mwrams
11-27-2016, 02:30 PM
Having played both....Van by a bunch...

WOS87
11-27-2016, 03:10 PM
Didn't Kennedale beat Terrell? The only team Van lost to

lostaussie
11-27-2016, 03:21 PM
Van did lose to Terrel and I'm not making excuses for them........but their spot in district was secure and they MAY have protected some kids to make sure all were healthy for playoffs. I could very easily seen Kennedale winning this game and I believe they are 3 point favs. Kennedale played WOS as well as anyone this year so they might be the second best team in the state.

slingshot
11-27-2016, 06:44 PM
So does Van have that "East Texas Speed"?

Dawgs
11-27-2016, 08:34 PM

Well not really. I have been trying to figure out if they are for real all season. They are in the regional final, so I have to assume they are. But to answer your question, no they are not considered an ETX speed demon! Wait a minute and I'll give you a lesson.

lostaussie
11-27-2016, 08:34 PM

Naaaa........they have Dairy Queen

Dawgs
11-27-2016, 08:36 PM
Them Van boys are pretty far west for my liking. If they win this game I guess we will claim them!!

hollywood
11-27-2016, 09:07 PM
Them Van boys are pretty far west for my liking. If they win this game I guess we will claim them!!

Lol, far west?! It must be hard getting out of the big thicket these days.

Dawgs
11-27-2016, 09:19 PM
Van might as well be in West Texas.

Question, how do you upload a picture from your desktop? I cant figure out how to post a picture that is not on the web.

WOS87
11-27-2016, 09:24 PM
Another question... How do you solve a problem like Maria?

ccmom
11-27-2016, 09:30 PM

:clap: :clap:

bobcat1
11-27-2016, 10:29 PM
I got Van in this one.

Dawgs
11-27-2016, 10:34 PM
I guess that one is over my head...

slingshot
11-27-2016, 11:57 PM
Van might as well be in West Texas.

Question, how do you upload a picture from your desktop? I cant figure out how to post a picture that is not on the web.Upload your pictures from your computer to one of the free hosting sites like Photo Bucket then you can post them wherever...
www.photobucket.com

LionFan72
11-28-2016, 10:09 AM
I'm taking Van in a squeaker, 17+.

OldNavy
11-28-2016, 02:41 PM
Qw 6

Txbroadcaster
11-28-2016, 02:46 PM
Van did lose to Terrel and I'm not making excuses for them........but their spot in district was secure and they MAY have protected some kids to make sure all were healthy for playoffs. I could very easily seen Kennedale winning this game and I believe they are 3 point favs. Kennedale played WOS as well as anyone this year so they might be the second best team in the state.

No it was not..Terrell could have won the district championship by point spread. The only time Van showed they were playing that way was on last drive at own 2 yard line instead of trying to drive for the win, they played safe and ran the clock out. Rest of that game was a full on slobberknocker

toddg
11-28-2016, 03:34 PM
No it was not..Terrell could have won the district championship by point spread. The only time Van showed they were playing that way was on last drive at own 2 yard line instead of trying to drive for the win, they played safe and ran the clock out. Rest of that game was a full on slobberknocker
kennedale offensive scheme and execution way better than terrells..defense better too

Txbroadcaster
11-28-2016, 03:39 PM
kennedale offensive scheme and execution way better than terrells..defense better too

More about match ups IMO...Kennedale has struggled against teams that can run and pass.

toddg
11-28-2016, 03:47 PM
More about match ups IMO...Kennedale has struggled against teams that can run and pass.may be right on that..Van will struggle against the wildcat O as well

slingshot
11-28-2016, 03:48 PM
This should be a great game... wish I could come watch but think I'll be busy elsewhere!

