PDA

View Full Version : Class 4 A Div I Region IV Finals LaVega 13-0 vs China Spring 12-1

Rabid Cougar
11-26-2016, 05:54 PM
in Waco. Details to follow.

ccmom
11-26-2016, 05:57 PM
I'd love to see this one!!

TarponFanInNorthTexas
11-26-2016, 06:18 PM
Like I've been saying. Free pass to the State Quarterfinals for members of District 13. And a Region 4 game is going to be played in Waco.......does the UIL not see how wrong that is?

Oh, and may the best team win. And all that jazz and cliches and stuff.

FB-fanatic
11-26-2016, 06:24 PM
Will be at McLane with bells on (hope Mclane)!

Bosqueville
11-26-2016, 06:33 PM
Hearing Saturday at 2 at Waco ISD.

regaleagle
11-26-2016, 06:39 PM
I got CS in the Finals in my brackets......against Argyle, Lol. But maybe against Wylie???

lostaussie
11-26-2016, 06:57 PM
What will CS do the second time around that they didn't do the first time. I truly believe the 2 best teams in the region are facing off.....wish I could watch.

Dawgs
11-26-2016, 07:29 PM
The winner of this one has to be considered the favorite to win it all. I'm pulling for LV only cause I wanna see the Dawgs get a chance to avenge a lopsided loss from last year.

Bosqueville
11-26-2016, 08:05 PM
What will CS do the second time around that they didn't do the first time. I truly believe the 2 best teams in the region are facing off.....wish I could watch.

With China Spring, 50% is mental. They played scared the last 3 times they played LV. You could see it in their eyes. If they will play their game they could very well win this game.

slingshot
11-26-2016, 08:17 PM
The winner of this one has to be considered the favorite to win it all...Really? Some may have a very different opinion. Ask Argyle.

cowboyandchrist
11-26-2016, 09:33 PM
If the C Dawgs win against Stafford and make it to the semi finals, I can guarantee it will not be like last year. We are completely healthy, we will not be missing 8 starters like we were last year. The winner of this game better have their chin straps buttoned and have plenty of Advil.

lostaussie
11-26-2016, 09:39 PM
If the C Dawgs win against Stafford and make it to the semi finals, I can guarantee it will not be like last year. We are completely healthy, we will not be missing 8 starters like we were last year. The winner of this game better have their chin straps buttoned and have plenty of Advil.

You forgot.........there is a damn montorncane coming. Probably followed by a tsunamiquake!!! Goodness

Dawgs
11-27-2016, 12:26 AM
Really? Some may have a very different opinion. Ask Argyle.

No disrespect meant toward Wylie, but Argyle was never the favorite in my eyes. That was a very impressive win by AW, but I do not consider them the favorite. LV is the favorite, and if CS beats them I will give them that respect. I put AW on the same level as Carthage. If they play their best, then they can play with anybody. Definetly have a shot. But not the "favorite". All just my opinion obviously.

Rabid Cougar
11-27-2016, 08:18 AM
WISD 2:00pm. Get there early. Place only holds 11,000.

slingshot
11-27-2016, 09:43 AM
No disrespect meant toward Wylie, but Argyle was never the favorite in my eyes. That was a very impressive win by AW, but I do not consider them the favorite. LV is the favorite, and if CS beats them I will give them that respect. I put AW on the same level as Carthage. If they play their best, then they can play with anybody. Definetly have a shot. But not the "favorite". All just my opinion obviously.No disrespect taken. Agree that LV is the favorite and will remain so until they lose. They are the defending state champions and undefeated. That being said, this is a new year, teams are different and every team left in the draw has an honest shot to win it.

Dawgs
11-27-2016, 11:15 AM
No disrespect taken. Agree that LV is the favorite and will remain so until they lose. They are the defending state champions and undefeated. That being said, this is a new year, teams are different and every team left in the draw has an honest shot to win it.

Agree. Got a lot of good teams left. There is a lot to be said for the teams left. AW, CS, LV, Carthage are in the exact same spot that they were last year at this time. That's hard to do.

