PDA

View Full Version : Carthage vs Stafford - 4aD1 R3 Championship, Friday 7:30 In Lufkin

Dawgs
11-26-2016, 05:16 PM
Carthage coming off a huge win over Henderson. I think this will be another close game. If Carthage plays like they did last night, I don't see Stafford beating them. Go Dawgs!

Scoop27
11-26-2016, 09:13 PM
Stafford begin it's program in the early 80s as then a Class 2A school and was in district with East Bernard etc and the Spartans had growing pains.
Now 30 plus years later they are playing for the regional championship so will be rooting for them

oldtownag
11-27-2016, 06:48 AM
Go Dawgs

Saggy Aggie
11-27-2016, 09:24 AM
Carthage smoked stafford last year. Not sure it'll be any different this go around

PurplePop
11-27-2016, 12:17 PM
Carthage smoked stafford last year. Not sure it'll be any different this go around

I'm thinking the same thing. Stafford operating with most of the same players that got shutout by Carthage last year.

speedbump
11-27-2016, 12:30 PM
I'm thinking the same thing. Stafford operating with most of the same players that got shutout by Carthage last year.

So in Stafford returning a bunch of starters doesn't mean improvement like it does everywhere else?

PurplePop
11-27-2016, 12:33 PM
So in Stafford returning a bunch of starters doesn't mean improvement like it does everywhere else?

Actually, I was leaning Stafford until I saw last year's score. Was Carthage more dominant on D last year than this year. Stafford's QB has definitely had a great year this year and they have a very solid defense.

bobcat1
11-27-2016, 12:39 PM
Ima thinking Carthage. Been there done that kinda thing.

speedbump
11-27-2016, 12:56 PM
Actually, I was leaning Stafford until I saw last year's score. Was Carthage more dominant on D last year than this year. Stafford's QB has definitely had a great year this year and they have a very solid defense.

Stafford has lots of talent all over the field, tons of speed, they are well coached and I don't think they have forgotten last years game. This will be no cake walk for Carthage.

PurplePop
11-27-2016, 01:07 PM
Stafford has lots of talent all over the field, tons of speed, they are well coached and I don't think they have forgotten last years game. This will be no cake walk for Carthage.

Ok. I'm back to picking Stafford. Looking at schedules, it looks like Stafford has a more consistent D than Carthage, and D is always the key.

Dawgs
11-27-2016, 01:26 PM
Ok. I'm back to picking Stafford. Looking at schedules, it looks like Stafford has a more consistent D than Carthage, and D is always the key.

Stafford has played 3 quality opponents this year and have given up 27 ppg in those contest. Just because they have played and limited a buncha bad teams doesn't mean they have a good defense. This game will be won on offense. I don't think they can stop Carthage rushing attack. We will see if Carthage can get some stops on D. Should be a close game either way. A close game Carthage has a major advantage. We have played in so many close games this year, and our team has finally matured into what we saw flashes of all thru the season. With that said both teams need to bring their A+ game to win. One factor is Carthage fans. We are gonna be loud in Lufkin!! Everybody is fully back hitched to the bandwagon, and very few ETX teams are left in the playoffs. We will have a huge crowd.

Dawgs
11-27-2016, 01:28 PM

Nothing is a cake walk from here on out. Honestly probably can't pick a favorite in this game. Who ever executes the best, wins. I will say if Carthage can replicate that performance from last week, I don't think any team in the state in our division can beat them. We played almost the perfect game considering how good Henderson was.

But speed won't be a factor. This game will be won in the trenches. You should come watch and see how physical these boys from Carthage are. We might give up some yards and points, but these boys on D bring the wood! Might be the hardest hitting team we have ever had. Every game 3-4 hits that you can't believe the kids are getting up from.

PurplePop
11-27-2016, 01:45 PM
Stafford has played 3 quality opponents this year and have given up 27 ppg in those contest. Just because they have played and limited a buncha bad teams doesn't mean they have a good defense. This game will be won on offense. I don't think they can stop Carthage rushing attack. We will see if Carthage can get some stops on D. Should be a close game either way. A close game Carthage has a major advantage. We have played in so many close games this year, and our team has finally matured into what we saw flashes of all thru the season. With that said both teams need to bring their A+ game to win. One factor is Carthage fans. We are gonna be loud in Lufkin!! Everybody is fully back hitched to the bandwagon, and very few ETX teams are left in the playoffs. We will have a huge crowd.

