PDA

View Full Version : La Grange (4-5) v Salado (6-4)

Pudlugger
11-05-2016, 08:51 PM
Salado comes off a 33-28 win over Connally to advance as the 3rd place team in D9 and will play the La Grange Leopards in round 1 Friday Nov. 11th at 7:30 in Hendrickson Stadium Plugerville. The Leps (4-5) are coming off a convincing win over Caldwell (6-4) 41-0 to gain the 2nd place spot on D10, They appear to be playing up to their potential at last and are relatively healthy going into this game. Salado has been putting up big numbers this year and has a very stout running game. After facing the likes of Argyle Navarro and Giddings the Leps are no stranger to power running games so this will be a big test for this team that has struggled mightily all season with injuries and general inconsistencies. If the Lep defense that played Caldwell to a shutout shows up then I figure the Leps win by 14 or so points. If not then it may be a long night and short playoff run. It is once again up to the defense to bring in the win.

buff4ever
11-06-2016, 07:21 AM
I think LG pulls this one out. Play like last week and play again next week.

solocam
11-06-2016, 08:48 AM
Leps move on to next round

hookandladder
11-06-2016, 03:53 PM
Game has been moved to A&M Cons. , same day and time.

WOS87
11-06-2016, 04:26 PM
Wow! Let me correct that thread title for you lol. 40 losses is quite a few.

Pudlugger
11-06-2016, 04:40 PM
Game has been moved to A&M Cons. , same day and time.

OK got it , thanks Hook. Last time we went there was in 2002 when we lost to Marlin in the third round. My son played in that game as TE. He made a reception on a quicky dump pass in the flat and the Marlin LB who was a real stud and D1 recruit(Arkansas IIRC) hit him low and got steamrolled. When they finally gang tackled him after 17 more yards there were three Bulldog defenders laid out on the field LOL. My son was a hoss!

44INAROW
11-06-2016, 10:12 PM
Good luck to the Leps

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Tejastrue
11-06-2016, 10:18 PM
I wish you guys all the best. What a messed up crazy year. Give em hell!

SaltySixes
11-07-2016, 08:04 PM
Is JK Dobbins really playing in the US Army All American Bowl?

Pudlugger
11-07-2016, 08:51 PM
I wish you guys all the best. What a messed up crazy year. Give em hell!

Thanks for the support Tejas. The Texans are having a very good year and should go deep in the playoffs in Region 4. The lep players were stunned by Dobbins injury in the first play of the season but like the rest of us they thought he would be back in time for district play. It didn't sink in how serious his injury was until two weeks later when all the tests were in then they were just really let down. I think that it has taken them until now in the playoffs to regain their confidence. Having some of the injured starters return also is playing big in their performance. If they continue to play at the level they reached last week against Caldwell they might advance in the Region another round or two. ;)

Pudlugger
11-07-2016, 09:15 PM

Apparently it is true as he Just got his Army All American jersey #17 and set to play Jan 7th. He's back in condition now and chomping on the bit. :)

speedbump
11-07-2016, 10:02 PM
Apparently it is true as he Just got his Army All American jersey #17 and set to play Jan 7th. He's back in condition now and chomping on the bit. :)

So is he going to play this week?

SaltySixes
11-07-2016, 10:21 PM

Good question!

Pudlugger
11-07-2016, 10:30 PM

I may have misspoke. Iit is my understanding that he isn't per OSU coaches. I don't think he is ready to play now but in another 2 months he probably should be. He graduates in January and reports to OSU for the Spring.

speedbump
11-07-2016, 10:38 PM
it is my understanding that he isn't per OSU coaches. He graduates in January and reports to OSU for the Spring.

To bad. Would have been fun to see him comeback. Shame the greed heads won't let kids be kids.

Pudlugger
11-07-2016, 10:44 PM
To bad. Would have been fun to see him comeback. Shame the greed heads won't let kids be kids.

