PDA

View Full Version : Wylie vs Argyle--Let's get it on!

slingshot
11-19-2016, 09:57 AM
'Unfinished Business'. After falling to Argyle in the last minute of the 2015 4ADI Semifinals that has been the motto for this year's Wylie Bulldogs. Both teams have been looking to this game since the playoff matchups started to round into shape halfway through district play. IMHO this is the defacto Region 1 Championship game. #2 vs #9. Two storied and widely successful (in all sports and UIL events) programs coached by long tenured and fantastic coaching staffs. Great kids on both sides, classy and respectful but focused and intense. Neither will stun you with stat lines or 80 point outbursts but both will hit you in the mouth with suffocating and hard hitting defenses. Should be a classic if both teams show up ready to play! Can't wait...

lostaussie
11-19-2016, 10:10 AM
As good as both these programs are......it's just hard not to take Argyle. They just get it done.

hollywood
11-19-2016, 10:12 AM
One of the best match ups in the entire state here. I think most HS football fans in this region especially, have been highly anticipating this game. I for one have thought it would happen. Call it destiny, call it karma, call it whatever you feel is necessary. This game will live up to it's hype. And for the venue to be at Mineral Wells' stadium, it sets up to be a great atmosphere. Due to its location between Abilene and Argyle, and the fact that it will be turkey hangover day, you'll have HS football fans from everywhere in between attending this classic!

I like what both of these teams bring to the table, I really do. Both are as solid as they come. I'm hoping this is the season where Wylie can get over the hump. The team is there. But I think Argyle has just a little bit more in terms of fire power. Argyle edges Wylie by 1 point. 28-27.

Best of luck to both.

lostaussie
11-19-2016, 10:17 AM
It's a damn hard hump to climb. We got it done 1 out of 4 times. They were truly a pain in Gilmers posterior. One thing I will say though, having played Argyle 4 times and AW twice, these are both some classy programs. I always looked forward to playing both of them.

slingshot
11-19-2016, 10:47 AM
Argyle does seem to peaking at just the right time and that does worry me. Wylie is playing some fantastic defense this year and is loaded on that side of the ball. Offense still struggles at times and is very impressive at times. We have big play potential with several burners that are a threat to take it to the house on any given play and a 1000 yard rusher that can grind it out when needed and still has the speed to pop an occasional long gainer. Penalties are still an issue and we have at times had an issue holding onto the ball. For Wylie to win we will have to put it all together for 4 quarters. However... IF we can do that--we win. Homer pick here, Wylie 27--Argyle 24.

slingshot
11-19-2016, 10:53 AM
BTW--I know we play in Mineral Wells on Friday, does anyone know what time and who is the home team?

ccmom
11-19-2016, 10:57 AM
BTW--I know we play in Mineral Wells on Friday, does anyone know what time and who is the home team?

7:30 but I don't know who is home.

Bosqueville
11-19-2016, 11:05 AM
My gut is telling my Wylie gets it done.

Dawgs
11-19-2016, 11:08 AM
Man these 2 teams are right there every year. 2 great programs. Good luck to both teams.

regaleagle
11-19-2016, 11:16 AM
Well folks......two really great programs here with really great teams this season and somebody is gonna be disappointed. It's a dadgum toss-up anyway you try to slice it. You can look at this and that and try to find an edge here or there, but it will be turnovers, penalties, and how the ball bounces. I sure do like both of these teams.....I wish they could meet in a State Championship someday. I think Argyle is fairly healthy......don't know about the health of the Wyliedawgs. Strap it up and lets rock and roll.

regaleagle
11-19-2016, 11:22 AM
BTW>>>I'm in favor of the Regional Champions from each division deciding the semifinal matchups with a coin flip or draw of some sort.

Wayne
11-19-2016, 08:04 PM
I've personally been anticipating this game since week 3. It is always a great game between these two class act programs. 24-21 Argyle

slingshot
11-19-2016, 08:19 PM
Argyle is the home team.

slingshot
11-19-2016, 08:50 PM
My honest appraisal:

Argyle's offense seems to be more consistent and is quite explosive.
Wylie's offense is frustrating at times due to mistakes and penalties... then you look up and they've scored 45 points in a half.
Edge: Slight edge to Argyle.

Wylie's defense is fast, swarming and has a stud in the middle (Dion Novil... you have to double or triple team him or he will wreck your game plan). This frees up an outstanding trio of linebackers to clean things up.
Argyle's defense is fantastic as always but I think Wylie has an edge here.
Special teams. I know Argyle has an outstanding kicker and he consistently puts KO's in the end zone. Also can nail a 40+ yd FG when needed. Wylie's kicker can also nail it deep and is accurate on FG's from inside 40 yds.
Slight edge to Argyle.
Coaching. Two of the absolute best staffs in the state at any level.
I rate this a toss up.
Intangibles. I know this group of Wylie Seniors very well. I know how bad they want this game. Fantastic group of athletes that play multiple sports. The QB was the shortstop, top RB was catcher and top WR was 3rd base on last year's state championship baseball team. I sense a quiet confidence in them--not arrogance or over confident.
Should be a great one... have already talked to friends from Ft Worth, Brownwood, Stephenville, even Big Spring that said they're coming to this game.

regaleagle
11-20-2016, 01:28 PM
This game could possibly be as good as any state finals game.......how many can the Mineral Wells Stadium hold???

regaleagle
11-20-2016, 01:44 PM
Texas Bob's says 7000 capacity, built in 2008, no track, and artificial turf of course. No video scoreboard. Not much other information or photos. Heck, Argyle might bring about 2,000 fans, band, and other......that would be big turnout for Argyle's side. The total population is only 3300.

lostaussie
11-20-2016, 01:57 PM
This game could possibly be as good as any state finals game.......how many can the Mineral Wells Stadium hold???

