PDA

View Full Version : WYLIE vs KENNEDALE, SEMIFINAL...

slingshot
12-03-2016, 03:10 AM
Might as well get it going! Who wins and why? Should be a great game--don't think these two squads have met before.

jason
12-03-2016, 09:14 AM
when/where?

hollywood
12-03-2016, 09:26 AM
when/where?

Birdville Stadium Friday Dec 9th @ 7:30 is what I've seen.

canno
12-03-2016, 10:52 AM
Wylie's defense looking strong very impressive taking Wylie 28-14

bobcat1
12-03-2016, 12:44 PM
Ima going with Wylie by 2-3 scores.

GetRDoneStangs
12-03-2016, 11:55 PM
Coach Sandifer has Wylie peaking at the right time. I probably wouldn't have said this early in the season, but Wylie marches on.

toddg
12-04-2016, 04:43 AM
Coach Sandifer has Wylie peaking at the right time. I probably wouldn't have said this early in the season, but Wylie marches on.
Same could be said on Kennedale as well.. It will be a closer game than most think..and lower scoring.. It's a lot harder to crash the ends when a TE and FB are around. Kennedale doesn't run a traditional wing-t, and are executing better than they were at the mid season point. The soph QB has become more of a running threat more and more and has progressed every game..and he can spin it when called to do so. To me.. a very interesting match up indeed.

LionFan72
12-04-2016, 06:11 AM
Wylie and Kennedale are deserving of this match-up. Both peaking in the semi finals, think Wylie has the edge. Bulldogs by 14 in a low scoring slugfest. Wylie D comes up big in this one on a cold night!

slingshot
12-04-2016, 11:19 AM
This Kennedale team worries me. The little bit of film I've watched shows a defense with very good speed and outstanding linebacker play that could wreck havoc on our running game. Their offense is run heavy and runs the option very well with very good outside blocking. Could give us (or anyone else) fits.
Conversely, Wylie plays run defense as well as anyone in the state. We have very good outside linebackers and an outstanding safety that will come up and lay the wood. Our D-line is the heart of our team and is anchored by Dion Novil. They will struggle to run up the middle against us. Our offense will have to pass some to loosen up that tough Kennedale defense then try to run it down their throat.
Should be a very hard hitting physical game and will probably come down to the last few possessions. My hope is that we can mix the run and pass and jump out to a good lead. If that happens it's game over... we won't fade like several others have in the second half.
Prediction? Wylie 27--Kennedale 21

wyliefan
12-04-2016, 11:24 AM
Wylie will be the home team for this game. Looking forward to a great semifinal matchup.

slingshot
12-04-2016, 01:32 PM
Just looked it up on Maps... it's 163 miles for us and 21 miles for them. Neutral site?

toddg
12-04-2016, 01:39 PM
This Kennedale team worries me. The little bit of film I've watched shows a defense with very good speed and outstanding linebacker play that could wreck havoc on our running game. Their offense is run heavy and runs the option very well with very good outside blocking. Could give us (or anyone else) fits.
Conversely, Wylie plays run defense as well as anyone in the state. We have very good outside linebackers and an outstanding safety that will come up and lay the wood. Our D-line is the heart of our team and is anchored by Dion Novil. They will struggle to run up the middle against us. Our offense will have to pass some to loosen up that tough Kennedale defense then try to run it down their throat.
Should be a very hard hitting physical game and will probably come down to the last few possessions. My hope is that we can mix the run and pass and jump out to a good lead. If that happens it's game over... we won't fade like several others have in the second half.
Prediction? Wylie 27--Kennedale 21
That is a good early assessment of this game!

toddg
12-04-2016, 01:43 PM
Just looked it up on Maps... it's 163 miles for us and 21 miles for them. Neutral site?
I remember you making the exact same comment 5 years ago, except.. We were 40 miles from Birdville(Richland hills). and your eye roll is spot on.. It is definitely not a neutral site.

BwdLion73
12-04-2016, 01:53 PM
Was there a coaching dispute on location decided by a coin flip?

Birdville is a great football venue but I wonder what the deciding factor was in saying we will travel 8 times further than you.

toddg
12-04-2016, 02:04 PM
Was there a coaching dispute on location decided by a coin flip?

Birdville is a great football venue but I wonder what the deciding factor was in saying we will travel 8 times further than you.i remember with us, we had traveled to brownwood the year before for the game with AW..same kind of deal struck, i assume.

