer

You gotta be kidding if you think there is any comparison in SOS.

hollywood
12-05-2016, 06:14 PM
From an outsiders perspective.. All teams are very deserving of being in the Semi's who are left. The beauty of a regional playoff system is that no one really knows for sure the strength of one team's schedule over the other at this point. It's all an educated or non-educated guess. Most are the ladder. Homerism at it's finest. :D

oldtownag
12-05-2016, 07:22 PM
NOTE: Time change to 4PM kickoff. Someone please update the Thread title with correct time!

speedbump
12-05-2016, 07:23 PM
Let's just compare pre-district schedule, and I won't say another word cause it doesn't matter anyway. We will find out on Saturday.

Gladewater
LE
Whitehouse
Gilmer

As of this week Pigskin Prep has Carthage at #1 for both avg. power ratings of opponents and opponents record. CS ranks 8 and 2 respectively.

Rabid Cougar
12-05-2016, 08:51 PM

Gladewater
LE
Whitehouse
Gilmer

Not comparing anything. They lined them up an CS knocked them down just as Regional Champion should.

Rabid Cougar
12-05-2016, 08:52 PM
NOTE: Time change to 4PM kickoff. Someone please update the Thread title with correct time!

An easier request than done. I think only an Admin can do that. Reason for the separate thread stating such change.

pirate4state
12-05-2016, 09:09 PM
An easier request than done. I think only an Admin can do that. Reason for the separate thread stating such change.

A mod should be able to change the thread title.

sk1
12-05-2016, 09:18 PM
I have changed title to 4:00pm.

Rabid Cougar
12-05-2016, 09:18 PM
Thank you!

FB-fanatic
12-05-2016, 11:18 PM

Strength of Schedule

1. Carthage D1
2. Pleasant Grove D2
3. China Spring D1

So, since Max Preps 1. IS pretty decent at rankings, and 2. Is really the only measuring stick we have with definitive quantifiable numbers (not based on "opinions" or "I'm pretty sures"):

Cameron - 63-13 / 81 ................ W Liberty E ../265
Huntsville - 55-8 /324 ............... W Whitehouse ../ 256
Lorena - 49-12 /229 ............... W Gilmer ../ 47
Troy - 70-14 /396 ............... L Henderson ../ 51 36-28
.................................................. . L Kilgore ../ 243 41-34
Fairfield - 56-19 /522 ............... W Center ../ 292

District
Burnet 49-14 / 420 ............... W Bullard ./ 562 28-12
LaVega 17-10 Loss / 93 ............... W Palestine ../ 309
Gatesville 49 - 21 /446 ............... W Chapel Hill ../493 25-17
Liberty Hill 42-14 /222 ............... Playoffs
Lampasas 38-20 /573 ............... W Silsbee ../196
............................................. W N Forrest ../ 406
............... ............... W Henderson ../51
Playoffs .............................. Stafford ../91
Boerne 32 - 10 /306
Rio Grand City 55-7 /645
Liberty Hill 52- 21 ../222
La Vega 21-10.../93

"To be honest I don't know how in the heck the SOS is even close. I guess cause Yoe dominates in their division, and LV (played twice) was an unbeaten state champ. " From the numbers above, you can see how the SOS can be close (Cameron finished season ranked 81 in state across all classes; LV at 93).

And just by virtue of *playing* good teams does not allow you to lose to a 243 team or beat a 493 and a 562 by only 8 points and 12 points.

"Name 1 team yall have played this year better than Gilmer, Kilgore, Stafford (other than LV)..." Lorena Liberty Hill (both better than Kilgore) Cameron

Will be a great game, Can't wait.

hollywood
12-06-2016, 12:10 AM
So, since Max Preps 1. IS pretty decent at rankings, and 2. Is really the only measuring stick we have with definitive quantifiable numbers (not based on "opinions" or "I'm pretty sures"):

Cameron - 63-13 / 81 ................ W Liberty E ../265
Huntsville - 55-8 /324 ............... W Whitehouse ../ 256
Lorena - 49-12 /229 ............... W Gilmer ../ 47
Troy - 70-14 /396 ............... L Henderson ../ 51 36-28
.................................................. . L Kilgore ../ 243 41-34
Fairfield - 56-19 /522 ............... W Center ../ 292

District
Burnet 49-14 / 420 ............... W Bullard ./ 562 28-12
LaVega 17-10 Loss / 93 ............... W Palestine ../ 309
Gatesville 49 - 21 /446 ............... W Chapel Hill ../493 25-17
Liberty Hill 42-14 /222 ............... Playoffs
Lampasas 38-20 /573 ............... W Silsbee ../196
............................................. W N Forrest ../ 406
............... ............... W Henderson ../51
Playoffs .............................. Stafford ../91
Boerne 32 - 10 /306
Rio Grand City 55-7 /645
Liberty Hill 52- 21 ../222
La Vega 21-10.../93

"To be honest I don't know how in the heck the SOS is even close. I guess cause Yoe dominates in their division, and LV (played twice) was an unbeaten state champ. " From the numbers above, you can see how the SOS can be close (Cameron finished season ranked 81 in state across all classes; LV at 93).

And just by virtue of *playing* good teams does not allow you to lose to a 243 team or beat a 493 and a 562 by only 8 points and 12 points.

"Name 1 team yall have played this year better than Gilmer, Kilgore, Stafford (other than LV)..." Lorena Liberty Hill (both better than Kilgore) Cameron

Will be a great game, Can't wait.

It's all still subjective data.

fumanchu
12-06-2016, 12:45 AM
Fun site to play around with.

http://www.adjustedstats.com/ratings-stats/tools/txhsfbmatchup.php?team1=Carthage&site=vs.&team2=China+Spring

http://www.adjustedstats.com/ratings-stats/txhsfbratings.php?year=2016&class=4A1

panfan
12-06-2016, 10:32 AM
Not comparing anything. They lined them up an CS knocked them down just as Regional Champion should.

Isn't it funny how most folks use success or failure by association/comparisons as a means to bolster their case. Hell I do it, and almost everyone on here does. In the end, two great teams will line up, play the game, and one will be the victor. My bet is that it is CS, and after that, sorry RC, likely Wylie. But for this Saturday, my opinion is that CS wins. Sure wish I could make it to this one.

Rabid Cougar
12-06-2016, 11:09 AM
Isn't it funny how most folks use success or failure by association/comparisons as a means to bolster their case. Hell I do it, and almost everyone on here does. In the end, two great teams will line up, play the game, and one will be the victor. My bet is that it is CS, and after that, sorry RC, likely Wylie. But for this Saturday, my opinion is that CS wins. Sure wish I could make it to this one.

No problem with that.

By the way, have fun at the Heart of Dallas Bowl against the Mean Green! Brings back awesome memories of the 2014 HOD Bowl.

West Point needs to dream up a cool uniform for that game. Ya'll really do like playing in Texas. Second game this season.....

GMG!

panfan
12-06-2016, 11:19 AM
No problem with that.

By the way, have fun at the Heart of Dallas Bowl against the Mean Green! Brings back awesome memories of the 2014 HOD Bowl.

West Point needs to dream up a cool uniform for that game. Ya'll really do like playing in Texas. Second game this season.....

GMG!

I think it will be the third game in Texas. Army has a chance to redeem itself against UNT. I hope they do come up with something cool for uniforms. I went to UNT, so I can root for both teams.

