PDA

View Full Version : Wylie vs Levelland--Region I, Division I Final Friday @ 7:30 at San Angelo...

slingshot
11-26-2016, 08:30 PM
Fascinating game. The highest scoring, top offense in DI vs arguably (no argument in my mind) the best defense in DI. Texas Tech style 'Air Raid' passing attack that puts up 60 a game routinely vs a big, fast defense that will create havoc in your offensive game plan.
Rematch of last year's Region I championship that Wylie dominated--strong revenge factor for Levellland, is Wylie going to have a let down after the huge emotional win over Argyle? Will the (reportedly OK State-bound) stud QB with 4000 yards passing and Lord knows how many TD's torch Wylie's somewhat depleted DB's? Will Wylie rush for 300+ yards and control the game?

The classic "Irresistable Force vs The Immovable Object" matchup. Should be a fun one to watch!

Eagle Nation
11-26-2016, 08:58 PM
I'll go Wylie since they were the true favorites of Reg 1. AW just doesn't need to fall into to the trap (this past week's game). They need to focus on this week's game and not let the Argyle game be their state championship game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WOS87
11-26-2016, 09:02 PM
Levelland 83 Wylie 84

wyliefan
11-26-2016, 09:12 PM
Wylie will be the "vistor". Wylie I am sure will give up some yards, but the coaching staff always comes up with a great game plan each week. When teams are one dimensional Wylie will generally shut them down. It will be important for the D-line to get pressure so the other 7 can be in pass defense. I would guess Levelland has not played a team with the speed of the Wylie D. Additionally, the Levelland D appears to be their weakness and the Wylie O must continue to sustain drives and minimize mistakes.

We have beat Levelland the last two years in Midland, interesting that this game is in San Angelo, much closer to Abilene. Safe travels for both teams and good luck.

hollywood
11-26-2016, 09:18 PM
Abilene Wylie should win this game by 21+. The question is, and slingshot touched on it, will AW fall into the trap of an emotional win against Argyle or keep the hammer down on their ultimate goal... a State Championship appearance. I will not be surprised to see Levelland give Wylie a good game. Maybe even an upset if the stars align. The Lobo offense appears to be hitting on all cylinders at the right time of the season. Revert back to 2012 Wylie vs Stephenville. Wylie was playing some great defense that year as well. All we heard was how they would shut down Stephenville's explosive offense. It was a great first half until the flood gates opened. It could happen. I'm pulling for Wylie of course and think they will win. But again, would not be surprised to see Levelland with an upset.

slingshot
11-26-2016, 09:33 PM
Abilene Wylie should win this game by 21+. The question is, and slingshot touched on it, will AW fall into the trap of an emotional win against Argyle or keep the hammer down on their ultimate goal... a State Championship appearance. I will not be surprised to see Levelland give Wylie a good game. Maybe even an upset if the stars align. The Lobo offense appears to be hitting on all cylinders at the right time of the season. Revert back to 2012 Wylie vs Stephenville. Wylie was playing some great defense that year as well. All we heard was how they would shut down Stephenville's explosive offense. It was a great first half until the flood gates opened. It could happen. I'm pulling for Wylie of course and think they will win. But again, would not be surprised to see Levelland with an upset.Good points all, but... Levelland is no 2012 Stephenville. That team was fantastic on offense and defense. Levelland looks to be fantastic on offense, on defense? Meh. Wylie is much healthier this year than the 2012 game--we had 7 starters on the sideline in street clothes (including 4 O-linemen) for that game and lost 2 more during the game--just too much to overcome against a juggernaut like that Jackets team. This year we have one starter out for the season and several dinged up but playing (like everyone else at this point of the season).
We also have a dual threat QB in Smith that can hurt you with his legs or his arm--very dangerous in the option pitch and read option yet can still drop back or roll out and pass when needed. Has sneaky speed--one of those kids who doesn't look like he's running hard then you just see him pulling away from everybody. Brooks Pepper is a very dangerous back--majority of his yards come after initial contact and has very good speed for a 6'0", 190 lb RB. O-line has really benefitted from having a healthy Kade Parmelly back--kid is a beast! 6'5", 275 lbs and has excellent speed for downfield blocking... an outside linebacker's nightmare.
Our defense is a whole other story! :evilgrin:

toddg
11-26-2016, 11:08 PM
I think AW will prove to be the proverbial brick wall this week

Eagle Nation
11-27-2016, 12:17 AM
Once again Wylie is the favorite of Reg 1. Wylie has the players to win and they are hard to defend.
Argyle had a decent defense and had trouble. That was the main reason Wylie didn't score more.

