PDA

View Full Version : Ok DI District 4 guys--what is the scouting report on WF Hirschi?

slingshot
11-07-2016, 11:51 AM
We've played them in years past and they are always athletic and fast... from reading it seems they are playing better this year. What are your impressions?

SBSlackers
11-07-2016, 12:27 PM
We've played them in years past and they are always athletic and fast... from reading it seems they are playing better this year. What are your impressions?

Same this year. Great athletes but smallish on the lines and defense. If AW controls the RB, Roman Turner, will be an easy night for the Bulldogs. However, Turner can flat out fly, fastest kid in District 4. If he breaks the LOS he's a threat to score from anywhere. Against Sanger, Hirschi did a great job of mixing run and pass, but for some reason, looks like they've been very run heavy in the rest of their games.

5wide
11-07-2016, 01:24 PM

Make sure you tackle at the line of scrimmage or they can hurt you. AW will control the clock which will keep the Huskie offense on the sideline. Very athletic at skill positions and are better than they have been. No more open enrollment in WF and it's going to help Hirschi going forward. Good luck to both teams.

CP3Dad
11-07-2016, 01:32 PM
They have the explosive players to fill up the highlight film, but not the consistency to beat AW. A signature win is coming for the Huskies, just not this year. Safe travels to Graham, and we'll be there to watch some D1 football.

slingshot
11-12-2016, 01:21 PM
Well... scouting report was correct. They did have SPEED. If any of you Grammies came and watched this one I want to offer my apologies for a terrible game. We came out flat, made a ridiculous number of mistakes, couldn't hang onto the ball... and still won 45-9.
We had played very well the last 6 games and the offense was rolling. Defense has been top tier all year. Last night I hope was an anomaly--we play that way against a good team (Argyle for example) and we'll get smoked. Play the way we did for the previous 6 games and we can beat anyone in the state.

slingshot
11-12-2016, 01:27 PM
I do sometimes have to remind myself these are 15-18 year old kids. They read (social media on computer or phone... not internet message boards or newpapers) that they are supposed to win easily and sometimes games like this happen... If I know Coach Sandifer and his staff we won't see a repeat next week.