Who is gonna pony up and keep the downlow updated on the CS Carthage game this Saturday??

itmoney100
12-06-2016, 11:41 AM
http://lonestargridiron.com/2016/12/s2s-2016-class-4a-3a-semifinal-show/

Lone Star sideline to sideline 4A and 3A semifinal podcast. They picked China Spring. Can't wait to Saturday

Rabid Cougar
12-06-2016, 11:54 AM
I think it will be the third game in Texas. Army has a chance to redeem itself against UNT. I hope they do come up with something cool for uniforms. I went to UNT, so I can root for both teams.

Who is gonna pony up and keep the downlow updated on the CS Carthage game this Saturday??

Won't be me..... I have ancient technology. I nominate Bosqueville.

caleb_mccaig
12-06-2016, 11:56 AM

Gladewater
LE
Whitehouse
Gilmer

People said the same crap back when we were in the semis in 2007 in the week up to Cuero. Everyone on this site said we had no chance and that Cuero's speed was going to be too much.

If I remember correctly we kicked their ass by 20+ points or so.

Nothing before a state semi-final game matters. Anything can happen at this point and arguing SOS in high school is beyond pointless.

caleb_mccaig
12-06-2016, 11:57 AM
Won't be me..... I have ancient technology. I nominate Bosqueville.

I can do it if need be. I'll be at the game for once!

cowboyandchrist
12-06-2016, 12:02 PM
The Dawgs have been the under Dawg in three of the four playoff games. The Dawgs welcome the non-believers.
This is a special Dawg team that plays hard and full speed on every play.
If the Dawgs are close in the fourth quarter, you can bet the farm these young men will get it done.
If Davis and Ingram are on ,it will be a Dawg victory.
The Dfense turned it up big time in the second half against Stafford (fastest team we have played) and if they play like that the whole game. I like our chances.
Dawgs by 3.
Let's Go Dawgs !!!!

Bosqueville
12-06-2016, 12:37 PM

I'll do my best... make no promises

Txbroadcaster
12-06-2016, 01:01 PM
http://lonestargridiron.com/2016/12/s2s-2016-class-4a-3a-semifinal-show/

Lone Star sideline to sideline 4A and 3A semifinal podcast. They picked China Spring. Can't wait to Saturday

Was the hardest game for me to pick this weekend

hollywood
12-06-2016, 01:06 PM
After reading the banter and smack about who's team is better than who's, who's SOS is stronger than who's... it takes me back to 2010 and 2012. Brownwood 2010 turned out to be quite a bit stronger than most East Texas die hard's thought. Gave Carthage all they could handle. Same with Stephenville 2012... Kilgore and the rest of East Texas thought no way Stephenville had the speed and size to overcome Kilgore.

China Spring is a very good team. At this point in the season, anyone can win. East Texas has to learn to respect football outside of the deep woods! There's actually some pretty damn good football being played out here... Dawgs! lol

itmoney100
12-06-2016, 01:14 PM
It should be a great game!! I'm pulling for Carthage. Heard you say in the podcast you guys would be attending this game have you seen either team play in person this year?

itmoney100
12-06-2016, 01:16 PM
Was the hardest game for me to pick this weekend

It should be a great game!! I'm pulling for Carthage. Heard you say in the podcast you guys would be attending this game have you seen either team play in person this year?

Txbroadcaster
12-06-2016, 01:24 PM

yes China Spring twice and Carthage once

itmoney100
12-06-2016, 01:33 PM
yes China Spring twice and Carthage once

Okay good deal. Should be a good game between two well-coached teams I hear a lot of good things about China Spring head coach. I'm excited about the game being played indoors weather will not be a factor. The playbooks should be wide open. Best of luck to both teams.

cowboyandchrist
12-06-2016, 03:53 PM
Hollywood you do know that Brownwood was a heavy favorite to beat the Dawgs in 2010.
Stephenville was a heavy favorite over Kilgore. We have not been the favorite in many games except for the state championship games.

Dawgs
12-06-2016, 03:55 PM
After reading the banter and smack about who's team is better than who's, who's SOS is stronger than who's... it takes me back to 2010 and 2012. Brownwood 2010 turned out to be quite a bit stronger than most East Texas die hard's thought. Gave Carthage all they could handle. Same with Stephenville 2012... Kilgore and the rest of East Texas thought no way Stephenville had the speed and size to overcome Kilgore.

China Spring is a very good team. At this point in the season, anyone can win. East Texas has to learn to respect football outside of the deep woods! There's actually some pretty damn good football being played out here... Dawgs! lol
First I have no doubt CS is a VERY good team, and should be considered the favorite in this game. The case I make for the Carthage is just that, a case. Carthage has been the underdog in the last 2 playoff games, and I don't see any reason they shouldn't be in this game. CS has blown thru their schedule, and knocked off the defending state champ on a 29 game win streak. You have to respect that.

Now to your other point Ville 2012 & BW 2010 were both huge favorites. I don't remember anybody questioning them winning it all. Carthage win over BW in 10' had to be considered an upset. People were touting them to be the best team ever in 3a. But what have they done since? Same as Ville 12'. Awesome team. A very special class, that dropped down and bulldozed the competition. But what have they done since? Got there butts kicked the next year, and have pretty much been off the map since.

You brought up ETX, so I will bite. Are there going to be special teams every year that will compete with and beat ETX teams? For sure 100% there will be. But those teams are going to need special classes come thru to do it. With the exception of Argyle and AW. There is no other area in the state at any level that is as consistent as ETX 4a (old 3a) the last 15 years. ETX teams are playing brutal schedules every year beating the crap out of each other. When I look at most of the other teams in the state I see 1 or 2 marquee tough games. With some exceptions of course. There is just not the depth to put together a schedule like ETX teams can in any other place in the state without travelling all over. This year Carthage had Gilmer, Gladewater, LE, Kilgore, Henderson, CH, and Center on their schedule at the beginning of the year. Besides LE not 1 of those schools is more than about an hour drive from my house in Carthage. You just cant put together a schedule like that anywhere else without ridiculous travel or meeting at a neutral site. Now all those teams didn't turn out to be good, but when it was made, my goodness.

Look we can talk all day long about this and we are not going to agree. It is just a difference of opinion. At the end of the day it doesn't have much to do with this game. CS is the favorite, and I am ok with that. If Carthage bows out, it was still a heck of a run.

But I will leave you with this. Out of the last 10 seasons in 4a (old 3a) ETX has 9 of 20 championships. Almost 50% of the state champions have come from a 60 mile radius of each other that happens to be in the piney woods. And out of the 8 teams left this year 2 of them are separated by about 40 miles. #bEastTexas.

caleb_mccaig
12-06-2016, 04:00 PM
Look we can talk all day long about this and we are not going to agree. It is just a difference of opinion. At the end of the day it doesn't have much to do with this game. CS is the favorite, and I am ok with that. If Carthage bows out, it was still a heck of a run.

I don't even know why we even do a favorites for this far in the playoffs. No team is a slouch, aside from there being the 'special' teams that come around every few years.

As a China Spring alum who has been where this team is now, overlooking any team at all in the postseason is sure to lead to your demise. No one should be looked at and thought of as a 'should win'.

Especially when you're playing a team like Carthage who has been here many times as of late.

dk1
12-06-2016, 05:38 PM
You cant blame Carthage fans for being optimistic and pulling for their team. However, I remember reading post last year and wondering how in the world LaVega could even play with Carthage. Well we all know how that went. Saw similiar post last week about how undefeated unscored on Teneha was going to blast Bremond. But again, all talk. I know this is a different Carthage team and I can assure you CS will be prepared. I see lots of predictions with the scores being high. If this game is close I see it being like the CS/Lavega scores. I will go w CS by 14. 31-17

Dawgs
12-06-2016, 07:41 PM
You cant blame Carthage fans for being optimistic and pulling for their team. However, I remember reading post last year and wondering how in the world LaVega could even play with Carthage. Well we all know how that went. Saw similiar post last week about how undefeated unscored on Teneha was going to blast Bremond. But again, all talk. I know this is a different Carthage team and I can assure you CS will be prepared. I see lots of predictions with the scores being high. If this game is close I see it being like the CS/Lavega scores. I will go w CS by 14. 31-17

Carthage did not match up well with LV last year. Our weaknesses were their strengths. Just a bad matchup, plus Ingram goes down and we had no running game. But I honestly don't think it only Carthage fans last year. I think after we beat Sota everybody kinda just penciled Carthage in the state game. But they forgot we were playing a team loaded with D1 talent in the secondary, and we could not run the ball.