Either of these teams, along with Wylie, China Spring and La Vega could win state. I really don't see much separation with any of these teams. Except, I'm kind of being state champion politically correct with La Vega. It's really only the other four in the running.

speedbump
11-27-2016, 01:49 PM
Nothing is a cake walk from here on out. Honestly probably can't pick a favorite in this game. Who ever executes the best, wins. I will say if Carthage can replicate that performance from last week, I don't think any team in the state in our division can beat them. We played almost the perfect game considering how good Henderson was.

But speed won't be a factor. This game will be won in the trenches. You should come watch and see how physical these boys from Carthage are. We might give up some yards and points, but these boys on D bring the wood! Might be the hardest hitting team we have ever had. Every game 3-4 hits that you can't believe the kids are getting up from.

The Dogs will need to be physical. Stafford will be. I see both teams running almost at will. Last team with the ball wins.

Dawgs
11-27-2016, 02:21 PM
The Dogs will need to be physical. Stafford will be. I see both teams running almost at will. Last team with the ball wins.

Agreed. Whoever gets a couple of stops wins, and has the ball last wins.

cowboyandchrist
11-27-2016, 04:14 PM
Dawgs by 1 over Stafford.

bansheefan03
11-27-2016, 04:21 PM
How is Stafford's Dept last year's team didn't have many guys dressed out ? Carthage does not have any two way starters and could play a big roll in the game

slingshot
11-27-2016, 04:21 PM
Stafford is very good but gotta go with 'the other dawgs' (everyone knows the REAL DAWGS are located in south Abilene) by 10.

sk1
11-27-2016, 04:42 PM
I want to add a poll to this discussion but it's not giving me the option to..

44INAROW
11-27-2016, 04:54 PM
I want to add a poll to this discussion but it's not giving me the option to..

I can't figure out adding a poll either ( using iPad i.e. iPhone). Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oldtownag
11-27-2016, 05:51 PM
A few teams always are still in the hunt this time of year. Carthage is one of those.

Dawgs by 7

oldtownag
11-27-2016, 07:39 PM
Interesting statistic stolen off another site:

Carthage's record under Coach Surratt in Regional Championship games is 6-0.

2015- WON over Silsbee 56-40 before losing in State Semi-finals

2013- WON over West Orange-Stark 28-14 on way to State Championship #4

2012 - WON over West Orange-Stark (?) before losing in State Semi-finals [Need some assistance here. Was it WO-S? What was the score?]

2010 - WON over Argyle 44-27 on way to State Championship #3

2009 - WON over Lorena 28-21 on way to State Championship #2

2008 - WON over Gilmer 31-28 on way to State Championship #1

Dawgs
11-27-2016, 11:47 PM
http://www.scout.com/college/football/recruiting/story/1732542-huge-playoff-effort-for-talented-2018-back

I know Stafford has a buncha 4 star recruits and track stars, but I would be willing to bet Carthage has the best player on the field this week. He might be the best player on any team left playing in 4a. And the kid is only a junior.

Saggy Aggie
11-27-2016, 11:52 PM
http://www.scout.com/college/football/recruiting/story/1732542-huge-playoff-effort-for-talented-2018-back

I know Stafford has a buncha 4 star recruits and track stars, but I would be willing to bet Carthage has the best player on the field this week. He might be the best player on any team left playing in 4a. And the kid is only a junior.

Not sure who you're referring to, but hezekiah jones is a beast. If somebody on the field is better than him, I'd like to see them

Dawgs
11-28-2016, 12:19 AM
Not sure who you're referring to, but hezekiah jones is a beast. If somebody on the field is better than him, I'd like to see them
Well I posted the link to who I am referring to. That will be the best FOOTBALL player on the field Friday night.

WOS87
11-28-2016, 02:18 AM

2012 - WON over West Orange-Stark (?) before losing in State Semi-finals [Need some assistance here. Was it WO-S? What was the score?]

You've only played WOS once and we played you closer than anyone that year. :wave:

speedbump
11-28-2016, 03:18 AM

In 2012 you guys beat Silsbee 50 -21 before losing in the Semi - finals.

oldtownag
11-28-2016, 07:45 AM
You've only played WOS once and we played you closer than anyone that year. :wave:

I was there. Yes it was very close. Howling wind.

