PDA

View Full Version : West Orange-Stark (14-0) vs Navarro (14-0) 12/9 NRG Stadium 7:30pm Houston

Pages : [1] 2

WOS87
12-02-2016, 11:15 PM
Here we go.... State Semifinals. WO-S making their 3rd appearance in a row and 8th overall. Navarro getting the Cuero monkey off their back and making their first appearance ever.

bobcat1
12-02-2016, 11:17 PM
WOS by 35

Saggy Aggie
12-02-2016, 11:21 PM
WOS by 21+

Tejastrue
12-02-2016, 11:26 PM
Damn..let the Panther fans get home and settled... lol

TarponFanInNorthTexas
12-02-2016, 11:44 PM
Oh snap! At NRG Stadium! I'm THERE!!!!

Of course I'll be supporting the Region IV champs. Go Panthers!

10ForTheWin
12-02-2016, 11:54 PM
Panthers give WOS the greatest test to date, but that should be expected, I think it'll be a defensive game!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saggy Aggie
12-03-2016, 12:03 AM
Panthers give WOS the greatest test to date, but that should be expected, I think it'll be a defensive game!

WOS will score a lot

SintonFan_inAustin
12-03-2016, 12:57 AM
Oh snap! At NRG Stadium! I'm THERE!!!!

Of course I'll be supporting the Region IV champs. Go Panthers! +1 :)

WOS87
12-03-2016, 01:02 AM
Please sit on their side with Gsquared :). Grats to Calallen for their how many-ith Semi appearance?

TarponFanInNorthTexas
12-03-2016, 01:14 AM
Please sit on their side with Gsquared :). Grats to Calallen for their how many-ith Semi appearance?

You know what? I WILL!!!

A few years ago, I sat on the WOS side when they got beat by Navasota in Round 3. 2012 I believe.

WOS87
12-03-2016, 06:44 AM
http://www.orangeleader.com/2016/12/03/stangs-trample-buffaloes/

LHPfactory
12-03-2016, 08:30 AM
Navarro can win this game but they will need to be patient and trust taking ground about 4 yards at a time, over and over and over and over. This will require their line and backs to play with extreme grit and determination.
If they stay relentlessly patient and make a few stops, they win. The speed of WOS will keep the big plays in check. Should be a good game.

PurplePop
12-03-2016, 09:58 AM
http://www.orangeleader.com/2016/12/03/stangs-trample-buffaloes/

I wondered how Giddings got their safety. I figured it had to be something quirky like that.

WOS1
12-03-2016, 10:11 AM
Navarro can win this game but they will need to be patient and trust taking ground about 4 yards at a time, over and over and over and over. This will require their line and backs to play with extreme grit and determination.
If they stay relentlessly patient and make a few stops, they win. The speed of WOS will keep the big plays in check. Should be a good game.

This would be a good game plan. What will work against them is the fact that weve seen this offense in 10 out of 14 games this year which includes some pretty dang good teams like Kennedale. But, i agree with you, they would ha e to play perfect and score on every possession. If we get a couple of stops early and get them down by 2 or 3 scores theyll be in trouble.

10ForTheWin
12-03-2016, 04:06 PM
I think what makes us a threat also is that many of our players are much faster in the open field than they look. Some of the big plays Cuero broke should have gone for TDs but we were able to run them down, which TBH surprised me lol

SaltySixes
12-03-2016, 04:42 PM
I think what makes us a threat also is that many of our players are much faster in the open field than they look. Some of the big plays Cuero broke should have gone for TDs but we were able to run them down, which TBH surprised me lol

Hmmm thats an interesting comment. You said it was due to an 'angle' last night lol

WOS92
12-03-2016, 04:58 PM

Ditto. WOS will, at worst, match your speed and quickness. Navarro might win this one, but I can promise you that they have not been hit like they are about to be hit. Go Stangs!

10ForTheWin
12-03-2016, 05:33 PM
Ditto. WOS will, at worst, match your speed and quickness. Navarro might win this one, but I can promise you that they have not been hit like they are about to be hit. Go Stangs!

Oh lord now you're sounding like a D15 poster lol! Navarro is very physical I think Cuero can vouch for us in that aspect!

10ForTheWin
12-03-2016, 05:33 PM
Hmmm thats an interesting comment. You said it was due to an 'angle' last night lol

I just like grinding your gears lol

SaltySixes
12-03-2016, 05:42 PM
I just like grinding your gears lol

:doh: im aware lol

Tejastrue
12-03-2016, 05:53 PM

It's all smoke and mirrors and then a cloud of dust..right?

pirate4state
12-04-2016, 12:58 AM

:D :wave: :D

toddg
12-04-2016, 04:31 AM
How many posters on here have kids in this game?

WOS1
12-04-2016, 09:32 AM
How many posters on here have kids in this game?
Im just curious, why do you ask that? Are you seeing some unrealistic comments, by chance?

wos_sports
12-04-2016, 10:02 AM
Everyone we have played thinks they have the speed to keep up. yes, you may have one or two guys that are fast but the overall team speed of WOS is the element that can not be matched or beat. IMO this defense is so disciplined and quick that no slot t team can beat them. They have defending it too many times. Too be honest I think the backs give too many clues as to what is coming so i do not think they are sneaky or smooth enough to trick this defense.

48-7 WOS

ogg
12-04-2016, 11:52 AM
I have to go with the Panthers in this game ....they have the power and talent to win.

PurplePop
12-04-2016, 11:53 AM
Everyone we have played thinks they have the speed to keep up. yes, you may have one or two guys that are fast but the overall team speed of WOS is the element that can not be matched or beat. IMO this defense is so disciplined and quick that no slot t team can beat them. They have defending it too many times. Too be honest I think the backs give too many clues as to what is coming so i do not think they are sneaky or smooth enough to trick this defense.

48-7 WOS

Just curious. What would your Cuero-WOS prediction have been?

LHPfactory
12-04-2016, 12:13 PM
It's all smoke and mirrors and then a cloud of dust..right?

You know the Slot-T well Tejastrue, for years it was LH, then we grew, but GN took our place tormenting Wimberley and Llano with this great offense.....lol

wos_sports
12-04-2016, 12:29 PM
Not much different
48-14 or 42-7
I have seen more film on Navarro so that's why i can't give a single prediction

PurplePop
12-04-2016, 01:15 PM
Not much different
48-14 or 42-7
I have seen more film on Navarro so that's why i can't give a single prediction

Thanks for the response and fair enough. You won't get any less of a game from us than you would have gotten from Cuero. I can guarantee you that. I think we will score 20+. Our boys are incredibly fired up to play the best 4A team in the state at NRG.

toddg
12-04-2016, 01:34 PM
Im just curious, why do you ask that? Are you seeing some unrealistic comments, by chance?
I wouldnt say unrealistic..just perspective, is what I'm looking for. As an alum, and a parent of players, I watch practice, I talk to my sons, I have watched atleast 1 full opponents game film by now..highlights are ok, but, until you see play in sequence, and being able to focus on an aspect, it's different. Football mamas are unrealistic, but, a calm, football intelligent dad..will usually be realistic to a fault.. These are still 15-18 year old kids playing this game along with their insecurities, mental maturity, and physical breakdowns from playing 13 games.

rb585
12-04-2016, 01:43 PM
The last time WOS faced a team from this district, they got 50+ hung on them.

Navarro wins big.

Saggy Aggie
12-04-2016, 01:50 PM

Navarro wins big.

Lol....