Wylie by 10+

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PurplePop
11-27-2016, 12:30 PM
Big question:
Does Levelland have the O-line to give Gerber time against a great Wylie D? If so, this could be fun. If not, a snoozer.

slingshot
11-27-2016, 02:03 PM
Levelland 83 Wylie 84I see what you did there... ;)

hollywood
11-27-2016, 07:36 PM
Good points all, but... Levelland is no 2012 Stephenville. That team was fantastic on offense and defense. Levelland looks to be fantastic on offense, on defense? Meh. Wylie is much healthier this year than the 2012 game--we had 7 starters on the sideline in street clothes (including 4 O-linemen) for that game and lost 2 more during the game--just too much to overcome against a juggernaut like that Jackets team. This year we have one starter out for the season and several dinged up but playing (like everyone else at this point of the season).
We also have a dual threat QB in Smith that can hurt you with his legs or his arm--very dangerous in the option pitch and read option yet can still drop back or roll out and pass when needed. Has sneaky speed--one of those kids who doesn't look like he's running hard then you just see him pulling away from everybody. Brooks Pepper is a very dangerous back--majority of his yards come after initial contact and has very good speed for a 6'0", 190 lb RB. O-line has really benefitted from having a healthy Kade Parmelly back--kid is a beast! 6'5", 275 lbs and has excellent speed for downfield blocking... an outside linebacker's nightmare.
Our defense is a whole other story! :evilgrin:

Wylie is primed and ready, no question about that. Of course you're going to think highly of your Bulldogs sling. I would too and am impressed with their play, especially the last several games. But think back to 2012, Wylie was thought of as the regional favorite. And touting how the defense was going to be too much for Stephenville to overcome. Not saying this year's Wylie team is the same as the 2012 or that Levelland is at the same level as the 2012 Stephenville team. But the scenario this match up presents is eerily familiar.

Still think Wylie by 21+

slingshot
11-27-2016, 08:06 PM
Wylie is primed and ready, no question about that. Of course you're going to think highly of your Bulldogs sling. I would too and am impressed with their play, especially the last several games. But think back to 2012, Wylie was thought of as the regional favorite. And touting how the defense was going to be too much for Stephenville to overcome. Not saying this year's Wylie team is the same as the 2012 or that Levelland is at the same level as the 2012 Stephenville team. But the scenario this match up presents is eerily familiar.

Still think Wylie by 21+Good points. I know, I'm a homer and partial to my Bulldogs. I also know we have our weaknesses... and our strengths, most teams do (excepting maybe WOS ;)). Problem with our 2012 team was that we peaked too early--quite a few folks around here thought that. Same thing happened with our 2009 team. Both of those teams were also literally devastated with injuries. Putting my homer hat aside, this team has (knock on wood) stayed remarkably healthy and seems to be peaking at just the right time. Friday night against Argyle was the best game we've played. No turnovers, few penalties, few missed assignments, great tackling and the run game was absolutely clicking. Gotta remember--all of our skill position players were new starters this year and we only played 8 regular season games. IF (big if) we play like that we will be VERY hard to beat...

hollywood
11-27-2016, 08:26 PM
Good points. I know, I'm a homer and partial to my Bulldogs. I also know we have our weaknesses... and our strengths, most teams do (excepting maybe WOS ;)). Problem with our 2012 team was that we peaked too early--quite a few folks around here thought that. Same thing happened with our 2009 team. Both of those teams were also literally devastated with injuries. Putting my homer hat aside, this team has (knock on wood) stayed remarkably healthy and seems to be peaking at just the right time. Friday night against Argyle was the best game we've played. No turnovers, few penalties, few missed assignments, great tackling and the run game was absolutely clicking. Gotta remember--all of our skill position players were new starters this year and we only played 8 regular season games. IF (big if) we play like that we will be VERY hard to beat...

That is great to hear and definitely a bonus when a team is healthy this time in the season. And to be peaking at the right time... doesn't get much better than that. Let's hope this is Wylie's year! Would love to see y'all hoist a trophy in December. Represent District 3!