P.S. I said I copied that info. I didn't verify anything.

PurplePop
11-28-2016, 08:16 AM

Not bad

pancho villa
11-28-2016, 09:56 AM
Stafford by 21 Dawgs can't stop Jones!!!

LionFan72
11-28-2016, 10:07 AM
I'm gonna have to go with Carthage to wink by, catch Stafford asleep one time, it's over!

Dawgs
11-28-2016, 10:33 AM
Stafford by 21 Dawgs can't stop Jones!!!

Well we didn't stop Calvin Tyler from Silsbee or Lekendrick VanZandt from Henderson either. I guess here is another one we won't stop.

cowboyandchrist
11-28-2016, 11:04 AM
Just curious, how did the Rice Birds beat Stafford.
Rice birds beat Stafford.
Henderson beat Rice Birds.
Dawgs beat Henderson.
Let's Go Dawgs !!!!!
God Bless coaches, players, and fans.

Saggy Aggie
11-28-2016, 11:29 AM
Well I posted the link to who I am referring to. That will be the best FOOTBALL player on the field Friday night.

My bad, completely missed the link

waterboy
11-28-2016, 11:35 AM
Never bet against Carthage in the playoffs. Once they start rolling it takes a heck of a team to beat them.

Dawgs
11-28-2016, 11:44 AM
Never bet against Carthage in the playoffs. Once they start rolling it takes a heck of a team to beat them.
I don't think Stafford is the team to do it just yet. They are building a good program over there, but it's not their time yet. I don't see them beating the Dawgs. I could be wrong, but I just don't see it. Carthage is playing with alot of confidence right now. And a confident Surratt coached team is scary.

Now if we get past this week, I will act a lot more like I acted against Henderson. CS or LV is going to be a hell of a test. Carthage has to get there first. Survive and advance.

waterboy
11-28-2016, 11:52 AM
I don't think Stafford is the team to do it just yet. They are building a good program over there, but it's not their time yet. I don't see them beating the Dawgs. I could be wrong, but I just don't see it. Carthage is playing with alot of confidence right now. And a confident Surratt coached team is scary.

Now if we get past this week, I will act a lot more like I acted against Henderson. CS or LV is going to be a hell of a test. Carthage has to get there first. Survive and advance.

That's what it's all about at this stage. I like the Dawgs chances this week. If they are fortunate enough to win, I agree that next week's game would be a HUGE test regardless of which team is there.

pancho villa
11-28-2016, 12:04 PM
Well we didn't stop Calvin Tyler from Silsbee or Lekendrick VanZandt from Henderson either. I guess here is another one we won't stop.

This kid will wear the pups out!!

Dawgs
11-28-2016, 12:10 PM
This kid will wear the pups out!!
Who Jones?

speedbump
11-28-2016, 01:27 PM

Jones is a WR. The running back the dawgs won't stop is James Brown. Think of Brown as Tyler with speed.

speedbump
11-28-2016, 01:42 PM
Just curious, how did the Rice Birds beat Stafford.
Rice birds beat Stafford.
Henderson beat Rice Birds.
Dawgs beat Henderson.
Let's Go Dawgs !!!!!

Funny how Kilgore doesn't figure in there anywhere. The only team to play both Carthage and Stafford. Guess you forgot about them.

Kilgore beat Carthage
Stafford beat Kilgore
Stafford by ---

I'll let you fill in the blanks.

Dawgs
11-28-2016, 01:49 PM
Jones is a WR. The running back the dawgs won't stop is James Brown. Think of Brown as Tyler with speed.

Really. Ohh no. I guess Carthage shouldn't even show up. They just have to much speed for us. Not only is James Brown going to run all over the Dawgs, he is going to sing a very, very soulful rendition of the national anthem before the game starts.

bansheefan03
11-28-2016, 02:07 PM
So do you think he is better then Tyler and vanzandt

speedbump
11-28-2016, 02:15 PM

No, he's just another very good RB.

bansheefan03
11-28-2016, 02:20 PM

44INAROW
11-28-2016, 02:25 PM
I created a poll and merged with previously posted thread - hope that's OK with the Carthage and Stafford folks.... I tried every which way from Sunday to add the poll to the original post - no luck... anyway - let me know if something didn't merge right.... sorry it took so long...