It's a great place to watch a game

regaleagle
11-20-2016, 02:04 PM
Texas Bob's says 7000 capacity, built in 2008, no track, and artificial turf of course. No video scoreboard. Not much other information or photos. Heck, Argyle might bring about 2,000 fans, band, and other......that would be big turnout for Argyle's side. The total population is only 3300.

Heck.....Wylie has the visitor's side with less seating capacity. Some of those fans may have to sit amongst the Argyllians, LOL.

slingshot
11-20-2016, 02:19 PM
Wylie travels well. Expect a big crowd for this one. Should be a great atmosphere for a high school football game!

ccmom
11-20-2016, 08:29 PM
Pigskin Prep has Argyle as a one point favorite. I'm so excited about this game!!

nobogey72
11-21-2016, 05:06 PM
Hey Regal, who on this team is being recruited and by whom? Just curious

hollywood
11-21-2016, 08:18 PM
Pulling for our district team here, Wylie. It doesn't get much better than this. The atmosphere this game will present is everything you'd want to see in a playoff game. Great programs, great athletes, great fans and great history (although a shorter history for Argyle). As slingshot stated in the thread title... Let's get it on!

Can't wait.

slingshot
11-21-2016, 09:25 PM
Pulling for our district team here, Wylie. It doesn't get much better than this. The atmosphere this game will present is everything you'd want to see in a playoff game. Great programs, great athletes, great fans and great history (although a shorter history for Argyle). As slingshot stated in the thread title... Let's get it on!

Can't wait.Are you going to be able to make it?

hollywood
11-21-2016, 09:29 PM
Are you going to be able to make it?

Forecast for Friday night is looking very favorable! Will try to talk my 6-man playing nephews into going as well. How about you, are you going to be able to make it? ;)

slingshot
11-21-2016, 09:50 PM
Forecast for Friday night is looking very favorable! Will try to talk my 6-man playing nephews into going as well. How about you, are you going to be able to make it? ;)...kinda thinking about making it. ;)

d0tc0m
11-22-2016, 09:18 AM
Incredible matchup. Would love to be able to see this one. I'll be in Texas this week, and if it weren't for the Celina game, I'd head out to Mineral Wells to watch this showdown.

This should be a good ol' slobberknocker. Everything that can be said about these two great programs has already been said, so I'll just echo all of it. I think both these teams matchup well with each other, and Wylie/Argyle fans should be primed for another thriller. I'll go with Argyle, simply because they just find ways to win games like this. Should be another classic, though!

mwrams
11-22-2016, 10:16 AM
Welcome to the home of Ramnation Argyle/Wylie fans!!! Ram stadium is an awesome place to watch a football game. FYI it seats 3500 on both sides. plenty of restrooms and concessions. pretty easy in and easy out. WalMart is directly west of the stadium. Only wished we were still in the hunt, but stuff happens....Hope you enjoy my hometown!!!

slingshot
11-22-2016, 10:58 AM
Beautiful stadium y'all have in MW! BTW--what are the best places to eat there?

nobogey72
11-22-2016, 02:21 PM
Beautiful stadium y'all have in MW! BTW--what are the best places to eat there?

We always eat at Mary's in Strawn, which is where you turn off of 20. Hard to beat.

Gsquared
11-22-2016, 02:36 PM
We always eat at Mary's in Strawn, which is where you turn off of 20. Hard to beat.

Man, my favorite all time is Mary's!!! So, we are going over the Henrietta/Gunter game in Springtown at 1 Friday and will have time to burn before the 7:30 Kick off in Mineral Wells. Might have to make a big loop on the way to Mineral Wells and stop off for a few big beers and a medium CFS. Might have to make a pallet in the bleachers after that.

slingshot
11-22-2016, 02:41 PM
Man, my favorite all time is Mary's!!! So, we are going over the Henrietta/Gunter game in Springtown at 1 Friday and will have time to burn before the 7:30 Kick off in Mineral Wells. Might have to make a big loop on the way to Mineral Wells and stop off for a few big beers and a medium CFS. Might have to make a pallet in the bleachers after that.No need to bother... sounds like Argyle is already ordained to win. :twitch:

firstdown
11-22-2016, 03:05 PM
No need to bother... sounds like Argyle is already ordained to win. :twitch:

I heard Father Sarducci was in Argyle earlier this week with his anointing oil.

Eagle Nation
11-22-2016, 05:30 PM
No need to bother... sounds like Argyle is already ordained to win. :twitch:

Hey Sling, are you just trying to stir the pot?

We all know this game will be like the last several, nothing determine until that last drive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mwrams
11-22-2016, 05:41 PM
If your coming in from the west you might want to stop at Marys in Strawn. Best Chicken Fried Steak in Texas. If your coming in from the east you can stop at The Mesquite Pit on Hwy 180 just a quarter mile east of the stadium. There is also Chilies and several fast food joints further west past McDonalds.

hollywood
11-22-2016, 08:20 PM
If your coming in from the west you might want to stop at Marys in Strawn. Best Chicken Fried Steak in Texas. If your coming in from the east you can stop at The Mesquite Pit on Hwy 180 just a quarter mile east of the stadium. There is also Chilies and several fast food joints further west past McDonalds.