King-Kat
12-04-2016, 04:02 PM
i remember with us, we had traveled to brownwood the year before for the game with AW..same kind of deal struck, i assume.

To my understanding both coaches had a conversation and agreed on this site.

Matthew328
12-04-2016, 10:34 PM
Originally the coaches wanted Wichita Falls but they were 2nd on the list....then they wanted Waco but Baylor and Waco ISD were taken.....Sandifer suggested Birdville and Coach Barrett agreed....(he'd be crazy not to); my guess is Sandifer likes Birdville because his team has had so much success there in the past...not sure where else they could have gone that could be neutral Stephenville maybe?

hollywood
12-04-2016, 10:49 PM
Originally the coaches wanted Wichita Falls but they were 2nd on the list....then they wanted Waco but Baylor and Waco ISD were taken.....Sandifer suggested Birdville and Coach Barrett agreed....(he'd be crazy not to); my guess is Sandifer likes Birdville because his team has had so much success there in the past...not sure where else they could have gone that could be neutral Stephenville maybe?

Stephenville would have been perfect! Oh well

ccmom
12-04-2016, 10:52 PM

I like the Birdville stadium and I don't care where the game was scheduled, I wouldn't miss it, but I remember some not so successful Wylie playoff games there. Gilmer 2007 (what a great game) and Alvarado 2011 (no such a great one...blah). Anyway, Wylie fans will travel well, as usual and I'm sure Kennedale will bring a crowd from down the road. I can't wait to see how these two teams matchup. Go Bulldogs!!

briandumith*
12-04-2016, 11:32 PM
The last time Graham played Wylie in the playoffs was at Birdville 11/28/2014.. Graham won 20- 7.. I do not see a loss happening this season. I think Wylie would win no matter where or who they play.. I think Wylie will win it all, but that's just my opinion....:cheerl:

jason
12-05-2016, 09:21 AM
mineral wells would have been good
tarleton a mess right now with the construction and lack of parking

ccmom
12-05-2016, 11:23 AM
The last time Graham played Wylie in the playoffs was at Birdville 11/28/2014.. Graham won 20- 7.. I do not see a loss happening this season. I think Wylie would win no matter where or who they play.. I think Wylie will win it all, but that's just my opinion....:cheerl:

Yep, I remember that one too but temporarily blocked it out. Haha! Time for some new mojo at Birdville! Looking forward to a great game!

toddg
12-05-2016, 01:46 PM
Kennedale can do their pregame in their indoor facility, hop on the bus, and still be loosened up for the game!

slingshot
12-05-2016, 04:16 PM
Kennedale can do their pregame in their indoor facility, hop on the bus, and still be loosened up for the game!Rub it in... hope they get caught in traffic!

slingshot
12-05-2016, 04:17 PM
Rub it in... hope they get caught in traffic!J/K! Wouldn't wish that on anybody...

toddg
12-05-2016, 04:19 PM
Rub it in... hope they get caught in traffic!they way loop 820s been flowing...that is a definite possibility!!!

lostaussie
12-05-2016, 04:28 PM
Does anyone play playoff games at Justin Northwest? I drive by this stadium all the time and it looks really nice.

slingshot
12-05-2016, 04:44 PM
Does anyone play playoff games at Justin Northwest? I drive by this stadium all the time and it looks really nice.
We played there a few years ago. Nice but kinda without character--just a big concrete stadium. Hard to describe...

briandumith*
12-05-2016, 07:15 PM

Graham played Argyle at Northwestern in 2013 (state-semis).. Was like a home game for them, being 10 minutes from Argyle... We lost BIG... BUT it wasn't the fans fault. Even though we drove an hour and a half further. We out numbered them 3 to 1 in the stands. I know Wylie will fill the seats at Birdville.. No matter the distance a true fan will make the game.

wyliefan
12-05-2016, 08:05 PM
Wylie will be well represented at the game, another factor will be the band they are like our 12th man. Always loud and very into the game, they play while the other team is on offense and are quite during Wylie's series of the offensive side. Look forward to a great game on Friday.