Saggy Aggie
11-27-2016, 09:38 PM
Guess it's time to find out if levelland is for real or not

ccmom
11-27-2016, 10:19 PM
Obviously Levelland has been putting up ridiculous offensive numbers. I realize that every year is a new year and Levelland might shock the heck out of me. However, I can't help but think about last year when we played them with the same QB they have this year. Final score was 61-8 and I think they had 40 something yards in the air. I'm sure they are better this year but I KNOW they haven't faced a defense like ours. I just can't imagine that Levelland is really 50 points better than last year. I'll eat crow graciously if I have to, but I'm gonna say Wylie wins by 28+.

bobcat1
11-27-2016, 10:27 PM
Obviously Levelland has been putting up ridiculous offensive numbers. I realize that every year is a new year and Levelland might shock the heck out of me. However, I can't help but think about last year when we played them with the same QB they have this year. Final score was 61-8 and I think they had 40 something yards in the air. I'm sure they are better this year but I KNOW they haven't faced a defense like ours. I just can't imagine that Levelland is really 50 points better than last year. I'll eat crow graciously if I have to, but I'm gonna say Wylie wins by 28+.I'm right there with ya ccmom! Cheers by the way!

LionFan72
11-28-2016, 10:18 AM
My dear ole bullpups are slobbering to knock off a high flying offense, I'm thinking Wylie by 28, not going to stop them all night!

LionFan72
11-28-2016, 01:02 PM
Not sure whether to drive to Angelo or Waco, would love to see both games, but already a trip to Dallas Tues-Fri morn will throw a kink in my old bones, I guess we will we flip a coin!

jason
11-28-2016, 02:06 PM
how did this game end up in san angelo?
flip for home/home with angelo as wylie's designated home?

slingshot
11-28-2016, 02:28 PM
how did this game end up in san angelo?
flip for home/home with angelo as wylie's designated home?That's what I heard...

slingshot
11-29-2016, 03:32 PM
Just looked up the LL QB's stats. 5500 yds passing and 72 TD's with only 4 int's this season alone!. That is crazy! I know he likely has not faced a defense like ours but geez... those are some crazy numbers! :eek: :thinking: :vrycnfsd:

WOS87
11-29-2016, 03:41 PM
You'll be fine. Just go back two weeks and watch WOS-Robinson. The only thing that can kill Wylie is complacency after the big win last week.

hollywood
11-29-2016, 09:53 PM
Just looked up the LL QB's stats. 5500 yds passing and 72 TD's with only 4 int's this season alone!. That is crazy! I know he likely has not faced a defense like ours but geez... those are some crazy numbers! :eek: :thinking: :vrycnfsd:

If Levelland's OL can give Gerber just 2-3 seconds, Wylie's D will have its hands full for sure. But if the Wylie D can put pressure on Gerber and not allow him to get into rhythm, game over. Should be interesting to see how this one plays out.

hollywood
11-29-2016, 10:01 PM
You'll be fine. Just go back two weeks and watch WOS-Robinson. The only thing that can kill Wylie is complacency after the big win last week.

Lol... reminds me of the 2010 season when all football references were to the mighty Lions.

slingshot
11-29-2016, 11:12 PM
Lol... reminds me of the 2010 season when all football references were to the mighty Lions.LOL, don't think we're there yet! We've been in that 'second tier' of 4ADI Football behind La Vega, China Spring, Argyle and a few others all year in most people's minds. I've been telling everyone all year our defense may be the best in the state and now seems everyone else is paying attention after they shut down a very good Argyle team for all intents and purposes. Some are suddenly putting us up on a pedestal as a championship contender based on that performance. I'm not there yet. That was indeed our most complete performance of the year but I'm not convinced we can put 4 games like that together consecutively. Based on past performance we will likely have one down game offensively with multiple turnovers. Question is, can we win at this level if we do that? Maybe, but it will be tough. IF we can string together 4 performances like that... it's possible. That's what makes these deep playoff runs so great--the teams that play to their potential and impose their will on their opponents win... those that don't get beat. Just that simple.