PurplePop
11-27-2016, 12:22 PM
Really? Some may have a very different opinion. Ask Argyle.

Agreed. You can flip a coin on this one, but I don't know if the winner gets to the finals. At this point, I put Wylie #1 and Carthage #2.

Rocket Man
11-27-2016, 06:09 PM
##}^%*+€€<{}#, I gotta go to a wedding & will mis it!!!!!

slingshot
11-27-2016, 06:40 PM
##}^%*+€€<{}#, I gotta go to a wedding & will mis it!!!!!Tell them you came down with the flu then slip off to the game... I'll write you a doctor's note:thumbsup:

lostaussie
11-27-2016, 08:37 PM
With China Spring, 50% is mental. They played scared the last 3 times they played LV. You could see it in their eyes. If they will play their game they could very well win this game.

In my mind that's a problem. When we play Tatum or Gladewater..........the game is basically over before it starts. CS has to get out of that mindset to have a chance.

hollywood
11-27-2016, 08:40 PM
No disrespect taken. Agree that LV is the favorite and will remain so until they lose. They are the defending state champions and undefeated. That being said, this is a new year, teams are different and every team left in the draw has an honest shot to win it.

Well said and agree 100%.

LionFan72
11-28-2016, 12:09 PM
Think I will take the long shot and go with China Spring in the upset, LV might be getting the big head at home!

Rabid Cougar
11-28-2016, 01:13 PM
Think I will take the long shot and go with China Spring in the upset, LV might be getting the big head at home!

How are they at home???? WISD is a neutral site.

LionFan72
11-28-2016, 02:27 PM
Unless I am mistaken, the stadium is 15-20 miles from La Vega.

44INAROW
11-28-2016, 02:47 PM
WISD 2:00pm. Get there early. Place only holds 11,000.

While I have LV in my pick 'ems - I hope China Spring wins....

ccmom
11-28-2016, 03:01 PM

Are you trying to get under Rabid Cougar's skin? LOL

Rabid Cougar
11-28-2016, 03:14 PM

9 miles for LVHS and 15 miles for CSHS and neither is a WISD school. Hardly an advantage..... even if they played at McLanes.

Rabid Cougar
11-28-2016, 03:21 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i71L2aR0ISA

8 and 9 year old kids cheering in the stands will be on the field Saturday.

Bosqueville
11-28-2016, 03:36 PM
80% chance of rain and temps in the 40's. Not what I wanted to hear.

toddg
11-28-2016, 04:09 PM
How are they at home???? WISD is a neutral site.because they're waco lavega

ccmom
11-28-2016, 04:16 PM
because they're waco lavega

RC is gonna hurt one of y'all. ;)

slingshot
11-28-2016, 04:22 PM
RC is gonna hurt one of y'all. ;)Now they're playing Waco China Springs? ;)

Bosqueville
11-28-2016, 05:07 PM
Now they're playing Waco China Springs? ;)

Watch it...

Rocket Man
11-28-2016, 05:10 PM
Now they're playing Waco China Springs? ;)

That's a double whammy for those guys; the "s" and the "W" word...........

Rabid Cougar
11-30-2016, 11:31 AM
Wednesday and crickets...... Not even anything in the Trib.

greendawg84
11-30-2016, 12:13 PM
Maybe they are waiting until later in the week to start the hype ?????

coach
11-30-2016, 01:00 PM
Why is Las Vegas playing China?

Txbroadcaster
11-30-2016, 01:07 PM
Why is Las Vegas playing China?

China beat Japan 14-10 duh

coach
11-30-2016, 01:12 PM
Is this game being played in Hawaii?

slingshot
11-30-2016, 01:46 PM
Wednesday and crickets...... Not even anything in the Trib.The Trib is afraid of this one...

coach
11-30-2016, 02:11 PM
The Trib is afraid of this one...

