PDA

View Full Version : Navarro vs Wharton @ Victoria Memorial

10ForTheWin
11-19-2016, 12:26 AM
Looking like it could be a good one. Wharton has been hot or cold all year, interested in seeing which one shows up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TarponFanInNorthTexas
11-19-2016, 01:15 AM
Going with the Slot-T team in this one.

WOS87
11-19-2016, 02:00 AM
Grats to Navarro for going 12-0 for the first time ever and winning 12 games in a season even. You guys are a force to be reckoned with this year.

bag-o-chips
11-19-2016, 02:37 AM
I was surprised looking at the Bulldogs. They were huge. Held them to 55 yds offense and 5 First downs in the first half. No first downs and -7 yards in the second half! We also turned the ball over on downs at the 1 yd line in our second possession. Could have been worse. Great Job tonight!

PurplePop
11-19-2016, 10:48 AM
We'll roll Wharton and get rolled again by Cuero. HC can't come out of his conservative shell in tough games. Can't just break it out all the sudden when your down 14.

lostaussie
11-19-2016, 10:57 AM
we'll roll wharton and get rolled again by cuero. Hc can't come out of his conservative shell in tough games. Can't just break it out all the sudden when your down 14.

wow!!!

Scoop27
11-19-2016, 11:24 AM
This link has a poll to it
Tigers will have a tough uphill climb

TarponFanInNorthTexas
11-19-2016, 11:56 AM
We'll roll Wharton and get rolled again by Cuero. HC can't come out of his conservative shell in tough games. Can't just break it out all the sudden when your down 14.

At least the Slot-T has a lot more than 5 running plays and 1 passing play.

bag-o-chips
11-19-2016, 12:07 PM
Coaches job is to develop a game plan to win and Coach Goad is very astute. We will be OK

iFootball
11-19-2016, 12:28 PM
Navarro will beat Wharton and score a lot of points. Just curious to see if Wharton will be able to score any points against Navarro's defense.

PurplePop
11-19-2016, 12:30 PM
Coaches job is to develop a game plan to win and Coach Goad is very astute. We will be OK

Even the best coaches have to take the next step. Not sure running the same three plays all night is called a game plan. If HC doesn't have confidence in our entire offense against Sweeny, doesn't bode well for Cuero.

Scoop27
11-19-2016, 12:37 PM
7:30 p.m. kickoff

bag-o-chips
11-19-2016, 01:02 PM
Not going to get picky with you. I will go with the coach on this one.

bag-o-chips
11-19-2016, 01:02 PM
Navarro ISD just posted 6 pm kickoff

PurplePop
11-19-2016, 01:24 PM
Not going to get picky with you. I will go with the coach on this one.

Me, too. We have a great coach! On to Wharton.

PurplePop
11-19-2016, 01:26 PM
Do we know who is home and away? Just curious.

Scoop27
11-19-2016, 01:36 PM
Guess they changed the time-Wharton Journal-Specator had it at 7:30 p.m.

bag-o-chips
11-19-2016, 01:41 PM
Agreed and a 6 pm kick off!!

Scoop27
11-19-2016, 05:30 PM
6 p.m.-Does Navarro have webcast feed on the internet?

PurplePop
11-19-2016, 07:24 PM
6 p.m.-Does Navarro have webcast feed on the internet?

We'll have two for this game. The local Seguin radio station KWED 1580 AM will call the game. And, TSRN also will. The KWED play by play guy calls a good game.

Scoop27
11-19-2016, 08:04 PM
Thanks Purple Pop-Wharton doesn't have a station that covers them for webcast games

SaltySixes
11-20-2016, 12:33 PM

The QB was 1 TD pass from tieing a school record, and 2 from braking it, and coach still wouldnt call a single pass play in the red zone....
Theres so many things that dont make since about our post season strategy.

(1) Its going to be a ton of weight to drop on the QB when we play a D-line that actually has a pulse and can stop the run. All of a sudden we will be putting the weight of the entire season and program on 1 kids shoulders. Bad Idea.

(2) WE HAVE TRIED THIS BEFORE. I believe its well known that cureo owns us in the playoffs. This being a fact, why in the heck are we trying the same thing for the 4th consectutive year? The power game wont work just becuase we wont it too... "Insanity- trying the same thing over and over again, and expecting different results."

(3)There is an old coaching adage, that if you dont get better, then you get worse. (Navarro coaches say this frequently). Well I take that to mean, "If you dont use it, you lose it," and the coaching staff has not in any since of the word been using there QB... so has the QB gotten worse? Idk but he definetly hasnt gotten any better.

(4)QB confidence, what does it tell your Quarterback when we *stick our tail between our legs* in every big game and revert to the 2005 Navarro panthers with no pass atempts? We have NEVER been as good as we are right now, and in large part that is due to our EXTREMELY talented QB. If you disagree with that, then why did our coach literally invent hybrid spread/slot t plays for the first time ever, and make the QB a starter since he was 14 years old? It boils down to the fact that if i was the QB of a state ranked team(like Navarro), a team leader, on track to win 1st team all district for 4 consecutive years, and the owner of nearly every passing record in the schools history, I would be very confused as to why the coach has abandend me after doing nothing but preformimg at a higher level than any Navarro QB ever.