WOS87
11-30-2016, 12:00 AM
For the record I picked Wyile to win it all in my pick'em bracket.

briandumith*
11-30-2016, 07:22 PM
I haven't seen Levelland but have followed them with this playoff run. The Decatur game was Crazy-Nutz for sure. Cant see them beating the machine that is Wylie at this point. I was at the round 1 game against Hirschi. The D-Line is unbelievable. They are just GREAT! I think that was the main reason they beat Argyle. I also think that is the reason they will win this game and probably two more..

slingshot
11-30-2016, 08:21 PM
I haven't seen Levelland but have followed them with this playoff run. The Decatur game was Crazy-Nutz for sure. Cant see them beating the machine that is Wylie at this point. I was at the round 1 game against Hirschi. The D-Line is unbelievable. They are just GREAT! I think that was the main reason they beat Argyle. I also think that is the reason they will win this game and probably two more..Hope you're right. I know people on here are sick and tired of me rambling about Dion Novil (#89--plays NG or DT depending on the set)... but this kid is like a faster version of Dustin McWhorter (sp?) from Graham a couple years ago. 6'4", 260 lbs, strong as an ox and can really move for a big man. Basically unblockable by one person. He tore up the Argyle O-line and they were big and good. Lived in the offensive backfield all night. If this kid is not playing at a good D1 program next year it is a crying shame. Very humble and polite off the field and a very good student to boot. One of the Argyle assistants told me after the game he was the best D-lineman they had played in the last few years (and they have probably played some darned good ones). This kid should be 1st All State, no matter his stats...

briandumith*
11-30-2016, 08:30 PM
Hope you're right. I know people on here are sick and tired of me rambling about Dion Novil (#89--plays NG or DT depending on the set)... but this kid is like a faster version of Dustin McWhorter (sp?) from Graham a couple years ago. 6'4", 260 lbs, strong as an ox and can really move for a big man. Basically unblockable by one person. He tore up the Argyle O-line and they were big and good. Lived in the offensive backfield all night. If this kid is not playing at a good D1 program next year it is a crying shame. Very humble and polite off the field and a very good student to boot. One of the Argyle assistants told me after the game he was the best D-lineman they had played in the last few years (and they have probably played some darned good ones). This kid should be 1st All State, no matter his stats...
If he doesn't have any offers yet. I am sure that he will after this run. He is such a force. I just can't see that talent ending this year.
I was listening to the game last week online. The Argyle radio guys metioned something about Southern Missouri??? I had not heard that before...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

slingshot
12-01-2016, 12:23 AM
*n/m*

regaleagle
12-01-2016, 12:43 AM
Ahem.......Uhhh, somewhere down the line I think most football enthusiasts agree that great defenses trump(pardon the pun) great offenses. Furthermore, I believe we see this same exact situation play out each season in Texas high school football....for the most part. Even a team with a great offense rarely defeats a team with a great defense unless that team has an equally great defense also. I seriously doubt you will find Levelland's defense to be anywhere close to that of Wylie's......or even Argyle's.....or Brownwood's.....or any other pretty good defense out there in these here 4A D1 Playoffs. One game at a time.....wash, rinse, and repeat.

If you can keep their offense off the field, or at least from scoring much.....then it gives your offense a whole lot more opportunities. A great defense has a way of creating positive plays and positive field position for its offense.

slingshot
12-01-2016, 02:39 PM
'edit'

slingshot
12-01-2016, 03:02 PM
Ok-- think this link will work...

See if this doesn't get you fired up! http://i1247.photobucket.com/albums/gg628/slingshot60/Dion/th_8215BD78-201D-4422-BE76-1324333D28DC.mp4 (http://i1247.photobucket.com/albums/gg628/slingshot60/Dion/8215BD78-201D-4422-BE76-1324333D28DC.mp4)

hollywood
12-01-2016, 08:42 PM
Ok-- think this link will work...

See if this doesn't get you fired up! http://i1247.photobucket.com/albums/gg628/slingshot60/Dion/th_8215BD78-201D-4422-BE76-1324333D28DC.mp4 (http://i1247.photobucket.com/albums/gg628/slingshot60/Dion/8215BD78-201D-4422-BE76-1324333D28DC.mp4)

Ruff ruff is all I can get out it. :vrycnfsd:

regaleagle
12-02-2016, 12:47 AM
I saw nothing......I'm sure it was impressive, though, haha.

slingshot
12-02-2016, 01:38 PM
Leave it to me to screw up linking a video :helpme: . Had it linked to my photobucket acct but it would also let whoever clicked on it to see all my other 1200 pics and videos... so I made all the other albums private and put that one in a seperate album and made it public... then it wouldn't work. Oh well.

regaleagle
12-02-2016, 09:10 PM
It was 14-0 at the end of the 1st, and now in the 2nd Levelland was driving in Wylie territory. Gerber, heralded qb for LL throws a quick out but Martin for Wylie gets his 2nd pick of the night and takes it 92 yds to the house for a Pick 6 scoring TD for Wylie......a Huge play for the Wylie D here folks.