Maybe they are still finding a way to pay me my money.... They told me years ago I would get $10 for every game I call in and give stats to them. They took my info and everything. I have done 34 games and i haven't received a dime yet.

d0tc0m
11-30-2016, 02:35 PM
Where the heck is McCaig? I thought he'd be all over this game, maybe even reminisce and tell some stories from that 2007 quarterfinal game he played in against La Vega.

caleb_mccaig
11-30-2016, 02:51 PM
Where the heck is McCaig? I thought he'd be all over this game, maybe even reminisce and tell some stories from that 2007 quarterfinal game he played in against La Vega.

You rang lol?

I haven't seen either play this year and can't make this game either unfortunately due to work.

Only thing I've seen CS do in person was State 7 on 7, which obviously equates to nothing lol.

I also am not very optimistic that CS gets it done this time either unfortunately. I hope they prove me wrong, we need to get back on the right side of this thing. It's starting to turn into LSUvBama where people keep calling it a rivalry, but it's dominated by one side.

Story time.....hmmmm......I'll start with this one.

At halftime I'll never forget going back into the locker room and we were trailing I think by 10 or 14 points and obviously the mood wasn't too hot in there. Mike Hicks and I are really good friends so our lockers were next to one another and he had something wrong with his collarbone in the first half and he just looks at me and with a pretty damn convincing face on says, "La Vega is going to win state. They're too F'ing good."

Lol so obviously I'm just like dammit, didn't really want to hear that, especially from him. But we went back out, first play I remember of the second half La Vega ran some kind of play out wide and Mike made a stop about 7-yards in the backfield on Parr and it was just business as usual until the end of the game.

Afterwards I think we ate at Poppa Rollo's, I can't really remember, all of those playoff games from high school and where we ate kind of all mesh together, but I brought it up to him and he just laughed and said we stole one. I agreed, but looking back on it now, it would have been true had Cuero beaten us, but we rocked their ass and damn nearly won a ring.

d0tc0m
11-30-2016, 03:10 PM
You rang lol?

I haven't seen either play this year and can't make this game either unfortunately due to work.

Only thing I've seen CS do in person was State 7 on 7, which obviously equates to nothing lol.

I also am not very optimistic that CS gets it done this time either unfortunately. I hope they prove me wrong, we need to get back on the right side of this thing. It's starting to turn into LSUvBama where people keep calling it a rivalry, but it's dominated by one side.

Story time.....hmmmm......I'll start with this one.

At halftime I'll never forget going back into the locker room and we were trailing I think by 10 or 14 points and obviously the mood wasn't too hot in there. Mike Hicks and I are really good friends so our lockers were next to one another and he had something wrong with his collarbone in the first half and he just looks at me and with a pretty damn convincing face on says, "La Vega is going to win state. They're too F'ing good."

Lol so obviously I'm just like dammit, didn't really want to hear that, especially from him. But we went back out, first play I remember of the second half La Vega ran some kind of play out wide and Mike made a stop about 7-yards in the backfield on Parr and it was just business as usual until the end of the game.

Afterwards I think we ate at Poppa Rollo's, I can't really remember, all of those playoff games from high school and where we ate kind of all mesh together, but I brought it up to him and he just laughed and said we stole one. I agreed, but looking back on it now, it would have been true had Cuero beaten us, but we rocked their ass and damn nearly won a ring.

Hahaha friggin Mike Hicks. That's a good story, McCaig. Hope you've got some more. I'd love to hear some stories from/about the title game too, considering that was my little brother's senior year with the Bobcats.

Rabid Cougar
11-30-2016, 04:51 PM
"Of course, one defensive stop stood out for China Spring.

Cougars defensive end Ryan Boutwell shot through the Pirates offensive line to hammer Chris Parr for a one-yard loss late in the third quarter. Boutwell's helmet flew off after the hit and that, combined with a rousing celebration of the tackle for a loss, shot another burst of energy into an already rowdy China Spring crowd."

http://www.wacotrib.com/sports/high_schools/central_texas_football/cougar-rally-stuns-pirates/article_67ce2bf0-91a2-11e6-962f-1ffd6f9117ba.html

Rabid Cougar
11-30-2016, 04:56 PM
Hahaha friggin Mike Hicks. That's a good story, McCaig. Hope you've got some more. I'd love to hear some stories from/about the title game too, considering that was my little brother's senior year with the Bobcats.

