PDA

View Full Version : Tom Herman

Saggy Aggie
11-24-2016, 01:40 PM
UH board of regents comes out and explicitly says UH will not lose til Herman because of money. If he wants to go, he can go, but they're willing to match any offer....

The school is also working on a contract extension right now. I hope they make the buyout massive

NastySlot
11-24-2016, 01:46 PM
I think he's gone. Easier route to playoffs (then if he went to LSU) and Charlie is leaving him quite a bit of talent.

1st and goal
11-24-2016, 02:45 PM
Depends on how money hungry he is.

Saggy Aggie
11-24-2016, 03:16 PM
Depends on how money hungry he is.

I literally just said UH will match any offer

1st and goal
11-24-2016, 03:34 PM
Calm down, I can read. Do you think UH can match the highest grossing college sports team in pay? Texas can cut current coach, pay the millions, and laugh about it. UH has been a springboard or walking mat for coaches on the move if you haven't noticed lately. I hope Herman stays at UH. He does have some signature losses this season where they looked horrible.

Roughneck93
11-24-2016, 08:21 PM
LSU making a move to land Herman?

Scoop27
11-24-2016, 09:00 PM
That's what they said on A&M game feed

Macarthur
11-24-2016, 10:30 PM
Calm down, I can read. Do you think UH can match the highest grossing college sports team in pay? Texas can cut current coach, pay the millions, and laugh about it. UH has been a springboard or walking mat for coaches on the move if you haven't noticed lately. I hope Herman stays at UH. He does have some signature losses this season where they looked horrible.

This is the attitude that has UT in its current situation. You simply can't just money whip people anymore.

Newsflash! Everyone has $.

Saggy Aggie
11-25-2016, 12:42 PM
Tom Herman publicly says the rumors are false

regaleagle
11-25-2016, 12:51 PM
Tom Herman publicly says the rumors are false

What's he supposed to say in the pregame interview......that they are all true??? He's got a tough game against Memphis in literally minutes before kickoff.

regaleagle
11-25-2016, 12:53 PM
If Memphis wins today.......very possible.......then Herman is definitely not staying in Houston, regardless of what UH offers him. He probably has no good reason to stay anyway with the offers that will come his way.

regaleagle
11-25-2016, 01:02 PM
Major Applewhite is the playcaller for the Cougars now......hmmm. Could Applewhite be the next UH head coach?

hookandladder
11-26-2016, 12:25 PM
This is the attitude that has UT in its current situation. You simply can't just money whip people anymore.

So funny,Lol

hookandladder
11-26-2016, 12:27 PM

I literally just said UH will match any offer

Do you really think UH has that deep of pockets, I am. Betting not.

Roughneck93
11-26-2016, 05:33 PM
Eyes of Texas on Tom Herman as ‘Horns hire Cougars coach
http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/11/26/eyes-of-texas-on-tom-herman-as-horns-hire-cougars-coach/

hookandladder
11-26-2016, 05:46 PM
What a surprise, right saggy. Lol

Saggy Aggie
11-26-2016, 06:02 PM
No, not a surprise. But like I said, it wasn't going to be because of money.

Macarthur
11-26-2016, 06:10 PM
Do you really think UH has that deep of pockets, I am. Betting not.

UH could have matched money, yes. He left because its UT and they are UH.

I know it's hard for you to understand, but every school has rich boosters. Just because UT has "more" doesn't mean you can just pay a guy $50 million a year. It doesn't work that way.

hookandladder
11-26-2016, 06:37 PM
UH could have matched money, yes. He left because its UT and they are UH.

I know it's hard for you to understand, but every school has rich boosters. Just because UT has "more" doesn't mean you can just pay a guy $50 million a year. It doesn't work that way.

Your just ignorant if you think that, go blow smoke up some else's ass *******.

Macarthur
11-26-2016, 07:20 PM
If you are going to call someone ignorant, you might first make sure your spelling and grammar is correct.

hookandladder
11-26-2016, 09:23 PM
If you are going to call someone ignorant, you might first make sure your spelling and grammar is correct.

Mac KMA, can you figure that out. Is that simple enough for you, dude.

Saggy Aggie
11-26-2016, 10:33 PM
Your just ignorant if you think that, go blow smoke up some else's ass *******.

UH billionaire alumni said they wouldn't lose Herman over money. I know facts are hard for you

www.chron.com/sports/cougars/amp/Tilman-Fertitta-ready-to-spend-to-keep-Tom-Herman-10629214.php

The 5 mil or so the longhorns are gonna pay him is pocket change for these boosters.

hookandladder
11-27-2016, 09:24 AM
UH billionaire alumni said they wouldn't lose Herman over money. I know facts are hard for you

www.chron.com/sports/cougars/amp/Tilman-Fertitta-ready-to-spend-to-keep-Tom-Herman-10629214.php

The 5 mil or so the longhorns are gonna pay him is pocket change for these boosters.