If WOS wins by less than 28 I'll be shocked

10ForTheWin
12-04-2016, 02:39 PM

48-7 WOS

48-7!? I'll have some of what you're smoking please

10ForTheWin
12-04-2016, 02:42 PM
Maybe Cuero will have some left over crow for all y'all WOS faithful lol

WOS1
12-04-2016, 04:05 PM

Careful with the "all yall" statements. We have faced off with the R4 winner 7 times in our history and ive been there for all of them. We only lost 1 of those, but none were blowouts and all were tough games. No way would i predict a blow out. Now, some statements ive seen from some Navarro fans that i really want to "lol" at is them saying we may not have the speed to hang with them. Again, i would not predict a blowout but you will not be the faster team.

wos_sports
12-04-2016, 04:06 PM
48-7!? I'll have some of what you're smoking please

well what is your prediction? we will see who is closer

Tejastrue
12-04-2016, 05:12 PM
You know the Slot-T well Tejastrue, for years it was LH, then we grew, but GN took our place tormenting Wimberley and Llano with this great offense.....lol

I must agree..."tormenting" is the perfect descriptive word.

44INAROW
12-04-2016, 06:12 PM

Wow, thanks a lot. Like WOS said, careful with the broad strokes. Some of us are ... never mind. Deaf ears.

SaltySixes
12-04-2016, 06:15 PM
Wow, thanks a lot. Like WOS said, careful with the broad strokes. Some of us are ... never mind. Deaf ears.

Wasnt that last comment a "broad stroke?"... we dont all groups team's fans into one sum...

44INAROW
12-04-2016, 06:19 PM
Wasnt that last comment a "broad stroke?"... we dont all groups team's fans into one sum...

"Maybe Cuero" pretty broad stroke. My "some of us" was going to finish with....didn't trash anyone so why should all of us eat crow. Shouldn't have commented, like I said. Deaf ears.

toddg
12-04-2016, 06:21 PM

Navarro wins big.thats writing a hot check!

bag-o-chips
12-04-2016, 06:36 PM
This group of Corn Fed boys will just be Happy if our poor old yellow dogs can make the trip to Houston. May have to pack some duct tape and baling wire as well. Guess we will make it maybe!:wave:

SaltySixes
12-04-2016, 06:36 PM
"Maybe Cuero" pretty broad stroke. My "some of us" was going to finish with....didn't trash anyone so why should all of us eat crow. Shouldn't have commented, like I said. Deaf ears.

I never made that statement!... But true! No crow for 44. Idk if you saw my post vouching for you on the fox sports app, but we're aware that there are nice Cuero fans!

44INAROW
12-04-2016, 06:42 PM
I never made that statement!... But true! No crow for 44. Idk if you saw my post vouching for you on the fox sports app, but we're aware that there are nice Cuero fans!

Salty, I quoted the person that said it. You replied to me. I replied to you. I never said you said anything. Not sure why you think I said you did. I've done myself a favor and stayed away from fox sports app. But I saw what you said last time was there. Much appreciated. Just a little "tender" but this to shall pass.

SaltySixes
12-04-2016, 06:50 PM
Salty, I quoted the person that said it. You replied to me. I replied to you. I never said you said anything. Not sure why you think I said you did. I've done myself a favor and stayed away from fox sports app. But I saw what you said last time was there. Much appreciated. Just a little "tender" but this to shall pass.

Ok fair enough, and thats probably a good idea! I totally understand the tender feeling though. In and around Panther Nation the Cuero gobblers have basically been synonymous with that feeling...

WOS92
12-04-2016, 06:51 PM

Navarro wins big.

Indeed. Let me say, however, that it was the only time in 38 years of existence (478 games) that anyone put 50 on us. We've only allowed 40 points three times (not including the aforementioned 50). That was 11 years ago, and that team won state one week later. In contrast, we have allowed 56 this season.

ogg
12-04-2016, 07:18 PM
Indeed. Let me say, however, that it was the only time in 38 years of existence (478 games) that anyone put 50 on us. We've only allowed 40 points three times (not including the aforementioned 50). That was 11 years ago, and that team won state one week later. In contrast, we have allowed 56 this season.

I can see Navarro hanging 56 points on WOS this week alone....please don't cry when this happens.

PurplePop
12-04-2016, 07:22 PM

No way do Panther fans want to show anything but respect for Cuero, especially now. We know what Cuero is going through right now big time. Cuero is too great of a team to not still be playing. That's how we felt three years ago and last year (not so much two years ago). It's a devastating feeling. We have nothing but great respect for Cuero football.

toddg
12-04-2016, 07:26 PM
is this Wimberley vs wos

Dogs_21
12-04-2016, 07:38 PM
48-21 wos

WOS92
12-04-2016, 07:56 PM
I can see Navarro hanging 56 points on WOS this week alone....please don't cry when this happens.

Haha... ok... I will try to be brave.

lostaussie
12-04-2016, 08:21 PM
Our boys are incredibly fired up to play the best 4A team in the state at NRG. How do you know? That probably makes your guys feel good.

XX Man
12-04-2016, 08:22 PM

Navarro will not win. I do look for this to be one of the better teams they have played, if not the best. Not sure how they would stack up to Kennedale.

XX Man
12-04-2016, 08:26 PM
Thanks for the response and fair enough. You won't get any less of a game from us than you would have gotten from Cuero. I can guarantee you that. I think we will score 20+. Our boys are incredibly fired up to play the best 4A team in the state at NRG.

This WOS team does not get shook. They just do their assignments and win. There are no D1 standouts. The whole team is good, and that is what makes the difference. And, if someone goes down, there is a backup as good, or almost as good, that takes their place. This is the best team WOS has ever fielded.

XX Man
12-04-2016, 08:27 PM

If there are any tears, it is tears from laughing so much at this statement.

lostaussie
12-04-2016, 08:28 PM
This might get really good but the end of the week........carry on:D

WOS87
12-04-2016, 08:40 PM
I'm staying out of it but I will be watching. Good luck to both.

bag-o-chips
12-04-2016, 08:48 PM
Just so you know Ogg is not a Navarro poster. Navarro has tons of respect and realizes the road ahead will be rough! Best wishes to both!

PurplePop
12-04-2016, 08:54 PM
How do you know? That probably makes your guys feel good.

They're reigning state champs. They're undefeated. They haven't lost since they gave away the SC game in 2014. I guess you think Gilmer is the best team in the state right now. Whatever.

griff
12-04-2016, 09:25 PM
They're reigning state champs. They're undefeated. They haven't lost since they gave away the SC game in 2014. I guess you think Gilmer is the best team in the state right now. Whatever.

lostaussie, you can't buy a break, my friend. Should I play diplomat and attorney for you on this site, as well? Lol...

10ForTheWin
12-04-2016, 09:44 PM
well what is your prediction? we will see who is closer

I'm not gonna predict this one, just as I didn't predict the last one, to many different variables to take into account, and these two teams have never played each other. It's a toss up in my mind

lostaussie
12-04-2016, 09:45 PM
lostaussie, you can't buy a break, my friend. Should I play diplomat and attorney for you on this site, as well? Lol...

That probably was not exactly taken the way I intended it to be. But a couple(not all) of the Navarro guys are really agitating. When WOS wins the trophy I'll be more than happy to give them the title of best 4a DII team in the state and have no problem doing so. Until then......I shall hold out hope:D

10ForTheWin
12-04-2016, 09:45 PM

I didn't mean that as an insult to Cuero poster, and I'm sorry if I offended, just a bit of trash talk, I know you have thicker skin than that 44!

lostaussie
12-04-2016, 09:46 PM
And thanks for for looking after me at the other site. Some of those guys don't get me. That's ok

WOS87
12-04-2016, 09:59 PM
And thanks for for looking after me at the other site. Some of those guys don't get me. That's ok

I keep an eye out for you. I'm a mod there. But you know that. Not quite a Christmas elf, but more of a goblin

PurplePop
12-04-2016, 10:01 PM

This is quite a good ol' boys club ya'll got on the downlow. I feel like Trump at a debate (which is a good thing, BTW).

SintonFan_inAustin
12-04-2016, 10:04 PM
I keep an eye out for you. I'm a mod there. But you know that. Not quite a Christmas elf, but more of a goblinGoblin.........hmmmm all ok now I know what site that is :)

hope my password is saved when I log because don't remember it.