Very few high school football players can put a team on their back and go win a football game. Cougars had two ..... Hicks (19) and Eskew (15).

caleb_mccaig
11-30-2016, 05:11 PM
"Of course, one defensive stop stood out for China Spring.

Cougars defensive end Ryan Boutwell shot through the Pirates offensive line to hammer Chris Parr for a one-yard loss late in the third quarter. Boutwell's helmet flew off after the hit and that, combined with a rousing celebration of the tackle for a loss, shot another burst of energy into an already rowdy China Spring crowd."

http://www.wacotrib.com/sports/high_schools/central_texas_football/cougar-rally-stuns-pirates/article_67ce2bf0-91a2-11e6-962f-1ffd6f9117ba.html

Lol yeah, this is the clear iconic one.

I remember not really realizing what had happened. Like I told Boutwell, nice freaking stick, but I didn't really know how hard he lit him up until I saw it on film.

EDIT:

I also remember on that play that the Wacotrib story mentions us converting a 3rd and 27, I was on the sideline (Didn't play offense) and Coach Bell literally turned around and told me, "Hey watch, I bet we get the first down right here."

I obviously was just like, uh okay lol.

We converted and he just turned around and looked at me and winked haha. I was just like wow lol.

regaleagle
12-01-2016, 01:25 AM
BTW......there ain't no such thing as a favorite left in this season's 4A Division I playoffs......just to let everybody know. At this point, every regional final matchup is up for grabs......and so is the State Championship. Hello Mr. Weather playing in the great outdoors.

Rabid Cougar
12-01-2016, 09:49 AM
BTW......there ain't no such thing as a favorite left in this season's 4A Division I playoffs......just to let everybody know. At this point, every regional final matchup is up for grabs......and so is the State Championship. Hello Mr. Weather playing in the great outdoors.

Because Argyle is out right?????

ccmom
12-01-2016, 10:15 AM
Because Argyle is out right?????

That's exactly how that came across to me, too....SMH LOL

regaleagle
12-01-2016, 10:55 AM
Nope.....because I never believed Argyle was good enough for the rest of the competition this season. But I do believe there are at least 6 out of the 8 teams left in Division 1 that could win the Championship. You guys need to read and quit jumping to conclusions based on your own previously held butthurt feelings. When did I EVER say all year long I felt Argyle should win or even indicate they would be in the regional finals this season, Huh? I didn't......this is your own personal attitude coming out. I resent your insinuations when most all of the posters from Argyle have been nothing but gracious for years. Go look in the mirror.

regaleagle
12-01-2016, 11:12 AM
The truth of the matter is there are no clear-cut "favorites" to win it all in Division 1 this season, and never has been......so just leave Argyle out of this discussion.....they have already been eliminated. All season long.....even from the very first game of the year.....it was clear that 4A D-1 would be highly competitive with no clear favorite. This is exactly how it turned out. There were some earlier posts stating La Vega was the "favorite" and I wholeheartedly disagree. I was simply stating there are no clear favorites in this division with the teams left playing (as opposed to W-OS in the other division). Maybe I should just quit posting at all.....would that make you happy???

Rabid Cougar
12-01-2016, 11:27 AM
Lighten up Eagle. No need to go into defensive mode. Just good natured ribbing as always.

Its just been so long since Argyle has not been in the equation and that the rest of are now in somewhat new uncharted territory.

regaleagle
12-02-2016, 12:23 AM
Yeah.....but that's no excuse to denigrate a relavent post that is a different perspective answering another post made earlier. If you choose attack someone.....try attacking a poster that is posting something that does not give another perspective......duh? I'm no dummy, Sir. I would suggest you direct your lobs to those that have nothing of substance to contribute.

regaleagle
12-02-2016, 12:34 AM
Besides......what are you and Wylie complaining about??? I picked CS to be in the finals......with the winner of the Argyle/ Wylie winner.....Geez!!! Try reading some of my posts from different threads and you might be able to understand the above post.

