PDA

View Full Version : Brazosport Facts - Sweeny at Aransas Pass Game Story

Scoop27
11-05-2016, 03:43 PM
Sweeny earned playoff spot: Scoring 21 points in the first quarter was enough for the Sweeny Bulldogs to get into the Class 4A Region IV playoffs as they dismantled Aransas Pass, 35-21, on Friday at Bo Bonorden Stadium.

The victory secured the final postseason berth in District 15-4A Division II for Sweeny.

“We played well in the first half, but in the second half it kind of got away from us with penalties and things and it is something that we just cannot do,” Sweeny coach Randy Lynch said. “But for the most part, we are pleased for the win.”

The Bulldogs (3-2, 6-4) opened the scoring when Donovan Banks ripped a 78-yard run into the end zone in the first quarter. That was followed by a Quinton Martin 4-yard touchdown, then senior quarterback Evan Green found Ashton Callahan on a 36 yard connection.

The Bulldogs took a 28-7 lead at halftime when linebacker Zac Lamb scooped up a fumble and scored from 4 yards out.

Martin finished up the scoring in the second half with a 52-yard jaunt into the end zone. Juan Jurado went 5-for-5 on extra points. The Sweeny offense totaled 358 yards against the Panthers.

Aransas Pass, which could have made the playoffs with a win against the Bulldogs, finished the year 1-4 in district and 2-8 overall. Sweeny will face Port Isabel at 7:30 p.m. Friday in the bidistrict round of the playoffs. The Tarpons were tri-champs in District 16 with a 9-1 overall record.

Blue42
11-06-2016, 08:58 AM
Where is this game going to be played? Should have picked Cuero on Saturday.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
11-06-2016, 11:25 AM
Where is this game going to be played? Should have picked Cuero on Saturday.

Friday, 7:30pm @ Sinton

Blue42
11-06-2016, 11:51 AM
Bring your bankroll if you want snacks at the game.:1popcorn:

TarponFanInNorthTexas
11-06-2016, 02:54 PM
Bring your bankroll if you want snacks at the game.:1popcorn:

I couldn't get the time off from work. :( I can't make it to the game.

My only hope is that the Tarpons win on Friday.

SHSBulldog00
11-07-2016, 12:18 AM
I may be able to make it.