I guarantee this won't be anything like that LV game last year. These boys are a year older and more mature. Plus we are a run 1st team, that can still air it out. True pro-style offense.

LHAG
12-06-2016, 08:18 PM

Saw today that Army has throwback uniforms for the Army/Navy game based on Airborne theme. Maybe they will keep the theme for the bowl game.

cowboyandchrist
12-06-2016, 08:23 PM
Last year the Dawgs played La Vega missing 7 starters. I don't believe we would have beaten them, but can bet it would not have been the slaughter like it was.
CS will face the Dawgs at full strength, we have everyone healthy.
Both teams got here by beating everyone that lined up against them and this game will be a slobber knocker.
I don't believe for one minute that either one of these team will win by two touch downs as some on here have predicted.
This game will come down to the final play of the game.
Dawgs by 3 over China Springs.
Let's Go Dawgs !!!!!
Just for fun, take a look at the Bull Dawg side line at the future Dawg O line. You will see two freshmen. 6' 5 280 players that they tell me are the real deal and the next star running back number 32.
The Dawgs will be amazing again next year. Most of our studs are juniors and sophomores, add in the super star freshmen that will be sophomores, we should be a tuff out again.

hollywood
12-06-2016, 08:35 PM
Hollywood you do know that Brownwood was a heavy favorite to beat the Dawgs in 2010.
Stephenville was a heavy favorite over Kilgore. We have not been the favorite in many games except for the state championship games.

By the banter being displayed in both of those years, one would have thought Carthage and Kilgore should have just gotten a bye to the State Championship game. Lol Just ribbing a little cowboy. I highly respect Carthage's football program and the product Surratt and staff are able to produce year after year. Very impressive.

hollywood
12-06-2016, 08:37 PM
First I have no doubt CS is a VERY good team, and should be considered the favorite in this game. The case I make for the Carthage is just that, a case. Carthage has been the underdog in the last 2 playoff games, and I don't see any reason they shouldn't be in this game. CS has blown thru their schedule, and knocked off the defending state champ on a 29 game win streak. You have to respect that.

Now to your other point Ville 2012 & BW 2010 were both huge favorites. I don't remember anybody questioning them winning it all. Carthage win over BW in 10' had to be considered an upset. People were touting them to be the best team ever in 3a. But what have they done since? Same as Ville 12'. Awesome team. A very special class, that dropped down and bulldozed the competition. But what have they done since? Got there butts kicked the next year, and have pretty much been off the map since.

You brought up ETX, so I will bite. Are there going to be special teams every year that will compete with and beat ETX teams? For sure 100% there will be. But those teams are going to need special classes come thru to do it. With the exception of Argyle and AW. There is no other area in the state at any level that is as consistent as ETX 4a (old 3a) the last 15 years. ETX teams are playing brutal schedules every year beating the crap out of each other. When I look at most of the other teams in the state I see 1 or 2 marquee tough games. With some exceptions of course. There is just not the depth to put together a schedule like ETX teams can in any other place in the state without travelling all over. This year Carthage had Gilmer, Gladewater, LE, Kilgore, Henderson, CH, and Center on their schedule at the beginning of the year. Besides LE not 1 of those schools is more than about an hour drive from my house in Carthage. You just cant put together a schedule like that anywhere else without ridiculous travel or meeting at a neutral site. Now all those teams didn't turn out to be good, but when it was made, my goodness.

But I will leave you with this. Out of the last 10 seasons in 4a (old 3a) ETX has 9 of 20 championships. Almost 50% of the state champions have come from a 60 mile radius of each other that happens to be in the piney woods. And out of the 8 teams left this year 2 of them are separated by about 40 miles. #bEastTexas.

A well thought out post Dawgs. I can't argue with that. The talent has always been there. A matter of a good program is all it takes.

itmoney100
12-06-2016, 10:17 PM
I'm so tired of everyone talking about our Lost to Waco La Vega last year! In Carthage's it about the ultimate goal winning a state championship. Doesn't matter if we get knocked out in the first round of the playoffs or in the Championship. Doesn't matter if we lose by 1 point or by 40 points. I remember when Chapel Hill snapped our 32 game winning streak they beat ours butts 49 to 14 it was awful!! We when on to lose two games that's season but guess what we still won a state championship that year! That same year we played Henderson in the regular season and beat them. Henderson when on that same year to also win a state championships and guess who they beat in the state championship game Chapel Hill! Everyone thought Henderson was going to get beat! Last year against Waco La Vega we played awful and had injured players and that can't happen against a great team you will get embarrassed just so happened this bad game happened in the playoffs. Don't judge Carthage off a game from last year! Some folks say Carthage has scraped by in the playoffs. I like to think we have played tougher and more athletic teams than China Spring. We played a tough schedule regular season and playoffs. Its hard to beat Carthage in the playoffs 39-5 in a 10-years span. With that being said I'm picking Carthage to win this game.

Aggie98
12-06-2016, 11:11 PM
I've heard/read a lot about China Spring over the years but never had the opportunity to see them play. Just watched some of their MaxPreps highlights and they were impressive. They kinda remind me of an Argyle team talent/execution wise. That read option looks nasty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

regaleagle
12-07-2016, 12:23 AM
I picked CS to go to the finals this season.....and I haven't changed my mind. I think this team has lots of character and plenty of size and talent.....they've proven it so far all season long. You can play only who you have on your schedule......and they have beat every team on their schedule. La Vega got em early, but CS beat em when it counted most. Baby Blue shows up every so often, and this is one of those years. I like their offense, and I think their defense will prove to be stingy. CS by 8......30-22.

Saggy Aggie
12-07-2016, 12:55 AM
I correctly picked this semifinal matchup in my bracket. I chose CS to win. And then I chose them to win it all next week.....

movethechain
12-07-2016, 02:08 AM
I picked CS to go to the finals this season.....and I haven't changed my mind. I think this team has lots of character and plenty of size and talent.....they've proven it so far all season long. You can play only who you have on your schedule......and they have beat every team on their schedule. La Vega got em early, but CS beat em when it counted most. Baby Blue shows up every so often, and this is one of those years. I like their offense, and I think their defense will prove to be stingy. CS by 8......30-22.

This is almost identical to the thinking here in East Texas, just flip the names from CS and La Vega to Carthage and Henderson. Everybody, and I mean everybody that saw Henderson early this season thought they would be in the Championship Game, no maybes, no doubts. Funny thing happened, Henderson beat Carthage in the regular season, then Henderson got knocked out by Carthage the second go round. My view is this game will be decided by whether the Carthage QB is "on" or not. The first game against Henderson, he was cold as frozen fish and Carthage struggled mightily. We know Carthage has a great running back and receiver with others to back them up, but if their QB is not hot and on his game, it may not matter, so give me Carthage if their QB play is stellar, otherwise, CS has their way with the Dawgs.

oldtownag
12-07-2016, 05:08 AM
We know Carthage has a great running back and receiver with others to back them up, but if their QB is not hot and on his game, it may not matter, so give me Carthage if their QB play is stellar, otherwise, CS has their way with the Dawgs.

