PDA

View Full Version : Area Round: Bellville (9-2) vs Salado (7-4) 6 p.m. Saturday at Round Rock

Scoop27
11-14-2016, 08:41 PM
Another Saturday night win for the Brahmas who I wish they would be playing La Grange

OLE'BULL
11-15-2016, 12:25 PM
Yep I miss the Bellville/La Grange games. We used to have a small rivalry with them (once Ty Gunn got out of there, haha!). LG would still be playing had they still had JK Dobbins healthy and their season would have gone MUCH differently. Unfortunately, without him they didn't have much going for them. I don't see the Brahmas having too much trouble with Salado, but we better not overlook them. Barely beating La Grange tells me that Orangefield will be tougher than Salado. O-Field only finished 4th in their tough district because of points but were much better than most 4th place teams. We are banged up a bit on the defensive side of the ball, some of those injuries will be there until the season is over. Come out of the gate on fire and we shouldn't have to look back. If we drag our feet like last week, we may not make it to round 3. I have faith in the Brahmas and coaching staff, Brahmas will control the ball and win 35-10!

PappaFeelGood
11-17-2016, 10:39 AM
Beware of Salado. Better than most think or expect. The Slot T offense will eat up clock and yards. They are going score points. Number 5 is fast and if he gets around the end he'll take it to the house. Defense has speed also. Good Luck to the Bulls.

Yep I miss the Bellville/La Grange games. We used to have a small rivalry with them (once Ty Gunn got out of there, haha!). LG would still be playing had they still had JK Dobbins healthy and their season would have gone MUCH differently. Unfortunately, without him they didn't have much going for them. I don't see the Brahmas having too much trouble with Salado, but we better not overlook them. Barely beating La Grange tells me that Orangefield will be tougher than Salado. O-Field only finished 4th in their tough district because of points but were much better than most 4th place teams. We are banged up a bit on the defensive side of the ball, some of those injuries will be there until the season is over. Come out of the gate on fire and we shouldn't have to look back. If we drag our feet like last week, we may not make it to round 3. I have faith in the Brahmas and coaching staff, Brahmas will control the ball and win 35-10!

Scoop27
11-17-2016, 05:31 PM
Webcast
http://kmacsports.ezstream.com/broadcasts/index.cfm?fuseaction=usrbrd&broadcasterid=62200

OLE'BULL
11-20-2016, 12:17 AM
Well I was close, 34-14 Brahmas roll in an semi-easy one. The game was out of reach early but I give Salado credit, they didn't throw in the towel and held Briscoe for under 100 yards (88) for the first time in a LONG time. They decided (wisely) that they were going to key on him and that opened up some other options for us. While the game was never really in reach, I felt like we struggled at times especially defensively. I believe they had to guys rush for over 100 yards, fortunately their passing game wasn't there. We didn't play as well as we should have this far in the playoffs. I noticed Briscoe didn't play defense, which I think was a wise move given who we are playing next week. I was glad to see Dylan Jackson (MLB) back to his old ways making plenty of big stops. He is still banged up but looked much healthier than last week. We will face our toughest test of the season vs WOS and will need to lay it all on the line. We can't afford to get behind early and will HAVE to play keep away. We are playing on Friday so will have to prepare with one less day. I look for some wrinkles early and hope we can jump out in front. No doubt WOS is the heavy favorite, hopefully they eat to much turkey and we sneak past them! C'mon Brahmas, get your revenge from last years loss!

Saggy Aggie
11-20-2016, 01:36 AM
It was a good run for the Brahmas while it lasted.

WOS is a lot better than Stafford for perspective.

Mustangs by 40+

Pudlugger
11-20-2016, 07:17 AM
Impressive win for Bellville. Salado was a solid football team and the Bulls blew right past them. I must say better it was the Eagles that got rolled than us LOL. WOS will be a huge challenge for Bellville but you never know in HS football. I think Bellville will be much more than a bump in the road for the Mustangs so they better be ready to play. It has been a Cinderella like season for Bellville after a start with much undeserved criticism from one of their locals on here. Look at them now! Win or lose Friday they earned much credit for a great season. Playing up next week puts them a somewhat of an advantage as they really have nothing to lose and can just play out of their minds and have some fun... no pressure really. I wish both yall a great game and that both teams stay healthy in this one.

XMan
11-20-2016, 07:48 AM
Great win, great season for the Brahmas. This week we will get to see if the Brahmas have improved since early in the season. WOS will be a true test, the first test since WAY back. Bellville's district was possibly the worst district in the state, hope they will be ready for the Stangs.