PDA

View Full Version : Celina vs. Gilmer Pay Per View

sportsgram
11-28-2016, 02:23 PM
Today Sportsgram announced we have purchased the rights to video broadcast the Celina vs. Gilmer game on Friday. This will be a multi-camera video broadcast with score graphics, instant replay etc.
The cost will be $6.95.

Note: The broadcast will require a broadband connection with at least 3mbps of download speed to have a good viewing experience. You can test your download speed at speedtest. net. Best to do several and take the average download speed as your number.

lostaussie
11-28-2016, 03:05 PM
Have you guys had good luck with this in the past?

sportsgram
11-28-2016, 03:24 PM
Good luck in what way? With the broadcast? Watching? We stream it at 2Mbps to get the best picture we can, so that is the reason for ensuring you have a good download speed. We have a archive of the Argyle vs. Abilene Wylie from 2015 that is available to watch to see our coverage. It was before we went to full HD cameras and had invested in our Instant Replay controller. The audio is provided on this one by the Argyle radio crew who is on our network. Here is the link:

http://www.meridix.com/mbp/football/index.php?liveid=Sportsgram10&recordid=86034&event_position=&event_type=football

d0tc0m
11-28-2016, 03:36 PM
Good luck in what way? With the broadcast? Watching? We stream it at 2Mbps to get the best picture we can, so that is the reason for ensuring you have a good download speed. We have a archive of the Argyle vs. Abilene Wylie from 2015 that is available to watch to see our coverage. It was before we went to full HD cameras and had invested in our Instant Replay controller. The audio is provided on this one by the Argyle radio crew who is on our network. Here is the link:

http://www.meridix.com/mbp/football/index.php?liveid=Sportsgram10&recordid=86034&event_position=&event_type=football

Hopefully it's better than the broadcast from last year's Celina/Gilmer game.

Who will do the play-by-play for this year's matchup, sportsgram? I know the Gilmer folks did it last year, and I thought they did a fine job. It was full of homerism, for sure, but I don't mind that at all, I want my small-town broadcasters to be big homers.

lostaussie
11-28-2016, 03:55 PM

I didn't mean any disrespect to your company. I personally have never watched one of these.......but I have heard horror stories from some that have tried. That was all I was asking. I would be at the game. But my Dad might like to watch.

sportsgram
11-28-2016, 04:08 PM
Let me be clear, I did not take any offense at all. Good question to ask. We think for what we are doing it si worth the $6.95 if you can't make the game. We roll out a crew of 8 to get it on the air, so it is no small task. We try to make it as much like a big network production as we can.
I sent the link so others could get an idea of what they are getting for the $6.95.

Should be a good game!

d0tc0m
11-28-2016, 04:09 PM
Let me be clear, I did not take any offense at all. Good question to ask. We think for what we are doing it si worth the $6.95 if you can't make the game. We roll out a crew of 8 to get it on the air, so it is no small task. We try to make it as much like a big network production as we can.
I sent the link so others could get an idea of what they are getting for the $6.95.

Should be a good game!

I'll be a customer, for sure. Last year's broadcast was $10, if I remember correctly, and it wasn't working properly until about the second quarter, and it never worked smoothly or with anything resembling quality.

I'll ask this question again, though, who will be doing the play-by-play?

sportsgram
11-28-2016, 04:13 PM
It was another company doing last year. This is our first one with Celina and Gilmer. Play by Play will be Ryan Castle and David Griffin will be his partner. Here is a link to some of Ryan's PBP work. This is Audio Only from the Regular Season.

http://www.meridix.com/mbp/football/index.php?liveid=Sportsgram4&recordid=102194&event_position=&event_type=football

sportsgram
11-28-2016, 04:44 PM
Last year's broadcast was on NFHS Network. We are not using them for any content delivery.

d0tc0m
11-28-2016, 06:30 PM
Last year's broadcast was on NFHS Network. We are not using them for any content delivery.

Yeah if it was with that group again, I'd politely say no thanks. I like the looks of yalls broadcast, so I'll happily pay the $6.95.

sportsgram
11-28-2016, 06:55 PM
Yeah if it was with that group again, I'd politely say no thanks. I like the looks of yalls broadcast, so I'll happily pay the $6.95.