Rabid Cougar
12-02-2016, 10:39 AM
Waco Trib pickers ----- 2 to 1 LaVega. all no more than a touchdown difference.

hollywood
12-02-2016, 11:31 AM
Besides......what are you and Wylie complaining about??? I picked CS to be in the finals......with the winner of the Argyle/ Wylie winner.....Geez!!! Try reading some of my posts from different threads and you might be able to understand the above post.

Wake up on the wrong side of the bed yesterday?

Rabid Cougar
12-02-2016, 01:33 PM
Wake up on the wrong side of the bed yesterday?

His post did have substance .....

Rabid Cougar
12-02-2016, 02:09 PM
http://www.kcentv.com/sports/china-spring-s-mark-bell-gets-second-chance/361727872

LHPfactory
12-03-2016, 10:40 AM
I think CS wins this time around, both are legit top 4 teams this year.
LH was about a #8-10, just to far away from CS and LV to challenge them this year.

Is this game being broadcast ?
If so Where?

Bosqueville
12-03-2016, 12:13 PM
Staring out my window watching it pour. Gonna be miserable but CS wins!

lostaussie
12-03-2016, 12:23 PM
Staring out my window watching it pour. Gonna be miserable but CS wins!

That's a bummer. Does the rain possibly favor one team or the other?

Roughneck93
12-03-2016, 12:28 PM
I think CS wins this time around, both are legit top 4 teams this year.
LH was about a #8-10, just to far away from CS and LV to challenge them this year.

Is this game being broadcast ?
If so Where?

NFHS Network...

http://www.nfhsnetwork.com/events/uil/557ef61312

regaleagle
12-03-2016, 01:32 PM
Heck......I can't figure out how to get this game on that network.

itmoney100
12-03-2016, 01:36 PM
Will the game be streamed online and if so can someone post a link or the website please

Roughneck93
12-03-2016, 01:52 PM
Heck......I can't figure out how to get this game on that network.
What kind of issues are you having regal?

ccmom
12-03-2016, 02:40 PM
Centexbeat.com works well FYI

LHPfactory
12-03-2016, 03:04 PM
http://www.1660espn.com/high-school-football-broadcasts/

Roughneck93
12-03-2016, 03:15 PM
Pirates strike first....

Richards 2-yard TD run.

7-0

5:53 1st

Bosqueville
12-03-2016, 03:25 PM
La Vega is big and mean. Let me just say it.

Roughneck93
12-03-2016, 03:31 PM
End 1st

Pirates lead 7-0.

LV 3rd and goal at the 2....

Roughneck93
12-03-2016, 03:33 PM
4th and goal inside the 1....

Roughneck93
12-03-2016, 03:33 PM
Timeout LV.

Roughneck93
12-03-2016, 03:35 PM
False start LV....

itmoney100
12-03-2016, 03:37 PM

If you want to listen to the game live click on this link

Roughneck93
12-03-2016, 03:37 PM
Another false start....

4th and goal from the 10.

Roughneck93
12-03-2016, 03:38 PM
27 yard field goal is good.

10-0 Pirates

11:16 2nd

caleb_mccaig
12-03-2016, 03:40 PM
Jesus, are we really this bad?

Roughneck93
12-03-2016, 03:42 PM
LV recovers a CS fumble....

Roughneck93
12-03-2016, 03:43 PM
1st down LV at the CS 45.

itmoney100
12-03-2016, 03:49 PM

Roughneck93
12-03-2016, 03:52 PM
Turnover on downs....

CS ball at the 23.

Roughneck93
12-03-2016, 04:05 PM
10-7 Pirates....

:45 2nd

caleb_mccaig
12-03-2016, 04:06 PM
We scored!

Roughneck93
12-03-2016, 04:08 PM
10-7 Pirates

Half

regaleagle
12-03-2016, 04:18 PM
Has it been raining the whole game over there?

regaleagle
12-03-2016, 04:19 PM
San Antonio is getting the brunt of this monsoon effect.......about 15 counties in flash flood warnings now and it ain't over with.

Roughneck93
12-03-2016, 04:40 PM
First half stayed dry, raining now....