Agree

Dawgs
12-07-2016, 07:12 AM
This is almost identical to the thinking here in East Texas, just flip the names from CS and La Vega to Carthage and Henderson. Everybody, and I mean everybody that saw Henderson early this season thought they would be in the Championship Game, no maybes, no doubts. Funny thing happened, Henderson beat Carthage in the regular season, then Henderson got knocked out by Carthage the second go round. My view is this game will be decided by whether the Carthage QB is "on" or not. The first game against Henderson, he was cold as frozen fish and Carthage struggled mightily. We know Carthage has a great running back and receiver with others to back them up, but if their QB is not hot and on his game, it may not matter, so give me Carthage if their QB play is stellar, otherwise, CS has their way with the Dawgs.
+1. We will find out on Saturday. But I agree 100%. If Carthage can be balanced, and most importantly efficient in the passing game I think they will get a W. If not its going to be hard to beat a team as good as CS. I love the comparison of CS to Argyle. What I have seen on CS this year, is almost a mirror image of what Arygle is able to do almost every year. Big, physical, and 4-5 great skill position players. Disciplined and will not make many mistakes.

On another note think about the confidence level of the 4 teams left in D1. CS got over the hump, and beat LV. That is a huge confidence booster. Carthage might be riding higher than any team left. Beating rival Henderson, and Stafford back to back weeks. AW, finally beat Argyle and have to be feeling very good. Kennedale had an awesome comeback, and a dominating 2nd half against Van in the regional final. I think we have 4 very hot teams left standing. Should be a fun next couple of weeks.

db1980
12-07-2016, 09:21 AM

First and foremost, nobody from east Texas underestimated brownwood. A select few from brownwood may have underestimated Carthage that year. Statements like "you have no idea what's coming" blew up in brownwood's face and even put some posters into hiding for a few years. I seem to remember telling y'all a balanced team could handle brownwood.

While CS isn't near the team that 2010 brownwood squad was, they're in the semis for a reason. This also isn't the 2010 Carthage team either. However it's almost the exact coaching squad in tact. Carthage isn't a run first team or pass first team. I've seen them pass in run downs and run on passing downs. The CS coaching staff is prolly pretty good as well, they're in the semis. Where Carthage will get you is in the 4th qtr. You can compare schedules all you want, by way of Mac preps or whomever. I know who all Carthage has played. A lot of the teams they played are perennial SC contenders. Carthage is battle tested, physical and is in great football shape. Rarely will you see a kid laying down getting a cramp stretched out. These boys are well conditioned. That is why they're typically in the playoffs this late in the season. They wore down Henderson. They wore down Stafford. Silsbee was a dog fight to the last second. See where I'm going? If you beat Carthage it will be because you outlasted them late.

Congrats to CS on the season so far. The state semis is a great accomplishment. I wish you lots of luck, but I'm pulling for Carthage and think they win. However, if CS wins I'll root you on to a state championship. Good luck

db1980
12-07-2016, 09:35 AM
By the banter being displayed in both of those years, one would have thought Carthage and Kilgore should have just gotten a bye to the State Championship game. Lol Just ribbing a little cowboy. I highly respect Carthage's football program and the product Surratt and staff are able to produce year after year. Very impressive.

Use the search feature here and find that 2010 brownwood thread. Go back and read it. There was lots of talk about how nobody from east Texas had any idea about what brownwood was bringing.

lostaussie
12-07-2016, 09:58 AM
I didn't say anything when I read that.......but I remember thinking to myself how Brownwood would roll Carthage. I sat with Bobcat1 that night right in amongst the Brownwood faithful. I will never ever forget the stunned looks on their faces when it was over. As just a bystander, I thought it was one heck of a game.

oldtownag
12-07-2016, 11:05 AM
I didn't say anything when I read that.......but I remember thinking to myself how Brownwood would roll Carthage. I sat with Bobcat1 that night right in amongst the Brownwood faithful. I will never ever forget the stunned looks on their faces when it was over. As just a bystander, I thought it was one heck of a game.

Brownwood got "outcoached" by Surratt that night. Everyone was expecting a passing battle and Carthage just manned up and ran it all night long.

Here is the Carthage vs. Brownwood Prediction Thread:

http://bbs.texasdownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?109686-Brownwood-Carthage-on-the-record-score-predictions/page3&highlight=carthage+brownwood

Rabid Cougar
12-07-2016, 11:39 AM
I would be VERY surprised if the game is decided with 2 minutes left in the 4th quarter. Someone is going to be chunking into the end zone as time expires.

Dawgs
12-07-2016, 12:21 PM
I would be VERY surprised if the game is decided with 2 minutes left in the 4th quarter. Someone is going to be chunking into the end zone as time expires.

Man I feel the same way. I seriously think its going to be as you say, somebody throwing a pass in the endzone as time expires. But for some reason I feel like if the game is not like that it will be CS kind of having their way. And by having their way I am talking 12-15 points. I really feel that CS can make some mistake cause their defense is so good. I think Carthage has to play a perfect game.

Dawgs
12-07-2016, 12:27 PM
Brownwood got "outcoached" by Surratt that night. Everyone was expecting a passing battle and Carthage just manned up and ran it all night long.

Here is the Carthage vs. Brownwood Prediction Thread:

http://bbs.texasdownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?109686-Brownwood-Carthage-on-the-record-score-predictions/page3&highlight=carthage+brownwood

I remember after the game against BW, and people saw Hunter Holland run for 300+ and Anthony Morgan have a steller game, people were saying they didn't expect them to be white. I got a kick out of that.

d0tc0m
12-07-2016, 12:40 PM
I remember after the game against BW, and people saw Hunter Holland run for 300+ and Anthony Morgan have a steller game, people were saying they didn't expect them to be white. I got a kick out of that.

Wait. What? Hunter Holland was white?!

waterboy
12-07-2016, 12:45 PM
Hunter Holland..., now there's a name I haven't heard in a while. Whatever happened to him?

Dawgs
12-07-2016, 01:22 PM
Wait. What? Hunter Holland was white?!
Hahahaha

Dawgs
12-07-2016, 01:24 PM
Hunter Holland..., now there's a name I haven't heard in a while. Whatever happened to him?
I honestly don't know. He went to the Air Force Academy if I remember correctly. He was a super smart young man. Whatever he is doing I am sure he is doing it well.

Saggy Aggie
12-07-2016, 02:20 PM

Yeah, I was surprised by that....

oldtownag
12-07-2016, 03:36 PM
http://gph.is/1d8PVdQ

itmoney100
12-08-2016, 09:22 AM
https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=giLMuNqVcyo
Dave Campbell Texas Football High School semi-final predictions. They are picking China Spring. Fast forward to 10:25 in video.

Gsquared
12-08-2016, 10:09 AM
I have a BBQ suggestion for everyone for pregame lunch/dinner. Hutchins BBQ in Frisco, really good brisket and ribs. Think that's where im gonna nosh up @ 1 or so. It wont disappoint.

d0tc0m
12-08-2016, 10:48 AM
I have a BBQ suggestion for everyone for pregame lunch/dinner. Hutchins BBQ in Frisco, really good brisket and ribs. Think that's where im gonna nosh up @ 1 or so. It wont disappoint.

I'll second this suggestion. Lots of good places to eat in Frisco, but if you want some good BBQ, head to Hutchins.

Rabid Cougar
12-08-2016, 11:02 AM

I have been told I am going to the Cheesecake Factory.

d0tc0m
12-08-2016, 11:07 AM

Good luck, RC. Stonebriar is going to be packed with Christmas shopping traffic. At least you don't have to navigate through the mall to get to Cheesecake Factory, but, still ...