Dude get over it , that is chump change for Texas. You just mad you made an ignorant post that Herman may not even be interested in Texas, it's his dream job not some dump like colleyville.

Saggy Aggie
11-27-2016, 10:22 AM
Dude get over it , that is chump change for Texas. You just mad you made an ignorant post that Herman may not even be interested in Texas, it's his dream job not some dump like colleyville.

If for once you could just not be a complete dumbass that would be great. You literally are too dumb to even understand the point people are making.

Also, I never said he wasn't interested. I said does anyone actually know if he is.

hookandladder
11-27-2016, 02:00 PM
If for once you could just not be a complete dumbass that would be great. You literally are too dumb to even understand the point people are making.

Also, I never said he wasn't interested. I said does anyone actually know if he is.
Go back and read your post, dumbass.

Macarthur
11-27-2016, 09:27 PM
Here's the thing, he has been very good at Houston and he has earned the right to be the new hot commodity. However, just like when player step up and competition, coaches have to step up in competition also. Herman was having to face maybe three or four really good coach is a year when he was in Houston. Now he will have to face a really good coach every single week. First up, stoops. Next, Mike Gundy. Next, Gary Patterson. Next, Snyder. Etc.

and everyone wants to talk about how recruiting is going to skyrocket Newsflash! Charlie's issue wasn't recruiting. He was hauling in great classes.

I frequent a couple of big 12 sites and I can tell you they respect UT and this hire but NO ONE is running to the hills scared to death of tom Herman.

Saggy Aggie
11-27-2016, 09:32 PM
I think it'll prove to be a good hire. Curious how long exactly it will take to produce a winner...

sinfan75
11-27-2016, 09:59 PM
Next year will be a learning curve but they should show improvement from last year. By year 3 they should be contending for a conference championship. If not they'll probably be looking another coach.

BwdLions
12-03-2016, 07:42 AM

If you're going to correct someone, make sure your spelling and grammar are correct.

sinfan75
12-03-2016, 10:19 PM
Maybe Texas should sign their HCs to a 3 year contract instead of 5. Might save them some money.

Roughneck93
12-07-2016, 05:23 PM
http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/h419/trueblue74/54F7EF47-8282-4BF3-A462-D8E8598F33FD.jpeg (http://s1108.photobucket.com/user/trueblue74/media/54F7EF47-8282-4BF3-A462-D8E8598F33FD.jpeg.html)

Saggy Aggie
12-07-2016, 07:01 PM
Did this idiot really just post his phone number on the internet?

hookandladder
12-08-2016, 12:28 PM
did this idiot really just post his phone number on the internet?

omg- lmao.

duckhunter
12-08-2016, 01:32 PM
just think in the last two months of the season the Texas Longhorns' new coach had loses to SMU, Memphis, and Navy....

not exactly the resume of an elite college coach so could argue

bigcountry
12-08-2016, 11:46 PM
Did this idiot really just post his phone number on the internet?

Who are you calling an idiot goober boy? You don't think the football office to the flagship university for the state of Texas is common knowledge? Wow. Unreal.

bigcountry
12-09-2016, 12:05 AM
just think in the last two months of the season the Texas Longhorns' new coach had loses to SMU, Memphis, and Navy....

not exactly the resume of an elite college coach so could argue

Just think in his two years at Houston, the Cougars were 6-0 against top 25 ranked teams. What state of Texas team can say that over the last 2 years duck breath? I'll hang up and listen?....

Over the last two years at Houston, his record was 22-4 with wins over Florida State, Oklahoma, & Louisville...all highly ranked. Again duck breath, what school in Texas has that record over the last two years? It is sure not Freefall U. in Collie Station. He also helped bring a national title to Ohio State as their offensive coordinator. LSU & other programs wanted him, and you question his resume? Come on. Just keep kidding yourself while this guy goes to work turning Texas right back into a winner. Horn fans, enjoy the ride.

And did that at Houston. Wow, what he will now do with all the resources of THE FLAGSHIP UNIVERSITY FOR THE STATE OF TEXAS. HOOK'EM! 🤘

Saggy Aggie
12-09-2016, 10:51 AM
Who are you calling an idiot goober boy? You don't think the football office to the flagship university for the state of Texas is common knowledge? Wow. Unreal.

Well idk,

I just looked online because maybe thats a good point... but the number to the football office posted on the atheltics directory and the number given for Herman on there is different than this one. If this is his personal office number, hes an idiot.