toddg
12-05-2016, 10:24 PM
Wylie will be well represented at the game, another factor will be the band they are like our 12th man. Always loud and very into the game, they play while the other team is on offense and are quite during Wylie's series of the offensive side. Look forward to a great game on Friday.
Got to respect a football savvy band

briandumith*
12-05-2016, 11:06 PM
Oh yes... I here that goal-line tune in my sleep sometimes. baaaaa ba baaaaaaa....baaaaa ba baaaaaaa. Graham has begun to adopt it over the last few years.. What is Grahams name for that tune.. "That Wylie Crap" of course...lol It really does work. Some refs don't put up with it. They will tell the B.D. to knock it off or get a flag.. I say let them play, it is part of the entire experience.

bleedgreen
12-06-2016, 08:54 AM

Some time ago, a referee actually made the Kennedale band stop doing that....said it was unsportsmanlike. Maybe the opposing coach instigated.

bleedgreen
12-06-2016, 09:17 AM
I was standing outside the Ford Center watching the end of the game on the big screen, when a Kennedale defender leveled Garrett Mosley as he released the ball. I was wondering if that was in response to some earlier taunting by receiver #5. Who was the defensive player? I couldn,t tell. Did anyone notice how the Van high octane offense was shut down in the second half? I think the team took it a little personal.

regaleagle
12-07-2016, 12:38 AM
I dunno.....but methinks the Wylie offense is more of coal-powered type, LOL. They burn fairly evenly and hot enough to keep the offense warm most of the game. But you still have to look out for some hot flare-ups at any given time....just sayin'. I don't think there will be any shutdowns on this slowburn even keel kind of offense. I'm not even gonna try to address their defense......good luck trying to score against that. I do respect Kennedale's game also......kinda weirdly similar but not in the same fashion. Good defense and rockem sockem offense. The one dimensional thing may hurt them against a very studly D like Wylie has this season. It hasn't too much so far, but Kennedale hasn't come against a defense like Wylie's yet. W-OS possibly.......but theirs is a different kind than Wylie's. Wylie literally stopped Argyle's very good offense from scoring on several occasions.....4th and 1 twice! I like Wylie to advance in this very powerful game. This will be a power game.

bleedgreen
12-07-2016, 01:26 PM
I have so many questions that probably can't be answered until after the game.

Is Wylie going to be wiley? Do they have a history of taking advantage of unprepared defenses or linebacker blitzes or catching the other team sleeping during a monotonous offense? Can the kicker put the ball in the end zone? What's the farthest field goal? How many times has the QB starter been sacked in the playoffs? Do they have a lot of penalties especially holding? Kennedale's running back Jaden Knowles (1395 yards) didn't play most of the Midlothian game and none of the Van game because of injury. He will add another element to the very talented backfield if he is healthy enough to start.

I hope Coach Barrett brings out the pass at the right time when Wylie's defense has blinders on. I can never figure out when Kennedale is going to pass but when they do, it is usually a high probality to a safe, open receiver. Nobody likes turnovers or drive-killing penalties during the playoffs. I predict that will be the key to winning along with the ball bouncing the "right" way.

slingshot
12-07-2016, 07:42 PM
I have so many questions that probably can't be answered until after the game.

Is Wylie going to be wiley? Do they have a history of taking advantage of unprepared defenses or linebacker blitzes or catching the other team sleeping during a monotonous offense? Can the kicker put the ball in the end zone? What's the farthest field goal? How many times has the QB starter been sacked in the playoffs? Do they have a lot of penalties especially holding? Kennedale's running back Jaden Knowles (1395 yards) didn't play most of the Midlothian game and none of the Van game because of injury. He will add another element to the very talented backfield if he is healthy enough to start.

I hope Coach Barrett brings out the pass at the right time when Wylie's defense has blinders on. I can never figure out when Kennedale is going to pass but when they do, it is usually a high probality to a safe, open receiver. Nobody likes turnovers or drive-killing penalties during the playoffs. I predict that will be the key to winning along with the ball bouncing the "right" way.I'll give it a shot...
Wylie will definitely be 'Wiley'
We will take advantage of unprepared defenses every chance we get with screen passes, pitch option plays, read option plays, play action... you name it--our offense uses multiple sets, lot's of different personel, etc
the kicker can put it in the endzone but we also do a lot of squib kicks and pooches
not sure of longest field goal but I would guess accurate on anything inside the 20 yd line, has the leg to go further
he doesn't miss extra points
not sure how many QB sacks we've given up but Smith is dangerous on broken plays and designed QB runs--is deceptively fast and elusive
We are usually very disciplined and don't commit many penalties
Wylie's defense is very disciplined and everyone knows their responsibilites
#89 Dion Novil at NG or DT is a beast--no one has been able to single block him all year
#61 'Big' Kade Parmelly (6'5" 280 lbs) is our roadgrader--has surprising quickness and agility for a big guy, an outside LB or CB's worst nightmare when he blocks downfield
We can pass way better than most folks think... just usually don't have to
Watch #30 Guerrero (OLB)--very good LB with good size (6'3" 215 lbs) and quickness and great nose for the football
your RB's and WR's need to keep their head on a swivel--S #11 Hanna will light them up if given the chance--not dirty, just ferocious