Good info mwrams! We frequent Mary's from Stephenville. One of my all time favorites!

Haven't heard about The Mesquite Pit. New place?

LionFan72
11-22-2016, 09:09 PM
Gonna be a great game, will be close and contested to the last horn. I'm gonna say Wylie by 1, just because Argyle should not be in Region 1 anyway!!

wyliefan
11-22-2016, 09:22 PM
Gonna be a great game, will be close and contested to the last horn. I'm gonna say Wylie by 1, just because Argyle should not be in Region 1 anyway!!

Interesting how this game is being played at a stadium from region 2 that is west of Argyle about 80 miles....

slingshot
11-23-2016, 01:55 PM
We've decided--Mary's it is! Suspect there will be a lot of Purple People there...

regaleagle
11-23-2016, 10:40 PM
It doesn't really matter what Ledford or Brooks or Williams or Novil or any other player on the field does if their team doesn't win. I have this feeling that whichever team wins this game could well be playing in the State Championship.....no disrepect to the other teams still playing. Looks like 3 more wins gets you there......one at a time. This is a VERY BIG game because the stakes are sooo high. Not that they aren't each week, but both of these teams are very capable of winning out. And the way it looks.....this one will be very physical with some big plays on both sides of the ball. I'm sure the atmosphere will be just electric in the stadium the whole game.....kinda like a state championship game except not in Jerry World. I would venture to say neither team has faced a team all season as good as their opponent this week. Abilene Wylie's only loss all year came early to 5A Lubbock Monterey(10-2) in Week 2. Lubbock Monterey is still playing this week(Denton Ryan). I believe this is a much improved Wylie team now than then.....as is Argyle. This game has all the ingredients of becoming a real battle for the right to advance. Neither team will quit til the clock runs out. This one will be worth the trip.

slingshot
11-23-2016, 10:56 PM
It doesn't really matter what Ledford or Brooks or Williams or Novil or any other player on the field does if their team doesn't win. I have this feeling that whichever team wins this game could well be playing in the State Championship.....no disrepect to the other teams still playing. Looks like 3 more wins gets you there......one at a time. This is a VERY BIG game because the stakes are sooo high. Not that they aren't each week, but both of these teams are very capable of winning out. And the way it looks.....this one will be very physical with some big plays on both sides of the ball. I'm sure the atmosphere will be just electric in the stadium the whole game.....kinda like a state championship game except not in Jerry World. I would venture to say neither team has faced a team all season as good as their opponent this week. Abilene Wylie's only loss all year came early to 5A Lubbock Monterey(10-2) in Week 2. Lubbock Monterey is still playing this week(Denton Ryan). I believe this is a much improved Wylie team now than then.....as is Argyle. This game has all the ingredients of becoming a real battle for the right to advance. Neither team will quit til the clock runs out. This one will be worth the trip.
Agree with every word regal!

toddg
11-24-2016, 03:19 AM
Should be a really good game, both defenses are stout.. It all comes down which offense plays more consistent and mistake free, as usual in games of this magnitude. Argyle 35-24..Argyle hasn't been this healthy this far in playoffs in a long time.

slingshot
11-24-2016, 12:35 PM
Should be a really good game, both defenses are stout.. It all comes down which offense plays more consistent and mistake free, as usual in games of this magnitude. Argyle 35-24..Argyle hasn't been this healthy this far in playoffs in a long time.Argyle may win... in fact they are the clear favorite. I honestly do not see them (or anyone else in 4A) putting 35 points up against us. Our defense is that good this year. Suspect this will be a 21-17 or 17-14 type game. Very tactical, very physical, few big plays by either team. The winner is going to have to dink and dunk and take what the defense gives. Running game and short passing game will be critical. I will be surprised if either stud running back cracks 100 yards...

Eagle Nation
11-24-2016, 02:27 PM
Sling, I agree score wise. There might be 40 points is this game while the other game will most likely have 140 points. I don't see anything decided until very late in the game most likely last drive.

regaleagle
11-25-2016, 01:56 AM
It's clearly the game of the season so far between these two fine football teams. I wish I could be there to see this one in person, but I will be listening and relating the action here from the call of the Argyle Broadcasting team. They make mistakes, and are homers, but do a good job of giving credit to the opposing team's players. Both teams will be "coached up" as much as possible.....the stakes are very high and the competition is a very high level. Both teams are very disciplined and play a team style approach. Both teams are very versed in football technique and savvy......excellent coaching staffs and programs. Minimizing mistakes will be a key to victory for both teams. Maximizing opportunities will be another key......like field position and the kicking game.......and both teams are equally adept in these areas. Geez.......I wish I could go to this game, folks. It's gonna be a goodun.

regaleagle
11-25-2016, 07:26 PM
Hey Regal, who on this team is being recruited and by whom? Just curious

QB Dane Ledford is pretty solid on his verbal to Tulane. Some of the other skill players that are seniors I haven't heard anything about. Lots of juniors that are skill players and a couple of linemen. This team doesn't have that many recruits.....just a good group that plays hard.

regaleagle
11-25-2016, 08:06 PM
Round 3 Playoff Game: Abilene Wylie(9-1) vs Argyle(11-0) 4A D-1 Regional Semifinals pregame show in Mineral Wells.

regaleagle
11-25-2016, 08:12 PM
Wasn't expecting Argyle to be undefeated at this point when the season started, but here they are again. This team has found some playmakers on offense and has worked hard on defense to put together a bend but don't break style of play. This year's team is not loaded with outstanding talent......just a good group of well-coached players still improving each week.

