PDA

View Full Version : What's up with LaGrange?

WOS87
11-04-2016, 11:05 PM
Just wondering :clap:

41-0 over Caldwell

buff4ever
11-05-2016, 01:20 AM
This blew my mind.

Pudlugger
11-05-2016, 01:35 AM
This blew my mind.

Well two things come to mind:

First I predicted that the Leps would win by a possession in a close game if our starting QB Siptak returns from his injury. He did and I was wrong as the Leps rolled to a 41-0 win dominating on all aspects of the game. We may have finally gotten the monkey off our backs and a poised to make a run in the playoffs.

Second: Game ball to our defense who scored twice once on a blocked punt returned for a td by our noseguard Ellison and the other on a fumble recovery returned 55 yards by #28 Moore. In addition they had several great stops inside the red zone getting the shutout. This was the defense that showed up in our first game against Argyle holding the Eagles scoreless for almost three quarters.

My son once told me that when a team blocks a punt and scores they have about a 90% chance of winning. When we did that in the first quarter I had a very good feeling the night was ours. Perhaps the coaches on this board could comment on this assertion.

BTW another Dobbins moved up to varsity and went in with the 2nd team and scored on his first possession on a 60 yard sprint on an off tackle play down the sideline. Real burning speed surprised everyone on both sides of the field. I suspect he will get some touches next week. :)

LHAG
11-05-2016, 10:20 PM
Well two things come to mind:

First I predicted that the Leps would win by a possession in a close game if our starting QB Siptak returns from his injury. He did and I was wrong as the Leps rolled to a 41-0 win dominating on all aspects of the game. We may have finally gotten the monkey off our backs and a poised to make a run in the playoffs.

Second: Game ball to our defense who scored twice once on a blocked punt returned for a td by our noseguard Ellison and the other on a fumble recovery returned 55 yards by #28 Moore. In addition they had several great stops inside the red zone getting the shutout. This was the defense that showed up in our first game against Argyle holding the Eagles scoreless for almost three quarters.

My son once told me that when a team blocks a punt and scores they have about a 90% chance of winning. When we did that in the first quarter I had a very good feeling the night was ours. Perhaps the coaches on this board could comment on this assertion.

BTW another Dobbins moved up to varsity and went in with the 2nd team and scored on his first possession on a 60 yard sprint on an off tackle play down the sideline. Real burning speed surprised everyone on both sides of the field. I suspect he will get some touches next week. :)

Sounds as if we will have to deal with another Dobbins for a few years!

Pudlugger
11-06-2016, 09:23 AM
Sounds as if we will have to deal with another Dobbins for a few years!

Yes I expect to see him carry the ball more next Friday. Leps have depth at rb. The key to our offense remains our O line. They must get off the LOS quickly and own it. When they do that like they did this past Friday our backs get good yardage. They really opened up the middle against Caldwell.

zebrablue2
11-06-2016, 02:51 PM
Happy y'all made the playoffs PUD, coach Kate's is a class act!!!