PDA

View Full Version : How about dem cowboys!!!

regaleagle
11-06-2016, 04:02 PM
A very impressive win today.....Dak Prescott and this year's team are only improving every week now. WOW!!! And he's just a rookie! He has so much room to improve in the years ahead.

Wayne
11-06-2016, 04:15 PM
Cowboys definitely has something special going this season.

Macarthur
11-06-2016, 04:36 PM
Very good win. Of course, the browns are pretty bad.

bobcat1
11-06-2016, 05:06 PM
Very good win. Of course, the browns are pretty bad.This, but not a lot of mistakes today. Good practice.

Is it just me or is Dez becoming too much of a distraction?

slingshot
11-06-2016, 05:37 PM
This, but not a lot of mistakes today. Good practice.

Is it just me or is Dez becoming too much of a distraction?It's not just you... :thinking:

Wayne
11-06-2016, 07:27 PM
Not just you, he has turned into a big crybaby! Now in his defense, his arm was being held on the pass to the end zone. Buttt..... He makes millions and should be able to catch the ball one handed like Beckham! Haha

Gobbler Fan
11-06-2016, 07:33 PM
:2thumbsup

SintonFan_inAustin
11-06-2016, 07:57 PM
This, but not a lot of mistakes today. Good practice.

Is it just me or is Dez becoming too much of a distraction?Seems Dak was playing better when Dez wasn't in there, now it seems he needs to get the ball to Dez more than he wants to. Dez drops a lot of catch able balls.

But he still a threat so he still has value.

Macarthur
11-06-2016, 09:48 PM
Dez is dez. Most of the top WRs complain. He's no diff although he had a reason today. Those were two huge misses by the refs.

I think everyone needs to understand that dez's value isn't always in his numbers. He's was either bracketed or double covered almost the whole game. There was a reason Witten and Beasley were so open all day. Especially, the TD to Beasley. Go look at how much attention the defense paid to dez.

Tejastrue
11-06-2016, 10:04 PM
at least the kicking nets are not giving him a beat down.

Eagle 1
11-07-2016, 12:53 AM
at least the kicking nets are not giving him a beat down.

Lol, same thing I was thinking.

hookandladder
11-07-2016, 07:09 AM
Dak is a team player that spreads the ball around his players, that was the problem with Romo/ Dez. They had to make sure they got their numbers each game, Cowboys did not play together as a team. That was the Horns problem earlier this year however it looks like the Horns are taking the New Cowboy approach. What a great weekend, Horns, Cowboys win and aggys lose. Can't get any better.

bobcat1
11-07-2016, 07:32 AM
Dez is dez. Most of the top WRs complain. He's no diff although he had a reason today. Those were two huge misses by the refs.

I think everyone needs to understand that dez's value isn't always in his numbers. He's was either bracketed or double covered almost the whole game. There was a reason Witten and Beasley were so open all day. Especially, the TD to Beasley. Go look at how much attention the defense paid to dez.
You are right about him drawing double coverage and the TD to Beasley was directly contributed to that. My problem is him acting like a Me player and not a team player.

GUNHO
11-07-2016, 09:26 AM
You are right about him drawing double coverage and the TD to Beasley was directly contributed to that. My problem is him acting like a Me player and not a team player.

Dez is getting on my nerves with his childishness antics.Every play he's thrown to it's someone else fault he doesn't catch it.

Txbroadcaster
11-07-2016, 09:28 AM
Dak is a team player that spreads the ball around his players, that was the problem with Romo/ Dez. They had to make sure they got their numbers each game, Cowboys did not play together as a team. That was the Horns problem earlier this year however it looks like the Horns are taking the New Cowboy approach. What a great weekend, Horns, Cowboys win and aggys lose. Can't get any better.

This makes no sense

coach
11-07-2016, 10:07 AM
Not just you, he has turned into a big crybaby! Now in his defense, his arm was being held on the pass to the end zone. Buttt..... He makes millions and should be able to catch the ball one handed like Beckham! Haha

OBJ is a WAY bigger distraction than Dez.

coach
11-07-2016, 10:08 AM
My goodness there is a lot of stupidity going on in this thread. Geez Oh Pete.

d0tc0m
11-07-2016, 10:49 AM
My goodness there is a lot of stupidity going on in this thread. Geez Oh Pete.

Yes. Thank you, Coach.

Macarthur
11-07-2016, 12:40 PM
This makes no sense

Of course. It's hook; what do you expect?

