PDA

View Full Version : Man, I love this time of the season!

slingshot
11-27-2016, 08:20 PM
Regional Finals! Old foes squaring off! Weather cooling off--great football weather! Gets tougher every week! Us "old guys that can't do it any more" (famous quote from my then teenage son and his friend who stopped and looked over my shoulder while I was on the Downlow, circa 2008 before laughing and walking off on their way to football practice) getting fired up and talking smack!

LionFan72
11-28-2016, 12:13 PM
Love me some High School Playoffs, no finer sport in the world. The competition is level, the players pure, and the atmosphere is alive and jumping! Win or lose, it is an experience for every young man playing. Good luck to all, please no injuries, and safe travels to all good folks. Just remember, it is a game, win or lose, do so graciously and with respect, both have been earned!

d0tc0m
11-28-2016, 12:19 PM
Love me some High School Playoffs, no finer sport in the world. The competition is level, the players pure, and the atmosphere is alive and jumping! Win or lose, it is an experience for every young man playing. Good luck to all, please no injuries, and safe travels to all good folks. Just remember, it is a game, win or lose, do so graciously and with respect, both have been earned!

So many great memories of December football, both as a player and as a fan. Not to mention the traffic on here really picks up at this point of the season. Lots of great memories of the 3ADL chat room on a lot of late Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights back in the heyday of message boards. It truly is a wonderful time of year!

LionFan72
11-28-2016, 12:41 PM
Sorry, but I left out the Bands, cheerleaders, boosters, and all involved. It is Pre-Christmas for all of us ole leatherheads!!