Wylie 21
Levelland 0

Middle of 2nd qtr.

regaleagle
12-02-2016, 09:11 PM
Wylie D gets a 3 and out on the LL offense after the kickoff on this series. The punt goes out of bounds at the Wylie 41.

7:42 2nd qtr.

regaleagle
12-02-2016, 09:13 PM
Brooks Pepper takes the handoff and runs it down to the LL 2 yd line......a 57 yd scamper. Now another Pepper run for TD from the 2 yd line.
The kick is good.

Wylie 28
LL 0

7:28
2nd qtr.

regaleagle
12-02-2016, 09:16 PM
Timeout on the field by LL after the kickoff. 2 pickoffs and two long runs, and a Pick 6.....their offense needs to get back on track....or find the track.

regaleagle
12-02-2016, 09:18 PM
2nd and 9 and the pass is incomplete. Third and 9 now as Gerber is back to pass. Incomplete to his brother. Another 3 and out by Wylie. Punt is shanked and is downed at the Lobos 47 yd line. Excellent field position for the Bulldogs.

regaleagle
12-02-2016, 09:20 PM
Pepper for 30 yds to the 18 on first down as he bounces it outside.

regaleagle
12-02-2016, 09:23 PM
Flag on the play......holding against Wylie will back them up here. 2nd and 20 at the 30 yd line. Screen pass to Grant and it goes for another Wylie TD. The kick is good. Wylie runs the screen pass as well as anybody in 4A.

Wylie 35
Levelland 0

5:24 2nd qtr.

About 1500 in attendance on a rainy night.

regaleagle
12-02-2016, 09:25 PM
I reckon Wylie must need all the points they can muster against this high-scoring offense of Levelland, Huh?

regaleagle
12-02-2016, 09:26 PM
Big play on a 33 yd pass from Gerber that time to the Lobos 48 yd line. Now at the Bulldog 42 on that run for another first down.

regaleagle
12-02-2016, 09:27 PM
Back to back first downs for Levelland there.

regaleagle
12-02-2016, 09:28 PM
Flag down false start against Levelland.

regaleagle
12-02-2016, 09:29 PM
Pass to Elliot is dropped. Wylie offsides now. Pass is complete on 3rd down and tons.

regaleagle
12-02-2016, 09:30 PM
4th down and Levelland is punting again. Nobody back for Wylie as the punt rolls out of bounds at the Wylie 6 yd line.

regaleagle
12-02-2016, 09:31 PM
Inside handoff for a gain of 4 to the 10 yd line for Wylie. No gain on that run. 3rd and 6 now.

regaleagle
12-02-2016, 09:33 PM
On a long count, Wylie gets a false start called on them on that early movement. 3rd and 11 now from the Wylie 5 yd line. 1:35 on the clock. Pass is incomplete.

regaleagle
12-02-2016, 09:33 PM
Smith is punting from deep in his own endzone now. A low kick end over end and bouncing to the Wylie 48 yd line.

regaleagle
12-02-2016, 09:34 PM
Levelland with 1:11 from the Wylie 48.....that run is stopped by Deion Novil.

regaleagle
12-02-2016, 09:36 PM
2nd and 10 as Gerber is chased and run out of bounds. 3rd and 8 Gerber hits a quick pass to the Wylie 41. 4th and 3 and Lobos calls a timeout.

regaleagle
12-02-2016, 09:36 PM
Not much time left in the half here......about 30 secs.

regaleagle
12-02-2016, 09:37 PM
4th and 3 with 29 secs left in the half. Gerber in the gun.....caught by Elliot for a first down. 22 secs left.

regaleagle
12-02-2016, 09:38 PM
Pass is caught down the middle for a Levelland first down and a timeout called with 10 secs. left.

regaleagle
12-02-2016, 09:39 PM
At the Wylie 24 with no timeouts left. Incomplete to Estrada. 5 secs left now. If he catches the ball time would have expired.

regaleagle
12-02-2016, 09:40 PM
Pass into the endzone incomplete.....flag on the play.....offensive pass interference is the call. The half ends.

