PDA

View Full Version : WE READY...FOR ALL YALL

1team1dream
12-08-2002, 02:19 AM
we were told after the first couple of games that we had to prove ourselves not only to this community, to the opposing teams, and to the state that the burnet bulldogs are for real.... and i think if we havent proven ourselves to be the champions that we say that we are and will be, then yall just need to come out to the state championship game next week where once again we will prove to the whole state of texas that we are the real bulldogs..... the real champions.....the real #1 team in texas 3a football!!
:D :D

GO DAWGS!
SHOW EM HOW CHAMPIONS PLAY! :mad:

Rabbit'93
12-08-2002, 02:46 AM
so much for being modest. :rolleyes:

Chris Hart
12-08-2002, 03:43 AM
Burnet fans, We need to remember that we still have to win ONE more game to be champs. Everman is the defending champs, and they are back in the Title game for a reason, and that reason is because they are capable of beating anyone. To be the man, you have to beat the man. Burnet WORKED their way to this point, but there is still work to be done. Go Burnet Bulldogs!

SintonFan_inAustin
12-08-2002, 05:06 AM
u still have one more game to go and everman will show up, expect another sinton type game where ur offense will struggle and the defense will have to step it up like they did.

Burnet 20
Everman 14

But Everman may just pull it out late and win.

This i think will be a last to the minute game.

Pudlugger
12-08-2002, 09:36 AM
It was a great win over Jasper and one that gives me much satisfaction for precisely the reason your post is not appreciated. Jasper fans on this board took their pride too far and were talking state championship since August! Some Burnet fans did the same but not like Jasper. Well, Burnet settled that issue yesterday. Burnet now needs to think about Everman. In 2001 La Grange had the toughest game in the semi's against Giddings, which they won. They celebrated the win heartly as they deserved, but suffered an emotional letdown the next week against Commerce losing a game 14-11 in which they gained more yards (17 first downs to 4) and generaly fumbled it away. So my advice to Burnet is this: look at the two losing teams yesterday what did they have in common? Both were favored to win easily and both were overconfident, looking past the opponent on the field. You can't do that in December. Keep focused, keep the intensity, and fans,don't become insufferable as it only jinxes the team! wink

<small>[ December 08, 2002, 09:03 AM: Message edited by: Pudlugger ]</small>

sntnpirate1316
12-08-2002, 09:52 AM
is there a reason im missing that there are no everman fans on this site???

Old Dog
12-08-2002, 09:59 AM
I echo Chris Hart's comments. LISTEN to him. People respect a quiet, confident champion, not a "look at me type". Just keep the BS at a minimum and let the team take care of business. Didn't you learn anything from other posters over the last 3-4 weeks? Put a lid on it and enjoy.

<small>[ December 08, 2002, 09:02 AM: Message edited by: Old Dog ]</small>

bulldog65
12-08-2002, 10:04 AM
Old Dog:
People respect a quiet, confident champion, not a "look at me type". Just keep the BS at a minimum and let the team take care of business. Didn't you learn anything from other posters over the last 3-4 weeks? Put a lid on it and enjoy.Well said Old Dog! Bring it, don't sing it.

ladydawg03
12-08-2002, 10:28 AM
That is absolutely true about all the comments of counting or chickens before they hatch. I dont' know if anyone else saw Jaspers sign that they were holding up.. the one that said, "U LOSE." They were holding this up even when we had more then 20 points ahead of them. This is not an attitude that our Burnet Bulldogs will get, therefore the fans that support them should not either.

GO GET 'EM DAWGS!!!!

olddog73
12-08-2002, 10:29 AM
WELL SAID CHRIS, AS WE SAW YESTERDAY, THE GAME WILL BE DECIDED ON THE FIELD, NOT ON HERE. AND EVERYONE LOVES TO SEE BRAGGART BROUGHT TO HIS KNEES IN DEFEAT. IVE WATCHED ALL MOST ALL OF THE BURNET GAMES THIS YEAR AND I HAVE ALL THE COFIDENCE IN THE WOURLD THAT THEY CAN WIN THE STATE TITLE IF THEY KEEP FOCUSED, AND THANK THE LORD WE HAVE AN EXCELENT COACHING STAFF THAT WILL HELP THEM DO THAT.
I WAS PRETTY SICK AFTER ALL OF THE SOUTH EAST TEXAS ALLIGATOR POOP THAT WAS BEING THROWN AT BURNET LAST WEEK. IT DIDNT GET MUCH BETTER WHEN WE GOT TO AGGIE LAND AND ENCOUNTERED SOME OF THE JASPER FANS. THERE ARE GOOD AND BAD FANS IN EVERY COMMUNITY AND ITS UNFORTUNATE THAT THE BAD SOMETIME SEEM TO PAINT THEIR WHOLE COMMUNITY INTO THE SAME CORNER.
WE DONT NEED TO BE ARROGANT TO WIN OUR VICTORIES, WE NEED TO CONTINUE TO DISPLAY THE KIND OF CLASS THAT IVE SEEN THIS BURNET TEAM DISPLAY ALL YEAR. CLASS AND COFIDENCE WILL CARRY US TO THE TITLE, WE HAVE THE SKILL!

1team1dream
12-08-2002, 01:43 PM
like i said bulldogs we have to KEEP on showing the whole state what champions really are!

BURNET BULLDOGS #1

GO DAWGS! :D

Matthew328
12-08-2002, 02:03 PM
Hey there are a few Everman fans here...LOL Burnet is a GREAT team and they didn't need to prove anything to anyone they were a great team before the Jasper game..the win yesterday just put an exclamation point on that....Everman didn't play very well yesterday....they'll need to play much better Saturday if they want to come away with a win...good luck to Burnet and Everman..regardless of the outcome both teams have had great seasons..I just hope for a good clean game Saturday...

Bulldog Fan
12-09-2002, 03:57 PM
1team1dream:
we were told after the first couple of games that we had to prove ourselves not only to this community, to the opposing teams, and to the state that the burnet bulldogs are for real.... and i think if we havent proven ourselves to be the champions that we say that we are and will be, then yall just need to come out to the state championship game next week where once again we will prove to the whole state of texas that we are the real bulldogs..... the real champions.....the real #1 team in texas 3a football!!
:D :D

GO DAWGS!
SHOW EM HOW CHAMPIONS PLAY! :mad: This comes from a Burnet player. Now go ahead and judge Jasper and call them arrogant! :rolleyes:

big daddy russ
12-09-2002, 04:37 PM
1team1dream
[QB]...and i think if we havent proven ourselves to be the champions that we say that we are...
we will prove to the whole state of texas that we are... the real champions...[QB]Two things:
1. You've proven yourselves to be champions. You won district. You won Region IV. Everyone knows that Burnet is a great team and I don't recall anyone questioning that fact. As a matter of fact, as far as I remember Burnet has been considered one of the top two teams in Region IV since the beginning of the season. But if you're referring to Burnet being the state champs, nope. That title still belongs to Everman and you still have to go through them to get it... and they're not going to make it easy on you.

2. Talk is cheap. Mike Tyson talks a lot. Isaiah Rider talks a lot. Both of them pretty much suck at their respective sports.

Bongo
12-09-2002, 04:41 PM
"Man does not live by words alone, despite the fact that he sometimes has to eat them." by Adlai Stevenson