Roughneck93
12-03-2016, 04:41 PM
CS goes three and out to open the second half.

Roughneck93
12-03-2016, 04:44 PM
Huge run by LV inside the CS 5....

Coming back though...holding called.

Roughneck93
12-03-2016, 04:46 PM
LV forced to punt....

Roughneck93
12-03-2016, 04:51 PM
LV holds on 4th down....

1st and 10 Pirates at their own 24...

Roughneck93
12-03-2016, 04:55 PM
LV punting....

CS muffs the punt, recoverd by LV.

Flag down.

Roughneck93
12-03-2016, 04:56 PM
Fair catch interference called on LV....

CS ball at the LV 41.

Roughneck93
12-03-2016, 04:57 PM
TD China Spring.....

Haigood 32 yard run.

Roughneck93
12-03-2016, 04:58 PM
14-10 CS

:32 3rd

Roughneck93
12-03-2016, 05:01 PM
End 3rd

China Spring lead 14-10.

Roughneck93
12-03-2016, 05:06 PM
LV punting....

Bad snap, punter tackled at the 34.

CS with great field position....

Roughneck93
12-03-2016, 05:10 PM
TD China Spring....

Dudik 15 yard run.

Roughneck93
12-03-2016, 05:11 PM
21-10 CS

7:37 4th

regaleagle
12-03-2016, 05:11 PM
Bigtime score running the ball and the clock.

regaleagle
12-03-2016, 05:13 PM
Here comes La Vega trying to open up that offense.

solocam
12-03-2016, 05:14 PM
come on China Spring

regaleagle
12-03-2016, 05:15 PM
Already at midfield and Williams is hit for a loss. 4th and a yard at the 49

regaleagle
12-03-2016, 05:15 PM
Maybe 2 yds......they didn't say.

regaleagle
12-03-2016, 05:16 PM
First down with a 2 yd gain for LV

regaleagle
12-03-2016, 05:18 PM
LV down 11 points with about 5 minutes left. Pass is complete down to the 35 of China Spring.

Roughneck93
LV driving...at the CS 12.

regaleagle
Gain of 23 to the 12 for Henry.

Roughneck93
12-03-2016, 05:19 PM
4:10 4th

regaleagle
Incomplete pass.

Bosqueville
Holy Crap!!

regaleagle
12-03-2016, 05:20 PM
Under 4 mins. now .....gain of 2......3rd and 8......timeout LV

regaleagle
12-03-2016, 05:20 PM
They are down there inside the 10 I think.

regaleagle
12-03-2016, 05:21 PM
Williams keeps it and is short. 4th and goal

Roughneck93
12-03-2016, 05:22 PM
CS holds on 4th down....

regaleagle
12-03-2016, 05:22 PM
Williams scrambles, throws it at the 7 and he is stopped short......CS holds.

regaleagle
12-03-2016, 05:23 PM
Inside the 10, CS has the ball.

regaleagle
Flag after the play against LV.....this will move the ball up for CS.

regaleagle
Offsetting penalties.....play it over.

caleb_mccaig
12-03-2016, 05:24 PM
TURNOVER ON DOWNS!!!!

Lets go cougs!!!!!!

Roughneck93
2:50 4th

regaleagle
Playclock at 2:40

regaleagle
GAin of 6.....3rd and 3 now.

regaleagle
12-03-2016, 05:25 PM
Out of bounds at the 15.....he thought he had the first down. 4th down CS

regaleagle
12-03-2016, 05:26 PM
4th and a yard.....1:41 left on the CS 17.

regaleagle
12-03-2016, 05:26 PM
Timeout by LV......11 pts down and less than 2 mins left.

regaleagle
12-03-2016, 05:27 PM
Trying to draw LV offsides without the punter in. CS calls timeout

regaleagle
12-03-2016, 05:27 PM
CS will more than likely punt it now.

regaleagle
12-03-2016, 05:28 PM
Haigood punts it end over end bounces around downed at the 46. 1:31 left.

regaleagle
12-03-2016, 05:29 PM
LV at their own 46 needs 2 scores.