Abilene Wylie 35
Levelland 0

Halftime

regaleagle
12-02-2016, 10:10 PM
Line drive kickoff to Estrada....Tyler Henson and Cantrell get him. Gerber hands it off inside for no yards on first down.

regaleagle
12-02-2016, 10:11 PM
Pistol formation Gerber passes to Elliot and goes thru his hands.....almost intercepted. 3rd and 10 now. Gerber took a big hit there.

regaleagle
12-02-2016, 10:12 PM
Gerber under pressure and throws it away....4th and long and another 3 and out for Wylie.

regaleagle
12-02-2016, 10:12 PM
Punt is blocked by Ryan Haymer of Wylie.....ends up at the Levelland 16 yd line.

regaleagle
12-02-2016, 10:13 PM
Pepper gains 10 to the 6 for a first down.

regaleagle
12-02-2016, 10:15 PM
Pepper again on the handoff for no gain on that one. 2nd and goal at the 6 for Wylie. Roll out to the right and Smith hits Hannah for a 6 yd touchdown pass. The kick is good.

Wylie 42
Lobos 0

3 and out and a blocked punt to start the 2 half. 3 plays and a TD for Wylie.

regaleagle
12-02-2016, 10:17 PM
Squibb kick as Hunter Murphy makes the tackle on the return of Estrada for Levelland.

regaleagle
12-02-2016, 10:18 PM
Gerber to Estrada for 19 yds and a first down.

regaleagle
12-02-2016, 10:21 PM
Fake handoff inside and the pass is incomplete off the fingertips of the dback. 3rd and 11 from the Lobos 39. Deep pass and Martin gets his 3rd interception of the night. Gerber had only 4 interceptions the whole season before tonite.

regaleagle
12-02-2016, 10:22 PM
Wylie now at their own 30 yd line after a couple of runs.

regaleagle
12-02-2016, 10:22 PM
Smith back to pass and could not find anybody, so he keeps it and runs 14 yds for a first down at the Wylie 44.

regaleagle
12-02-2016, 10:23 PM
Ortiz up the middle to the Levelland 49 yd line......across midfield now.

regaleagle
12-02-2016, 10:24 PM
Timeout Wylie......2nd and 11 at midfield.

regaleagle
12-02-2016, 10:26 PM
Pass complete to the 33 for a first down and gain of 17 for Wylie.

regaleagle
12-02-2016, 10:26 PM
Up the middle for 9 for Brady Horn......2nd and one.

regaleagle
12-02-2016, 10:27 PM
At the Lobos 24, Wylie gains 3 for a first down. Subs in now.

regaleagle
12-02-2016, 10:28 PM
Brady Horn up the gut to the 14 yd line. 2nd and 2 for Wylie. The offensive line is just pushing em back.

regaleagle
12-02-2016, 10:29 PM
Reception to the 4 yd line for a gain of 10 yds. First and goal for Wylie.

regaleagle
12-02-2016, 10:29 PM
Smith dances around and takes it down to the one yard line.

regaleagle
12-02-2016, 10:30 PM
Smith to Ortiz, bounces off a couple of tacklers and scores the TD for his first Wylie Bulldog touchdown. The kick is good.

Wylie 49
Levelland 0

1:52 3rd

regaleagle
12-02-2016, 10:32 PM
First team defense still in for Wylie......just in case, haha. Levelland has been known to explode for points.

regaleagle
12-02-2016, 10:33 PM
Gerber hits a long one....but illegal lineman downfield for the Lobos.

regaleagle
12-02-2016, 10:35 PM
End of 3rd

Wylie 49-0

regaleagle
12-02-2016, 10:37 PM
4th and 9 for the Lobos from their own 19. Punted. Wylie at their own 33 now.

regaleagle
12-02-2016, 10:38 PM
Lots of subs in now for Wylie.....they will attempt to just kill some clock with the subs now.

regaleagle
12-02-2016, 10:39 PM
3rd and 9 on that run for very little. Wylie will let the clock run down before punting. Timeout for Wylie.

regaleagle
12-02-2016, 10:41 PM
Not much left here for the Lobos to do but throw the ball every time they get the ball back. Cantrell kicks it all the way to the 35 yd line of the Lobos. Great punt there.

regaleagle
12-02-2016, 10:41 PM
Nick Gerber keeps it and gets a block for a good gain there for the Lobos.

regaleagle
12-02-2016, 10:42 PM
Personal foul against the Bulldogs moves the ball down to the Wylie 19 now.

regaleagle
12-02-2016, 10:43 PM
Gerber makes the completion to the 8 and the tackle is made at the 4 yd line.

regaleagle
12-02-2016, 10:44 PM
Chris Gerber scores from the 4 yd line. Levelland finally scores. Kick is good.

