PDA

View Full Version : Sleepers in 4A-D1?

PurplePop
11-24-2016, 11:21 AM
I was looking at the top 4A-D1 schools records and scores and it looks to me like there is no clear favorite. Argyle and China Spring look like they've given up too many points and against some weak teams to claim "dominant" status. La Vega is definitely not the team they were last year. To me it looked like at least eight teams have a shot at the 4A-D1 title. Who of the top 8 to 10 teams (other than Argyle, CS and LV) in 4A-D1 might be a real sleeper to win it all?

Tejastrue
11-24-2016, 01:56 PM
Andrews maybe ..they put near 60 on Brownwood. If I recall the Lions folk had high praise for their offense.

slingshot
11-24-2016, 02:03 PM
Andrews maybe ..they put near 60 on Brownwood. If I recall the Lions folk had high praise for their offense.Was thinking the same thing. Will find out just how good they are next week (provided they get by Levelland, no easy task) when they have to play Wylie or Argyle--teams with top flight defenses. Andrews will HAVE to play some defense from here on out, can't beat elite teams with just with offense.

hollywood
11-24-2016, 03:06 PM
Last 6 games Andrews' offense has averaged 66 points per game. They have been in a few shootouts. Seem to always find a way to win expect against L. Coronado, in which the QB Williams did not play.

Tejastrue
11-24-2016, 10:37 PM
and that same 5A DI Coronado team is 11-1 and still alive.

regaleagle
11-25-2016, 02:04 AM
From what I've read and what I'm hearing on here and the other site.......Henderson has all the ingredients to make that run to the Championship game despite the opposition. I guess we'll find out this week against a Carthage team they defeated in the regular season. Carthage has a very good idea of how to play the Lions, and what the Lions will bring to the dance. If Surratt and Company cannot get past them this week, then look out......they are the real deal regardless.

toddg
11-25-2016, 02:37 AM
and that same 5A DI Coronado team is 11-1 and still alive.they won't be after this week

lostaussie
11-25-2016, 08:48 AM
Stafford

Saggy Aggie
11-25-2016, 10:07 PM
Andrews is getting smoked

lostaussie
11-25-2016, 10:20 PM
Andrews is getting smoked

I picked Levelland:D

regaleagle
11-25-2016, 11:49 PM
Ain't no sleepers after this weekend, LOL......everybody left is wide awake.:smoker:

cowboyandchrist
11-26-2016, 11:08 AM
I was looking at the top 4A-D1 schools records and scores and it looks to me like there is no clear favorite. Argyle and China Spring look like they've given up too many points and against some weak teams to claim "dominant" status. La Vega is definitely not the team they were last year. To me it looked like at least eight teams have a shot at the 4A-D1 title. Who of the top 8 to 10 teams (other than Argyle, CS and LV) in 4A-D1 might be a real sleeper to win it all?

The storm continues to move across Texas, it hit the Henderson Lions last night and is now moving towards Stafford.
Please take cover the storm is gaining strength every week. It started with light winds, then rain, this weekend was thunder and lightening, next Friday heavy rain and strong winds with roaring thunder and lightening that lights up the sky.
The Dawgnator is forming, it appears to be heading towards Jerrys house. Will it run out of steam, I don't know, but it seems to be getting stronger.
God Bless coaches, players, and fans.

lostaussie
11-26-2016, 11:19 AM
The storm continues to move across Texas, it hit the Henderson Lions last night and is now moving towards Stafford.
Please take cover the storm is gaining strength every week. It started with light winds, then rain, this weekend was thunder and lightening, next Friday heavy rain and strong winds with roaring thunder and lightening that lights up the sky.
The Dawgnator is forming, it appears to be heading towards Jerrys house. Will it run out of steam, I don't know, but it seems to be getting stronger.

Every time you do that crap you jinx them!!!!

Roughneck93
11-26-2016, 11:27 AM
Every time you do that crap you jinx them!!!!
Lol....

Go Stafford!

Tejastrue
11-26-2016, 12:25 PM
Talk about sleepers. It appears the play of Andrews was Ambien induced. wow

cowboyandchrist
11-26-2016, 01:28 PM
It has worked 4 times (state champs) since 2008, 6 semi finals, 8 quarter finals. I guess I will keep doing it. Let's Go Dawgs !!!!