wyliefan
12-07-2016, 10:39 PM
I think the kicker has a long of 41 or 42. I don't remember more than a sack or two during the playoffs if any. Like slingshot said, the QB can turn a negative play into a big gain with his quickness, even taken a few in from over 50 when he should have been sacked for a loss.
Several O lineman are athletic not just Parm. Wylie does/can pull their lineman on running plays and are good at getting out front on screens. The O can run a "pro" style for a few series and then switch to a hurry up no huddle then goto a ground and pound clock eating drive. They run multiple sets with multiple personnel.

Should be a fun game.

briandumith*
12-08-2016, 12:04 AM
I'll give it a shot...
Wylie will definitely be 'Wiley'
We will take advantage of unprepared defenses every chance we get with screen passes, pitch option plays, read option plays, play action... you name it--our offense uses multiple sets, lot's of different personel, etc
the kicker can put it in the endzone but we also do a lot of squib kicks and pooches
not sure of longest field goal but I would guess accurate on anything inside the 20 yd line, has the leg to go further
he doesn't miss extra points
not sure how many QB sacks we've given up but Smith is dangerous on broken plays and designed QB runs--is deceptively fast and elusive
We are usually very disciplined and don't commit many penalties
Wylie's defense is very disciplined and everyone knows their responsibilites
#89 Dion Novil at NG or DT is a beast--no one has been able to single block him all year
#61 'Big' Kade Parmelly (6'5" 280 lbs) is our roadgrader--has surprising quickness and agility for a big guy, an outside LB or CB's worst nightmare when he blocks downfield
We can pass way better than most folks think... just usually don't have to
Watch #30 Guerrero (OLB)--very good LB with good size (6'3" 215 lbs) and quickness and great nose for the football
your RB's and WR's need to keep their head on a swivel--S #11 Hanna will light them up if given the chance--not dirty, just ferocious

Big ups Sling.. I love the creative use of bullet points..

Gsquared
12-08-2016, 07:57 AM
Im ready to see this one AND its like two or three exits from my house theres that too!

lostaussie
12-08-2016, 08:03 AM
Im ready to see this one AND its like two or three exits from my house theres that too!

You can just jump in your Little Tikes car and push yourself right on down:D

Gsquared
12-08-2016, 08:16 AM
You can just jump in your Little Tikes car and push yourself right on down:D

Well, I might be quite a few beers in to my night by the time its time to leave for the stadium. Perhaps I could get a ride from a Dawg or Cat fan :)

Rabid Cougar
12-08-2016, 03:03 PM
Some time ago, a referee actually made the Kennedale band stop doing that....said it was unsportsmanlike. Maybe the opposing coach instigated.

UIL rule is the same as NCAA rule.... you cannot be playing music when the center is over the ball. No referee will instigate enforcement of the rule. However, if an opponent coach ask the referee to enforce it, he has no there recourse. Referee will go to the offending band's coach and ask them to stop. If they don't they risk and unsportsmanlike foul.

We have one 2A football coach that is on it like a tic. Referees hate him because of it. He actually got into it with an opposing school's band director about it. Opponent band parents, specially at home fields go nuts. Most Home teams coaches ignore him. I've actually heard one tell him this is his home field "his band can do what ever the hell they fell like doing."

mburleson
12-08-2016, 04:52 PM
http://www.ktxs.com/sports/wylie-band-brings-the-noise-in-bulldogs-big-win-over-snyder/130971860

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

83Indian
12-08-2016, 10:19 PM
The one dimensional offense of Kennedale will have its hands full against the Wylie defense. Until you can compliment the run with the pass this is far as you go. Kennedale defense needs to play the best game of the year to keep this close. I think Wylie is the real deal and has a shot to win it all.