Wylie 49
Lobos 7

8:49 left

regaleagle
12-02-2016, 10:46 PM
Squibbkick down the middle of field at the Wylie 30 yd line as Wylie just falls on it.

regaleagle
12-02-2016, 10:47 PM
Burton for 7 yds on first down, but steps out of bounds and stops the clock.....wasn't thinking.

regaleagle
12-02-2016, 10:49 PM
Wylie's first unit is getting plenty of rest this week and staying healthy as the backups are getting their well-deserved minutes.

regaleagle
12-02-2016, 10:52 PM
Wylie will be moving on to the Semifinals of the Class 4A Division State Playoffs. I'm sure their fans are just tickled Gold and Purple, haha.

regaleagle
12-02-2016, 10:54 PM
Wylie punts and a little over 4 minutes left now.

regaleagle
12-02-2016, 10:55 PM
Now Kennedale is up 28-21 over Van with 4 minutes left in the game. It was 21-7 Van at the half.

regaleagle
12-02-2016, 10:55 PM
Now it's 34-21 Kennedale with a little over 3 minutes left.

regaleagle
12-02-2016, 10:56 PM
Gerber completes a pass for a TD. The kick is good.

Wylie 49
Levelland 14

3 minutes left

regaleagle
12-02-2016, 10:57 PM
Sweetwater wins 38-14 over Seminole. They get the winner of Gilmer and Celina.

regaleagle
12-02-2016, 10:58 PM
Wylie is the real deal, for sure this season. They have what I would classify as a darn complete team in all phases.

regaleagle
12-02-2016, 11:00 PM
Looks like Wylie will be facing Kennedale in the State Semifinals next week.....that should be a very physical game with two good teams going at it.

regaleagle
12-02-2016, 11:01 PM
Kennedale also has a pretty salty defense.....and they can score. They will pound that ball all night on the ground.

regaleagle
12-02-2016, 11:02 PM
Wylie backup punter hits it 53 yds down to the 10 yd line. He's a sophomore. Ethan Wood.

regaleagle
12-02-2016, 11:04 PM
Gerber to his brother over the middle goes incomplete.

regaleagle
12-02-2016, 11:07 PM
Final play as Gerber throws it to Elliot.....it's over. Wylie will move on to the State Semifinals. Nick Gerber's final pass of a 5000 yd passing season.

Wylie Bulldogs 49
Levelland Lobos 14

Final

Congrats to the Wylie Bulldogs for a very strong showing tonite. Great season for the Lobos.

regaleagle
12-02-2016, 11:11 PM
I guess I elected myself to do the play by play for Wylie tonite......I hope they don't mind. I guess I just can't call it a season yet, LOL.

BwdLion73
12-02-2016, 11:15 PM
I guess I elected myself to do the play by play for Wylie tonite......I hope they don't mind. I guess I just can't call it a season yet, LOL.

Good job as usual. Enjoyed checking in and getting the updates on a damp, drizzly crisp night. :)

slingshot
12-03-2016, 12:19 AM
Thanks regal! What is your Wylie vs Kennedale prediction?

regaleagle
12-03-2016, 02:39 AM
Thanks regal! What is your Wylie vs Kennedale prediction?

Kennedale will present a different set of circumstances for the Wyliedawgs vaunted defense. It will be bruising, bruising, bruising. My first impression is that Wylie has it all and will grind out the victory. A good balance of run and pass should keep the Wildcats defense guessing. Both defenses are pretty stout......but I feel Wylie has all the ingredients this season to kiss the carpet in Jerry World. It's just tough to defend a complete team that is talented, big, strong, fast, and prepared. Coach Sandifer and his staff will have the Bulldogs ready. Wylie by 2 TD's is my gut feeling. But Kennedale has that ability to bust off some big plays in that Modified Wing T set they run. Should be a medium scoring game......31-21 type.

hollywood
12-03-2016, 08:14 AM
Wylie is peaking at the right time. Kennedale will have the best defense Wylie has faced all season. Wylie will see one of the best defensive players they have ever faced in Baron Browning. It will be a slobber knocker. Good luck to both.