PDA

View Full Version : Shoot Out Alert! Levelland vs Decatur

slingshot
11-16-2016, 05:20 PM
What is the over/under on this one? Both putting up crazy offensive numbers (both in the top 5 in points scored in 4A). I'll guess 66-60 Decatur in a track meet, so 126 combined points...

Rocket Man
11-16-2016, 06:28 PM
What is the over/under on this one? Both putting up crazy offensive numbers (both in the top 5 in points scored in 4A). I'll guess 66-60 Decatur in a track meet, so 126 combined points...

Both have relatively weak defenses (I know what I'm talking about when it comes to weak defense) and outstanding offenses, so I think this sucker will go over 126.

hollywood
11-17-2016, 12:06 PM

No kidding! If I remember correctly, Levelland had quite a few players return this season. They had a pretty salty offense last season and it appears they picked up where they left off from last season. But typically the pandhandle region is known to be a little weaker competition. So it's debatable if Levelland has been battle tested yet. Decatur on the other hand has been tested by strong programs. I think Decatur takes it by 14+.

Decatur 63
Levelland 42

regaleagle
11-17-2016, 08:25 PM
Agreed.....under 125 and perhaps under 100 this week. On the other hand, the weak D's may force each team to keep scoring just to keep pace with each other, LOL. I'm sure this one will be very exciting and very entertaining to high school football fans.

Eagle Nation
11-17-2016, 11:00 PM
I'll go under 100 more like 93 fir the final or total with our fellow Eagles coming out on top.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hollywood
11-18-2016, 10:43 PM

Looks like your prediction is becoming reality slingshot!!!

Levelland 61
Decatur 54

3:00 left in 3rd

:eek:

slingshot
11-18-2016, 11:32 PM
Final?

WOS87
11-18-2016, 11:43 PM
Levelland 82
Decatur 73
FINAL

ridiculous

hollywood
11-19-2016, 12:05 AM
Final?

Levelland QB Gerber set a state record for passing TD's in a season. 73!!!

WOS87
11-19-2016, 12:14 AM
And Levelland plays Andrews in a rematch next week. The two highest scoring teams in 4A. Will be yet another shootout.

regaleagle
11-19-2016, 12:17 AM
Do you think they can eclipse this weeks total of 155 points scored???

WOS87
11-19-2016, 12:19 AM
Do you think they can eclipse this weeks total of 155 points scored???

Andrews won 77-76 when they played earlier this year so possibly. lol

slingshot
11-19-2016, 02:15 AM
And Levelland plays Andrews in a rematch next week. The two highest scoring teams in 4A. Will be yet another shootout.The winner will likely get a rude awakening the following week against Argyle or Wylie... both teams that play swarming defense and can knock you out of your offensive rhythm.

bobcat1
11-19-2016, 08:06 AM
Andrews won 77-76 when they played earlier this year so possibly. lol

Does the defense get off the bus?

slingshot
11-19-2016, 09:44 AM
Does the defense get off the bus?Nope...

hollywood
11-19-2016, 10:22 AM
The winner will likely get a rude awakening the following week against Argyle or Wylie... both teams that play swarming defense and can knock you out of your offensive rhythm.

I don't know slingshot... after seeing what Andrews did to Brownwood. They may have what it takes offensively to give Argyle or Wylie the challenge they do not want. I'm thinking back to 2012 when Stephenville had that type of explosive offense that not even Wylie or Kilgore touted defenses could stop. Same with Levelland. With so many points of attack and at the tempo they both run their offenses, it makes it hard for any defense to defend.

We shall see, but I would not be surprised to see either Andrews or Levelland give Argyle or Wylie all they can handle.

slingshot
11-19-2016, 10:36 AM
I don't know slingshot... after seeing what Andrews did to Brownwood. They may have what it takes offensively to give Argyle or Wylie the challenge they do not want. I'm thinking back to 2012 when Stephenville had that type of explosive offense that not even Wylie or Kilgore touted defenses could stop. Same with Levelland. With so many points of attack and at the tempo they both run their offenses, it makes it hard for any defense to defend.

We shall see, but I would not be surprised to see either Andrews or Levelland give Argyle or Wylie all they can handle.You may be right. I just remember last year hearing so much about Levelland's passing game and high scoring offense... and we shut it down and crushed them in the Regional Final. Don't recall the exact score but it was like 77-13 or something. Heard also that Brownwood turned the ball over 5 times or more? I did have a little inside info that Brownwood's stud RB was severely hobbled with several injuries. Take away Brownwood's running threat, turn the ball over that many times to an explosive offense and give them extra possessions--well, you saw the result.