*I didnt say go into your shell because i was informed last week that i actually offended the school bored for questioning play calls by our coach, and they especially didnt like go into our shell, so i changed that this go around

P.s. it makes any QB look bad when you only you only let him throw on say... 3 and 18.

SaltySixes
11-20-2016, 01:15 PM
Sorry 10

tango
11-20-2016, 01:35 PM
The QB was 1 TD pass from tieing a school record, and 2 from braking it, and coach still wouldnt call a single pass play in the red zone....
Theres so many things that dont make since about our post season strategy.

(1) Its going to be a ton of weight to drop on the QB when we play a D-line that actually has a pulse and can stop the run. All of a sudden we will be putting the weight of the entire season and program on 1 kids shoulders. Bad Idea.

(2) WE HAVE TRIED THIS BEFORE. I believe its well known that cureo owns us in the playoffs. This being a fact, why in the heck are we trying the same thing for the 4th consectutive year? The power game wont work just becuase we wont it too... "Insanity- trying the same thing over and over again, and expecting different results."

(3)There is an old coaching adage, that if you dont get better, then you get worse. (Navarro coaches say this frequently). Well I take that to mean, "If you dont use it, you lose it," and the coaching staff has not in any since of the word been using there QB... so has the QB gotten worse? Idk but he definetly hasnt gotten any better.

(4)QB confidence, what does it tell your Quarterback when we *stick our tail between our legs* in every big game and revert to the 2005 Navarro panthers with no pass atempts? We have NEVER been as good as we are right now, and in large part that is due to our EXTREMELY talented QB. If you disagree with that, then why did our coach literally invent hybrid spread/slot t plays for the first time ever, and make the QB a starter since he was 14 years old? It boils down to the fact that if i was the QB of a state ranked team(like Navarro), a team leader, on track to win 1st team all district for 4 consecutive years, and the owner of nearly every passing record in the schools history, I would be very confused as to why the coach has abandend me after doing nothing but preformimg at a higher level than any Navarro QB ever.

*I didnt say go into your shell because i was informed last week that i actually offended the school bored for questioning play calls by our coach, and they especially didnt like go into our shell, so i changed that this go around

P.s. it makes any QB look bad when you only you only let him throw on say... 3 and 18.

Salty, you are obviously emotionally committed to your team. Fear of history repeating itself has caused you to voice a predetermined outcome. Currently the Panthers are still very much in the hunt for the prize, cherish the fact that your team is very good and will demand respect from anyone that plays the Panthers. Wharton is at hand, with a win and an Cuero win we will get to see another competitive game that could go either way. Back your team all the way, another ole caoch adage is "dance with the one that bought you". The Panthers are a force to deal with, find peace that coaches and the players are working hard to be the best they can be. that is all we can ask of them and ourselves. We all fall short of that in our personal lives from time to time as well. You have a great system there at Navarro back them all the way, win or lose. Hope to see you guys next week.

10ForTheWin
11-20-2016, 01:36 PM
Sorry 10

I'm staying quite this week, in regards to your post. I already gave you my opinion, and well it didn't stick, you're on your own haha

SaltySixes
11-20-2016, 01:40 PM
I'm staying quite this week, in regards to your post. I already gave you my opinion, and well it didn't stick, you're on your own haha

Haha fair enough. Ill be the only one not scratching my head on the way home from the dome!

10ForTheWin
11-20-2016, 01:42 PM
Haha fair enough. Ill be the only one not scratching my head on the way home from the dome!

Probably won't be at the game this week btw, I got scheduled to work Friday evening

Scoop27
11-20-2016, 01:52 PM
Doubt the Tigers will have a big following even though it's closer for them

SaltySixes
11-20-2016, 01:54 PM
Probably won't be at the game this week btw, I got scheduled to work Friday evening

Dang, get someone to take your shift!

bag-o-chips
11-20-2016, 01:56 PM
Pretty sure he threw a pass in the red zone but the swingman moved early. What we do not need is sideline coaches. Why question every move? What point are you wanting to prove? There are times I don't totally agree with every call but it serves no purpose esp.for all to see.

Tejastrue
11-20-2016, 01:57 PM
Why don't you guys let the coach do his job. He's damn good at it. There is still one more game before a possible rematch. An assumption could lead to disaster.

bag-o-chips
11-20-2016, 01:59 PM
Why don't you guys let the coach do his job. He's damn good at it. There is still one more game before a possible rematch. An assumption could lead to disaster.

Thank you

SaltySixes
11-20-2016, 02:07 PM
Pretty sure he threw a pass in the red zone but the swingman moved early. What we do not need is sideline coaches. Why question every move? What point are you wanting to prove? There are times I don't totally agree with every call but it serves no purpose esp.for all to see.