regaleagle
11-25-2016, 08:19 PM
Abilene Wylie, on the other hand, has some really outstanding players on their team. Josh Novil on defense is one of the main players, as well as Pepper Brooks, who plays both ways. Both are seniors. Cason Grant at RB and Zach Smith at qb are very capable. I think the linebacking corps. and the secondary of the Bulldogs will prove to be the best the Eagles have faced this season. We shall see shortly.

regaleagle
11-25-2016, 08:31 PM
Coin toss at the middle of the field now here in Rams Stadium. Abilene Wylie wins the coin toss and elects to receive. Argyle will be kicking off and playing on defense. 52 degrees on the field. National Anthem being played now. Time to ruuuummmble, folks.

regaleagle
11-25-2016, 08:34 PM
Both teams will attempt to get their defenses off the field and keep the offenses on the field. Sadler will be kicking off as the teams get lined up. Cason Grant back deep with Ethan Smith. Grant takes it at the goal line and hands off to Smith as he takes it all the way to the 31 yd line. Sadler on the tackle.

regaleagle
11-25-2016, 08:35 PM
QB Zack Smith on the keeper is tackled for a one yard loss.

regaleagle
11-25-2016, 08:36 PM
Option play as Smith keeps it for a gain of 4. 3rd and about 6 for the Wyliedawgs at the 41.

regaleagle
11-25-2016, 08:37 PM
Smith is sacked off of a bad snap for a loss of 5 yds. It will be a 3 and out for Argyle as Wylie is forced to punt. Sadler returns it back to the 30 yd line. A big block by Chase Petter. Here's Ledford for Argyle now to Williams for 5 yds but a flag on the play.....holding Argyle.

regaleagle
11-25-2016, 08:38 PM
Ball backs up to the 25.....1st and 20. Ledford throws it incomplete.

regaleagle
11-25-2016, 08:39 PM
Shuttle pass to Williams for 5 yds......3rd and 15 for Argyle.

regaleagle
11-25-2016, 08:40 PM
Ledford rolls to the left, then all the way to the right as he takes off to the sidelines, but is short of the first down by 5 yds. Argyle is forced to punt it back now.

regaleagle
11-25-2016, 08:41 PM
Cason Grant calls a fair catch at the 21 of Wylie. 1st down for Wylie after that great punt.

regaleagle
11-25-2016, 08:41 PM
Smith on a qb draw up the middle for 12 yds.

regaleagle
11-25-2016, 08:42 PM
14 more yds for Wylie. Hannah for 8 yds to the Argyle 44 yd line on a quick snap.

regaleagle
11-25-2016, 08:43 PM
Zone option loses a yard on that one. 3rd and 3 for Wylie.

regaleagle
11-25-2016, 08:43 PM
Brooks Pepper stopped short on a 2 yd gain......4th and one now for Wylie.

regaleagle
11-25-2016, 08:45 PM
Fullhouse backfield goes to Brooks Pepper as all 11 Argyle Eagles were stacked up close to the line and he found the crease. There was nobody left in the secondary to get him. TD Wylie......the kick is good.

Abilene Wylie 7
Argyle 0

That was about a 43 yd run unmolested.

regaleagle
11-25-2016, 08:47 PM
Gage Campbell runs the kickoff back to the Wylie 40 yd line.

regaleagle
11-25-2016, 08:47 PM
Ledford keeps it for 5 yds to the Wylie 35. 2nd and 5 now.

regaleagle
11-25-2016, 08:48 PM
Ledford rolls and is chased down from behind for a yard loss.

regaleagle
11-25-2016, 08:49 PM
Pitch to Don Williams for no gain at the sidelines. 4th and 6 at the Wylie 36 now. Argyle going for it....would be a 52 yd field goal. Ledford hits Williams and he gets it to the 25 for a first down.

regaleagle
11-25-2016, 08:50 PM
Ledford hits Nanny down to the 16 for 9 yds. 2nd and 1 for Argyle.

regaleagle
11-25-2016, 08:51 PM
Williams on the handoff for 4 yds to the 12 yd line and a first down.

regaleagle
11-25-2016, 08:51 PM
Williams up the middle for no gain.....maybe a yard.

regaleagle
11-25-2016, 08:52 PM
2nd and 9 now......Ledford throws to Nanny and it's almost intercepted. Novil was right there pressing Ledford.

regaleagle
11-25-2016, 08:54 PM
Option to the right side as he loses 3 yds. Guerrero got him before Ledford could pitch it. Argyle will attempt a field goal. A linedrive knuckleball misses.......a duckhook left.

regaleagle
11-25-2016, 08:55 PM
1st and 10 Wylie from the 20. Pepper picks up 4 yds. Wylie has lots of momentum now that Argyle did not score.

regaleagle
11-25-2016, 08:55 PM
Smith on the option finds a hole and picks up 24 yds.....he picked up a key block outside on the dback.

regaleagle
11-25-2016, 08:56 PM
Zone option by Smith.....he misses the tackle and Smith scrambles for 5 yds.

regaleagle
11-25-2016, 08:57 PM
Now Pepper up to the Argyle 32 on that run for a first down.

regaleagle
11-25-2016, 08:57 PM
Procedure on the Bulldogs......1st and 15 now for Wylie at the Argyle 37.

regaleagle
11-25-2016, 08:58 PM
Screen on the far side and nobody's there.....intended for Pepper. 2nd and 15.

regaleagle
11-25-2016, 08:59 PM
Coach Rodgers says Wylie runs the screen as well as anybody in 4a. Zack Smith breaks about 5 tackles on that keeper and gets about 14 yds down to the Argyle 21 yd line. They had him, but he got away.

regaleagle
11-25-2016, 09:00 PM
End of the 1st

Wylie 7
Argyle 0

regaleagle
11-25-2016, 09:02 PM
Pepper scores again as he walks into the endzone on that 12 yd run. Slow developing play on that reverse counter. Kick is good.