Gsquared
12-08-2016, 11:07 AM
Cheesecake Factory isn't bad, though, it is at Stonebriar Mall which will be a mad house Saturday! Ill stuff some left over brisket in my pocket for you

Rabid Cougar
12-08-2016, 11:30 AM
Cheesecake Factory isn't bad, though, it is at Stonebriar Mall which will be a mad house Saturday! Ill stuff some left over brisket in my pocket for you

I must suffer.....wife is going to the game.

Txbroadcaster
12-08-2016, 11:58 AM
I must suffer.....wife is going to the game.

If you go to Stonebriar on a weekend in December you might not make it to the game. Expect a 1 hour wait time at min to be seated.

Rabid Cougar
12-08-2016, 12:48 PM
If you go to Stonebriar on a weekend in December you might not make it to the game. Expect a 1 hour wait time at min to be seated.

Already planned for..... I'm telling you, the things I do because I love her..........

itmoney100
12-08-2016, 06:08 PM
(East Texas sport network) etsn.fm podcast Hear there take on the upcoming game.

http://etsn.fm/etsn-fm-podcast-five-east-texas-teams-one-step-from-state-audio/

bobcat1
12-08-2016, 07:39 PM
That's kind of a chick place. Good eye candy. Be careful about the guys though if you know what I mean.

oldtownag
12-08-2016, 08:32 PM

My top DFW BBQ Stops:

1. Pecan Lodge - Deep Ellum
2. Ten50 BBQ - Richardson
3. Lockhart Smokehouse - Plano, Bishop Arts
4. Meat U Anywhere - Grapevine
5. Slow Bone - Dallas
6. Hutchins BBQ - McKinney, Plano

Honorable Mention: 4T's BBQ & Catering - Forney

itmoney100
12-09-2016, 12:23 AM
https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=K-4OGx4KHs0

Gsquared
12-09-2016, 08:01 AM
My top DFW BBQ Stops:

1. Pecan Lodge - Deep Ellum
2. Ten50 BBQ - Richardson
3. Lockhart Smokehouse - Plano, Bishop Arts
4. Meat U Anywhere - Grapevine
5. Slow Bone - Dallas
6. Hutchins BBQ - McKinney, Plano

Honorable Mention: 4T's BBQ & Catering - Forney

Pecan Lodge is the most legit BBQ in the Metroplex, its the long line that limits my trips there. I found Thursday or Friday early lunch at 11 is best at Pecan Lodge, get there about 10:45 and you don't have to wait very long. I agree with all of the places on your list btw, been to all but Ten50 but heard its pretty good. Also try Cattleack, their brisket is like meat candy.

itmoney100
12-09-2016, 08:16 AM
http://m.kltv.com/kltv/db_330566/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=aNaaelVp

Carthage head coach the Nick Saban of East Texas!!

oldtownag
12-09-2016, 08:49 AM
Pecan Lodge is the most legit BBQ in the Metroplex, its the long line that limits my trips there. I found Thursday or Friday early lunch at 11 is best at Pecan Lodge, get there about 10:45 and you don't have to wait very long. I agree with all of the places on your list btw, been to all but Ten50 but heard its pretty good. Also try Cattleack, their brisket is like meat candy.

Ten50 is like Hard 8 but with good BBQ!

Ill try Cattleack and report back.

P.S. Hard 8 ain't that bad just not in the same class as the others i mentioned.

Gsquared
12-09-2016, 09:17 AM
Ten50 is like Hard 8 but with good BBQ!

Ill try Cattleack and report back.

P.S. Hard 8 ain't that bad just not in the same class as the others i mentioned.
I agree on Hard 8. Let me know how you like Cattleack. When I went they were ONLY open Thursdays and Fridays at lunch.

Matthew328
12-09-2016, 10:41 AM
How Hutchins manages to do quality BBQ while being all you can eat is amazing

Matthew328
12-09-2016, 10:42 AM
https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=giLMuNqVcyo
Dave Campbell Texas Football High School semi-final predictions. They are picking China Spring. Fast forward to 10:25 in video.

Thats Tepper's pick....

Group picks are below

http://www.texasfootball.com/state-semifinals-preview-breaking-every-texas-high-school-football-playoff-game/

itmoney100
12-09-2016, 06:10 PM
http://etsn.fm/carthage-seeks-fifth-title-game-appearance-since-2008/

Carthage vs China Spring etsn.fm

FB-fanatic
12-09-2016, 06:18 PM
Hutchins in Frisco doesn't open until 5:00? That's what they said. So Varsity Parent and I are headed to Lockhart BBQ in Plano early afternoon.

itmoney100
12-09-2016, 11:11 PM
Abilene Wylie punches their ticket to state which team will join them

Rabid Cougar
12-10-2016, 09:37 AM
http://www.wacotrib.com/sports/high_schools/central_texas_football/linebacker-high-china-spring-has-once-in-a-lifetime-group/article_324d2c84-5c79-5ae9-ad14-c0555b38e597.html

Dawgs
12-10-2016, 11:10 AM
Safe travels to everyone going to this game. 2 great teams who have accomplished alot this season. Good luck to both teams. Alot to be proud of from both sides win or lose. We like to talk smack and have fun, but this is about the young men. This is something they will never forget. Very few kids get to experience these kind of moments. This will stay with them the rest of their lives win or lose.

This Carthage team has proven alot of people wrong, including myself. As a fan they have given me great memories too, that I will never forget. No matter what happens this is a special team, and will be remembered for a long time in Carthage.

Aesculus gilmus
12-10-2016, 02:03 PM
I'll be pulling for Carthage, Dawgs.

I think you win this one and then defeat Abilene Wylie next week to bring home the fifth trophy under Surratt.

I think part of Gilmer's problem last night (maybe just MY problem) was already knowing by the second quarter who our opponent would be in Arlington and imagining another afternoon such as those three hours of torture Navasota put us through in 2012. I left there that day kinda wishing we hadn't even made it to state to be embarrassed before a regional television audience.

But I firmly believe the East Texas Dawgs can whip the West Texas Dawgs. I also firmly believe the SE Texas 'Stangs can whip the West Texas 'Stangs, although it may be closer than it would've been had Gilmer made it there to give WOS the rematch they wanted.

Having made my predictions, I should add I HOPE Sweetwater can pull an upset because that would make the Buckeyes look better.

wyliefan
12-10-2016, 02:57 PM
Someone have stats for both of these teams?

Rocket Man
12-10-2016, 04:06 PM
Hey Rabid, how was the cheesecake?

caleb_mccaig
12-10-2016, 04:35 PM
I want to know who the hell approved the 'China Springs' in every graphic.

We're finna roll. That is some bull crap. Kids should be offended after that.

