PDA

View Full Version : Carthage vs Henderson, Friday 6pm and Longview Lobo Stadium

Dawgs
11-23-2016, 06:04 PM
Can the Dawgs shock the state again? This is a very intriguing matchup. Henderson won the 1st matchup 36-28. Carthage came out flat, and Surratt would not punt the ball causing the Dawgs to get in a 22-0 hole very early. Carthage showed heart and battled back to make it a 1 score game. Note that Henderson took a knee with about a minute left in the 4th quarter to end the game. They could've gone into score to push the score to a 15 point win. Every bit of conventional wisdom says Hennason is going to win this game, but there is nothing conventional about Carthage in the playoffs. The Dawgs have won a lot of games with the odds stacked against them. Henderson is the best team I have seen this year, and honestly after I saw them the 1st time I believed they were the best team in the state. Carthage fans have been very fortunate to see a lot of great teams over the years, and Henderson this year has everything it takes to bring home a state championship. Let's see if the Dawgs can once again deny a great team a shot at a title. Either way this is going to be a heck of an atmosphere, and should be a lot of fun. Can you hear'em growling!?!?

Dawgs
11-23-2016, 06:04 PM
http://www.texasfootball.com/regional-semifinals-preview-breaking-biggest-games-texas-high-school-football-playoffs/

The guys on DCTF like Carthage.

Dawgs
11-23-2016, 06:06 PM
http://etsn.fm/rivals-carthage-henderson-clash-in-district-rematch/

A great article on the game. ETSN does a great job giving information about matchups.

cowboyandchrist
11-23-2016, 08:16 PM
Henderson is an outstanding team, but you cannot pick against the Dawgs in the playoffs. Coach S was going for it on fourth down deep in our on territory the entire first half. He has not done that in the playoffs. This game will come down to the Dawg QB, if Davis is on the Dawgs will be hard to beat. If he takes sacks instead of throwing the ball away, could be a long night. If Davis and Ingram are are both on fire, good by Henderson. I believe the Dawg D will make enough stops to give Davis and Ingram a chance. Henderson will get points, but I truly believe the Dawgs get one more than Henderson.
God Bless coaches, players, and fans.

speedbump
11-23-2016, 09:33 PM
Carthage can't stop the run. Henderson ins again

lostaussie
11-23-2016, 10:56 PM
http://www.texasfootball.com/regional-semifinals-preview-breaking-biggest-games-texas-high-school-football-playoffs/

The guys on DCTF like Carthage.

So does Pit:thumbsup:

Dawgs
11-25-2016, 10:23 PM
Carthage can't stop the run. Henderson ins again

Wrong again. You are getting really good at this. I love it!

Dawgs
11-25-2016, 10:46 PM
You just can't bet against them Dawgs in the playoffs.

cowboyandchrist
11-25-2016, 10:58 PM
The storm continues to move across Texas, tonight the Dawgnator hit The Henderson Lions. Dawgs 33 Lions 31

speedbump
11-25-2016, 11:11 PM
Wrong again. You are getting really good at this. I love it!

I was only half wrong. :)

AggiesAreWe
11-26-2016, 06:24 PM
Kind of sick. My Tigers should have taken down Carthage in 1st round.

Dawgs
11-26-2016, 07:17 PM
Kind of sick. My Tigers should have taken down Carthage in 1st round.

I'm sure a lot of Henderson fans are saying their Lions should've taken down Carthage in the 3rd round. Carthage just knows how to win those kind of games. Everything Surratts does in the regular season preps our young men for the kind of games we had with Silsbee and Henderson.

But we owe a lot of the success over the last 2 weeks to the Silsbee Tigers. That win brought this team together, and they have been playing like a totally different team since that last second win.

WOS87
11-26-2016, 07:25 PM
Thanks for the WOS Public Service Announcement. I firmly believe playing up pre-district helps and is more important than a winning streak. A couple of wobbles and this game would be Bridge City vs Silsbee