Lorey

oh yea - GO MEAN GREEN :)

Saggy Aggie
11-28-2016, 02:55 PM
It'll be closer than last year, but dawgs by 14 or so

cowboyandchrist
11-28-2016, 07:09 PM
It appears speedbump is going to be a very sad poster if the Dawgs win against all those unbeatable Stafford players, just like 2010 Brownwood, Number one ranked Navasota, and the rest that could not be beat by the Dawgs.
Let's Go Dawgs !!!!!

speedbump
11-28-2016, 07:53 PM

Try reading my answer again.

speedbump
11-28-2016, 08:05 PM
It appears speedbump is going to be a very sad poster if the Dawgs win against all those unbeatable Stafford players, just like 2010 Brownwood, Number one ranked Navasota, and the rest that could not be beat by the Dawgs.
Let's Go Dawgs !!!!!

1 - Why would I be sad? I'm no Stafford fan and I don't know who I'll pick yet.
2 - Why do you think they are unbeatable?
3 - Dawgs by only 1? Does this mean the storm is starting to fizzle a little? Fill me in so I can figure out who to pick and why.

cowboyandchrist
11-28-2016, 08:43 PM
The storm is still moving across Texas, it has not been stopped yet. Will Stafford stop it, we will no Friday night around 10 pm. Yes I believe the Dawgs will win this game by 1 point in a very hard fought game.
Coach S is ( in my opinion) the best coach in the State and has proven over and over that he prepares his Dawg teams to beat the teams they are not supposed to beat.
Betting against the Dawgs has not been a good bet since coach S came to Carthage in 2007.
Let's Go Dawgs !!!!!

ECBirdFan
11-29-2016, 09:17 AM
I am not 100% sure but I believe the only team to knock Carthage out of the playoffs when they are rolling is El Campo. Twice if I am not mistaken.

Nonetheless, Stafford did not score on El Campo in the second half. They threw a hail mary to end the first half. Stafford is fast, has a good rb and wr.

I feel the score will be very close due to the defenses.

I just don't know who to favor. Dawgs by 3 or less. Maybe!

Dawgs
11-29-2016, 09:25 AM
I am not 100% sure but I believe the only team to knock Carthage out of the playoffs when they are rolling is El Campo. Twice if I am not mistaken.

Nonetheless, Stafford did not score on El Campo in the second half. They threw a hail mary to end the first half. Stafford is fast, has a good rb and wr.

I feel the score will be very close due to the defenses.

I just don't know who to favor. Dawgs by 3 or less. Maybe!

Yes in 2012 we were rolling and EC knocked us out of the playoffs. But in 2014 Carthage started the season 1-5, and EC best them in the 2nd round of the playoffs. Ended the season 6-6, we were not rolling. We were rolling pretty good last year when LV knocked us out, and Argylt beat us in 2011 in double overtime. They went on to get beat by Wimberly in the state finals that year.

Txbroadcaster
11-29-2016, 10:01 AM
Yes in 2012 we were rolling and EC knocked us out of the playoffs. But in 2014 Carthage started the season 1-5, and EC best them in the 2nd round of the playoffs. Ended the season 6-6, we were not rolling. We were rolling pretty good last year when LV knocked us out, and Argylt beat us in 2011 in double overtime. They went on to get beat by Wimberly in the state finals that year.

That Argyle vs Carthage game was so awesome.

cowboyandchrist
11-29-2016, 11:05 AM
Speedbump I owe you an apology I got you mixed up lostaussie. Sorry I need to do a better job of reading who wrote which comments.

Scoop27
11-29-2016, 11:39 AM
The Spartans just have so much speed which I don't think can be stopped

Txbroadcaster
11-29-2016, 12:10 PM
The Spartans just have so much speed which I don't think can be stopped

El Campo stopped it.