SintonFan_inAustin
12-04-2016, 10:05 PM
This is quite a good ol' boys club ya'll got on the downlow. I feel like Trump at a debate (which is a good thing, BTW).Hey it goes back to 2001 and was a lot more trash talking back then and lot of ROMming back then lol.

ROM=Read only member

PurplePop
12-04-2016, 10:05 PM
Goblin.........hmmmm all ok now I know what site that is :)

hope my password is saved when I log because don't remember it.

Setx. It's a good read.

SintonFan_inAustin
12-04-2016, 10:07 PM
Setx. It's a good read.
yea know about that since when Sinton first played somebody from region 3 in 2001. Sinton vs Bridge City and also visit it during baseball season

Tejastrue
12-04-2016, 10:37 PM
is this Wimberley vs wos

Panther folks are not quite used to this hype..dang, I miss 2011. We gotta take up some slack..besides...I hate BB. Not to mention we support a district brother. :wave:

PurplePop
12-04-2016, 10:39 PM
That probably was not exactly taken the way I intended it to be. But a couple(not all) of the Navarro guys are really agitating. When WOS wins the trophy I'll be more than happy to give them the title of best 4a DII team in the state and have no problem doing so. Until then......I shall hold out hope:D

Sorry to agitate the great ones. We can't have these "see you in the SC game" conversations like the great ones because we aren't in the club. We can't reminisce about all our past state championship experiences like the great ones because of obvious reasons. With all that glib, backslapping small talk off limits to us, we have a much greater likelihood to agitate occasionally. We'll try to be more careful in the future.

griff
12-04-2016, 10:43 PM
This is quite a good ol' boys club ya'll got on the downlow. I feel like Trump at a debate (which is a good thing, BTW).

Nah, I don't post much over here. I was just trying to clear up some confusion on what another poster said.

Tejastrue
12-04-2016, 10:46 PM
Setx. It's a good read.

Sorry, I had to put my glasses on to read this...to confirm you know. Those acronyms can be confusing sometimes.

PurplePop
12-04-2016, 10:48 PM
Nah, I don't post much over here. I was just trying to clear up some confusion on what another poster said.

It's all in fun (I hope). I'm moving on from this particular conversation.

SaltySixes
12-04-2016, 11:01 PM

Welp... no longer thinking of aussie as a friendly poster... i wander if theres any way not to irritate the old timers.... our presence seems to be enough all on its own!

SaltySixes
12-04-2016, 11:05 PM
Sorry for winning and disruptimg the flow... oh great ones we bow down to you all!

sk1
12-05-2016, 12:33 AM
Ok guys lets all play nice.
We all have our fav teams here but let's not be to direspectful.

44INAROW
12-05-2016, 08:30 AM
Sorry, I had to put my glasses on to read this...to confirm you know. Those acronyms can be confusing sometimes.

That made me laugh out loud. :spitlol:

pancho villa
12-05-2016, 09:07 AM
WOS by 42 Region III vs Region IV

It is like a greyhound vs a wiener dog.

d0tc0m
12-05-2016, 09:50 AM
Well, this is going to be an entertaining thread this week. But that's good. The DownLow needed something like this to get things going again. Reminds me of the old days a bit.

lostaussie
12-05-2016, 11:50 AM
Welp... no longer thinking of aussie as a friendly poster... i wander if theres any way not to irritate the old timers.... our presence seems to be enough all on its own!

Somebody from Navarro (I can't find it right now) made the comment that no matter who won the Cuero/Navarro matchup that was going to be the best team WOS would play. That was a straight shot at the Buckeyes and I just wanted to know how they knew that. You guys turned it into an "oh bow down to the glory teams". Y'all cry around here like nobody will give you any respect. It gets old. Just go win. Earn some respect and quit begging for it. You're Region 4 champion and that's a dang fine honor.

WOS92
12-05-2016, 12:17 PM
Somebody from Navarro (I can't find it right now) made the comment that no matter who won the Cuero/Navarro matchup that was going to be the best team WOS would play. That was a straight shot at the Buckeyes and I just wanted to know how they knew that. You guys turned it into an "oh bow down to the glory teams". Y'all cry around here like nobody will give you any respect. It gets old. Just go win. Earn some respect and quit begging for it. You're Region 4 champion and that's a dang fine honor.

Come on, aussie! Don't you remember the great "Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey" quote about respect?

"A man doesn't automatically get my respect. He has to get down in the dirt and beg for it."

WOS1
12-05-2016, 12:25 PM
Come on, aussie! Don't you remember the great "Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey" quote about respect?

"A man doesn't automatically get my respect. He has to get down in the dirt and beg for it."

T... lol

lostaussie
12-05-2016, 12:36 PM

Lol:D

10ForTheWin
12-05-2016, 01:02 PM
most think that R3/R4 is pretty much the championship game. Gimler is a damn good team, and can put up lots of points, they just don't have a defense. At this point in the season you gotta be able to play some defense, I haven't seen Gilmer do that.

d0tc0m
12-05-2016, 01:11 PM
most think that R3/R4 is pretty much the championship game. Gimler is a damn good team, and can put up lots of points, they just don't have a defense. At this point in the season you gotta be able to play some defense, I haven't seen Gilmer do that.

Then you haven't been watching them this postseason. The criticism of Gilmer's defense was fair, especially early on, but the Buckeyes' defense is a lot better than it gets credit for, and it's been getting better each week of the postseason.

lostaussie
12-05-2016, 01:25 PM
Then you haven't been watching them this postseason. The criticism of Gilmer's defense was fair, especially early on, but the Buckeyes' defense is a lot better than it gets credit for, and it's been getting better each week of the postseason.

You can't tell them nothing. Their happy playing for second place. All they are hoping for is to be able to say "see we played WOS better than y'all did" therefore their claim to being 2nd best team in state which wins them.........ding ding ding.......not a damn thing!!!!

WOS92
12-05-2016, 01:57 PM
You can't tell them nothing. Their happy playing for second place. All they are hoping for is to be able to say "see we played WOS better than y'all did" therefore their claim to being 2nd best team in state which wins them.........ding ding ding.......not a damn thing!!!!

But in the end, history will show the final two teams in a box score. No one will remember who the two were who lose on Friday, which makes this week the hardest loss to take. Even in the 2014 game, we lost, but we were in that sucker- and held our own.

lostaussie
12-05-2016, 02:17 PM
But in the end, history will show the final two teams in a box score. No one will remember who the two were who lose on Friday, which makes this week the hardest loss to take. Even in the 2014 game, we lost, but we were in that sucker- and held our own.

This is true. But Gilmer fans like WOS fans ain't playing for second.........you play to win the game. And if WOS wins we want to beat them, and if Navarro wins we want to beat them. We play whomever is next on the schedule, regardless of how or why they got there. This week we focus on Sweetwater. Their next. After that, if we win, we will get ready to play the winner of this game and it will be a good team, no matter who wins. For now, we got our own business to take care of. Let me go back to my thread:D

SaltySixes
12-05-2016, 02:24 PM

Man more shots fired... and no, we do not feel that way at all! You feel attacked by a comment you cant even find? Darn... Im sorry... This website can be unbelieveable sometimes. 44, where is the "be careful of broad strokes" lecture now? This is a textbook example.... there are only like 4 Navarro posters on the whole site, amd 1 has been here alot longer than the rest so saying that theyre all annoying except one pretty much removes all doubt who you are talking about....
I will go on being reverent and respectful towards Gilmer, even after being labeled as annoying and irritating...

P.s. Salty never made any statements about anything outside of region 4.... so it wasnt me!

rb585
12-05-2016, 03:10 PM

56 points?!?!?!? You have got to be crazy.

I say Navarro tops out at 49.

pancho villa
12-05-2016, 04:07 PM
WOS will shut them out

WOS92
12-05-2016, 04:25 PM
WOS will shut them out

I doubt that. I don't always say that. Ok, I do, but I mean it. I think we will in the second half though.