Thanks. Make sure you test your download speed a few times before Friday night. Want to make sure you have the best possible viewing experience.

bobcat1
11-28-2016, 10:07 PM

http://www.meridix.com/mbp/football/index.php?liveid=Sportsgram10&recordid=86034&event_position=&event_type=footballIf I can't make the game you will be getting 6.95 of my money. I have 50 mbps. Feed looks awesome. Ryan sounds great too. I may have met him once before. Has he always done Lovejoy games?

sportsgram
11-28-2016, 10:58 PM
If I can't make the game you will be getting 6.95 of my money. I have 50 mbps. Feed looks awesome. Ryan sounds great too. I may have met him once before. Has he always done Lovejoy games?

He has indeed. He does some fill work at KEOM 88.5 FM as well. The kid started with us a a Jr. in HS and is one of those guys that is just natural at it. As Jr in HS he was doing some baseball for us on his own!

He's now 24, married, teaching Math at a local HS and has a son of his own. Great young man.

Glad you liked our feed. We are trying to improve each time out.

bobcat1
11-28-2016, 11:38 PM
Well then I met him in the broadcast booth in Denton at a Celina Lovejoy game. I was there as a guest of the broadcast team from Celina. He a good young man for sure. Sounds like he has gotten a lot better too.

sportsgram
11-29-2016, 02:25 PM
Well then I met him in the broadcast booth in Denton at a Celina Lovejoy game. I was there as a guest of the broadcast team from Celina. He a good young man for sure. Sounds like he has gotten a lot better too.

Thanks! Appreciate the kind comments.

coach
11-29-2016, 02:40 PM
$7 for high school football? **** lol. That should be illegal.

pirate4state
11-29-2016, 02:54 PM

Will y'all have this game available in archive?

sportsgram
11-29-2016, 03:29 PM
We will. Cost is the same but provides unlimited access.

pirate4state
11-29-2016, 03:35 PM
We will. Cost is the same but provides unlimited access.

great! thanks!

sportsgram
11-29-2016, 03:54 PM
Your welcome!

sportsgram
12-01-2016, 12:41 PM
Graphics are loaded and we are ready to head to setup on Friday afternoon! Should be a fun game to watch and produce!

bobcat1
12-02-2016, 06:27 PM
Graphics are loaded and we are ready to head to setup on Friday afternoon! Should be a fun game to watch and produce!
When can we purchase the game?? What time??

pirate4state
12-02-2016, 07:31 PM
nvm....I see the link in the other thread. Bobcat looks like 7p is when we can login to purchase the game.

sportsgram
12-02-2016, 07:46 PM
Sorry guys, been busy setting up. Yes the event will be active at 7:00 . We go live at 7:20 for pregame.

bobcat1
12-02-2016, 08:10 PM
I'm in

bobcat1
12-02-2016, 08:17 PM
http://webca.st/109648

pirate4state
12-02-2016, 10:37 PM
Broadcast has been freezing a lot...haven't really been able to watch much of the 3Q smh

XX Man
12-02-2016, 11:06 PM
Cheaper than driving all the way there, plus paying the entry fee.

bobcat1
12-02-2016, 11:11 PM
The Lovejoy Ex was very giddy with Gilmer thumping Celina. Wish I would have muted it. Video was great though!

sportsgram
12-03-2016, 12:35 AM
The Lovejoy Ex was very giddy with Gilmer thumping Celina. Wish I would have muted it. Video was great though!

Thanks for watching.

We'll have to agree to disagree as it were on the commentators,.

I did not think either one was giddy for one team or the other. Thought they treated both teams with the respect they deserved. They are both fine teams who continue their well establish traditions of winning.

bobcat1
12-03-2016, 08:00 AM
nm ....

buckeyebob
12-03-2016, 11:05 AM
Thanks for watching.

We'll have to agree to disagree as it were on the commentators,.

I did not think either one was giddy for one team or the other. Thought they treated both teams with the respect they deserved. They are both fine teams who continue their well establish traditions of winning.

We are never treated with respect...the elegit stepchild...slow country bumpkins