Wylie 14
Argyle 0

1st play of the 2nd qtr. Wylie is dominating the time of possession and the LOS.

regaleagle
11-25-2016, 09:03 PM
Touchback on the kickoff as the line drive kick bounces into and thru the endzone. Argyle starts on their own 25 now.

regaleagle
11-25-2016, 09:04 PM
Williams picks up 8 on first down.

regaleagle
11-25-2016, 09:04 PM
Chase Estrada on the carry for only a yard......great pursuit side to side for Wylie. They are big and fast.

regaleagle
11-25-2016, 09:05 PM
Williams on the counter for 2 yds and a first down.

regaleagle
11-25-2016, 09:05 PM
Inside screen to Chase Estrada for a first down.

regaleagle
11-25-2016, 09:06 PM
Ledford drops back, is flushed out of the pocket and goes out of bounds for a loss of 4.

regaleagle
11-25-2016, 09:08 PM
Now another bullrush for no gain. 3rd and 15 now as Ledford throws to Garrett Carter.....almost intercepted. Argyle forced to punt.

regaleagle
11-25-2016, 09:08 PM
Grant returns it to the Wylie 30 yd line. Now Zack Smith breaks loose and gains 14 yds on first down.

regaleagle
11-25-2016, 09:10 PM
At the Wylie 48, another first down for Smith for 16 yds. He's just keeping the ball and getting the blocks.

regaleagle
11-25-2016, 09:11 PM
Arygle's front D-line only averages about 225 and is heavily outweighed by Wylie. They use techniques to gain the upper hand, but not so far tonite.

regaleagle
11-25-2016, 09:12 PM
Big loss on Smith at midfield and a flag down. Holding against Wylie will be declined by Argyle. Wylie will punt now.

regaleagle
11-25-2016, 09:13 PM
Zach Smith is also the punter......Sadler fields it but only returns it 4 yds to the Eagles 15 yd line.

regaleagle
11-25-2016, 09:14 PM
Ledford under pressure is sacked back at the 6 yd line by Josh Novil.....he came like a rocket before Ledford could get set.

regaleagle
11-25-2016, 09:16 PM
Ledford out to the 10 yd line.....he's running every play to get away from the pressure. Ledford goes deep to Carter....he is hit well before the ball gets there and no flag is thrown.....that ball was thrown 50 yds in the wind. Bad no call there.....heard some moans in the stands. Wylie got a big break there.....one they don't need.

regaleagle
11-25-2016, 09:17 PM
Short punt into the wind from deep in Argyle's end of the field.

regaleagle
11-25-2016, 09:18 PM
Holding on Wylie backs them up to near midfield now.

regaleagle
11-25-2016, 09:18 PM
Smith throws to Grant for 5 yds. Campbell runs him out of bounds.

regaleagle
11-25-2016, 09:19 PM
Smith under lots of pressure as he sacked way back at the 47 yd line....a big play for the Argyle D. Forces Wylie to punt.

regaleagle
11-25-2016, 09:20 PM
Offsides Argyle.....but Wylie still 4th and a long way.

regaleagle
11-25-2016, 09:21 PM
High punt to Sadler as he returns it 7 yds to the Argyle 25.

regaleagle
11-25-2016, 09:23 PM
Flag thrown on that run.....against Argyle on that block. 1st and 20 after the holding penalty. Throw is complete for 9 yds to the Argyle 21 yd line.

ccmom
11-25-2016, 09:23 PM
Ledford under pressure is sacked back at the 6 yd line by Josh Novil.....he came like a rocket before Ledford could get set.

Josh graduated last year. His name is Deion.

Now back to my cold hands at the game!!

regaleagle
11-25-2016, 09:24 PM
A deep throw is complete for 37 yds to Carter for Argyle into Wylie territory now.

regaleagle
11-25-2016, 09:25 PM
2nd and 10 as Ledford picks up 5 on a keeper up the middle.

regaleagle
11-25-2016, 09:26 PM
Shuttle pass is incomplete as Wylie had that one sniffed out. It will be 4th and 5 from the Wylie 35. Timeout Argyle with 1:37 left in the half.

WOS1
11-25-2016, 09:26 PM
Score?

regaleagle
11-25-2016, 09:27 PM
Too far for a field goal against the wind......let's see what happens here.

regaleagle
11-25-2016, 09:28 PM
Ledford rolls out right and it is complete to Cale Nanny for a first down by a half yard as he stopped, caught the ball, then pushed to get the first down.

regaleagle
11-25-2016, 09:29 PM
Another flag on that play.....holding against Argyle is another drive-killer. Ledford had some time there, but kept the ball and ran it. 1st and 20 now......a loss of 5 on that misdirection run.

regaleagle
11-25-2016, 09:30 PM
3rd and 25 now as Wylie's D is hitting the gaps.

regaleagle
11-25-2016, 09:31 PM
Ledford goes deep to Nanny, but he was double covered and it was overthrown. 3rd and 25 now from the 48.

slingshot
11-25-2016, 09:48 PM
Agree on the no call on Wylie on that deep route... think it was a make up call from earlier when the Argyle LB tackled the Wylie receiver on a screen while the ball was in the air. Thought Coach Sandifer was going to have a stroke! It was pretty bad.

regaleagle
11-25-2016, 09:50 PM
Lost my feed.....but it's halftime. Argyle punted I guess.

