PDA

View Full Version : Wharton vs Hondo Playoff game

Scoop27
11-12-2016, 01:57 PM
Can the Tigers win another playoff game?

Scoop27
11-12-2016, 04:38 PM
7:30 p.m.in Beeville

Tejastrue
11-12-2016, 06:04 PM
Where is Los(t) Owls? :wave:

Blue42
11-12-2016, 10:49 PM
Can the Tigers win another playoff game?

Yes they just have to want to.

Los Owls
11-12-2016, 11:04 PM
Whats up Tejastrue...Go Owls

Tejastrue
11-12-2016, 11:11 PM
Like a long los(t) friend..nice win!

Los Owls
11-12-2016, 11:36 PM
Like a long los(t) friend..nice win!

Thanks.....1st game all year Owls played a perfect game...Offense was averaging 28 points per game but,giving up 45 on defense.....Not too good..We finally got some speed after our starter went out for the season after getting injured in Navarro game...Defense came out pounding Devine last night...Hope it continues...Don't know anything about Wharton..

Weebe
11-12-2016, 11:46 PM
Thanks.....1st game all year Owls played a perfect game...Offense was averaging 28 points per game but,giving up 45 on defense.....Not too good..We finally got some speed after our starter went out for the season after getting injured in Navarro game...Defense came out pounding Devine last night...Hope it continues...Don't know anything about Wharton..

Wharton will have more speed than Hondo has seen in 30 years.

Los Owls
11-13-2016, 12:00 AM
Wharton will have more speed than Hondo has seen in 30 years.

That's good,,,Speed is good...I'm just glad we play the game of football on the field and not on the track...Now,Navarro has speed,even the ball boys...:eek:

Tejastrue
11-13-2016, 12:00 AM
:wave: You are not a respecter of history are you dweebe? That's a mighty bold statement.

Los Owls
11-13-2016, 12:07 AM
:wave: You are not a respecter of history are you dweebe? That's a mighty bold statement.

That's cool Tejastrue...Speed,he should know..He saw Joseph Sadler's "speed" from Devine a few years ago in the playoffs,when Devine ran all over Wharton...He is just excited...lol

Weebe
11-13-2016, 12:09 AM
That's cool Tejastrue...Speed,he should know..He saw Joseph Sadler's "speed" from Devine a few years ago in the playoffs,when Devine ran all over Wharton...He is just excited...lol

I'm not a Wharton fan. But I bet they win by 2 td'a minimum.

Los Owls
11-13-2016, 12:15 AM
I'm not a Wharton fan. But I bet they win by 2 td'a minimum.

Well,that's not bad for all that speed they have,as you say...Owls have NEVER been in the playoffs and Hondo has been playing since 1912...Friday was our 1st playoff game...Right,Tejastrue...

zebrablue2
11-13-2016, 09:24 AM
That's good,,,Speed is good...I'm just glad we play the game of football on the field and not on the track...Now,Navarro has speed,even the ball boys...:eek:

Always like a fast ball boy, keeps the game moving:)

PurplePop
11-13-2016, 09:46 AM

I'm not sure if this was mentioned on the DL yet or not. The Owls played amazingly intense, focused football against Devine (they were up 35-0 at half) in honor of a teammate that died during the week in a freak car accident. As a result of their inspired play, the Owls were rewarded with something that many high school teams never experience. Hondo knows now how good they are when they play there hardest, smartest best football. The Owls have a bruising RB that was getting more yards than any RB we faced this year before he went out with an injury. They have a solid, experienced senior QB and they run a pretty good slot-t that they probably ran close to perfection against Devine. They have a couple of holes on D that can be overcome with focus and effort. The Owls played a tougher non-district schedule than most (no patsies) and were in every game. If they play Wharton anywhere close to the way they played Devine, they'll win. I don't think Hondo will have much of a let down from the Devine game, so I'll be a D-13 homey and predict the upset - Hondo 35 Wharton 28.

Tejastrue
11-13-2016, 11:57 AM
Well,that's not bad for all that speed they have,as you say...Owls have NEVER been in the playoffs and Hondo has been playing since 1912...Friday was our 1st playoff game...Right,Tejastrue...

Nah, never been there till now. Even better though, they got the win. lol

SaltySixes
11-13-2016, 12:49 PM

I remember in 2012 when Wharton was supposed to have some all world QB with blazing... speed, as they LOVE to say in Wharton.

Im not sure if he had any rushing yards at all!
Go Owl's shock everyone again this week!

SintonFan_inAustin
11-13-2016, 01:12 PM
Well,that's not bad for all that speed they have,as you say...Owls have NEVER been in the playoffs and Hondo has been playing since 1912...Friday was our 1st playoff game...Right,Tejastrue...Hondo ruin the grand opening of Sinton new turf field several years ago was the only loss for a long time for Sinton at home on that turf.

And oh yea Weebe wouldn't know much of Hondo, El Campo been higher classification for long time but rest of know Hondo playoff history.

Good luck nice win last week

Los Owls
11-13-2016, 03:49 PM
Hondo ruin the grand opening of Sinton new turf field several years ago was the only loss for a long time for Sinton at home on that turf.

And oh yea Weebe wouldn't know much of Hondo, El Campo been higher classification for long time but rest of know Hondo playoff history.

Good luck nice win last week

Thanks SintonFan...Believe me,Hondo-Sinton games will give us ulcers...Great respect for Sinton..Hondo has not showed too much promise the last couple of years with this new system..This year we have finally started to average 28 points a game but, defense was giving up 45 points average...Playing a tough non-district games and in a tough district can help sometimes or get you hurt by playoffs..Regardles,Owls played great this past Friday..Would be nice to see them continue to move on...Just need to say this,Devine is no pushover team...They had a good team this year...

cards4me
11-13-2016, 08:58 PM
Thanks SintonFan...Believe me,Hondo-Sinton games will give us ulcers...Great respect for Sinton..Hondo has not showed too much promise the last couple of years with this new system..This year we have finally started to average 28 points a game but, defense was giving up 45 points average...Playing a tough non-district games and in a tough district can help sometimes or get you hurt by playoffs..Regardles,Owls played great this past Friday..Would be nice to see them continue to move on...Just need to say this,Devine is no pushover team...They had a good team this year...

This Hondo team got my attention when I saw the score of the Divine game. Did Hondo play a lot of bigger schools in non- district ? Just curious , I thought I saw their record as 1-9. Who did they beat to get into the play-offs ?

Los Owls
11-13-2016, 10:26 PM
This Hondo team got my attention when I saw the score of the Divine game. Did Hondo play a lot of bigger schools in non- district ? Just curious , I thought I saw their record as 1-9. Who did they beat to get into the play-offs ?

If I'm correct,only Medina Valley and Bandera did not make playoffs from the 10 teams we faced....

pancho villa
11-14-2016, 08:52 AM
Wharton by 35

Blue42
11-15-2016, 04:06 PM
Wharton by 35
Would not be surprised if Wharton won by 35 or more but also would not be surprised if they lost.
Defiantly a hot and cold team.

Tejastrue
11-15-2016, 09:14 PM
Came across this..best of luck on Friday, Hondo Owls!!

https://youtu.be/Pnhn_yM5r5I

Scoop27
11-18-2016, 01:46 PM
Wish this game was on a webcast but Victoria Advocate will have score updates

44INAROW
11-18-2016, 02:11 PM
Would not be surprised if Wharton won by 35 or more but also would not be surprised if they lost.
Defiantly a hot and cold team.

I agree Blue - those short screen passes didn't impress me at all... maybe the Tigers had an off night against us :vrycnfsd: