PDA

View Full Version : Brownwood vs Andrews

slingshot
11-13-2016, 08:07 PM
This should be a good one. Andrews putting up a lot of points but against a suspect schedule. Brownwood has played one of the toughest schedules around and throttled a very good Sanger team in Round 1 (told you). Who you got in this one? I'll take Brownwood by 14...

95mustang
11-13-2016, 08:52 PM
This should be a good one. Andrews putting up a lot of points but against a suspect schedule. Brownwood has played one of the toughest schedules around and throttled a very good Sanger team in Round 1 (told you). Who you got in this one? I'll take Brownwood by 14...

No one will believe unless they have seen us play. Hopefully Regional Final will be a rematch.

Bosqueville
11-13-2016, 09:44 PM
Brownwood starting to put it together. I think they get the victory by 10.

slingshot
11-13-2016, 11:32 PM
Hopefully Regional Final will be a rematch......between Wylie and Brownwood! :2thumbsup

95mustang
11-14-2016, 06:34 AM
...between Wylie and Brownwood! :2thumbsup
:iagree:

91 lion
11-14-2016, 12:39 PM
:iagree:

Bwd by 16

44-28

slingshot
11-14-2016, 05:59 PM
Honestly wished we weren't playing the same night--would love to watch this game. Brownwood peaking at the right time.

LionFan72
11-15-2016, 11:50 PM
Without any significant injuries, I'm saying Lions by 20!! Defense spanked Sanger, offense found the endzone!

bobcat1
11-16-2016, 07:13 AM
Without any significant injuries, I'm saying Lions by 20!! Defense spanked Sanger, offense found the endzone!

Abd Sanger gave Argyle a good game so The Wood by 3 TD's

db8coach
11-17-2016, 10:15 AM
Brownwood Killed Big Spring...Andrews eeked past the same badly coached Big Spring team....Brownwood big in this one. I have them at 4 touchdowns over.

hollywood
11-17-2016, 11:59 AM
If Brownwood plays Andrews at the level they did against Sanger, Big Spring or Snyder... they win big. I'd say by 21+.
If Brownwood plays Andrews at the level they did against Stephenville, Graham or Giddings... it could go either way.

Andrews has the type of offense that Brownwood has been challenged with. A high octane spread that can score fast and often. But I don't think Andrews' offense has faced a defense as tenacious as Brownwood's either.

I'll be tuning in to this one. Pulling for my alma matar! Go Lions!

BwdLions
11-17-2016, 02:47 PM
I don't mind seeing the projections favoring the Lions in this one. That being said, Andrews has a potent offense that can be hard to slow down. I think the Lions will win, but I'm predicting a closer game. I'm thinking Lions 34-27.

BwdLion73
11-18-2016, 09:34 AM
I wonder about the talk about Andrews potent offense. While they are putting up outstanding numbers when you go to the schedule (especially the last 4 or 5 games) the teams they played are ... well ... questionable at best.

I don't think that Clint, Mountain View, or Fabens had the defensive headhunters that Brownwood has. My hope is that we can get them third and long early and let some guys loose. If that happens we can say compare our opponents not our record.

BwdLion73
11-18-2016, 09:20 PM
What a first half. Andrews up 14 - 0 in first minute of the game (105 kick off return and fumble recovery on kickoff followed by quick score).

Brownwood has two touchdowns called back, a touchdown fumble into the end zone for a touchback and an interception.

Andrews is playing lights out and is passing through Brownwood's defense like they are not there. Don't know if you can make enough adjustments to help.

hollywood
11-18-2016, 09:51 PM
Andrews' offense is as advertised! Very explosive! Defense playing lights out. Look out Argyle!

ccmom
11-18-2016, 10:02 PM
Andrews' offense is as advertised! Very explosive! Defense playing lights out. Look out Argyle!
Don't get ahead of yourself, Jacketville! ;)

hollywood
11-18-2016, 10:11 PM

Shhhhhhh

hollywood
11-18-2016, 10:15 PM

52-20 Andrews over Brownwood... still 3rd quarter.

LionFan72
11-19-2016, 12:02 PM
Coffee in hand, wondering what happened to our Lions last night?? Astonished is the best word I can use. Is Andrews the real deal, or was Brownwood Brownwood last night?? The Andrews QB and RB are the real deal, no question about that!! Kudos to the best offense we have faced this season. Andrews made it look easy!! The game was out of hand in the first minute of the game with Andrews scoring twice! I think that disrupted the Lions whole game plan, which should have been to run the ball up the middle. Andrews is not big, but overall team speed is incredible, both on defense and offense. For anyone playing Andrews, you better get lots of pressure on QB. He made perfect passes when protected, but launched some missiles when rushed, and even fumbled handoffs; seems not to handle the rush at all! The running back is a little Emmit Smith and fast! Last night, Brownwood was on their heels at kickoff, it happens although we are not accustom to that feeling! REAL deal, I'm not sure, but good last night, damn right! Good luck to Andrews Mustangs!!