PDA

View Full Version : Why is burnet so dangerous?

BANDERA WHO?
10-14-2002, 06:38 PM
how many weapons does burnet have on scoring. And who have they all played against this season

Chris Hart
10-14-2002, 07:31 PM
Alot of weapons, I think if my calculation is right, that 8 different players have scored on offense this year. They have beaten Austin Reagan,Gatesville,Killeen Shoemaker,Midland Christian,Marlin and Llano. They spread the wealth pretty well.

29x281
10-14-2002, 07:49 PM
They have Jordan Shipley, who began his career at class 1A Rotan, scoring 4 TDs in his first game as a freshman and making all-state as a kick returner. As a soph he moved with his Dad (the head coach) to Burnet, where he was named all-state kick returner again. He also scored probably 10 Tds receiving last year. So far this year, as a JR, he has scored TDs running, passing, receiving, returning punts, and returning interceptions. He also kicks field goals. He's not bad.

They have Stephen McGee, who, at 6-3, 200 lbs runs a 4.6 and throws as nice a ball as anyone in the state. He's still young and improving, and is considered one of the top 3 QB prospects in the state for the class of '04.

They have Patrick Miller, who goes about 5-10, 185, 4.5 and is very difficult to stop when he's healthy. He's had about six 200+ yd games in his career. Strong enough to run through arm tackles and fast enough to beat most 3A secondaries to the endzone.

They have Cody Warner, a receiver who would be the primary threat on many 3A temas. He runs a 4.5, has good hands, and plays tough at CB as well.

Of course last week they were led in receiving by Shane Love, also a very capable receiver with 4.5 to 4.6 speed and sure hands.

They have Chris Levens, maybe the most underrated player on the team, who comes in to spell Miller and who scored the winning TD against Marlin in OT. Would be a good starting tailback on most teams.

They have a 6-8 tight end named Mason Templeton who is injured and probably will not play against Bandera.

They have a line that averages probably 240 lbs but which is very young and still learning. Their development will be the key to Burnet making a serious challenge for state.

I'd say they have as many scoring threats as any team in class 3A. Not that they are unstoppable, because no team is. But when they play well, and play together, they'll be hard to keep under 30.

Hope this helps.

BANDERA WHO?
10-14-2002, 08:54 PM
i think both teams will do good but it's gonna be one for the records

BANDERA WHO?
10-14-2002, 08:54 PM
i think both teams will do good but it's gonna be one for the records