Dawgs
11-07-2016, 01:03 PM
Dak has proven he is the future of the franchise along with Elliot. But this is a well put together team, with a dominant O-Line. This allows them to be balanced, and that is almost impossible to stop at any level. All the people complaining about Dez are way off. It's not about what it looks like on TV. I think it's proven that he is not a distraction to his teammates. He is just a tremendous competitor, and almost all the top WR are divas and complain about no calls on every ball they don't catch. But I think his teammates love him. I am glad we got a chance to see Dak, and he has proven so much. This gives stability to the future. We also have a top 5 talent that was drafted in the 2nd round of this years draft that will be back next season. And maybe Randy Gregory will get straightened out. That will put 2 top 10 talents on a defense next year that is already playing at a high level. The future is actually very bright for the boys. I think we are about to see a dominant 5-6 year run out of the boys. This reminds me of the Seahawks in 2012. Little bit different make up, but loaded for a sustained 5-6 year run.

But with all this said I think Romo gives the Cowboys the best chance to win the Super Bowl THIS season. I say bring him back week 13. Give him 4 games to get his feet under him, and see if you can make a run to the Super Bowl. This is Romo's last season in Dallas, but I do believe he gives you the best chance. I just think if Romo goes under center with this offense they will be even more explosive with the big plays. And you need the big plays in the playoffs.

coach
11-07-2016, 01:59 PM
In regards to Dez and how he is a "bad" teammate, I guess no one saw what Travis Kelce did yesterday.....

bobcat1
11-07-2016, 06:40 PM
In regards to Dez and how he is a "bad" teammate, I guess no one saw what Travis Kelce did yesterday.....
Yep I did. What a tool.

Cam
11-07-2016, 07:50 PM
just hope 2nd rounder Notre Dame LB Jaylon Smith fully recovers for next year.....he is a star if he gets back his health.....looks like we'll have to wait for next year with 4th rounder DE Charles Tapper as well due to injury....lot's of nice young players this team is accumulating....

lostaussie
11-07-2016, 08:00 PM
just hope 2nd rounder Notre Dame LB Jaylon Smith fully recovers for next yeardang, I done forgot about this dude!!!

stardog
11-07-2016, 10:28 PM
DEZ is doing his thing to distract attention away from the others - ?

ogg
11-08-2016, 01:33 AM
just hope 2nd rounder Notre Dame LB Jaylon Smith fully recovers for next year.....he is a star if he gets back his health.....looks like we'll have to wait for next year with 4th rounder DE Charles Tapper as well due to injury....lot's of nice young players this team is accumulating....

I'll be surprised if Smith recovers.

Macarthur
11-08-2016, 07:52 AM
I'll be surprised if Smith recovers.

Why?

coach
11-08-2016, 09:59 AM
Why?

What ever the reason may be it all stems from Tony Romo. Somehow some idiot will blame something Romo did to cause that injury.

ogg
11-08-2016, 12:04 PM
Why?
Smith is thought to have permanent nerve damage to the knee/leg.

d0tc0m
11-08-2016, 12:10 PM
Smith is thought to have permanent nerve damage to the knee/leg.

Thought by who?

ogg
11-08-2016, 12:12 PM
What ever the reason may be it all stems from Tony Romo. Somehow some idiot will blame something Romo did to cause that injury.

The injury occurred while he was still playing for the Irish. He was drafted injured by the cowboys much like Sean Lee.

ogg
11-08-2016, 12:17 PM
Thought by who?

Heck I don't remember.....something I read over a month ago. He's still in rehab. I pray he overcomes this. Outstanding player.

coach
11-08-2016, 12:49 PM
The injury occurred while he was still playing for the Irish. He was drafted injured by the cowboys much like Sean Lee.

I know exactly when he got injured. I was just saying some moron will some how turn it to Tony Romo not being a leader because he wears his hat backwards and dates incredibly hot females kinda thing.

Macarthur
11-08-2016, 01:51 PM
Heck I don't remember.....something I read over a month ago. He's still in rehab. I pray he overcomes this. Outstanding player.

The nerve has made progress. Based on what I read, I would be shocked if he's not on the field next year.

In fact, there is a reason why he has not been IR'd this year. From what I read, he knee is sound and ready to roll; the only thing they are waiting on is for the nerve to be 100%. There is some thought (although a long shot) that if the nerve started firing 100% today, he could play within a week or two.