Roughneck93
CS with a pick....that's going to do it.

regaleagle
Pump fake and its intercepted by CS.

regaleagle
12-03-2016, 05:30 PM
CS will most likely kill this clock and take the win.

regaleagle
12-03-2016, 05:30 PM
1:15 and LV has 2 timeouts left.

regaleagle
12-03-2016, 05:31 PM
LV will not use the timeouts.....that will be it.....one more snap.

Roughneck93
Congrats China Spring!

21-10 Final

caleb_mccaig
God there is nothing sweeter than this.

Couldn't happen to a better team than La Vega too :)

lostaussie
Congratulations to China Spring. The dragon is slain

regaleagle
12-03-2016, 05:32 PM
It's over.....China Spring scores 21 unanswered points to win this one in a very hard-hitting game.

canno
12-03-2016, 05:33 PM
Congratulations cougars great defensive game

solocam
12-03-2016, 05:33 PM
congrats Cougars good luck the rest of the way

regaleagle
12-03-2016, 05:34 PM
How sweet it is for the CS fanbase and the CS coaching staff. The players are on Cloud 9 I'm sure.

Tejastrue
12-03-2016, 05:36 PM
Congrats Cougars. A gritty performance to say the least.

caleb_mccaig
12-03-2016, 05:39 PM
How sweet it is for the CS fanbase and the CS coaching staff. The players are on Cloud 9 I'm sure.

Man I lost to them one time my three years on varsity and it was the greatest feeling I've ever felt beating them in the playoffs. These kids haven't beat them in God knows how long. I can only imagine.

Saggy Aggie
12-03-2016, 05:41 PM
Hard to beat a good team twice. I think I'm the only one in the 3adl bracket that picked CS to win it all...

regaleagle
12-03-2016, 05:47 PM
Hard to beat a good team twice. I think I'm the only one in the 3adl bracket that picked CS to win it all...

I've got CS in the finals in my bracket.

regaleagle
12-03-2016, 05:48 PM

But I also had them against Argyle and Argyle winning, LOL.

Roughneck93
12-03-2016, 05:58 PM

My D1 bracket is busted.

I had LV and Argyle in the finals....

FB-fanatic
12-03-2016, 06:11 PM
What a game from a Leopard across town. Great game to watch. Very very physical. Shut them down the second half and they folded. Dudik finally got into some open space. Haigodd just kept hammering and defense was lights out second half. Congrats. Varsity Parent and I are ready to hookup for next game.

FB-fanatic
12-03-2016, 06:12 PM
Who where why next?

slingshot
12-03-2016, 06:52 PM
Congrats to CS. It does feel great to clear that hurdle finally. Our kids and fans were kinda the same way with our game against Argyle. When you have a proud program and one quality opponent has had your number there's not much better than taking it to them. Celebrate today then get ready for Carthage....

Rabid Cougar
12-03-2016, 07:12 PM
Man what a game. CS defense won that game. Held LV running back to 69 yards on 31 carries. Got burned early on two passes but pretty much shut LV down for three quarters.

LV players didn't take the loss to well. Huge fight among them in front of dressing room after the game.

Rabid Cougar
12-03-2016, 07:56 PM
God there is nothing sweeter than this.

Couldn't happen to a better team than La Vega too :)

Very true statements!!!! :iagree:

slingshot
12-03-2016, 08:21 PM
Hmmm... so not a lot of love lost between LV and CS? ;)

Bosqueville
12-03-2016, 08:23 PM
What a game! It was worth the cold and wet! Big time effort in the second half shutting out a very good LaVega team. Cougar Nation went absolutely nuts on the last Td. We are ready Carthage!

Bosqueville
12-03-2016, 08:24 PM

Absolutely not!!

Rabid Cougar
12-03-2016, 08:26 PM

Nice people, know lots of them. I call them friends...except to when it comes between the white lines.

cowboyandchrist
12-03-2016, 08:38 PM
What a game! It was worth the cold and wet! Big time effort in the second half shutting out a very good LaVega team. Cougar Nation went absolutely nuts on the last Td. We are ready Carthage!

