PDA

View Full Version : 4A Div I Semi Finals China Spring vs Carthage Saturday Dec 10 4:00pm at The Star!

Pages : 1 [2]

movethechain
12-11-2016, 01:24 PM
Where we're u sitting? From my vantage point at the 10 where I was sitting, it wasn't even close.

That's the point I am making. It all depends on where you are sitting. The Dawg D was awesome in the second half.

44INAROW
12-11-2016, 02:29 PM
Well after sleeping on it.. what a crappy way to lose a game. I mean if you are going to lose a game you rather have you ass handed to you and say "damn, we just got our as handed to us." . To have the game in your hands so many times.........

Good game Carthage. Hope you do well next week.

Sorry about the loss. We were cleaning granddaughter's 10 point buck and I kept refreshing updates from 87. I told him after he said 1st OT. "I'd rather lose by 10 than in OT". Sucks as bad as last second FG at SC game. (Freaking Baylor stadium)
You guys had a great season and no doubt, will be back next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bansheefan03
12-11-2016, 06:10 PM
Was this a senior heavy team for China spring?

cowboyandchrist
12-11-2016, 10:57 PM
This C Dawg team will go down as my favorite of all time. I played for the Dawgs back in the 70's and have watched the Dawgs for over fifty years and I have never seen a Dawg team that plays as hard as these Dawgs play. We are so blessed to have coach Surratt and his staff, not for the state championship they are about to play for, but what they have instilled in these young men. They never quit, they believe they can win no matter what the score.
We Dawgs fans will remember this group of players long after this game is over. What they have learned from this coaching staff will show up in their lives and the communities they serve and will make a big difference for the good of the people they incounter in the future.
They truly believe they can win and we fans truly believe they can win, but know matter the outcome. The 2016 C Dawgs will always be remembered as an amazing football team.
Let's Go Dawgs !!!!
God Bless coaches, players, and fans.

Rabid Cougar
12-12-2016, 10:21 AM
Was this a senior heavy team for China spring?

QB, RB, three OL, one or two WRs - 2 DL, 2 LB's, 2 DBs

caleb_mccaig
12-13-2016, 11:24 AM
Like Rabid said, it was just a continuation of momentum on that un-necessary roughness/late hit call against CS. It's a crappy penalty IMO, but so is a lot of the stuff they call against defenders nowadays IMO. However, literally right when it happened I knew the flag was coming out. If it's the QB especially, you essentially have to just let him run out of bounds and not touch him. I hate the rule, but it was the right call.

Also, on that 4th down stop in OT, I was actually sitting like right on the 10-15 yd line area of the end zone they were going into. He was definitely short. I also don't understand why we run that power package with three in the backfield. It took too long for the play to develop and Carthage's d-line was getting penetration on it the first two times we ran it in the first half. Just a lot of things I second guessed after the game. Regardless, I'm not a coach. I just go to the games and watch them then do a report and live tweet lol. A lot different and I'm sure it worked all throughout the season.

And yeah, that Carthage D, especially the front was insane. Ya'll have some legit kids playing and I left VERY impressed. I'd be shocked if we had more than three first downs in the second half. We could not move the ball whatsoever.

CS kids are going to have some trouble sleeping for the next couple of weeks. Had plenty of chances to win the game and just couldn't make a play when it mattered. Carthage had the balls to go for some 4th and long situations that I thought were insane, but paid off every single time aside from one stop late in the game when the CS safety for some reason picked the ball off in the end zone instead of just slapping down for an incompletion and a turnover on downs.

They'll grow from it though. I've been there and done that and anything that has to do with something like last Saturday will only make you stronger moving forward as person, whether it's in football or in life.