PurplePop
12-05-2016, 06:54 PM

I'm the trouble stirrer upper. Something got under my skin and I couldn't remember what but just found it. Last week, I was snoopin around on the Celina-Gilmer thread because the closer I get to our game I usually stop posting on the Navarro thread. I don't know why. Anyway, there was light hearted banter about Navarro playing Seminole in the SC game. Not a big deal, but I took it as putting us in the same category as a 4th place team. I'd like to play my "Rescind My Nonsense Comment" card now and rescind my nonsense second place comment. I hope I have a few of those cards left.

PurplePop
12-05-2016, 07:05 PM
And, if anyone wants to play their "Strike That Idiot's Comment" card on any of my other comments, it's ok with me. Sometimes I get carried away.

44INAROW
12-05-2016, 08:52 PM
Now come on guys, be happy you're getting to play each other For the opportunity to play for the State Championship. The cream has risen and Friday's game promises to be epic.

SOME of us get to go to a COUGH COUGH Basketball Tourney Friday night and Saturday. UGH. I love my granddaughter more than life itself and she's crazy about her guy (whom played DB in football too) so I guess we will trek over to the metropolis of Boling, TX. There used to be a great place to eat there, not sure if it's still open. (Trying to find a positive) I heard we were supposed to scrimmage with Hallettsville tomorrow but it was probably too soon for both teams. . That hurt

I haven't followed other classifications but how many other Semi Final games pits 2 undefeated teams against each other?

lostaussie
12-05-2016, 09:18 PM
I'm the trouble stirrer upper. Something got under my skin and I couldn't remember what but just found it. Last week, I was snoopin around on the Celina-Gilmer thread because the closer I get to our game I usually stop posting on the Navarro thread. I don't know why. Anyway, there was light hearted banter about Navarro playing Seminole in the SC game. Not a big deal, but I took it as putting us in the same category as a 4th place team. I'd like to play my "Rescind My Nonsense Comment" card now and rescind my nonsense second place comment. I hope I have a few of those cards left.

First of all I was POed because I couldn't find the dang comment. Awful nice of you to man up
Secondly you don't have to snoop around on our thread. If you got a comment spit it out. Lord knows I do.
Third, I'm not gonna let no dang message board ruin my day. I say what I want and I bite my tongue when I need to. I probably need to more often.
And lastly, if your looking for respect and your are in the final 4, you have mine. That doesn't mean I think you are gonna win but we all have our own opinions. What I do think, and I'm not just saying it to make you feel better, is I do believe Navarro will play WOS the best game they have seen so far. I just don't think in the end it will be enough. But hey, if y'all believe your gonna win, by all means, shout it from the mountaintop. You not gonna bother me a bit. Good luck to both teams. Hopefully I'll get to watch one of you play next week.

pirate4state
12-05-2016, 09:24 PM
Careful with the "all yall" statements. We have faced off with the R4 winner 7 times in our history and ive been there for all of them. We only lost 1 of those, but none were blowouts and all were tough games. No way would i predict a blow out. Now, some statements ive seen from some Navarro fans that i really want to "lol" at is them saying we may not have the speed to hang with them. Again, i would not predict a blowout but you will not be the faster team.

:crazy: You know y'all are slow...don't front. :taunt::inlove:

WOS1
12-05-2016, 09:34 PM
:crazy: You know y'all are slow...don't front. :taunt::inlove:

Lol... you gonna be there?

pirate4state
12-05-2016, 09:36 PM

reminds me of the 2001 Forney team :D :D

pirate4state
12-05-2016, 09:37 PM
Lol... you gonna be there?

nope, I'll be in Waco! Be there to watch y'all next week ;) :stirpot:

PurplePop
12-05-2016, 10:41 PM
First of all I was POed because I couldn't find the dang comment. Awful nice of you to man up
Secondly you don't have to snoop around on our thread. If you got a comment spit it out. Lord knows I do.
Third, I'm not gonna let no dang message board ruin my day. I say what I want and I bite my tongue when I need to. I probably need to more often.
And lastly, if your looking for respect and your are in the final 4, you have mine. That doesn't mean I think you are gonna win but we all have our own opinions. What I do think, and I'm not just saying it to make you feel better, is I do believe Navarro will play WOS the best game they have seen so far. I just don't think in the end it will be enough. But hey, if y'all believe your gonna win, by all means, shout it from the mountaintop. You not gonna bother me a bit. Good luck to both teams. Hopefully I'll get to watch one of you play next week.

It was a juvenile comment for a lot of reasons that people are rightly pointing out. I have zero business talking down about Gilmer. At this point, our kids are so thrilled by everything, the last thing they're thinking about is respect. They're having a blast. I don't need to be raining on the parade.

WOS87
12-05-2016, 10:49 PM
Well if it's any consolation USA Today(Ken Massey of the old BCS rankings) has this as the #1 vs #2 4A teams in their computer rankings (#7 vs #22 Statewide). It should be an epic game.

http://usatodayhss.com/rankings/computer/boys/football/TX/2016/1

Tejastrue
12-05-2016, 11:20 PM
A little inspiration for the Panther folk? Here is the Wimberley vs WOS thread from 2005. Sounds eerily familiar. Okay, I'm dying here. Can't let go of the Texan season...whatever you want to call it. A few familiar names pop up along the way. Enjoy.

http://bbs.texasdownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?38249-Wimberley-vs-WOS&highlight=wimberley+2005

http://bbs.texasdownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?38610-Wimberley-vs-West-Orange-Stark-Game-Thread&highlight=wimberley+2005 (http://bbs.texasdownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?38610-Wimberley-vs-West-Orange-Stark-Game-Thread&highlight=wimberley+2005)

10ForTheWin
12-05-2016, 11:23 PM
Well if it's any consolation USA Today(Ken Massey of the old BCS rankings) has this as the #1 vs #2 4A teams in their computer rankings (#7 vs #22 Statewide). It should be an epic game.

http://usatodayhss.com/rankings/computer/boys/football/TX/2016/1

That's a neat bit of information! But I personally don't feel that Navarro is the 22nd best team in the state, and I'm sorry WOS I don't believe y'all are the 7th. Usually those computers don't do a great job factoring in the size difference in school. For example last week I saw a post about one of those national polls had WOS as a 3 point favorite over Katy if they were to play, no disrespect to WOS but I'm not seeing it lol

WOS87
12-05-2016, 11:38 PM
LMAO at Wimberley... the difference since 2005 is we have a defense. That year we had Earl Thomas but the defense was lacking big time. Allowed 253 points that year which was all-time worst even subtracting Wimbo. Not the same this year. Keep lulling them into a false sense of security. Good job!

pirate4state
12-05-2016, 11:38 PM
A little inspiration for the Panther folk? Here is the Wimberley vs WOS thread from 2005. Sounds eerily familiar. Okay, I'm dying here. Can't let go of the Texan season...whatever you want to call it. A few familiar names pop up along the way. Enjoy.

http://bbs.texasdownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?38249-Wimberley-vs-WOS&highlight=wimberley+2005

http://bbs.texasdownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?38610-Wimberley-vs-West-Orange-Stark-Game-Thread&highlight=wimberley+2005 (http://bbs.texasdownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?38610-Wimberley-vs-West-Orange-Stark-Game-Thread&highlight=wimberley+2005)

Wow Earl Thomas was on that 2005 WOS team!!! Always been a fan of his!

WOS87
12-05-2016, 11:49 PM
That's a neat bit of information! But I personally don't feel that Navarro is the 22nd best team in the state, and I'm sorry WOS I don't believe y'all are the 7th. Usually those computers don't do a great job factoring in the size difference in school. For example last week I saw a post about one of those national polls had WOS as a 3 point favorite over Katy if they were to play, no disrespect to WOS but I'm not seeing it lol

We've beaten a Katy team in the past have you? 14-0 I believe

XX Man
12-06-2016, 03:01 AM
Kennedale has been the best team WOS has seen this year. Not sure how Navarro will stack up to them, but they are sure to be a good team. You don't get to this level by being slackers. WOS better be ready, play hard and never let up.

d0tc0m
12-06-2016, 09:27 AM
Kennedale has been the best team WOS has seen this year. Not sure how Navarro will stack up to them, but they are sure to be a good team. You don't get to this level by being slackers. WOS better be ready, play hard and never let up.

Having seen both on film, Navarro is better than Kennedale.

d0tc0m
12-06-2016, 09:29 AM

That was a very good Wimberley team! Not to mention, 2005 was just a good year. Can't believe it's more than a decade in the rear view.

griff
12-06-2016, 09:54 AM
LMAO at Wimberley... the difference since 2005 is we have a defense. That year we had Earl Thomas but the defense was lacking big time. Allowed 253 points that year which was all-time worst even subtracting Wimbo. Not the same this year. Keep lulling them into a false sense of security. Good job!

The other major difference is we have an OC who calls a smart game. That other guy did more to hold back WO-S for a few years than anything else. 'Glad he's gone.

LHPfactory
12-06-2016, 12:31 PM

Buse was one hell of a HS running back, that kid would catch the football in full stride on kick off returns. He gave Liberty Hill fits along with that Code Red Defense, those were some epic LH vs Wimberley games back in the 2004-2005-2006 era.

10ForTheWin
12-06-2016, 04:02 PM

Damn I hope y'alls players are as soft as you! Don't take offense so easily, or maybe the internet isn't a place for you lol

10ForTheWin
12-06-2016, 04:33 PM
Question, has WOS head coach been there since the beginning of the program, because they have only been around since the early 80s correct?

lostaussie
12-06-2016, 05:19 PM
Question, has WOS head coach been there since the beginning of the program, because they have only been around since the early 80s correct?

He was there in the beginning. Left for a couple years, and then came back. Took over the reins when Dan Hooks retired.

Trying to stay up to date on my WOS history:D

GUNHO
12-06-2016, 05:39 PM
He was there in the beginning. Left for a couple years, and then came back. Took over the reins when Dan Hooks retired.

Trying to stay up to date on my WOS history:D

That is correct aussie.Started 1977 to be exact.Was the DC until he took over for Hooks.

briandumith*
12-06-2016, 05:40 PM
Damn I hope y'alls players are as soft as you! Don't take offense so easily, or maybe the internet isn't a place for you lol

As a neutral observer. I can say that it seems he was just replying to the comment and not taking anything with offense. Let's not get personal.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

44INAROW
12-06-2016, 06:21 PM
:1popcorn::1popcorn:

PurplePop
12-06-2016, 07:27 PM
Is there any interesting history behind the "Pursuit" sign that the players tap and that your coach stops at and puts his hand on prior to games. I love that. I saw it on a WOS fire up video. It's like the Notre Dame "Play Like a Champion" sign the players tap on the way out of the locker room.

lostaussie
12-06-2016, 07:46 PM
Is there any interesting history behind the "Pursuit" sign that the players tap and that your coach stops at and puts his hand on prior to games. I love that. I saw it on a WOS fire up video. It's like the Notre Dame "Play Like a Champion" sign the players tap on the way out of the locker room.

Have no idea about that one.......but ask them about 112%. That will make you proud to be a fan of high school football. I will give the honor of telling this story to a WOS fan

WOS1
12-06-2016, 08:46 PM
Have no idea about that one.......but ask them about 112%. That will make you proud to be a fan of high school football. I will give the honor of telling this story to a WOS fan

112% was what Reggie Garrett used for motivation when he played. His number was 12 and he always gave "112%" (the greatest effort possible). He had a wrist band that had 112% written on it that he played every game with. He was a leader on and off the field, good student and good kid. He was our QB in 2008 and during the 2009 season. In 2009, while playing Jasper, he threw a TD pass, ran off the field, then collapsed and died right there on the sideline. His 112% has since become motivation for the WOS program. It is painted on the locker room walls, etc. if you give every ounce you have to give at WOS, you are giving 112%.

I cried for a week when this happened.

WOS1
12-06-2016, 08:50 PM

"Pursuit" is the foundation of our defense. We will pursue, we WILL gang tackle. We are known for our stingy defense and this is where it all starts.

sk1
12-06-2016, 08:54 PM
112% was what Reggie Garrett used for motivation when he played. His number was 12 and he always gave "112%" (the greatest effort possible). He had a wrist band that had 112% written on it that he played every game with. He was a leader on and off the field, good student and good kid. He was our QB in 2008 and during the 2009 season. In 2009, while playing Jasper, he threw a TD pass, ran off the field, then collapsed and died right there on the sideline. His 112% has since become motivation for the WOS program. It is painted on the locker room walls, etc. if you give every ounce you have to give at WOS, you are giving 112%.

Wow i had heard about 112% but had no idea what it meant.

WOS1
12-06-2016, 08:56 PM
I just want to add this... this IS NOT 2005 and we ARE NOT the 2005 Mustangs. We do not have an Earl Thomas or Deion Beasley on this team, but we have a bunch of tough, fast, really good football players on both sides of the ball that have played together since they were 5. We don't have the stars, but we are a much better TEAM.

rb585
12-06-2016, 08:59 PM

Haha, who was Worm? We need him back!

PurplePop
12-06-2016, 10:02 PM

Thanks for sharing that tragic but incredibly inspiring story. Was your current head coach there in 2009?

griff
12-06-2016, 10:47 PM
Thanks for sharing that tragic but incredibly inspiring story. Was your current head coach there in 2009?

Coach Thompson was the DC at the time. Our long time HC Dan Hooks was still there. He retired the following year and Coach Thompson then became HC.

rb585
12-06-2016, 11:12 PM
OK, so seriously... This isn't going to be close. And that's a not a shot against Navarro. They're a great team, great program. Kids are about as tough as you can be.

WOS is on another level.

I saw them last year at state. Size-wise, they looked like a JV team compared to Celina. Their DEs and OGs weren't any bigger than their CBs. But they played like their hair was on fire and with discipline. Just amazing. And almost all of those guys are back and a year better.

Navarro will play their butts off from the opening kickoff till 0:00, but I think this will be a 35-14 type game.

(and Navarro is better than Gilmer)

PurplePop
12-07-2016, 07:32 AM
Coach Thompson was the DC at the time. Our long time HC Dan Hooks was still there. He retired the following year and Coach Thompson then became HC.

That explains the great defense. Ugh!!!

PurplePop
12-07-2016, 08:50 AM
OK, so seriously... This isn't going to be close. And that's a not a shot against Navarro. They're a great team, great program. Kids are about as tough as you can be.

WOS is on another level.

I saw them last year at state. Size-wise, they looked like a JV team compared to Celina. Their DEs and OGs weren't any bigger than their CBs. But they played like their hair was on fire and with discipline. Just amazing. And almost all of those guys are back and a year better.

Navarro will play their butts off from the opening kickoff till 0:00, but I think this will be a 35-14 type game.

There's no way to know if we're better than Gilmer unless we play them. Gilmer can score before the other team gets their extra point team off the field.

As far as WOS, we should get 28 points but I can't say we should hold WOS under 42 without sounding stupid, and I'm tired of sounding stupid. There's no solution for containing #4 out of the spread. He's Manziel-esque. And, he has all kinds of talent and speed to throw to and you've got a solid RB. I'm not telling you anything you don't already know, of course.

On our side, we're not particularly big and we're not particularly fast. But, we're always the best conditioned team on the field and always the best-disciplined team on the field. Always. WOS will get a four quarter war from us no matter what. We execute our offense better than any team I've seen in my six years of attending games. We have a bunch of seniors who seem to want it more with each new playoff game.

With all that, an objective prediction from me would be WOS 42 to 28. But, I know we can win this game if we play flawless football and catch a break or two.

PurplePop
12-07-2016, 08:58 AM
And, more importantly than all of that, I'm pretty sure I'm finally about to get called up to the DL varsity. I didn't want to go into this game on the JV.

WOS1
12-07-2016, 09:24 AM
There's no way to know if we're better than Gilmer unless we play them. Gilmer can score before the other team gets their extra point team off the field.

As far as WOS, we should get 28 points but I can't say we should hold WOS under 42 without sounding stupid, and I'm tired of sounding stupid. There's no solution for containing #4 out of the spread. He's Manziel-esque. And, he has all kinds of talent and speed to throw to and you've got a solid RB. I'm not telling you anything you don't already know, of course.

On our side, we're not particularly big and we're not particularly fast. But, we're always the best conditioned team on the field and always the best-disciplined team on the field. Always. WOS will get a four quarter war from us no matter what. We execute our offense better than any team I've seen in my six years of attending games. We have a bunch of seniors who seem to want it more with each new playoff game.

With all that, an objective prediction from me would be WOS 42 to 28. But, I know we can win this game if we play flawless football and catch a break or two.

Much of what you describe are characteristics of WOS, especially the part about being the most well conditioned team on the field. Much of the reason we dont have bigger kids is because they cant make it thru the conditioning. Thompson is a stickler when it comes to that because it creates discipline and mental toughness.

PurplePop
12-07-2016, 10:19 AM
Much of what you describe are characteristics of WOS, especially the part about being the most well conditioned team on the field. Much of the reason we dont have bigger kids is because they cant make it thru the conditioning. Thompson is a stickler when it comes to that because it creates discipline and mental toughness.

I know that's the case with WOS or you wouldn't be as successful as you are every year. It's all about a great head coach building a great program. Ya'll have had that for a long time. We've been unbelievably blessed to have Coach Goad for the last nine years and he's built a great program. We had some success with our prior coach for about 6 years but before that we were terrible since we started playing football in 1972. I've been amazed over the years what the difference a great head coach makes when we drub teams with better athletes. But that has stopped the last three years when we get to Cuero. Great coach. Great program. Thank goodness we finally cleared that hurdle. I'm not expecting conditioning to be an advantage in Friday's game with WOS. I don't see any "advantage Navarro" things going into this game.

PurplePop
12-07-2016, 10:21 AM
Darn it. I thought Varsity was the next level. Letterman is better than JV though.

lostaussie
12-07-2016, 10:27 AM
Darn it. I thought Varsity was the next level. Letterman is better than JV though.

Just keep on winning......you will be there before you know ii!!!

GUNHO
12-07-2016, 11:51 AM

That's how you beat Cuero it seems.I see ya'll weren't flaged one time.Is that common or just in that game?

griff
12-07-2016, 11:55 AM
That's how you beat Cuero it seems.I see ya'll weren't flaged one time.Is that common or just in that game?

NOT ONE penalty in a high school game is bad officiating.

44INAROW
12-07-2016, 12:13 PM
NOT ONE penalty in a high school game is bad officiating.

Oh, there were penalties called.... just not against Navarro... this comment is not slanted one way or the other.... (and I weigh 120 lbs and run 5 miles a day) :wave:

that being said, Navarro is VERY disciplined...

bag-o-chips
12-07-2016, 12:32 PM
NAVARRO had 3 penalties for 45 yards. Most penalties Cuero had were false starts which were obvious. Yes there werepenalties not called especially when you facemask and rip a players helmet off. What was terrible happened after the game when 2 or 3 Cuero Fans went on the Navarro ISD Facebook site accusing Navarro of cheating and paying the refs off. It was so bad they had to be deleted and blocked.

d0tc0m
12-07-2016, 12:41 PM
NAVARRO had 3 penalties for 45 yards. Most penalties Cuero had were false starts which were obvious. Yes there werepenalties not called especially when you facemask and rip a players helmet off. What was terrible happened after the game when 2 or 3 Cuero Fans went on the Navarro ISD Facebook site accusing Navarro of cheating and paying the refs off. It was so bad they had to be deleted and blocked.

Sadly, there are a few nuts like that just about anywhere you go.

44INAROW
12-07-2016, 01:01 PM

Oh man - can't even have a freaking sense of humor...... for heaven's sake, I was giving Navarro props - lighten up Francis... :ack!:

bag-o-chips
12-07-2016, 01:10 PM
Just posting the truth. Hard to see a sense of humor in a forum posts unless you give us a smiley wave.

bag-o-chips
12-07-2016, 01:11 PM
Oh you did but I thought that was because you ran every day!

44INAROW
12-07-2016, 01:31 PM
Oh you did but I thought that was because you ran every day!

lol. Both. :crazy: I'm on my phone now and it won't do smiles or emojis (not sure why). But when I get back to work, I will add one to this. Seriously, I was giving props.:clap: I WISH I weighed 125 lbs and COULD RUN 5 miles.
:weeping:

PurplePop
12-07-2016, 01:45 PM

We usually don't have many penalties on offense. We've had our share of stupid personal fouls and offsides and interference, etc. on defense. We don't turn the ball over very much. We walked a very thin line against Cuero going 6 for 6 on 4th downs. I sure as heck don't want to be anywhere close to that situation against WOS.

Rabid Cougar
12-07-2016, 04:15 PM
WOS <50 - Navarro >14

panfan
12-07-2016, 08:42 PM
WOS <50 - Navarro >14

Way to be noncommital. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Navarro plays their best game ever and wins by a field goal.

XX Man
12-08-2016, 01:17 AM
"Pursuit" is the foundation of our defense. We will pursue, we WILL gang tackle. We are known for our stingy defense and this is where it all starts.

Actually, the "We will Pursue, We WILL Gang Tackle" came from my friend, Majestyk, who got it from Steve McMichael at a Texas-Oklahoma pep rally. He brought it up in 2000 when WOS had the #1 Defense in state, and was extremely stingy with yardage. I had a few dozen of the shirts printed up, back then. Sold them to some of the WOS faithful. I still have a few, and if you did not have to have so many posts to add a picture to your name, I would have it here, as I do on the other forums.

XX Man
12-08-2016, 01:23 AM

WOS is on another level.

WOS never has size, but what they do have is conditioning out the wa-zoo. If you walk into the field house, these young men look like chiseled stone. This is why when the 4th quarter gets here, they are still hitting like it was the first minute of the game. Very few teams have ever been able to hang with them in the 4th quarter. That is why you will see the WOS fans holding up the 4 fingers at the beginning of the 4th quarter. They are saying, "The 4th is ours".

WOS1
12-08-2016, 08:31 AM
Pursuit has always been the foundation of WOS defenses. I like the saying, it fits well with our style of play.

WOS1
12-08-2016, 10:15 AM
http://texashsfootball.com/west-orange-stark-navarro-enter-semifinal-14-0/

Third
12-08-2016, 01:49 PM
WOS never has size, but what they do have is conditioning out the wa-zoo. If you walk into the field house, these young men look like chiseled stone. This is why when the 4th quarter gets here, they are still hitting like it was the first minute of the game. Very few teams have ever been able to hang with them in the 4th quarter. That is why you will see the WOS fans holding up the 4 fingers at the beginning of the 4th quarter. They are saying, "The 4th is ours".

Doesn't every high school team do that?

Third
12-08-2016, 01:57 PM

Pearsall can boast wins over Smithson Valley, Port Lavaca Calhoun and Clemens in the past. LOL!

d0tc0m
12-08-2016, 02:06 PM
Pearsall can boast wins over Smithson Valley, Port Lavaca Calhoun and Clemens in the past. LOL!

Heck, Celina has a 14-6 record all-time against Allen.

Mr. Football
12-08-2016, 02:29 PM
This will be a closer game than most people think. WOS will score fast and Navarro will have 8 minute touchdown drives. But in the end I believe WOS will win 35-21

Ranchhand
12-08-2016, 02:31 PM

Not only has he been there since the beginning of the WO-S, but he graduated from West Orange High School. His classmates from Class of 66 came to one of the games this year and walked out onto the field with him. Great honor for his classmates! In addition, he was the head baseball coach at Stark High school when they merged, so he has been in the school district for 40 plus years.

WOS92
12-08-2016, 03:57 PM
http://texashsfootball.com/west-orange-stark-navarro-enter-semifinal-14-0/

Ahmaud Baldwin? That's a mistake, right? I thought his health forced him to quit before last year?

Rabid Cougar
12-08-2016, 04:08 PM
Way to be noncommital. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Navarro plays their best game ever and wins by a field goal.

WOS<50 -Navarro >14 is actually being nice. Don't want to hurt anyone's feelings.

Third
12-08-2016, 04:25 PM
Heck, Celina has a 14-6 record all-time against Allen.

Maybe we should start another thread. This could get interesting.

SaltySixes
12-08-2016, 08:16 PM
WOS<50 -Navarro >14 is actually being nice. Don't want to hurt anyone's feelings.

Perposterous! Haha

WOS92
12-08-2016, 08:43 PM
Perposterous! Haha

WOS less than 50, Navarro greater than 14?

SaltySixes
12-08-2016, 09:09 PM
WOS less than 50, Navarro greater than 14?
Well i guess it could be a positive outcome for the panthers, but like someone else said, its way to ambigous lol

XX Man
12-09-2016, 01:27 AM
Doesn't every high school team do that?

Not to the degree that WOS does, and it is apparent when the 4th quarter gets there, and WOS is still hitting and running like it was the 1st.

XX Man
12-09-2016, 03:15 AM

There have been more than a few gripe about the bigger players getting cut, because they could not make the Mustang Mile.

XX Man
12-09-2016, 03:20 AM
Actually, the "We will Pursue, We WILL Gang Tackle" came from my friend, Majestyk, who got it from Steve McMichael at a Texas-Oklahoma pep rally. He brought it up in 2000 when WOS had the #1 Defense in state, and was extremely stingy with yardage. I had a few dozen of the shirts printed up, back then. Sold them to some of the WOS faithful. I still have a few, and if you did not have to have so many posts to add a picture to your name, I would have it here, as I do on the other forums.

WOS.jpg

This is the shirt

d0tc0m
12-09-2016, 09:40 AM
Not to the degree that WOS does, and it is apparent when the 4th quarter gets there, and WOS is still hitting and running like it was the 1st.

So is the key for the other schools and communities to hold up the four fingers for longer, harder, with more passion and excitement, or what?

griff
12-09-2016, 09:47 AM
So is the key for the other schools and communities to hold up the four fingers for longer, harder, with more passion and excitement, or what?

XX Man is trying to explain how and why this gesture begun to be used at WO-S. Sure, other schools do it, but I remember when we began showing the four fingered salute, no one else was doing it back then. I'm not sure if WO-S was the very first to do this, but we were the first among the teams in our area and through the playoffs decades before.

d0tc0m
12-09-2016, 10:02 AM
XX Man is trying to explain how and why this gesture begun to be used at WO-S. Sure, other schools do it, but I remember when we began showing the four fingered salute, no one else was doing it back then. I'm not sure if WO-S was the very first to do this, but we were the first among the teams in our area and through the playoffs decades before.

I'm just giving XX Man a hard time. I'm sure WOS was the first one to do this. And, hell, they're conditioned so well, those boys and the fans could probably hold up their four fingers for weeks without getting tired.

Saggy Aggie
12-09-2016, 10:58 AM

:spitlol::spitlol:

GUNHO
12-09-2016, 11:05 AM
Don't know if I'll ever get use to this.Even though I'm confident......I'm nervous as hell.lol

44INAROW
12-09-2016, 01:43 PM
Don't know if I'll ever get use to this.Even though I'm confident......I'm nervous as hell.lol

It's so funny that you posted this today..all morning, . I've been trying not to think about Cuero not playing tonight, I finally thought, " well, at least I don't feel like I'm going to throw up from the pre game nerves" The pre game nerves are a love/hate relationship.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

SaltySixes
12-09-2016, 01:44 PM
It's so funny that you posted this today..all morning, . I've been trying not to think about Cuero not playing tonight, I finally thought, " well, at least I don't feel like I'm going to throw up from the pre game nerves" The pre game nerves are a love/hate relationship.....

Id rather feel like throwing up!

waterboy
12-09-2016, 01:48 PM

It'll get better after tonight. :D

I've been on both ends of that myself, and I would prefer to have those "pre game nerves" than the alternative.

44INAROW
12-09-2016, 01:54 PM

Well, obviously so would I, like i said. Trying to be positive.

SaltySixes
12-09-2016, 02:03 PM

Thats all we as fans can do!....... as well as scream bloody murder!

d0tc0m
12-09-2016, 02:28 PM

I'm right there with ya, 44! Trying to be positive over here, and just missing that ol' feeling on this very cold Friday here in Missouri.

44INAROW
12-09-2016, 02:40 PM
I'm right there with ya, 44! Trying to be positive over here, and just missing that ol' feeling on this very cold Friday here in Missouri.

yep - I bet it is cold up there - my brother is in North Dakota - he said it's miserable and brutal up there...

I hope to watch the game tonight... (online)

d0tc0m
12-09-2016, 06:42 PM
yep - I bet it is cold up there - my brother is in North Dakota - he said it's miserable and brutal up there...

I hope to watch the game tonight... (online)

Got a link for that online stream?

44INAROW
12-09-2016, 06:50 PM
Got a link for that online stream?

Can't get the link to paste. Texan live.com.

$6.95

SintonFan_inAustin
12-09-2016, 07:03 PM

$6.95

http://www.texanlive.com/2016/12/west-orange-stark-vs-navarro-state-semi-finals-live-video-from-nrg-stadium-12-9-2016-730pm-cst/

WOS87
12-09-2016, 07:07 PM
I'm about to catch my Uber to NRG... I'll keep you updated. Bringing my phone charger this time lol. sk1 and I will both be there.

http://seguingazette.com/sports/article_63fe538c-bdb8-11e6-9811-7fa1c10249f5.html

Here's the suspiciously late preview article from the Seguin Gazette. First indoor game ever? That's new. Is that actually true?

SintonFan_inAustin
12-09-2016, 07:10 PM
I'm about to catch my Uber to NRG... I'll keep you updated. Bringing my phone charger this time lol. sk1 and I will both be there.
Enjoy, not making the trip but will watch on texanlive broadcast

44INAROW
12-09-2016, 07:39 PM
We are signed up and ready at our house. WOS/Navarro on iPhone and Yoakum/Malakoff on iPads. 54 mins and counting.

44INAROW
12-09-2016, 07:39 PM
http://www.texanlive.com/2016/12/west-orange-stark-vs-navarro-state-semi-finals-live-video-from-nrg-stadium-12-9-2016-730pm-cst/

Thank you. SFIA.

XX Man
12-09-2016, 07:42 PM
I'm just giving XX Man a hard time. I'm sure WOS was the first one to do this. And, hell, they're conditioned so well, those boys and the fans could probably hold up their four fingers for weeks without getting tired.

How is Celina doing this year? Is that QB getting any traction with those shoes, since the UIL made him cut the cleats off them?

SintonFan_inAustin
12-09-2016, 07:45 PM
We are signed up and ready at our house. WOS/Navarro on iPhone and Yoakum/Malakoff on iPads. 54 mins and counting.

whats the link for yoakum?

44INAROW
12-09-2016, 07:49 PM
http://www.nfhsnetwork.com/events/uil/3c533055f8

Hope that works. I suck at cut and paste on iPhone.

SintonFan_inAustin
12-09-2016, 07:50 PM
thanks 44

XX Man
12-09-2016, 07:50 PM

Keep trying to think it through. I know it's hard for you.

Roughneck93
12-09-2016, 07:58 PM
The lines to get into the stadium moved slower than the traffic coming here...:)

d0tc0m
12-09-2016, 08:04 PM
How is Celina doing this year? Is that QB getting any traction with those shoes, since the UIL made him cut the cleats off them?

Keep trying to think it through. I know it's hard for you.

Hahahaha thanks for making it way too easy for me, XX Man! Good luck tonight, hope both teams play great, everyone stays healthy, and all the fans make it to and from NRG safely.

d0tc0m
12-09-2016, 08:05 PM
Is there an online broadcast for this game?

SintonFan_inAustin
12-09-2016, 08:34 PM
Will see right away how WOS with handle Navarro power offense

Roughneck93
12-09-2016, 08:36 PM
WOS with the first big play of the game....

rb585
12-09-2016, 08:39 PM

$6.95

This thing sucks.

SintonFan_inAustin
12-09-2016, 08:43 PM
This thing sucks.
yea same like last week it struggle early then started working ok

rb585
WOS with the first big play of the game....

I've heard that they've been hiding a power passing game all season.

Roughneck93
WOS denied on 4th and goal from the 6....

SintonFan_inAustin
12-09-2016, 08:44 PM
WOS stopped on 4th and goal from the 6

Navarro ball

SintonFan_inAustin
12-09-2016, 08:48 PM
WOS to much speed, Navarro needs to just run right at them

Roughneck93
12-09-2016, 08:50 PM
Navarro denied on 4th down from their own 41....

WOS87
12-09-2016, 08:53 PM
WOS is stopping them easily so far.

Roughneck93
12-09-2016, 08:53 PM
WOS strikes first....

SintonFan_inAustin
12-09-2016, 08:55 PM
WOS receivers block very well and speed they have also helps. looks like going to be hard to stop

Roughneck93
12-09-2016, 09:00 PM
End 1st

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161210/a450d960ce2ef6ddcab7ac62ed4dbfdb.jpg

44INAROW
12-09-2016, 09:03 PM
Is there an online broadcast for this game?

Texanlive.com. It's slow to load but we have 3 devices running it now

44INAROW
12-09-2016, 09:07 PM
WOS is stopping them easily so far.

That can't be right? J/k.

Roughneck93
12-09-2016, 09:08 PM
WOS is too much....

WOS87
12-09-2016, 09:09 PM
Wos 21-0

WOS87
12-09-2016, 09:16 PM
Sweetwater leading Gilmer?

SintonFan_inAustin
12-09-2016, 09:16 PM
Wos 21-0
Slot T looking ugly against WOS

FB-fanatic
12-09-2016, 09:23 PM
Sweetwater 36-21 half.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Roughneck93
12-09-2016, 09:26 PM
I'd stop kicking to #4....

44INAROW
12-09-2016, 09:38 PM
Slot T looking ugly against WOS

Dang, at least Cuero gave WOS a game. I've deleted 5 of my own posts. They can throw those flags all night, not gonna help.

SintonFan_inAustin
12-09-2016, 09:40 PM
I'd stop kicking to #4....
LOL they still punt to him again, man the kid is explosive

Roughneck93
12-09-2016, 09:40 PM
#4...Wow

Old Green
12-09-2016, 09:42 PM
Slot T looking ugly against WOSI think the Panthers are the 9th Slot-T team the Mustangs have played. I imagine they have seen just about every variation.

Roughneck93
12-09-2016, 09:51 PM
Half

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161210/08fc274e57bcaad44984d2b56887c5d4.jpg

XX Man
12-09-2016, 09:53 PM
35 - 0 Half time

Saggy Aggie
12-09-2016, 09:57 PM
WOS by 21+

Saggy Aggie
12-09-2016, 09:57 PM
Lol....

If WOS wins by less than 28 I'll be shocked

Saggy Aggie
12-09-2016, 09:58 PM

Navarro wins big.

Saggy Aggie
12-09-2016, 09:59 PM
WOS by 42 Region III vs Region IV

It is like a greyhound vs a wiener dog.

Saggy Aggie
12-09-2016, 10:00 PM
WOS will shut them out

Saggy Aggie
12-09-2016, 10:01 PM

rb585
12-09-2016, 10:03 PM
Your inability to understand satire/trolling is the only thing you're showing off, Saggy.

SintonFan_inAustin
12-09-2016, 10:04 PM
Navarro is very good they just ran into a team that seen that offense game after game like Old Green mention. Then you still have WOS offense to stop and special teams.

Saggy Aggie
12-09-2016, 10:05 PM
Your inability to understand satire/trolling is the only thing you're showing off, Saggy.

Lol, okay bud.....

Tejastrue
12-09-2016, 10:17 PM
Navarro looks a bit star struck. They can play much better than they have shown. I think pride will set in and we'll see some improvement in the 2nd half. WOS living up to the hype. Very impressed.

XX Man
12-09-2016, 10:19 PM
I bet you could hear a pin drop on the Navarro side, if it wasn't for the groans...........

rb585
12-09-2016, 10:27 PM
Lol, okay bud.....

http://bbs.texasdownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?130582-West-Orange-Stark-(14-0)-vs-Navarro-(14-0)-12-9-NRG-Stadium-7-30pm-Houston/page9&p=1917316#post1917316

Do you understand that?

Saggy Aggie
12-09-2016, 10:30 PM
http://bbs.texasdownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?130582-West-Orange-Stark-(14-0)-vs-Navarro-(14-0)-12-9-NRG-Stadium-7-30pm-Houston/page9&p=1917316#post1917316

Do you understand that?

Never made it that far in the thread. good for you, you're not an idiot after all

Roughneck93
12-09-2016, 10:31 PM
Navarro on the board....

Roughneck93
12-09-2016, 10:32 PM
And they recover the onside kick.

rb585
12-09-2016, 10:34 PM
Never made it that far in the thread. good for you, you're not an idiot after all

It's hard to read quickly when you still have to sound out every word.

Saggy Aggie
12-09-2016, 10:43 PM
It's hard to read quickly when you still have to sound out every word.

How bad did Navarro beat wimberley again?

Roughneck93
12-09-2016, 10:45 PM
End 3rd

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161210/c95c9c039a719eeaa88b24e7c6184bd6.jpg

Old Green
12-09-2016, 10:48 PM
Mustangs have had 3 TD's called back.

44INAROW
12-09-2016, 11:03 PM
Mustangs have had 3 TD's called back.

Mercy...... I'd be curious their average penalty yardage? These announcers on Texan Live broadcast are a hoot. The WOS fans need to listen to the broadcast lol.

XX Man
12-09-2016, 11:09 PM
Those zebras are making a lot of really marginal calls, that should not have been made. such as the facemask. I have seen a facemask call on both sides, and neither one should have been called. Yeah, the facemask was TOUCHED, but just barely at that.

Old Green
12-09-2016, 11:10 PM
Mercy...... I'd be curious their average penalty yardage? These announcers on Texan Live broadcast are a hoot. The WOS fans need to listen to the broadcast lol.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkWOS has over 100 yards in penalties

XX Man
12-09-2016, 11:12 PM
WOS TD

WOS 49

Navarro 7

Dogs_21
12-09-2016, 11:13 PM
This game could have been 70-7 if those 3 TD's weren't called back. ouchhh

Roughneck93
12-09-2016, 11:17 PM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161210/0ac7fcdb08467e1b26c9e6a5d2c8b140.jpg

rb585
12-09-2016, 11:17 PM
How bad did Navarro beat wimberley again?

Such a sick burn. Pat yourself on the back for me.

Roughneck93
12-09-2016, 11:19 PM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161210/72c5b311751e918c4f50f1a944ee6367.jpg

rb585
12-09-2016, 11:21 PM
That game will be as ugly as this one.