Wylie 14
Argyle 0

Halftime

wyliefan
11-25-2016, 09:53 PM
Wylie D seems to be a step faster and is making the tackles when they need to. The O is doing good, just need to keep running as Argyle has had trouble stopping the read option.

regaleagle
11-25-2016, 09:53 PM
Wylie has totally dominated both sides of the ball on the LOS so far......Ledford is not getting time and not getting the push he is accustomed to from his Oline. I'm sure some adjustments to play calling will be made at half. Also, the Eagles defense was caught several times playing too loose and got burned. Lots of adjustments need to happen or Wylie will own the 2nd half as well. They are saying Wylie is both bigger and faster than any team Argyle has seen all year.....and bigger and faster than Argyle as well, haha. Good luck to both teams in the 2nd half......I'm sure the best team will win this one.

regaleagle
11-25-2016, 09:58 PM
Argyle will receive the kickoff to start the 2nd half. This is a real dogfight and physical game so far.

regaleagle
11-25-2016, 09:59 PM
Wylie is fired up and it will be tough for Argyle to overcome this deficit without some big plays.

regaleagle
11-25-2016, 10:00 PM
Hannah kicks it to Carter and he returns it to the 28 yd line. Ledford will attempt to get the Eagles offense on track now.

regaleagle
11-25-2016, 10:01 PM
Williams gains about 3 yds on that one. 2nd and 7 for Argyle

regaleagle
11-25-2016, 10:01 PM
Williams on the right side for 7 yds for a first down.

regaleagle
11-25-2016, 10:02 PM
Blitz on that run for 2 yds.

regaleagle
11-25-2016, 10:03 PM
Williams wrapped up by Wylie for a loss of 4 yds.....he had no where to go.

regaleagle
11-25-2016, 10:04 PM
Ledford takes off and gains 13 yds and a first down on that big play. He just outran him to the stick. Right at midfield now.

regaleagle
11-25-2016, 10:04 PM
Screen pass to Williams.....he is hammered hard immediately and gains only one yard.

regaleagle
11-25-2016, 10:05 PM
Pitch to Williams and he gets 7 to the 42 yd line. 3rd and 2 now for Argyle.

regaleagle
11-25-2016, 10:05 PM
Pass to Williams in the flat for 10 yds and another first down.

regaleagle
11-25-2016, 10:06 PM
At the Wylie 32 now......Ledford rolls and throws it over the middle but it is knocked away from Casey Harper for a great defensive play.

regaleagle
11-25-2016, 10:07 PM
Incomplete in and out of the hands of Garrett Carter.....it went right thru his hands. It would have been about 8 yds. Ledford threw it on a rope.

regaleagle
11-25-2016, 10:09 PM
Ledford on the keeper for 9 yds.....a yard short of the first down. 4th and one now for the Eagles. He hands off in the backfield and took way too long......he loses 2 yds. The Wylie D penetrates and the ball goes over on downs.

regaleagle
11-25-2016, 10:09 PM
Now a handoff to Brooks Pepper....he breaks a tackle and takes it for 14 yds to the 40.

regaleagle
11-25-2016, 10:13 PM
Now a gain for 3 yds for Smith on the keeper. 2nd and 7 from the 47. Nobody is on Brooks Pepper....he pitches is out to Pepper and he goes 38 yds down to the Argyle 19. Now a pass to Cason Grant in the endzone for a TD. He is hit but holds on for the catch. Kick is good.

Wylie 21
Argyle 0

Argyle cannot stop Wylie and have not been able to pick up several 4th and shorts deep in Wylie territory. I think both were 4th and one.

regaleagle
11-25-2016, 10:14 PM
Campbell takes the kick and runs it all the way back to the Wylie 25. Hannah saves the touchdown by pushing him out of bounds.

regaleagle
11-25-2016, 10:15 PM
Ledford tucks it and runs but it hit behind the line for a loss of 3 yds. Williams went the wrong way and Ledford didn't have a blocker.

regaleagle
11-25-2016, 10:16 PM
Illegal formation on Argyle is declined by Wylie.....3rd and 11 for Argyle.

regaleagle
11-25-2016, 10:17 PM
Ledford up the middle for a gain of 6....cannot kick a field goal here. 4th and 5 now.

regaleagle
11-25-2016, 10:18 PM
Williams breaks a tackle down to the 10 for a first down.

regaleagle
11-25-2016, 10:18 PM
Ledford gains 3 on that cut back run that normally goes for a TD for Argyle.

regaleagle
11-25-2016, 10:19 PM
Ledford runs for the pylon and gets it for an Eagle TD.....the kick is good.

Wylie 21
Argyle 7

2:25 3rd

wyliegrad04
11-25-2016, 10:19 PM
time left?

regaleagle
11-25-2016, 10:21 PM
Grant takes it at the 2 and brings it back to the 34 for Wylie. He broke a tackle at the 15.

regaleagle
11-25-2016, 10:22 PM
Pepper gains 3 yds on first down.

regaleagle
11-25-2016, 10:23 PM
Presnap procedure penalty against Wylie.....2nd and 13 now.

regaleagle
11-25-2016, 10:23 PM
Smith keeps it to the 40 yd line on that option. 3rd and a yard.

regaleagle
11-25-2016, 10:24 PM
Handoff to Pepper up the middle.....4th and less than a yard at the Wylie 43.

regaleagle
11-25-2016, 10:25 PM
End of the 3rd

Wylie 21
Argyle 7

regaleagle
11-25-2016, 10:27 PM
Wylie hands off and breaks a tackle at the LOS....picks up 38 yds down to the Argyle 20 yd line. A huge play for Wylie.

regaleagle
11-25-2016, 10:28 PM
Now Zack Smith on a keeper for 18 yds and scores the TD......Wylie answers Argyle's score. The kick is good.