Speedy see my post above for the edit. It has only been 12 weeks and that is not enough time to resume contact sports but usually one is able to resume otherwise normal activities. Additional PT and strengthening exercises are essential for a good result in an athlete's rehab program.

speedbump
11-07-2016, 10:56 PM
Speedy see my post above for the edit. It has only been 12 weeks and that is not enough time to resume contact sports but usually one is able to resume otherwise normal activities. Additional PT and strengthening exercises are essential for a good result in an athlete's rehab program.

Must have been more serious than i thought.

PappaFeelGood
11-08-2016, 12:02 PM
The Leps are on the mend. Should be a well contested game. In the end Leps by 10.

Pudlugger
11-09-2016, 10:00 PM
The Leps are on the mend. Should be a well contested game. In the end Leps by 10.

Playoff Projection picks Salado 21-14. If Julio plays the Leps should surprise folks Friday.

hookandladder
11-10-2016, 07:24 AM

No JK will not be playing again in a Lep uniform, his best bet is to hopefully be ready for Spring ball at OSU. It would not surprise me at all if he RS this next year at OSU, I would think a broken tibula bone needs extra time to heal. He will be back stronger then ever.

Pudlugger
11-10-2016, 09:24 AM
No JK will not be playing again in a Lep uniform, his best bet is to hopefully be ready for Spring ball at OSU. It would not surprise me at all if he RS this next year at OSU, I would think a broken tibula bone needs extra time to heal. He will be back stronger then ever.

"fibula"

I agree J,K. will not play for the Leps again but as for the 1/7/17 Army All American Bowl he was recently given a Jersey #17 and no mention was made that he would not be playing in the game.After 5 months with proper medical care, PT and conditioning may be enough and certainly a year would be more than enough time to be ready. So I don't know about Red Shirt at OSU next year as that would translate to 2 years of down time.

PappaFeelGood
11-10-2016, 10:39 AM
Playoff Projection picks Salado 21-14. If Julio plays the Leps should surprise folks Friday.

I have not heard any final word on Julio, however, I believe he is done for the year. Having him would be an advantage I must admit. We are more apt to get the Johnson kid back from his appendix surgery.

Pudlugger
11-11-2016, 03:26 PM
The Eagles run the slot t and rarely throw the ball. Look for the Lep D to load the box tonight. This will be a good game for LG as they have seen this offense a lot in the past few years and do pretty well with it (Navarro game excepted but hey they're in a class of their own). Go Leps!

WOS87
11-11-2016, 03:42 PM
Good luck! Hope everyone stays healthy

Pudlugger
11-12-2016, 10:23 AM
first let congratulate the Salado Eagles they deserved the win and are a very good football team. Next let me say to all our players how much I appreciated their efforts this year. In the face of rolling adversity from one week to the next with injuries and loss of key players they never gave up and last night showed how much desire they had to be winners. Even though they lost a herart brteaker in OT on a failed two point conversion attempt they should be proud of the comeback they waged in the 4th quarter to take it to OT. I wont second guess why Coach Kates decided not to kick the PAT and go to 2nd OT except to say that that's how he rolls. He is a gambler I guess as in the only other OT game he has had in his tenure at LG was when he went for two against the number one ranked Navasota Rattlers losing 28-27. [IIRF that team had a 4-6 record as well]. It is like doubling down in Blackjack. Same odds of winning about 1 in 3. So next time I guess he is due to get the win :).

hookandladder
11-13-2016, 09:34 AM
"fibula"

I agree J,K. will not play for the Leps again but as for the 1/7/17 Army All American Bowl he was recently given a Jersey #17 and no mention was made that he would not be playing in the game.After 5 months with proper medical care, PT and conditioning may be enough and certainly a year would be more than enough time to be ready. So I don't know about Red Shirt at OSU next year as that would translate to 2 years of down time.

Yes fibula, my bad. Still say it is higher unlikely he plays in All Star game, may suit up but I would be shocked to see him actually play.