Wylie 31
Kennedale 13

mwrams
12-09-2016, 05:59 AM
To beat Kennedale is to stop the mis direction end around runs. They can pass but its rare and they drop a lot of balls. Lots of speed. Mineral Wells put up 28 against them. Wylie is now on cruise control. But it appears Kennedale has risen too with that performance against a high powered Van team. Predict Wylie 34 Kennedale 26.

bleedgreen
12-09-2016, 12:45 PM
Thank you Corbett Smith, SportsDayHS host, for being the only writer to choose Kennedale out of 8 picks. I hope you see something nobody else can see.

regaleagle
12-09-2016, 08:20 PM
Wylie/Kennedale pregame show going on now.

regaleagle
12-09-2016, 08:21 PM
Don't know if this game is being streamed live.......if you know please give us a link.

regaleagle
12-09-2016, 08:32 PM
Looks like Kennedale won the toss and deferred. Wylie will take the ball to start this State Semifinal at Birdville Stadium. National Anthem playing now.

regaleagle
12-09-2016, 08:39 PM
Kennedale on Wylie 36 yd line after Wylie punted from deep in its own end. First down on that run for Kennedale at the Wylie 34 now.

regaleagle
12-09-2016, 08:40 PM
Novil penetrates and throws Curvin for a loss on first down. 2nd and 11.

regaleagle
12-09-2016, 08:40 PM
Pick up of 7 on that run. 3rd and 4 now for Kennedale.

regaleagle
12-09-2016, 08:41 PM
Stopped short......4th and 2 now at the 26 yd line. Kennedale will go for it.

regaleagle
12-09-2016, 08:41 PM
Quick snap and pitch to the right side for a first down.

regaleagle
12-09-2016, 08:42 PM
At the Wylie 23 now......timeout on the field.

regaleagle
12-09-2016, 08:43 PM
Kennedale called the timeout.

regaleagle
12-09-2016, 08:44 PM
1st and 10 from the 23.....qb keeper by Jowers for a TD. The kick is NO GOOD.

Kennedale 6
Wylie 0

7:22 1st

regaleagle
12-09-2016, 08:46 PM
Horn is hammered on the kickoff return. Pepper for 5 yds on first down.

regaleagle
12-09-2016, 08:47 PM
Offsides on Kennedale.......2nd and a foot.

regaleagle
12-09-2016, 08:49 PM
Smith on the keeper for a Wylie first down. Now Smith loses 5 yds on the next play. 2nd and 15 now.

regaleagle
12-09-2016, 08:49 PM
3rd and 17 after another 2 yd loss on that sideline pass.

regaleagle
12-09-2016, 08:50 PM
Screen pass to Pepper for only a yard. Wylie forced to punt again from its own end.

regaleagle
12-09-2016, 08:50 PM
Downed at midfield......2nd series Wylie punted from deep in its own end.

83Indian
12-09-2016, 08:53 PM
Kennedale came to play. Winn No the field position game early

regaleagle
12-09-2016, 08:56 PM
Wylie gains 17 on a pass now into the Kennedale territory at the 43.

regaleagle
Now Pepper on the carry down to the Kennedale 24 yd line.

regaleagle
Two consecutive 17 yd plays.

regaleagle
12-09-2016, 09:00 PM
Facemask on Kennedale on that tackle......this will move to the 11 of Kennedale.....even though the penalty occurred at the 35 where Smith was dropped back for the pass. Marking it at the 14 not the 11. Must be a spot foul at the 29 yd line minus 15 yds.

regaleagle
12-09-2016, 09:01 PM
1st and 10 at the Kennedale 14 yd line.

regaleagle
12-09-2016, 09:01 PM
Incomplete pass in the right flat to Grant. 2nd and 10.

regaleagle
12-09-2016, 09:02 PM
Offsides on Kennedale......trying to get into the backfield too quick. 2nd and 5 now at the Kennedale 9.

regaleagle
12-09-2016, 09:03 PM
Grant on the short side down to the 5 yd line. Up the middle by Pepper for a first down. End of 1st.

regaleagle
12-09-2016, 09:04 PM
1st and goal from the 1 yd line to start the 2nd qtr. for Wylie.

regaleagle
12-09-2016, 09:05 PM
Smith short on the keeper up the middle.