Bosqueville
12-10-2016, 04:58 PM
:iagree:

caleb_mccaig
12-10-2016, 05:07 PM
Carthage has a 3rd and 10 at the CS 21....call timeout. Scared of the noise.

caleb_mccaig
12-10-2016, 05:08 PM
TD Carthage. Scrub play by the CS secondary player.
Carthage up 7-0

caleb_mccaig
12-10-2016, 05:14 PM
CS answers. 7-7. It's too easy. CS RAMS it down Carthage's throat.

caleb_mccaig
12-10-2016, 05:20 PM
China spring makes the first defensive stop. Still 7-7 in the 1Q

caleb_mccaig
12-10-2016, 05:24 PM
Carthage responds with a stop of their own after the worst 'false start' I've ever seen called. Bulldogs take over at their 29.

caleb_mccaig
12-10-2016, 05:25 PM
Carthage fumbles first play. CS recovers.

caleb_mccaig
12-10-2016, 05:27 PM
CS TD pass. Cougs take a 14-7 lead. 4 min left 1Q

caleb_mccaig
12-10-2016, 05:32 PM
Carthage has not stopped booing the refs since play one.

caleb_mccaig
12-10-2016, 05:34 PM
Hell of a catch by a Carthage WR on 4th and 6. That was impressive

caleb_mccaig
12-10-2016, 05:36 PM
Lol another Carthage fumble. CS takes over at their 29.

caleb_mccaig
12-10-2016, 05:37 PM
End of 1Q: CS 14, Carthage 7

bobcat1
12-10-2016, 05:39 PM
Where can I see or listen to the game?

caleb_mccaig
12-10-2016, 05:45 PM
TD Carthage. Solid drive, big 35+ yd pass play to set it up. 14-13 CS after a missed PAT in the 2Q.

caleb_mccaig
12-10-2016, 05:52 PM
Carthage holds on 4th down and take over at their 35 yd line.

Not sure what the hell CS's play calling was there.

regaleagle
12-10-2016, 05:58 PM
Great game on Live Streaming NFHS Network.......Go Cougars!!!

caleb_mccaig
12-10-2016, 06:05 PM
17 secs left in the half. CS at the Carthage 13 yd line w/ a 3rd and 5

caleb_mccaig
12-10-2016, 06:08 PM
CS hits a FG. CS leads 17-13 w/ 5 secs left in the half.

caleb_mccaig
12-10-2016, 06:10 PM
Halftime: CS 17, Carthage 13

Aesculus gilmus
12-10-2016, 06:12 PM
I want to know who the hell approved the 'China Springs' in every graphic.

We're finna roll. That is some bull crap. Kids should be offended after that.

What about the color analyst who alternates between calling Carthage "Carthridge" or "Cartridge"?

I suppose the latter would be understandable whenever they're in the Shotgun.

regaleagle
12-10-2016, 06:12 PM
Good game so far by both teams......I'm sure the 2nd half will be even a little bit more physical, huh?

Rabid Cougar
12-10-2016, 06:16 PM
Hey Rabid, how was the cheesecake?
No problem getting in. Wait was about 30 seconds. About 11 o'clock. Chickens and biscuits. Freaking awesome!

FB-fanatic
CS was laying way off wide outs, but have tightened up. Haigood a little sporadic passing, but killing it on runs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

FB-fanatic
Bulldogs qb throws a nice ball.

oldtownag
12-10-2016, 06:27 PM
CS can't cover #7 Ingram. They gonna have to double him and unload the box.

FB-fanatic
12-10-2016, 06:39 PM
Up 17-13 must be covering him OK.

caleb_mccaig
12-10-2016, 06:46 PM
FG by CS. Cougs lead 20-13 w/ 8:11 left in the 3Q

caleb_mccaig
12-10-2016, 06:46 PM
Btw, our passing game is abysmal.

regaleagle
12-10-2016, 06:47 PM
Good opening drive by CS.....and a good redzone hold to a field goal by Carthage.

regaleagle
12-10-2016, 06:53 PM
Now Carthage holds and forces CS to punt......now a block or two blocks in the back by Carthage on the return.

caleb_mccaig
12-10-2016, 06:54 PM
Lol Carthage losing composure. Weak.

regaleagle
12-10-2016, 06:54 PM
Marked back to the 27 yd line as Carthage starts this series with 4:33 left in the 3rd. Now CS gets a fumble on that backward pass by Carthage.

regaleagle
12-10-2016, 06:55 PM
I'm sure the Wylie fans are licking their chops watching this one......just sayin'.

XX Man
12-10-2016, 06:57 PM
how much time left?

caleb_mccaig
I agree Regal. If you stop Cs's rushing game we are done. Same with limiting Carthage's big plays.

Roughneck93
Big break for Carthage....

regaleagle
Bigtime miss on that field goal attempt by CS.....and a bigtime stop for the Carthage D to keep the score within 7 points.

caleb_mccaig
12-10-2016, 06:58 PM
Big run by Carthage after a missed CS Fg.

CS losing composure now. Carthage threatening.

2:13, 3Q

Roughneck93
12-10-2016, 07:03 PM
Nice play by #81....

regaleagle
12-10-2016, 07:06 PM
Now my streaming signal keeps going in and out.

caleb_mccaig
12-10-2016, 07:07 PM
TD Carthage. I don't think Carthage has failed on 4th down. 3-3 I think.

23-20 w/ 37 secs left 3Q

caleb_mccaig
12-10-2016, 07:08 PM
20-20 my bad.

Dawgs
They are doing a good job on 1 Ingram, but not the other! This is a ballgame folks.

XX Man
It will get nasty now.

regaleagle
12-10-2016, 07:09 PM
Looks like CS has an Achilles Heel in the secondary area.

Dawgs
I'm sure the Wylie fans are licking their chops watching this one......just sayin'.
I doubt that....just sayin'.

caleb_mccaig
It is. Back and forth. So many momentum swings too.

caleb_mccaig
12-10-2016, 07:10 PM
Going to the fourth tied 20-20

regaleagle
12-10-2016, 07:12 PM
Gonna start getting physical now.

caleb_mccaig
12-10-2016, 07:12 PM
Carthage w/ another stop.

CS D is gassed.

regaleagle
12-10-2016, 07:14 PM
I'd unleash that passing attack on CS if I were Carthage.

Dawgs
12-10-2016, 07:15 PM
Carthage has been here all season. I would be very worried if I was CS.

caleb_mccaig
12-10-2016, 07:17 PM
Carthage has done a horrible thing job managing their time outs.

caleb_mccaig
12-10-2016, 07:18 PM
If I'm Carthage I go for the big play here out of the timeout.

Dawgs
12-10-2016, 07:18 PM
Did anybody have any doubt it would be this kind of game. CS LB are some of the best I have seen.

caleb_mccaig
12-10-2016, 07:20 PM
Carthage fails on 4th down. CS ball at their own 42.

Dawgs
12-10-2016, 07:20 PM
Big stop by the CS D.

caleb_mccaig
12-10-2016, 07:21 PM
I know and love our coaches, but I have no idea what our play calling is.

caleb_mccaig
12-10-2016, 07:23 PM
Carthage holds again. CS punt rolls to the Carthage 2-yd line.

caleb_mccaig
12-10-2016, 07:32 PM
Carthage in CS territory w/ 1:51 to go. Carthage RB is down though.

FB-fanatic
12-10-2016, 07:35 PM
Will that force them to throw?

caleb_mccaig
12-10-2016, 07:36 PM
Carthage RB is okay. Good to see.

Will miss this 3rd and 7.

caleb_mccaig
12-10-2016, 07:37 PM
Carthage calls timeout and their RB will come back in. Bulldogs are out of timeouts.

caleb_mccaig
12-10-2016, 07:38 PM
Carthage tries a reverse and the ball carrier is tackled four yards in the backfield. 4th and 10 at the CS 31.

caleb_mccaig
12-10-2016, 07:40 PM
Bulldogs go for it and it's picked. So freaking stupid by the CS safety. Cougs get the ball at the 20. Lost 11-yds.

caleb_mccaig
12-10-2016, 07:44 PM
Going to OT.

20-20.

Dawgs
12-10-2016, 07:44 PM
Overtime!

Roughneck93
12-10-2016, 07:45 PM
Great game....

caleb_mccaig
12-10-2016, 07:45 PM
Carthage wins toss. Will be on defense.

regaleagle
12-10-2016, 07:46 PM
Who's got the advantage here???

caleb_mccaig
12-10-2016, 07:48 PM
4th and 1 for CS

caleb_mccaig
12-10-2016, 07:49 PM
CS going for it

caleb_mccaig
12-10-2016, 07:50 PM
CS fails on 4th down.

