PDA

View Full Version : Wimberley (8-2) vs Pearsall (7-3)

Tejastrue
11-05-2016, 12:52 PM
Edgewood Veterans Stadium, San Antonio
Friday 7:30

Tejastrue
11-05-2016, 08:03 PM
3-7 entering the playoffs last year. What a turn around. One could say it's Deja Vu all over again with the 1st round match-up. Pearsall has enjoyed a pretty good season. I look for Wimberley to enjoy some success in this here 2016 playoffs. Go Texans!

Third
11-06-2016, 03:12 AM
Pearsall is optimistic. We lost our starting QB for the year against Crystal City. Lost 28-14. Didnt play well. Played better against Devine, losing 42-28. Two turnovers in span of 1:20 just before half cost us there. Trailed 14-7 at the time and into half down 28-7.

Another year, another shot at Wimberley. Underdogs again but hopefully the experience of the last two years will benefit us.

Third
11-06-2016, 03:22 AM
Pearsall's season was eerily similar to the last two. Lost to Crystal City to lose seeding preference. Lost our QB going into playoffs. Last year it was our Offensive MVP. Schedule switchup had us finish season at Carrizo Springs and just like last year, rain all day so we played on black mud. Bad footing, offense couldnt get going. Won 27-2.

So now we have Wimberley first round again. We match up better against Llano or Hondo than the top dogs of that district but what are you gonna do?

Who are the Wimberley studs? Pearsall's top players are RB by committee led by Sr. Justin Munoz and Jr. Oscar Cubriel. QB is Sr. Bubba Cuevas. Def is solid, couple big boys on D line in JR Torres and Ben Stewart. LBs Carson Neal and Jacob Youngblood are solid. DB Quaid Embry can hit.

Tejastrue
11-06-2016, 05:29 PM
Rb #24 had been the workhorse for most of the season but don't believe he has played since the Boerne game. #44 has taken up the slack along with a couple of other kids. The 6' 3" QB #16 has come a long way. Believe he was 9-9 last game for 200+ yards. The receiving corp. have great hands, not blazing speed, but fast enough. Two stand out..#7 and #8. OL is big and average 250+. On defense LBs #52 and #4 and safety's #34 and #84 come to mind. The defense is very aggressive, sometimes too much for their own good but it has worked for the most part.

10ForTheWin
11-06-2016, 07:01 PM
Wimbo can play, they have a solid D, and when the offense is on it's quite potent. Don't know much about Pearsall but Wimbo schedule looked stronger. Give me Wimberley with the W

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Third
11-07-2016, 12:19 AM
Pearsall has improved. Just dont know if we're a football town yet. When your 7-3 and winning in the season finale, albeit not by a wide margin, but in a terrible field and your fans are riding the coach like your 0-9. It says a lot about the culture in your community. Nevermind the fact that the stands were not even full. Its just frustrating. When the team is losing, no one cares. They win just a little bit and EVERYONE knows more than the coaches.

Tejastrue
11-07-2016, 11:04 PM
So is Silva still your HC?

ogg
11-08-2016, 01:30 AM
Texans by a bunch.

Old Green
11-08-2016, 07:59 AM
Pearsall is optimistic. We lost our starting QB for the year against Crystal City. Lost 28-14. Didnt play well. Played better against Devine, losing 42-28. Two turnovers in span of 1:20 just before half cost us there. Trailed 14-7 at the time and into half down 28-7.

Another year, another shot at Wimberley. Underdogs again but hopefully the experience of the last two years will benefit us.

Welcome to the Texas Downlow Third. Glad to have you posting about your team !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

d0tc0m
11-08-2016, 10:04 AM
Wimberley. Big.

solocam
11-08-2016, 07:33 PM
Texans by double digits

Third
11-11-2016, 01:19 AM
So is Silva still your HC?

Yup. Four years in and kids are getting the system down. Of course for whatever reason expectations are a mile high and grumblings about the staff are starting. Kids are great though. Great attitude and our junior class is a key bunch. Tons of jrs on the field this year and many played last year. Not having our QB will hurt but not devastating like losing our MVP RB last year.

Third
11-11-2016, 01:21 AM
Welcome to the Texas Downlow Third. Glad to have you posting about your team !Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks! Been here for years, just dont post often.

bag-o-chips
11-11-2016, 07:42 AM
Best Wishes to Both Teams and hoping for an injury free contest. However I have to back our District Brothers! Go Wimberley! 35-13 !

Third
11-11-2016, 09:47 AM
Best Wishes to Both Teams and hoping for an injury free contest. However I have to back our District Brothers! Go Wimberley! 35-13 !

Surprisingly 14-4A, DII is already up 1-0 with Crystal City topping Llano last night.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-11-2016, 10:27 AM
Surprisingly 14-4A, DII is already up 1-0 with Crystal City topping Llano last night.Good win for D14-4a D2.

Good luck Mavs, think there is a ex Pirate on the staff there and not sure if one still on Wimberley staff

Tejastrue
11-11-2016, 05:54 PM
Now y'all don't get too excited. Llano's defense is not very good. Congrats to CC though. Best of luck tonight Pearsall. Go Texans!!
Thanks BOC! Right back at you! Did I say "Go Texans!"

FB-fanatic
11-11-2016, 06:04 PM
Pearsall's season was eerily similar to the last two. Lost to Crystal City to lose seeding preference. Lost our QB going into playoffs. Last year it was our Offensive MVP. Schedule switchup had us finish season at Carrizo Springs and just like last year, rain all day so we played on black mud. Bad footing, offense couldnt get going. Won 27-2.

So now we have Wimberley first round again. We match up better against Llano or Hondo than the top dogs of that district but what are you gonna do?

Who are the Wimberley studs? Pearsall's top players are RB by committee led by Sr. Justin Munoz and Jr. Oscar Cubriel. QB is Sr. Bubba Cuevas. Def is solid, couple big boys on D line in JR Torres and Ben Stewart. LBs Carson Neal and Jacob Youngblood are solid. DB Quaid Embry can hit.

The Embry family is great. Went to HS with Quaids mom. All good athletes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Third
11-11-2016, 09:33 PM
Now y'all don't get too excited. Llano's defense is not very good. Congrats to CC though. Best of luck tonight Pearsall. Go Texans!!
Thanks BOC! Right back at you! Did I say "Go Texans!"

Pretty sure this is CC's first ever playoff win.

Tejastrue
11-11-2016, 11:48 PM
Wimberley 35
Pearsall 7
final

It appears many of our starting defensive players sat this one out. Kudos to #22 Cuevas for Pearsall. The guy can play / run the ball.