PDA

View Full Version : Lorena (8-3) vs Liberty (9-2) at College Station Friday

FB-fanatic
11-13-2016, 12:34 PM
Should be a good one. While we have talked about Lorena's early three losses to state ranked China Spring, La Vega, and Franklin, they have reeled off 8 straight wins since. Liberty's success came early in the season before two consecutive district losses to end the regular season, though one of those losses came to highly state ranked WOS. Loren'a Baker is right at 2,000 yards passing and 500 yards rushing. Because I help cover the Leopards for the radio, I was reviewing the stats in preparation for the show, and was surprised to remind myself that, even in the losses, Baker passed for 211 yards and 190 yards vs La Vga and Franklin, respectively. Lorena has a pretty damn good defense this year, lead by LB Haigood with over 120 tackles on the year.

What can the WOS folks tell me about Liberty?

Rocket Man
11-13-2016, 03:42 PM
This ought to be a good match up, close with an exciting 4th qtr. Good luck to the Leopards even with those ugly black helmets.

Gontex
11-14-2016, 03:58 PM
Good luck to the leopards. They are an excellent football team and will be hard for anyone to beat......

WOS87
11-14-2016, 04:30 PM
Watch out for Liberty. WOS was only up 13-7 at half. They will eat every possible second off the clock and if you have a turnover they will take advantage. WOS had possession only twice in the entire first half. Only two teams have held WOS to less than 35 points in their 22 game winning streak. Liberty and Celina. Being a run only keep away team if you get up by two scores you can play their same game and win. They were huge and looked like a rugby team literally pushing the ball forward 3.3 yards every play. They had some tricks up their sleeves too so don't take them lightly.