Roughneck93
12-10-2016, 07:51 PM
Wow...

caleb_mccaig
12-10-2016, 07:51 PM
Carthage RB fumbles and loses it for the THIRD time this game. CS still alive!

Roughneck93
12-10-2016, 07:52 PM
Unbelievable.

Dawgs
12-10-2016, 07:52 PM
Wow. 5 turnovers. Going to be alot of regrets if Carthage cant pull this one out.

caleb_mccaig
12-10-2016, 07:57 PM
Holy crap Haigood rips a completion out of the receivers hands on 3rd and 10!

4th and 10 for Carthage

caleb_mccaig
12-10-2016, 07:57 PM
FG blocked!!!!!!!

XX Man
12-10-2016, 07:58 PM
I wish yall would be more descriptive. I don't know who plays for who, nor what down, time, yard, etc. Help me out bro!

BwdLion73
12-10-2016, 07:59 PM
crap....this is wearing me out....great game...:clap:

XX Man
Who attempted the FG?

caleb_mccaig
Lol I''m trying to watch the game.

CS just needs to score to win.

caleb_mccaig
12-10-2016, 08:00 PM
FG upcoming for CS. If it's good then CS is going to the state championship.

BwdLion73
12-10-2016, 08:01 PM
XX Carthage missed FG C.S. about to try F.G. for win

Dawgs
12-10-2016, 08:03 PM
Holy hell! Gosh dang cardiac kids. I am about to fall out.

caleb_mccaig
CS misses the FG lol. We are going to triple OT.

BwdLion73
C.S. missed F.G..... going to third O.T.

Roughneck93
Might as well keep going.

caleb_mccaig
12-10-2016, 08:04 PM
CS throws a pick first play. Classic Cougars.

Roughneck93
12-10-2016, 08:05 PM
Great play by the corner....

caleb_mccaig
12-10-2016, 08:06 PM
Carthage runs it to the 3-yd line. 1 and goal.

caleb_mccaig
12-10-2016, 08:07 PM
TD Carthage. Carthage wins 26-20

Hell of a game by both teams.

Roughneck93
12-10-2016, 08:08 PM
What a game.

Congrats Carthage!

Roughneck93
12-10-2016, 08:09 PM
TD Carthage. Carthage wins 26-20

Hell of a game by both teams.
Yes sir, both teams played great.

caleb_mccaig
12-10-2016, 08:10 PM
I am just sitting here astonished that China Spring can't win a game where they won the turnover battle +5. Like jesus christ.

hollywood
12-10-2016, 08:13 PM
What a game! Both teams deserved to move on to next week the way they played. They both earned it. Carthage just was a little more talented as a whole. Turning the ball over 5 times and still squeaking out the win in the 3rd OT. Great season China Spring.

XX Man
12-10-2016, 08:14 PM
Was this sudden death?

Dawgs
12-10-2016, 08:15 PM
I don't know what to say right now. Man I feel bad for the CS kids. Played their hearts out. What a game is all there is to say. Great season China Spring. Alot to be proud of.

Cam
12-10-2016, 08:19 PM
...this was all greendawg's fault!!!......but seriously what a game.....i caught the end of it on the radio....gotta feel bad for china spring kicker.....excitement gave me indigestion....or maybe it's all that food I ate at the hard 8 in Stephenville this afternoon!!...i think I smelled Hollywood nearby

Saggy Aggie
12-10-2016, 08:25 PM
Carthage gonna Carthage....

Old Green
12-10-2016, 08:30 PM
Great Game !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hollywood
12-10-2016, 08:30 PM
I don't know what to say right now. Man I feel bad for the CS kids. Played their hearts out. What a game is all there is to say. Great season China Spring. Alot to be proud of.

Had a 2010 Carthage vs Brownwood feel to it. Brought back some memories there Dawgs. Congrats by the way! Going to be a helluva game next week.

lostaussie
12-10-2016, 08:31 PM
In my shop.......frying fish and drinking lots of cold beer, I listened to every play. That was a great game!!!!

Aesculus gilmus
12-10-2016, 08:37 PM
Was this sudden death?

No. The UIL basically adopted NCAA rules about 20 years ago on this.

UIL adopts overtime for all football games

By JOHN ERFORT
Avalanche-Journal

AUSTIN - Coaches and districts will no longer have authority to choose whether tied football games will be decided with overtime, the UIL announced Friday.

UIL executive director Bill Farney and athletic director Charles Breithaupt announced at a news conference during the boys state basketball tournament that the league has chosen to use overtime in all games - non-district, district and playoffs included.

''We will have overtime in any games that end in a tie,'' Breithaupt said. ''The districts will no longer have the option.''

The league has fully adopted the NCAA football tie-breaker rules, including the latest addition that stipulates teams must try for a two-point conversion after any touchdown scored in a fourth overtime period.

03/08/97 01:04 AM
� 1997 Lubbock Avalanche-Journal. Some material �1997 The Associated Press

Dawgs
12-10-2016, 08:37 PM
Had a 2010 Carthage vs Brownwood feel to it. Brought back some memories there Dawgs. Congrats by the way! Going to be a helluva game next week.
Well it actually had the same feel as 3 other playoff games we have been in this season. This is a different team than we have ever had before. To be able to overcome all the turnovers (Which CS D casued) and mistakes, and still win the gosh dang game. This is just something new and very different. 2010 Carthage vs Brownwood was 2 unbelievably talented teams who put on a display of what execution looks like. That was a very crisp game by 2 polished teams. The years we have won ships we have never played the underdog (even though some outsiders thought so). 2008 - 2013, we were pretty much just better than everybody. Our players were better, and our coaching was better. These Dawgs are pure grit and determination. Surratt will tell you. We have been much better. Bigger better athletes on those other teams. But he says you CANNOT play harder than this team. Now you gotta have some luck on you side too. Carthage was pushed to the brink of elimination in Bi-District. Besides the North Forest team (who I cannot believe won a game), at the end of regulation Carthage has been up 4, 2, 1, and now 0. Just a very crazy season.

bobcat1
12-10-2016, 08:45 PM
In my shop.......frying fish and drinking lots of cold beer, I listened to every play. That was a great game!!!!
Nice!.

Congrats Carthage. Heck of a season China Spring. What a game.

regaleagle
12-10-2016, 09:00 PM
A really tough contest by both teams......they both had chances to win and advance. Ended up like a Survivor episode.....congrats to Carthage on winning and CS for another stellar season.....coming up just short again.

cowboyandchrist
12-10-2016, 09:03 PM
Wow what can I say. Great game by two teams giving everything they had.
The Dawg D did not allow a point in the second half. Over came five turnovers and intercepted a pass in the end zone. I rank this game right up there with 2010 Brownwood.
The storm now moves to Jerry's house. Let's Go Dawgs !!!!
China Spring you are every bit as advertised. Your team showed why they were in the semi finals.
I know you will be back next year. Great players and coaches.

Cam
12-10-2016, 09:05 PM
A really tough contest by both teams......they both had chances to win and advance. Ended up like a Survivor episode.....congrats to Carthage on winning and CS for another stellar season.....coming up just short again.

.......and I like how you're using the "............"......folks are finally catching on!!!

ctown81
12-10-2016, 10:17 PM
Lol Carthage losing composure. Weak.
Clearly wasn't a block in the back.

pirate4state
12-10-2016, 10:18 PM
Totally worth the price of admission!! :clap: Feel for those China Spring kids. Tough game to lose. I really felt they got entirely too conservative. Running right at Carthage's strength over & over gave me a freakin' headache!! Kudos to Carthage they hung in there and battled all night through all those turnovers - gotta love that in a team!!! Congrats on a great win & good luck next week!