Dogs_21
11-29-2016, 04:40 PM
Carthage always a beast and I dont know who will win but Stafford will have the best player on the field.

sk1
11-29-2016, 07:06 PM
Staffords Hezekiah Jones signed to play for Texas A&M today. He is graduating high school a semester early and will enroll at A&M for the spring semester.

http://vype.com/houston/2016/11/29/staffords-jones-signs-early-with-texas-am/

bird_fan
11-29-2016, 07:27 PM
Stafford couldnt beat the Ricebirds I dont think they can beat the Dawgs

Roughneck93
11-30-2016, 09:27 PM
http://www.chron.com/sports/highschool/article/Unique-Stafford-finding-way-on-big-stage-10645906.php

WOS87
11-30-2016, 09:37 PM
Silsbee and Bridge City came close to beating both. La Vega, Kennedale,Van and Wylie are waiting. Oh and China Spring.

oldtownag
11-30-2016, 11:14 PM
Silsbee and Bridge City came close to beating both. La Vega, Kennedale,Van and Wylie are waiting. Oh and China Spring.

And Gilmer, Celina, etc...

WOS87
12-01-2016, 07:21 AM
Hope everything is okay in Stafford. Huge explosion there just now.

sk1
12-01-2016, 08:11 AM
Hope everything is okay in Stafford. Huge explosion there just now.

Investigators said the blast happened just before 4 a.m. at Jimmerson Underground warehouse in the area of the 300 block of Brand Lane. Jimmerson is an underground electrical company, police said.

Firefighters found the building on fire and were able to quickly extinguish the flames.

No one was hurt in the explosion

oldtownag
12-01-2016, 08:48 AM
http://etsn.fm/carthage-clashes-with-stafford-in-rematch-from-2015/

lostaussie
12-01-2016, 09:22 AM
Speedbump I owe you an apology I got you mixed up lostaussie. Sorry I need to do a better job of reading who wrote which comments.

How I get brought into this? :thinking:

Txbroadcaster
12-01-2016, 10:40 AM

You are always starting problems.

speedbump
12-01-2016, 11:45 AM

I think he got confused about what he thought he was confused about. It can all be confusing at times. This kinda reminds me of old cowboyandchrist ........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MsbvGmLaU4

Rabid Cougar
12-01-2016, 12:14 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-adwyzeWPVg

Keaton Dudik #2

Doesn't hurt he's got 1,500 pounds of humanity in front of him

speedbump
12-01-2016, 07:52 PM
I need to make my pick before I wind up in a padded cell somewhere. I've changed my mind about 11 times already but here it is. The Carthage run defense will allow the Stafford offense to click on the ground, which will open it up in the air as well. Staffords D will manage a few stops and the Spartans will score late for a 34 -24 win.

Dawgs
12-01-2016, 08:21 PM
http://www.chron.com/sports/highschool/article/Unique-Stafford-finding-way-on-big-stage-10645906.php

This is a good article. Sounds like Stafford has came a long way, and still has plans of going farther.

But not this year! Carthage not ready to give up that Region 3 crown just yet!

Dawgs
12-01-2016, 08:22 PM
I need to make my pick before I wind up in a padded cell somewhere. I've changed my mind about 11 times already but here it is. The Carthage run defense will allow the Stafford offense to click on the ground, which will open it up in the air as well. Staffords D will manage a few stops and the Spartans will score late for a 34 -24 win.

Not so fast my friend! Dawgs win. Keontay Ingram put the Dawgs on his back with 40 touches and Carthage survives a barn burner.

bansheefan03
12-01-2016, 08:23 PM
Elcampo d gave up almost as many rush yards as Carthage did to henderson

Aggie98
12-01-2016, 09:06 PM
I got Cartherage by 8, 35-27 Dawgs.

speedbump
12-02-2016, 12:42 AM
Elcampo d gave up almost as many rush yards as Carthage did to henderson

Henderson had 246 against EC. VanZandt alone had 255 against Carthage. Not sure how much the others had for Henderson.

regaleagle
12-02-2016, 12:49 AM
I got one question for Cowboy&Christ......what about that storm front? Is it gonna materalize or not? Hahaha.....just messing with you, man.

bansheefan03
12-02-2016, 07:45 AM
Not much we pretty much shut down there qb which if I'm not mistaken had over 100 on y'all think we held him to less then 30 take away one run wich went for 85 then r run d don't look to bad

cowboyandchrist
12-02-2016, 08:38 AM
The storm moves into Lufkin, Texas tonight. Will it stall out or will it gain strength. I believe it gets stronger and continues to build.
This time of the year you never know how storms will go. Ha ha.
This Dawg team has done the impossible so far. Coach S has taken a Dawg team that is not as talented as Dawg teams in the past and turned them into a complete team player with all three squads offense, defense, and special teams playing at a very high level. I believe the Dawgs win by 1 and the storm continues to move across Texas.
God Bless coaches, players, and fans. I pray for safe travels and no injuries.