Txbroadcaster
11-28-2016, 04:05 PM
may be right on that..Van will struggle against the wildcat O as well

IMO that is where game is decided..Van has been pretty solid on D this season and I am curious to see this match up

King-Kat
11-28-2016, 09:24 PM
Well in honesty, I know nothing about VAN except a little research I have done. I do know this years KENNEDALE team is not the finesse team of the past several years. They are indeed fast, but not like previous years, they are a scrappy and VERY physical bunch, they will not be pushed around. As usual they are pretty much a 95% run team...maybe even more...Coaches feel like..here is what we do, stop us if you can...an earlier post post stated something about Kennedale not being able to stop the run or pass....fact of the matter, not many can run on Kennedale, most yards are made with passing against them. I do not use common opponents for anything except amusement, means not much. Everyone thinks Kennedale runs a straight Wing-T...that is their base..it is a modified T and they have even reun some this year out of an I and a wishbone. Coach Barrett is a genius when it comes to his complicated offensive scheme, very hard to defend. Size wise they look pretty even, speed, well I saw their QB on some good runs against Princeton but they were a poor defense so I could not say with any certainty. I expect what a Texas 4th round game should be....a hard fought battle between to very good and talented teams. I am not a homer, but I also believe neither team will run away with a win....I do know Kennedale has had major improvement since early in the season and I am sure VAN has. As with strength of schedule I have to favor Kennedale......This game goes either way, but I expect an offensive show from both with the winner winning by no more than 7...........any rebuttal or thoughts?

WOS87
11-28-2016, 09:48 PM
WOS has seen you in person and is pulling for you. Good luck! We'll see you next year with a much younger team.

I'm all for playing against your weakness in predistrict unlike some others.

83Indian
11-30-2016, 01:53 AM
This game will be decided by the Kennedale defense. A low scoring game will bold well for the cats. This far in the playoffs you won't run over Van like the Heritage game. Van will need to execute in the passing game to take this one. I like the cats in this game. They have been getting better as the season has progressed. Kennedale also has a very good kicker which coukd make the difference.Cats win 24 to 21.

Also still have not got over the Indians loss to Paris. I really though we had a shot to still be playing.

Good luck to both teams.

toddg
11-30-2016, 02:19 PM
This game will be decided by the Kennedale defense. A low scoring game will bold well for the cats. This far in the playoffs you won't run over Van like the Heritage game. Van will need to execute in the passing game to take this one. I like the cats in this game. They have been getting better as the season has progressed. Kennedale also has a very good kicker which coukd make the difference.Cats win 24 to 21.

Also still have not got over the Indians loss to Paris. I really though we had a shot to still be playing.

Good luck to both teams.i thought so too..the turnovers caught up to us..smh..theres always next year, and we will be solid

regaleagle
12-01-2016, 01:17 AM
Kennedale has been knocking on this door now for several years, and I believe this time they will kick it in!! It's a team attitude thing and a carry-over thing......kinda like Wylie against Argyle this year. They will want this one very, very badly and have the players in place to do it. I got Kennedale in this one.......it's been brewing inside them for awhile.

King-Kat
12-01-2016, 02:14 AM
Class act man...Thanks!

WOS has seen you in person and is pulling for you. Good luck! We'll see you next year with a much younger team.

I'm all for playing against your weakness in predistrict unlike some others.

bleedgreen
12-02-2016, 04:27 PM
AS the game progresses and Kennedale figures out Van's offense, van's qb will be running for his life just like the other passing teams that Kennedale has faced. Kennedale is very physical this year.

83Indian
12-02-2016, 11:30 PM
Congrats Kennedale. Bring it home!

bleedgreen
12-03-2016, 12:49 AM
I can't tell you how proud I am of the Wildcat's come-from-behind win. That opening 84 yard drive in the 3rd quarter brought confidence to the team and they rode the momentum with 27 unanswered points until just a few minutes to play. Kennedale made history tonight with it's first region win in football. I'm not looking forward to playing in Wichita Falls but it's great just to be play in the semi's. Good luck team Green and may the ball always bounce in your favor.

ccmom
12-03-2016, 01:00 AM
What a great comeback! Congrats Kennedale!!

Are you sure it's in WF? Canadian and Gunter play there Friday night. Just curious but we will all know for sure shortly. Looking forward to a great game between the Wildcats and the Bulldogs!!!

bleedgreen
12-03-2016, 09:59 AM
oops! 2 newspapers said WF but it will be in Birdville Friday night ac cording to UIL.

lostaussie
12-03-2016, 10:12 AM
oops! 2 newspapers said WF but it will be in Birdville Friday night ac cording to UIL.

Birdville is a great venue to play in

slingshot
12-03-2016, 12:11 PM
Sure seems like Birdville is a lot closer for Kennedale...

lostaussie
12-03-2016, 12:27 PM
Sure seems like Birdville is a lot closer for Kennedale...

"Seems". Lol