Congrats on a hard fought game in bad weather.
Your team beat a very good team, we in the Dawg nation were hoping for a little payback.
Welcome to the semi finals, The Dawgs will be ready.
God Bless coaches, players, and fans.

Bosqueville
12-03-2016, 08:57 PM
Waco Trib says tentatively Friday in Corsicana

Rabid Cougar
12-03-2016, 09:26 PM
Waco Trib says tentatively Friday in Corsicana

Just checked. They don't know yet. Carthage wants Tyler.

Bosqueville
12-03-2016, 09:29 PM
Yes, the info was just removed from the trib.

Bosqueville
12-03-2016, 09:32 PM
Just checked. They don't know yet. Carthage wants Tyler.

I don't like that. 61 miles for Carthage 132 for CS.

Rabid Cougar
12-03-2016, 09:38 PM
I don't like that. 61 miles for Carthage 132 for CS.

Me neither. I prefer 67 for CS to 142 for Carthage split myself.

Rabid Cougar
12-03-2016, 09:40 PM
Postgame brawls — Several La Vega players came to blows with each other after the game in a chaotic scene outside the locker room. Stadium police and coaches broke up the fight between the players before another fight between fans broke out almost immediately.
“That’s a losing mentality, fighting with each other after a loss,” Willie Williams said. “It’s disappointing, and I’m going to address it with (the players).”

http://www.wacotrib.com/sports/high_schools/central_texas_football/china-spring-topples-defending-state-champion-la-vega/article_f53ea298-cb79-50bc-8e23-c18d9d64e7d4.html

bobcat1
12-03-2016, 10:03 PM
Congrats China Spring! Great victory! Good Season LaVega! Sorry to hear about the brawla. Terrible end of the season.

Bosqueville
12-03-2016, 10:03 PM
Postgame brawls — Several La Vega players came to blows with each other after the game in a chaotic scene outside the locker room. Stadium police and coaches broke up the fight between the players before another fight between fans broke out almost immediately.
“That’s a losing mentality, fighting with each other after a loss,” Willie Williams said. “It’s disappointing, and I’m going to address it with (theho

http://www.wacotrib.com/sports/high_schools/central_texas_football/china-spring-topples-defending-state-champion-la-vega/article_f53ea298-cb79-50bc-8e23-c18d9d64e7d4.html

How Embarrassing

ccmom
12-03-2016, 10:31 PM
“That’s a losing mentality, fighting with each other after a loss,” Willie Williams said. “It’s disappointing, and I’m going to address it with (the players).”

Congrats to the Cougars!!

What a shame for LV to end their outstanding run with a brawl. There will be lots of regrets over that. Goodness...

Yoe_09
12-03-2016, 10:55 PM
Congrats to China Spring. I knew that this was possible when I saw the Cougars earlier this season. Hate to hear about the brawls for La Vega.

LHAG
12-04-2016, 01:08 AM
The brawls are disturbing but these are both great teams and obviously coaching staffs are great as well. It looks like Liberty Hill will have been knocked out of the playoffs by the eventual Champs for the third year in a row. All I can say is "Go China Springs" and kick ass next year Panthers!

oldtownag
12-04-2016, 05:52 AM
Wow, jumping ahead all little aren't you?

LHPfactory
12-04-2016, 12:29 PM

That's too bad, Willie Williams is a good coach on many levels. Im betting there was some blame and scape goating going on, the absolute worst and most destructive thing to a team. If I were Wllie, I would bring any self centered players stirring that up down to earth first thing Monday morning and Off season would be brutal.

Rabid Cougar
12-04-2016, 01:20 PM
That's too bad, Willie Williams is a good coach on many levels. Im betting there was some blame and scape goating going on, the absolute worst and most destructive thing to a team. If I were Wllie, I would bring any self centered players stirring that up down to earth first thing Monday morning and Off season would be brutal.

Son Number 1 said they did the same in 2007 after loosing to CS in the Regional Finals and again in 2008 after loosing to Prosper in SC game.