pancho villa
12-02-2016, 08:43 AM
A storm is coming to Lufkin tonight from southwest of Houston. It will be moving real fast and knocking down all things in its path.

speedbump
12-02-2016, 01:16 PM
Not much we pretty much shut down there qb which if I'm not mistaken had over 100 on y'all think we held him to less then 30 take away one run wich went for 85 then r run d don't look to bad

We pretty much shut down their QB too if we take 85 yds off his total. :doh:

Dawgs
12-02-2016, 03:41 PM
Would anybody believe me if I said that Carthage will limit Jones's impact on this game, and keep him out of the endzone? Our secondary is the strength of our defense. We held Henderson's Ebner to 1 TD in 2 games. Stafford can have success on offense, but it won't be from the passing game. I think people are gonna be surprised at how we are able to match up on the outside with those 2 D1 receivers. Our boys have been matching up with D1 receivers all year, and winning those battles. This is going to be a good one. Good luck to both teams. Hope for no injuries and a clean game. Both teams have had great seasons up to this point. Both have alot to be proud of. Proud of the way these boys from Carthage responded this season. Had some bumps along the way in the middle of the season, but this team matured in a big way late in the season. Proud of them Dawgs no matter what. This team kept the tradition, and Carthage is playing in a Regional Championship game for the 7th time in 9 years.

speedbump
12-02-2016, 04:10 PM
Would anybody believe me if I said that Carthage will limit Jones's impact on this game, and keep him out of the endzone?

You may keep him out of the end zone but he will still have a huge impact. They don't throw to him as much as you think,but you had better have a couple of guys on him all night just in case.

Dawgs
12-02-2016, 09:07 PM
Stafford came to play. Everything Carthage can't do they have done so far. Turnover and give up a punt return TD.

Dawgs
12-02-2016, 09:29 PM
You may keep him out of the end zone but he will still have a huge impact. They don't throw to him as much as you think,but you had better have a couple of guys on him all night just in case.

One of those corners I was talking about just took the ball away from Jones and took it to the house. This game is going to come down to the final seconds. Stafford good. Carthage good.

Dawgs
12-02-2016, 09:31 PM
Stafford has by far the best special teams we have seen all year. Both defenses playing ball.

Dawgs
12-02-2016, 09:43 PM
Stafford killing Carthage in the special team battle. Carthage better find some answers on offense and special teams at the half, or this one will get out of hand. But if any team can do it, it's Carthage. 26-14 with 1 min left in the half.

cowboyandchrist
12-03-2016, 12:19 AM
Stafford killing Carthage in the special team battle. Carthage better find some answers on offense and special teams at the half, or this one will get out of hand. But if any team can do it, it's Carthage. 26-14 with 1 min left in the half.

The Dawgs shut Stafford out in the second half and scored one more point than Stafford had to win Dawgs 27 Stafford 26.
I said the Dawgs would win by 1, but the game aged me and I am too old for that.
Stafford was the real deal, they had the fastest team we have ever seen, even coach S said they were the fastest team they have faced since he has been at Carthage.
Their D line was big, strong, and fast. Number 55 was a beast.
Congrats to Stafford on a great season.
The Dawgs were not to be denied, they played their rear ends off. When they fell behind 13 to 0, I said man they are just to fast for us.
Oh how I was wrong, the Dawgs reached down deep and started making big play after big play.
Dawg DB takes a pass caught by their D 1 receiver out of his hands and returns it for a TD and you just knew in your mind that the Dawgs were about to grab second gear.
The offense did what they had to at the right time in the game to score. The Dawg D was nothing short of amazing they stop Stafford on every possession in the second half.
Great win Dawgs.
The storm continues to move across Texas and is building strength.

Aggie98
12-03-2016, 12:43 AM
Carthage gonna Carthage.

Dawgs
12-03-2016, 01:13 AM
Carthage gonna Carthage.

Err time

Dawgs
12-03-2016, 01:17 AM
Great season Stafford. Wow at the team speed. See you again next year I am sure.