regaleagle
12-09-2016, 09:07 PM
Ortiz goes in for a Wylie Bulldog TD. Kennedale player down in the endzone. Waiting for the extra point.

regaleagle
12-09-2016, 09:11 PM
Wylie 7
Kennedale 6

Now Wylie will kick off to Kennedale just into the 2nd qtr.

regaleagle
12-09-2016, 09:11 PM
Curvin to the Kennedale 31 yd line on first down for 6 yds.

regaleagle
12-09-2016, 09:21 PM
Wylie driving now at about midfield but it is 4th and 8 yds. Roughing the kicker on Kennedale......he was all over Smith but just did not block the ball. Running into the kicker.

regaleagle
12-09-2016, 09:23 PM
That's only a 5 yd penalty......4th and 3 now. Wylie goes for it and gets a first down.

regaleagle
12-09-2016, 09:25 PM
Now Wylie 3rd and 9 at the Kennedale 27. Pepper cuts it inside on the pitch gets 2 yds. 4th and 7 from the 25 yd line.

regaleagle
12-09-2016, 09:26 PM
Wylie going for it......pass into the endzone is too deep incomplete by Smith. The ball goes over on downs back to Kennedale.

regaleagle
12-09-2016, 09:28 PM
3rd and 13 for Kennedale now at the 22 yd line. Wylie gets a 3 and out on this series. Kennedale will be forced to punt. 4th and 6.

regaleagle
12-09-2016, 09:30 PM
Punter fakes the punt and Dion Novil tackles him at the Kennedale 28......look out now.

regaleagle
12-09-2016, 09:31 PM
Pepper takes it 9 yds on first down to the Kennedale 19. 2nd and one.

regaleagle
12-09-2016, 09:32 PM
Incomplete in the endzone almost intercepted by Brooks of Kennedale......they have a pretty salty defense. Now Pepper to the 15 for a Wylie first down.

83Indian
12-09-2016, 09:33 PM
Kennedale making unnecessary penalties and mistakes.

regaleagle
12-09-2016, 09:33 PM
Zach Smith scores on a keeper of 15 yds for Wylie TD. The kick is good.

Wylie 14
Kennedale 13

late 2nd qtr.

83Indian
12-09-2016, 09:36 PM
Kennedale blowing it. Should be up 13 to 0

regaleagle
12-09-2016, 09:39 PM
Halftime Now

Wylie 14
Kennedale 13

83Indian
12-09-2016, 09:41 PM
Penalties, blown fake punt that was wide open, then just a dumb fake point inside own 25. Kennedale may have just lost your shot for the upset. Your not done yet, but giving teams free scoring opportunities doesn't help

regaleagle
12-09-2016, 09:51 PM
Yeah.....that was really stupid......from their own 28 on 4th and 6.

regaleagle
12-09-2016, 10:00 PM
Kennedale will receive the 2nd half kickoff.

regaleagle
12-09-2016, 10:09 PM
Kennedale returns it to their own 24. Pitch to the right side.....false start against Kennedale

regaleagle
12-09-2016, 10:10 PM
Inside handoff to Nowles gain of 6 on the play. 2nd and 9.

regaleagle
12-09-2016, 10:12 PM
Jowers around the right end for very little.....he faked to Nowles up the middle. Handoff left side to Curvin stopped short. Will be punting. Bobbled snap to the punter. Wylie gets great field position.

83Indian
12-09-2016, 10:13 PM
Implosion in progress

regaleagle
12-09-2016, 10:13 PM
Wylie now will take over at the Kennedale 32 yd line. 1st and 10....Pepper gains 3 yds to the 29 yd line on that throw.

regaleagle
12-09-2016, 10:14 PM
2nd and 7 now for Wylie.....Pepper on the right side with an offsides by the Kennedale defense on a long snapcount.

regaleagle
12-09-2016, 10:15 PM
2nd and 2 now for Wylie.

regaleagle
12-09-2016, 10:15 PM
First down to the 23 yd line.

regaleagle
12-09-2016, 10:17 PM
TD run by Wylie. Kick is good.

Wylie 21
Kennedale 13

8:28 3rd

regaleagle
12-09-2016, 10:18 PM
squib kick to Kennedale.