Rocket Man
12-10-2016, 10:32 PM
.......and I like how you're using the "............"......folks are finally catching on!!!

Ummmm, you got that from me............quit trying to take credit for it,,,,....everybody knows it originated in Rocket Land by Rocket Man!!

Bosqueville
12-10-2016, 11:08 PM
Wow...what a game. I feel for the seniors and they gave every last bit they had. Can't ask for anything more. Carthage beats my 2010 Bwd Lions and now this. While you're at it Carthage, want to kick my granny down the stairs? Kick butt next week bulldogs.

movethechain
12-11-2016, 02:02 AM
CS fails on 4th down.

From our vantage point on the Carthage side, it sure looked like the ball got to the 15 yard line for a first. Gives me, as a Buckeye fan, flashbacks to the epic battle with Gladewater, where they were short ... or not, depending on who you talk to and where they were seated in the stadium that night. CS had other opportunities, but if that made that first down, it would have at the very least, been a much easier field goal attempt.

ctown81
12-11-2016, 07:17 AM
From our vantage point on the Carthage side, it sure looked like the ball got to the 15 yard line for a first. Gives me, as a Buckeye fan, flashbacks to the epic battle with Gladewater, where they were short ... or not, depending on who you talk to and where they were seated in the stadium that night. CS had other opportunities, but if that made that first down, it would have at the very least, been a much easier field goal attempt.

Where we're u sitting? From my vantage point at the 10 where I was sitting, it wasn't even close.

oldtownag
12-11-2016, 07:38 AM
Where we're u sitting? From my vantage point at the 10 where I was sitting, it wasn't even close.

Come on. Even I think it was at least close.

itmoney100
12-11-2016, 09:44 AM
Carthage 7 6 7 0 0 0 6 — 26
China Spring 14 3 3 0 0 0 0 — 20

First Quarter
CAR–Mekhi Colbert 22 pass from Kason Davis (Brandon Medrano kick), 10:46.
CS–Kody Fulp 2 pass from Cutter Haigood (Griffin Kenneaster kick), 8:32.
CS–Tyrick James 22 pass from Haigood (Kenneaster kick), 3:59.
Second Quarter
CAR–Keaontay Ingram 3 run (kick failed), 9:09.
CS–FG Kenneaster 30, :05.
Third Quarter
CS–FG Kenneaster 30, 8:11.
CAR–Dewaylon Ingram 21 pass from Davis (Medrano kick), :37.
Third Overtime
CAR–Keaontay Ingram 1 run

CAR CS
First Downs 21 14
Total Yards 410 295
Rushes-Yards 36-176 52-227
Passing Yards 234 68
Comp.-Att.-Int. 20-36-1 9-20-1
Punts-Avg. 3-39.0 6-43.0
Fumbles-Lost 6-4 0-0
Penalties-Yards 3-30 5-45

INDIVIDUAL STATISTICS
RUSHING–Carthage, Keaontay Ingram 26-168, Kason Davis 7-5, Brewster Griffith 1-3, Mekhi Colbert 2-0. China Spring, Cutter Haigood 22-134, Keaton Dudik 25-93, Cayden Johnson 4-1, Tyrick James 1-(-1).
PASSING–Carthage, Davis 20-36-1–234. China Spring, Haigood 9-20-1–68.
RECEIVING–Carthage, Colbert 7-79, Dewaylon Ingram 5-93, Dee Bowens 5-59, Keaontay Ingram 3-3. China Spring, James 5-61, Brett Cain 2-9, Kody Fulp 1-2, Dudik 1-(-4).

Read More: Carthage Reaches Title Game With Dramatic Triple OT Win | http://etsn.fm/carthage-downs-china-spring-in-triple-ot-advances-to-state-title-game/?trackback=tsmclip

LionFan72
12-11-2016, 09:54 AM
Wowsers.....it was a doosey!! Feel very bad for the China Spring players and fans, been there done that! But congrats to the Carthage Bulldogs on an another incredible win!

Rabid Cougar
12-11-2016, 09:59 AM
Well after sleeping on it.. what a crappy way to lose a game. I mean if you are going to lose a game you rather have you ass handed to you and say "damn, we just got our as handed to us." . To have the game in your hands so many times.........

Good game Carthage. Hope you do well next week.

oldtownag
12-11-2016, 10:12 AM
Both teams had their chances to win. Carthage defense definitely rose to the occasion in the 2nd half. I agree, that is a crappy way to go out.

Go Dawgs!

Rabid Cougar
12-11-2016, 10:15 AM
Come on. Even I think it was at least close.

Headlinesman had it spotted on the stripe. He was overruled by the linesman who probably had a better view. I was on the 50... so obviously I didn't have a view. I have been in their shoes. You are only trying to get it right. I am sure they did.

Not single holding or DPI and the whole night. They were letting them play. Only one "judgement" call. The late hit out of bounds. I didn't agree with that call.

Rabid Cougar
12-11-2016, 10:17 AM
Both teams had their chances to win. Carthage defense definitely rose to the occasion in the 2nd half. I agree, that is a crappy way to go out.

Go Dawgs!

Correct. Carthage made the decision in the 2nd half to make China beat them by the pass. China didn't respond to that challenge.

Dawgs
12-11-2016, 10:19 AM
Well after sleeping on it.. what a crappy way to lose a game. I mean if you are going to lose a game you rather have you ass handed to you and say "damn, we just got our as handed to us." . To have the game in your hands so many times.........

Good game Carthage. Hope you do well next week.
I agree man. That was a tough way to lose. Whoever lost that game was going to regret it. That was about as equal as 2 teams can get. Ingram had I think 1-2 fumbles all year. He fumbled 3 times in this game. We have not seen a LB core like that in a long time. For them to make a RB of that caliber cough up the ball that many time was remarkable. Great season CS. I know this one stings, but after the sting there will be alot of good memories.

Rabid Cougar
12-11-2016, 10:35 AM
On a happier note..

I did survive my trip to the Mall. No hives or panic attacks!

Cheesecake Factory was really good. We got there as it opened at 11:00... no wait. Highly recommend the chicken and biscuits. Luckily I had not eaten breakfast. I didn't even need my compulsory hot dog at the game nor Whataburger afterwards.

bansheefan03
12-11-2016, 10:56 AM
I hope your not talking bout the hit where the defender took the qb all the way to the Bench and tackles him on top of it which was 10 yds from sideline

oldtownag
12-11-2016, 10:56 AM
Not single holding or DPI and the whole night. They were letting them play. Only one "judgement" call. The late hit out of bounds. I didn't agree with that call.. It happened right in front of me and Carthage bench. I'm pretty sure the CS player just went a little to far when pushing the Carthage QB out of bounds. If they didn't call it Carthage fans would have been equally upset.

Rabid Cougar
12-11-2016, 01:00 PM
I hope your not talking bout the hit where the defender took the qb all the way to the Bench and tackles him on top of it which was 10 yds from sideline

I am. It was a continuation of contact in bounds. Both kids were running full speed. Their momentum carried them until they both fell. Again it was a judgement call.

CS's QB was run out of bounds against LV last week in a similar situation. Went over the bench and into the wall. No flags. Judgment call.

Again, I am not saying anything to take away Carthage's effort in their win. Just my observation's on how the officials worked the game. They did a good job in a very tight, frenetic game with lots on the line. I am glad they let them play. It wasn't decided by the referees just like it is supposed to be. Carthage made the plays when it counted.