The Dawgs are playing with heart right now. Leaving it all out on the field every game. This team is special. Team win tonight. It want pretty all the time, but I'm the end Carthage did what Carthage does. Win in the playoffs. Great win!

bansheefan03
12-03-2016, 01:46 AM
Well I guess Carthage d is not as bad as y'all thought held them to 13 points with a second half shut out

bansheefan03
12-03-2016, 01:47 AM
Someone needs to offer a good job to #2 for staff parents in carthage .😀

Dawgs
12-03-2016, 06:46 AM
Jones 2 catches 39 yards. Mekhi Colbert (1 of the corners I mentioned before) picked his pocket on 1 catch and took it to the house. He also had a pick 6 for a TD, and had a receiving TD. I told you Carthage would shut down Jones. None of these D1 receivers this year have had any success against Carthage. If you are gonna beat Carthage you will have to do it running the ball. Man we are going to be unbelievably good next year. Our 2018 class is loaded.

http://wac.450f.edgecastcdn.net/80450F/etsn.fm/files/2016/12/DSC_0227.jpg?w=630&h=420&zc=1&cc=000000&a=t

Dawgs
12-03-2016, 07:27 AM
Jones 2 catches 39 yards. Mekhi Colbert (1 of the corners I mentioned before) picked his pocket on 1 catch and took it to the house. He also had a pick 6 for a TD, and had a receiving TD. I told you Carthage would shut down Jones. None of these D1 receivers this year have had any success against Carthage. If you are gonna beat Carthage you will have to do it running the ball. Man we are going to be unbelievably good next year. Our 2018 class is loaded.

http://wac.450f.edgecastcdn.net/80450F/etsn.fm/files/2016/12/DSC_0227.jpg?w=630&h=420&zc=1&cc=000000&a=t

Edit: Colbert didn't have a pick 6. He had an interception and a good return. Then caught a TD pass that was called back due to celebration. So much happened last night I can't even keep up with it. Crazy, crazy game. This playoff run has been crazy. We just keep coming back in the 4th quarter.

Dawgs
12-03-2016, 07:29 AM
http://etsn.fm/carthage-rallies-past-stafford-27-26-for-regional-title/

zebrablue2
12-03-2016, 10:19 AM
http://etsn.fm/carthage-rallies-past-stafford-27-26-for-regional-title/

Thanks for the link!!!

oldtownag
12-03-2016, 10:45 AM
Man, talk about a crazy "heart stopping" game. According to the "radio announcers" Carthage had it won on about 4 occasions.

lostaussie
12-03-2016, 12:37 PM
Can someone elaborate on the "5th" down for Stafford at end of the game?

sk1
12-03-2016, 12:45 PM
1n10 and Stafford passed. Was confusion as to whether is was just inc pass or catch and fumble with Carthage recovering. So refs talked for a bit and decided incomplete. Then they kept it first 1n10 for next play. So when it got to 4n10 it was actually their 5th play at 5th n 10 and they got the first down. After game I heard that there was an inadvertent whistle blown on the true first down play. Well if that happened and there wasn't an actual play then why all the discussion as to if that first play was incomplete pass or catch and fumble. Was very confusing!

cowboyandchrist
12-03-2016, 12:55 PM
According to coach S, the refs blew an inadvertent whistle which made the play where the QB fumbled the ball and Carthage recovered, did not count and they replayed the down. The refs blew the call and they knew it. It should have Carthage ball plain and simple.

lostaussie
12-03-2016, 01:00 PM
If you think that was confusing, you should have been reading FSW score app
Carthage wins
No they don't
Carthage wins again
No they don't
Fumble
No it wasn't
Lol

oldtownag
12-03-2016, 01:45 PM
Everything turned out ok because Stafford missed the field goal. The refs screw up was inexcusable, especially at that critical time of the game.

Roughneck93
12-03-2016, 01:50 PM
Carthage wins
No they don't
Carthage wins again
No they don't
Fumble
No it wasn't
Lol
That WAS confusing...I stopped following along there.

Dawgs
12-03-2016, 01:56 PM
Carthage wins
No they don't
Carthage wins again
No they don't
Fumble
No it wasn't
Lol
They need some moderation on that thing. Wow. Its hard to even read some of the stuff.

lostaussie
12-03-2016, 02:11 PM
They need some moderation on that thing. Wow. Its hard to even read some of the stuff.

Most of it is High and Junior High kids acting a dang fool