That is funny coming from someone who ACTUALLY spends the games milling around on the sidelines lol.... but I know it sounds out of line to make a post like mine. If you want, you can view it as just one long vent. I do have a close personal relationship with our QB and i just want to see him excel to the highest possible point!
I am also a Goad supporter to the end, although i know i probably just destoyed that image lol

10ForTheWin
11-20-2016, 02:13 PM
That is funny coming from someone who ACTUALLY spends the games milling around on the sidelines lol.... but I know it sounds out of line to make a post like mine. If you want, you can view it as just one long vent. I do have a close personal relationship with our QB and i just want to see him excel to the highest possible point!
I am also a Goad supporter to the end, although i know i probably just destoyed that image lol

You already know you won't change the outlook of anyone on here, there's no point in arguing it. Also everyone knows you are passionate about the the success of both the QB and the program. They are only saying many times it's best to bite your tongue, because when it comes down to it what we say here won't change what goes on in the game. This forum entertains a fan base, not a coaching staff.

SaltySixes
11-20-2016, 02:16 PM
You already know you won't change the outlook of anyone on here, there's no point in arguing it. Also everyone knows you are passionate about the the success of both the QB and the program. They are only saying many times it's best to bite your tongue, because when it comes down to it what we say here won't change what goes on in the game. This forum entertains a fan base, not a coaching staff.

Lol maybe i should charge admission if im so entertaining!
But dang 10, too late I just backed off!

Btw- someone told me this week that what is said on the downlow, actually does reach a wide audience. A sensitive one too!

lostaussie
11-20-2016, 02:37 PM
The only thread going that's more entertaining than this one is Krum/Sweetwater on FSW. They about to burn Krum down over there!!!

SaltySixes
11-20-2016, 02:58 PM
The only thread going that's more entertaining than this one is Krum/Sweetwater on FSW. They about to burn Krum down over there!!!

I just hope im not as bad a bobcatmom55 lol

lostaussie
11-20-2016, 03:04 PM
I just hope im not as bad a bobcatmom55 lol

Haha. You knew exactly who I was talking about:D

SaltySixes
11-20-2016, 03:09 PM
Haha. You knew exactly who I was talking about:D

How could I not! Its verbal warfare overthere haha. When 10 and i argue its alittle different, we have been friends since 7th grade lol

44INAROW
11-20-2016, 03:11 PM

Good Lord. I just read that thread. That's 30 minutes I will never get back lol. Of course, I don't know the history but calling out kids isn't cool. .

lostaussie
11-20-2016, 03:17 PM
Good Lord. I just read that thread. That's 30 minutes I will never get back lol. Of course, I don't know the history but calling out kids isn't cool. .

It's great. I been laughing for 2 days. Tried to help it along too just a little!!!

bag-o-chips
11-20-2016, 06:26 PM
Navarro will be the home team

bag-o-chips
11-20-2016, 06:27 PM

lostaussie
11-20-2016, 06:48 PM
We might need one more thread:D

Tejastrue
11-20-2016, 08:33 PM
and what thread would that be?

sourhern
11-20-2016, 08:46 PM
Good Lord the venting wooosah

lostaussie
11-20-2016, 08:54 PM
and what thread would that be?

Another for Wharton vs Navarro at Victoria Memorial Friday at who knows what time :thumbsup:

Scoop27
11-21-2016, 12:45 PM
Seems like the Tigers will be dominated unless they play over their heads

buff4ever
11-21-2016, 12:52 PM
This game will not be close.

PurplePop
11-21-2016, 05:37 PM

Thanks, BOC. Purple again!

WOS87
11-21-2016, 07:25 PM
Merged. You're welcome! And I did that on my phone. Winning!

44INAROW
11-21-2016, 11:35 PM
Another for Wharton vs Navarro at Victoria Memorial Friday at who knows what time :thumbsup:

It's getting dicey now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

WOS87
11-22-2016, 12:39 AM
12 days away from Regions 3 and 4 scouting how much of a sloppy mess we each are. This season has flown by.

buff4ever
11-23-2016, 08:55 AM
Navarro stays undefeated for at least one more week. They are rolling.

PurplePop
11-26-2016, 11:49 AM
Great football game at Victoria Memorial Stadium last night between Wharton and Navarro.

The Wharton Tigers are a great football team who came very close to knocking Navarro off last night. The game was tied at 27 late in 3rd and Wharton had the ball twice in 4th only down 7. It was a hard fought, clean, great football game by both teams.

Wharton deserves to be acknowledged for their great effort last night and for having a great football team in 2016!

Tejastrue
11-26-2016, 12:07 PM
Congrats Panthers!

Scoop27
11-26-2016, 02:51 PM
To those who said earlier in this thread that the Tigers would not be competitive in this game. Well-They were. They did play over their heads and had a great showing. Hats of to coach Tim Finn and his team for such a great season