83Indian
12-09-2016, 10:18 PM
Cats need to respond or this may get out of hand

regaleagle
12-09-2016, 10:19 PM
2nd and 7 from the Kennedale 27. 3rd and one now.

regaleagle
12-09-2016, 10:19 PM
First down on that run for Kennedale

regaleagle
12-09-2016, 10:21 PM
Kennedale at midfield. Curvin at the 43 of Wylie.

regaleagle
12-09-2016, 10:22 PM
3rd down for Kennedale now. Kennedale qb is injured on the play.

regaleagle
12-09-2016, 10:26 PM
4th and 7 at midfield for Kennedale

regaleagle
12-09-2016, 10:27 PM
Punted to Wylie. 2nd 10 at the Wylie 7 goes incomplete on that slant pass.

83Indian
12-09-2016, 10:27 PM
Wow, look what happens when you execute a punt

regaleagle
12-09-2016, 10:29 PM
Loss back to the Wylie 3 yd line. Will be punting from inside the endzone. Punt goes to Wylie 30 yd line for great field position

regaleagle
12-09-2016, 10:37 PM
Back and forth mistakes......now Kennedale at the Wylie 45 after the punt by Wylie.

regaleagle
12-09-2016, 10:41 PM
Kennedale 2nd and 7 at the Wylie 36. Now 3rd and one after that run.

regaleagle
12-09-2016, 10:42 PM
First down to the Wylie 18 yd line.

regaleagle
12-09-2016, 10:44 PM
Fumble as Braden Ward gets on it for Wylie.....bigtime turnover for Wylie deep to stop the Kennedale drive.

regaleagle
12-09-2016, 10:45 PM
Now a big run of 23 yds to the Kennedale 43 yd line for Wylie on first down.

regaleagle
12-09-2016, 10:55 PM
Timeout Kennedale with 1:13 left.

regaleagle
12-09-2016, 10:58 PM
Wylie intercepts it!!!

regaleagle
12-09-2016, 10:59 PM
Wylie can kill the clock now and will go to the Class 4A State Championship game.

83Indian
12-09-2016, 11:00 PM
Great year Kennedale. I think a smarter coached game and more disciplined game plan you woujd have been right in this one.

Congrats Wylie. Bring the State title back to Region 1

regaleagle
12-09-2016, 11:00 PM
Wylie in victory formation forces Kennedale to take their last time out.

regaleagle
12-09-2016, 11:02 PM
3rd and 13 for Wylie with a little over a minute left.

regaleagle
12-09-2016, 11:05 PM
Wylie punts it. Kennedale has 13 secs. left. Ball right at midfield. Pass is up and intercepted by Wylie to end the game.

Wylie 21
Kennedale 13

Final

briandumith*
12-09-2016, 11:07 PM
WTG Wylie! Both Region 1 teams in 4A with the win tonight. Awesomness! Way to represent.

Bosqueville
12-09-2016, 11:18 PM
Way to go Wylie! I hope we see you next week!

regaleagle
12-10-2016, 12:12 AM
Not sure if the Kennedale punter took off on that 4th down play on his own accord.....or if it was a called fake punt. Either way.....it was a game-changing play. 4th and 6 from your own 29 with several minutes left in the half. Wylie took full advantage and the score was 14-13 at the half. I don't think either team played their best football on this night......but Wylie did make less mistakes and advanced.

I think Kennedale surprised Wylie's offense with a very good defense.

wyliefan
12-10-2016, 03:08 AM
Wylie didn't seem to have their "A" game this evening on the offensive side, just seemed like the the team lacked energy or something. We missed several passes and the line play was ok (Kennedale had a lot to do with that). The defense was great, had a few good plays against them, but overall a great game. Wylie took advantage of the opportunities that were given to them and in the end that was the difference in the game. Congratulations for on a Great sesason to Kennedale.

LionFan72
12-10-2016, 08:48 AM
Congrats to the Wylie Bullpups on the win and representing West Texas. No one has even mentioned the crowd, how was it? I would say the cold probably had a lot of influence on both teams last night!

toddg
12-10-2016, 09:54 AM
Good win Wylie!! You ready for State Doc?!!!!

wyliefan
12-10-2016, 10:53 AM
Crowd was great on the Wylie side, largest of the year for playoffs. Best guess 3,000 (includes band). Kennedale had a good turnout 1,500 or so.

canno
12-10-2016, 11:55 AM
Congrats Bulldogs believe you will win it all

slingshot
12-10-2016, 12:43 PM
Good win Wylie!! You ready for State Doc?!!!!
Oh Yeah...