PDA

View Full Version : Bi-District Division II - Bellville (8-2) vs. Orangfield (5-5) Saturday at New Caney

Scoop27
11-07-2016, 09:46 PM
The Brahmas play the Bobcats at New Caney ISD in Porter on Saturday at 76 p.m.
An easy win for the Brahmas in the first round of the playoffs

Bobkat
11-09-2016, 05:59 PM
Yes a very easy win, I'm hearing Orangefield might not even show up

WOS87
11-09-2016, 06:02 PM
I'm rooting for you fellow Orange Countian... Don't let the WOS score fool you Bellville.

Pudlugger
11-09-2016, 10:05 PM
Bellville will advance. Brahmas are rolling this year with one of the best rb in 4a.

The Bull #40
11-10-2016, 06:33 PM
Looking forward to making this game, while it may not be the best game, nothing is better than the atmosphere of Texas high school football playoffs! Hopefully Briscoe has another big game and continues making noise because the kid deserves some attention. Good luck to the Brahmas on Saturday, hoping for an injury free game!

Scoop27
11-12-2016, 11:45 AM
Let the countdown began-6 p.m.

WOS87
11-12-2016, 11:47 AM
12-4A 3-0 so far.

WOS87
11-12-2016, 08:04 PM
Bellville 14
OF 7
HALF

OLE'BULL
11-13-2016, 09:58 AM
Well it took into the 4thbquarter to pull away but the Brahmas will move on after an exciting 45-21 win. My hats off to Orangefield, they were much better than a 4th place District finalist normally is. That's what happens when you're in the same district as WOS. They were very physical on both sides of the ball but the Brahma D eventually put the clamps down on their Slot T offense. The Brahmas were up 14-7 going into halftime and 24-21 going into the 4th. Our run game was rolling and reeled off 21 unanswered points in the 4th. Unfortunately that seems to be the norm this year, we have been slow starters and as the competition gets tougher (like last night), we will eventually run out of time of it's not corrected ASAP. We gave up 2-3 big plays that resulted in TDs but held tough most of the night. Mac Briscoe had another huge night going for 240 yards on 24 carriers. He is lights out week in and week out and I look for him to do the same against Salado. Hopefully we move on to round 3 and get to watch him run against one of the best high school defenses in the state in West Orange Stark. He is 300-400 yards away from breaking season and career rushing records for Bellville and that's after only two seasons as the starter. The record hold is high school All American and New York Giant pro bowler Ernie Koy, not a bad one to be in the conversation with. He will need another huge night vs Salado to get their as I doubt WOS would give up many if we advance past Salado. I will tell you what, Tyler Abke has been dominant from his D end spot all year and played lights out last night. He is fun to watch. He is a leader, emotional, and represents Brahma football to the T. They even threw him in on offense when we slipped into the Wildcat (first time all year in the Wildcat) and threw a huge block downfield that allowed a long Briscoe TD. We came out healthy other than the bumps and bruises. Dylan Jackson (all state MLB) has been fighting a high ankle sprain most of the season but has shown guts week in and week out and remains a force to be reckoned with. I couldn't imagine the season the 4 year starter would be having if he was 100%. Great game Brahmas, heal up after that physical game and get ready for Salado!

GUNHO
11-13-2016, 11:26 AM
I think Bellville just had them worn out by the 4th quarter.They seemed to miss a lot of stops they were making earlier in the game.Briscoe is a beast.Congrats to Bellville.Will most likely see you in two weeks if the creek don't rise and all that.

OLE'BULL
11-13-2016, 02:28 PM
Yep Briscoe gets stronger as the game goes on, he is special and fun to watch. So I said our D eventually put the clamps on them but have confirmed the stats now. They had 380 yards of offense! Granted the 2 long runs totaled 150 of that along with the unexpected 100 yards of passing offense. So we did ok but will have to tighten up and quit giving up the big play!