Wylie 28
Argyle 7

Looks like Wylie has done everything right tonite.....they are fired up, their band is fired up, their student body is fired up, and their fans are fired up.....they have come ready to advance.

regaleagle
11-25-2016, 10:30 PM
Pelton returns it back to the Argyle 46......looks like Argyle needs to score quickly or this one will be over very soon.

11:31 left

regaleagle
11-25-2016, 10:31 PM
Pass to Estrada is incomplete. Wylie now has 8 defenders back. Now Ledford just takes off and scampers for 38 yds.

regaleagle
11-25-2016, 10:32 PM
Ledford in the shotgun and leaves the pocket too early. He is thrown for a loss of 13 yds....should have hung in there and just thrown the football.

regaleagle
11-25-2016, 10:34 PM
3 yds to Casey Harper. Completion to Estrada to the 17 yd line......4th and 5 now for Argyle. Pitch to Williams to the 10 yd line.

regaleagle
11-25-2016, 10:34 PM
Ledford fakes to Williams and keeps it up the middle to the 3 yd line.

slingshot
11-25-2016, 10:35 PM
TD Argyle, now 28-14

regaleagle
11-25-2016, 10:35 PM
Ledford fakes to Williams and walks into the endzone for a TD.....the kick is good.

Wylie 28
Argyle 14

8:03 left

regaleagle
11-25-2016, 10:37 PM
Sadler's kick is a touchback. Wylie starts at their own 25

wyliegrad04
11-25-2016, 10:38 PM
Sadler's kick is a touchback. Wylie starts at their own 25

thanks for the EXCELLENT updates! really appreciate it.

regaleagle
Zack Smith for no gain at the LOS. Wylie will burn clock now.

regaleagle
Pepper is hammered in the backfield by Phillips.....3rd and 15 now.

regaleagle
11-25-2016, 10:40 PM
Smith throws deep to Henson but Clearman on the covered. Eagles D gets the 3 and out. Wylie forced to punt from their own 15. Flag on Wylie after the play.....chop block is declined.

regaleagle
11-25-2016, 10:41 PM
Sadler fumbles the punt at midfield and Campbell falls on it. Argyle at their own 46.

regaleagle
11-25-2016, 10:41 PM
Incomplete pass to Harper.....2nd and 10 for Argyle.

regaleagle
11-25-2016, 10:43 PM
4th and 11 and Ledford makes it for the first down. It was 3rd and 22 the play before.

regaleagle
11-25-2016, 10:44 PM
I'm having trouble with my laptop.

regaleagle
11-25-2016, 10:45 PM
Ledford at the Bulldog 43 and Williams catches it between his legs.....a late flag against Argyle lineman downfield as Ledford threw on the run. 1st and 15.

regaleagle
11-25-2016, 10:46 PM
Ledford throws to Williams and he is hit hard by Hannah. Pennington is complaining to the ref and he throws a flag. Hannah was standing over Williams taunting him.

regaleagle
11-25-2016, 10:48 PM
Lost composure by Pennington coming off the sidelines for Argyle....Pennington plays defense for Argyle. That's what happened. Wylie does not celebrate.....they averted yet another big call.

regaleagle
11-25-2016, 10:48 PM
Now its 2nd down and about 30 for Argyle.

regaleagle
11-25-2016, 10:51 PM
Pass to Carter doesn't gain much. The ball was moved from the Wylie side of the field way back across midfield to the Argyle side. Now a big pick up but still 4th and 15. Ledford rolls out and runs around because no one is open.......he throws it incomplete. 8 defenders against 4 receivers. Ball goes over to the Wylie......the game is essentially over now after that huge penalty and noncall.

regaleagle
11-25-2016, 10:52 PM
Wylie outplayed Argyle all over the field on this night and deserves the win. They looked stronger and played smarter. They will be tough to beat.....Argyle is a very good team.

regaleagle
11-25-2016, 10:56 PM
Argyle has won more playoff games than any other school in the state of Texas the past 5 years.....any team. Looks like that will come to an end tonight by whom else??? Our perennial nemesis in most sports......the Wylie Bulldogs. Good luck to the Wylie Bulldogs going forward. You guys played a great game and certainly deserve not only the win, but all the accolades that come with it. Zero turnovers in this game by either team.

regaleagle
11-25-2016, 10:58 PM
I guess if there's a team that has played Argyle tough each year.....it's been these wiley Wylie Bulldogs, LOL. Playclock running down as Sandifer calls a timeout. 1:17 left now and Wylie trying to keep possession. Argyle has no timeouts left on this 4th down for Wylie.

regaleagle
11-25-2016, 10:59 PM
Pepper breaks free on a broken tackle in the backfield. He scampers 31 yds to the one yard line. Another Brooks Pepper broken tackle.

slingshot
11-25-2016, 11:00 PM
TD Wylie. 35-14 with 47 seconds left

Bosqueville
11-25-2016, 11:00 PM
Great win Bulldogs! See, I had a feeling!!

regaleagle
11-25-2016, 11:01 PM
QB sneak into the endzone with only 47 seconds left. The extra point is good.

Wylie 35
Argyle 14

40+ seconds left

regaleagle
11-25-2016, 11:02 PM
First time in many years Argyle will not make it past this round. Kickoff is short and lateralled to Cale Nanny.

36 secs. left.

regaleagle
11-25-2016, 11:03 PM
Ledford to Harper for a first down. Argyle will play it out. Shot to the head by the defender, but a flag on Argyle for holding instead.

regaleagle
11-25-2016, 11:06 PM
Last play is a pass to Harper. He takes it down to the Argyle 29. And the big celebration begins for Wylie. They really earned it tonite. Best team Argyle has played in a long long time. We wish the Wylie Bulldogs the best going forward.

regaleagle
11-25-2016, 11:07 PM
Abilene Wylie 35
Argyle 14

Final

Wylie advances to the REGION I Final next week.

regaleagle
11-25-2016, 11:37 PM
Congrats to the Argyle Coaching Staff for all the long runs and another great season. And big congrats to the better team that defeated Argyle tonite in a very determined way. The game was relatively clean and few penalties.....with zero turnovers. That's speaks highly of both teams here. No December football for Argyle for the first time in a long time. Wylie.....you guys will have to take over now and do us proud in Region I. Good luck the rest of the way.

jason
11-25-2016, 11:53 PM
Wylie looked pretty good. They're gonna be a tough out.

mburleson
11-26-2016, 12:01 AM
That was an awesome game. Knew Argyle would be tough, but the Dawgs came to play!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

slingshot
11-26-2016, 12:10 AM
Been telling y'all our D was that good... hats off to Argyle, they played hard and have nothing to hang their heads about.

toddg
11-26-2016, 12:15 AM
Been telling y'all our D was that good... hats off to Argyle, they played hard and have nothing to hang their heads about.dang impressive win!!!

wyliefan
11-26-2016, 12:25 AM
Great game by both teams, Wylie just had the better team this year. I am guessing Argyle had less than 100 yards rushing and maybe 200 or so in the air. Wylie's speed on D was the difference. The Wylie O, I would guess had over 250 on the ground and maybe 100 in the air. Argyle didn't have an answer for the read option and the QB/RB speed.

Great respect for Argyle's program, coaches, kids and fans.

ccmom
11-26-2016, 12:26 AM
What a fun night!!! Congrats to Argyle on another great season, way to go Dawgs!!

Also, I wanted to say I was impressed with the venue. I love a stadium with no track, and the atmosphere was awesome tonight!

How about that Wylie D?! Woohoo!!

83Indian
11-26-2016, 12:34 AM
Congrats Garcia and CCMom. Glad you guys are advancing

garciap77
11-26-2016, 03:08 AM
Congrats Garcia and CCMom. Glad you guys are advancing Thanks!

slingshot
11-26-2016, 11:19 AM
Post game analysis... Argyle was as advertised--well coached, executed, did not make mistakes or turn the ball over. Their O-line was darned impressive--big, lean, quick. Ledford was a handful. That being said, their D-line was undersized and that forced their LB's and safeties to have to come up and play run--whenever Pepper or Smith got past the first level it was going for a long gainer. Brooks ended up with 242 yds on 19 carries, Smith had over a 100 as well. Wylie rushed for over 350 yds for the game. Did not have to pass much.
Wylie's D-line was able to nullify the Argyle O-line and allow our LB's and safeties to roam the field and make plays--and they are fast enough to do it.
Now on to whole different kind of challenge--a team that leads 4A in scoring and throws it 50 times a game. I'm a little concerned about that as we are thin at corner and have not played anyone this year that has that good of a passing attack...

Eagle Nation
11-26-2016, 01:06 PM
Congrats to AW on the win. Now go win State.

Sling, I mentioned to you several weeks ago that AW was the favorite for Region 1 but then what do I know.

Deuce
11-26-2016, 01:13 PM
Congrats to Wylie! Glad I made the trip to see this one. Wylie's defense was very impressive! Going to take a very well rounded team to shut Wylie down this year.

regaleagle
11-26-2016, 01:55 PM
Post game analysis... Argyle was as advertised--well coached, executed, did not make mistakes or turn the ball over. Their O-line was darned impressive--big, lean, quick. Ledford was a handful. That being said, their D-line was undersized and that forced their LB's and safeties to have to come up and play run--whenever Pepper or Smith got past the first level it was going for a long gainer. Brooks ended up with 242 yds on 19 carries, Smith had over a 100 as well. Wylie rushed for over 350 yds for the game. Did not have to pass much.
Wylie's D-line was able to nullify the Argyle O-line and allow our LB's and safeties to roam the field and make plays--and they are fast enough to do it.
Now on to whole different kind of challenge--a team that leads 4A in scoring and throws it 50 times a game. I'm a little concerned about that as we are thin at corner and have not played anyone this year that has that good of a passing attack...

I don't know, Sling......that defense of Wylie's is pretty stout all the way around. Good defenses have a way of stopping good offenses and nipping them in the bud. Looks to me like y'all have all the ingredients to make a very deep run, but I will agree that it's one game at a time to get to the dance. It just gets harder and harder from here on out. Two more big wins is all that's needed.....the rest will cancel each other out. Then if you make it to the Finals......anything is possible.

bobcat1
11-26-2016, 07:10 PM
Been telling y'all our D was that good... hats off to Argyle, they played hard and have nothing to hang their heads about.
I was thinking you might know what you were talking about! Congrats on the win! :clap::clap::clap:

Good season Argyle.:wave: