PDA

View Full Version : lostaussie and bobcat1

DaHop72
12-02-2016, 06:29 PM
1048. Do you like this aussie? Krum, I don't think so bobcat. :wave:

WOS87
12-02-2016, 06:50 PM
Don't get them riled up please. Also please do! You decide which is sarcastic and which is true.:)

bobcat1
12-02-2016, 07:00 PM
Krum is no Celina and Mustangs or Tiggers are no Buckeyes. :wave: Ever Since Celina took care of the tiggers in Abilene the only thing they were known for was ankle twisting poor Loins from Brownwoodie

WOS87
12-02-2016, 07:11 PM
You're the new William Faulkner

bobcat1
12-02-2016, 09:54 PM
You're the new William FaulknerWho is that? That Mississipi Guy?

DaHop72
12-09-2016, 11:03 PM
Krum is no Celina and Mustangs or Tiggers are no Buckeyes. :wave: Ever Since Celina took care of the tiggers in Abilene the only thing they were known for was ankle twisting poor Loins from Brownwoodie. I guess you were right, Sweetwater wasn't no Buckeyes but they were Mustangs!!!!!!!:2thumbsup

d0tc0m
12-09-2016, 11:10 PM
You're the new William Faulkner

A fine complement.

bobcat1
12-09-2016, 11:30 PM
. I guess you were right, Sweetwater wasn't no Buckeyes but they were Mustangs!!!!!!!:2thumbsup
Haha! Made a believer out of me. Congrats Mustangs. Great Season Buckeyes!

bobcat1
12-09-2016, 11:36 PM
Have the Sweetwater Mustangs ever lost to Mustangs before? Have they ever won it all?? Not being a smart arse. I truly do not know. I will pulling for Sweetwater in the finals!

DaHop72
12-09-2016, 11:46 PM
Have the Sweetwater Mustangs ever lost to Mustangs before? Have they ever won it all?? Not being a smart arse. I truly do not know. I will pulling for Sweetwater in the finals!
I know,they have played Andrews through the years, probably lost to them at some point. Won state in 1985.

bobcat1
12-10-2016, 06:26 AM
I know,they have played Andrews through the years, probably lost to them at some point. Won state in 1985.
31 years is way too long. Kinda like Wolfe Brand Chili. No better time than the present!

lostaussie
12-10-2016, 10:27 AM

:D Them boys got us and they got us good!!! No excuses from me. They thoroughly outplayed us and I won't got so far to say outcoached us, but I will say we had been well scouted. Big congratulations to To Sweetwater and their kids and fans.

buckeyebob
12-10-2016, 11:29 AM
:D Them boys got us and they got us good!!! No excuses from me. They thoroughly outplayed us and I won't got so far to say outcoached us, but I will say we had been well scouted. Big congratulations to To Sweetwater and their kids and fans.

Very well said...congratulations to Sweetwater.

Next year

waterboy
12-10-2016, 02:04 PM

Okay, then, I'll say it...their coaching staff outcoached ours, especially their offensive coordinator against our defensive coordinator. When Gilmer loses, that usually has a lot to do with it. You can flog me now. :D

d0tc0m
12-10-2016, 02:07 PM
Okay, then, I'll say it...their coaching staff outcoached ours, especially their offensive coordinator against our defensive coordinator. When Gilmer loses, that usually has a lot to do with it. You can flog me now. :D

You guys have a different perspective than me, because I only listened to the game, didn't see it live. But I'd say Sweetwater outplayed, outexecuted and outcoached Gilmer in every phase of the game.

lostaussie
12-10-2016, 04:01 PM
I don't like to say outcoached because it sounds like an excuse. I'm not throwing rocks because we lost a football game. What I didn't understand is those guys had 8 guys dropped back in coverage and we completely we away from the run.
On another note, as I sat in the stands, we had been thoroughly outplayed, yet at one point we had it back to 42-35 with 11 minutes to go. We stopped them for a short gain on first down, and on second down got a huge defensive play for a loss. Instead of having 3rd and long with a chance to get the ball back and tie, we get a stupid personal foul, that gives them a new set of downs. We never recovered from that one play.

waterboy
12-10-2016, 04:24 PM
You guys have a different perspective than me, because I only listened to the game, didn't see it live. But I'd say Sweetwater outplayed, outexecuted and outcoached Gilmer in every phase of the game.

That's obvious. Sweetwater definitely outplayed, outexecuted, and outcoached us. It is what it is, and I make no bones about it. Sweetwater was the better team last night and that's all that matters.

I won't make excuses. I do, however, wish we had a better defense. We should with the talent we have year in and year out.

lostaussie
12-10-2016, 04:45 PM
That's obvious. Sweetwater definitely outplayed, outexecuted, and outcoached us. It is what it is, and I make no bones about it. Sweetwater was the better team last night and that's all that matters.

I won't make excuses. I do, however, wish we had a better defense. We should with the talent we have year in and year out.

Our JV kids that are coming up have never lost. Actually beat Longview and Marshall this year. The Buckeyes will be players at least for the next couple of years. Bummer to lose , as always, but lots to be excited about.

waterboy
12-10-2016, 11:21 PM
Our JV kids that are coming up have never lost. Actually beat Longview and Marshall this year. The Buckeyes will be players at least for the next couple of years. Bummer to lose , as always, but lots to be excited about.

Yep. We will be in the mix every year for sure. I just feel like we could be so much better if we can fix our defensive woes. I also feel like we have enough talent to have a shut down defense most years. Not many schools our size have as much D1 talent as we've been blessed with year in and year out. I have always felt we can do better on defense. Sometimes the other team is just better. It happens.

DaHop72
12-13-2016, 04:23 PM
I was wondering if you liked my shirt.:)

lostaussie
12-13-2016, 04:50 PM
I was wondering if you liked my shirt.:)

I like everything orange that says Buckeyes on it. I thought that went without saying!!! Lol

XX Man
12-14-2016, 03:23 AM

You like to pull for the losers, don't you?

XX Man
12-14-2016, 03:24 AM
And unless it is recent, there is no D1 talent at WOS. SO, what does that say?

XX Man
12-14-2016, 03:25 AM
Waterboy, Your defense cannot guard receivers from 8 ft away. That killed yall.

waterboy
12-14-2016, 10:04 AM
Waterboy, Your defense cannot guard receivers from 8 ft away. That killed yall.

NO KIDDING!! I have NEVER liked our defensive scheme. I'm not a coach, however, and our DC has won 3 rings, so he will keep his job as long as he wants it. I've always thought we could be so much better on that side of the ball.

bobcat1
12-14-2016, 06:15 PM
You like to pull for the losers, don't you?
Nope. Got friends there. I like good games. Everyone "Knows" WOS is the bees knees in all of Texas Football. No other team in the State can beat them, Right?

It's like this I rooted for Gilemr because they beat us. Sweetwater beat Gilmer So I root for them. Just how I was brought up. Root for them that took you out.

DaHop72
12-14-2016, 07:42 PM
Nope. Got friends there. I like good games. Everyone "Knows" WOS is the bees knees in all of Texas Football. No other team in the State can beat them, Right?

It's like this I rooted for Gilemr because they beat us. Sweetwater beat Gilmer So I root for them. Just how I was brought up. Root for them that took you out.Those that were never involved in all the meet and greets that have taken place through the years will never understand. And other than people like you, aussie, Stang Red and injured could never handle my Sunday fivesome either.:2thumbsup:

bobcat1
12-14-2016, 07:44 PM
Maybe you could teach me to play. Y'all don't gamble do you?

DaHop72
12-14-2016, 07:53 PM
Maybe you could teach me to play. Y'all don't gamble do you?
We have what we call the bogey fund, penalized for bad play. When it gets enough in the fund we all go out and eat and take the wives, they encourage us to go out and play badly.:foul:

bobcat1
12-14-2016, 09:08 PM
We have what we call the bogey fund, penalized for bad play. When it gets enough in the fund we all go out and eat and take the wives, they encourage us to go out and play badly.:foul:

:spitlol:Wished I lived out there and was in that group. 2 of my old golfing buddies are playing perfect rounds in heaven now.

lostaussie
12-14-2016, 10:13 PM
You know what they say.........I'd rather gamble and lose, than not gamble at all:D