PDA

View Full Version : Fairfield looked terrible in victory.....

eaglefan
09-06-2003, 01:03 AM
Tonite is definitely not a nite to brag about if you are a Fairfield Eagle fan. Fairfield beat a weak Lorena team only 7-0 tonite in what was a horrible game. I did not hear all of the final stats but I know at halftime Fairfield led in total yardage 152 to -2 for Lorena, yet 65 yards of penalties negated a lot of that. The timing of the penalties were not good for the Eagles either. It was a really sloppy game and if it weren't for the solid play of the defense and the lack of talent of Lorena, this definitely would have been a loss. I am a true Fairfield fan, but tonite they looked like maybe a top 40 team in the state, and not close to a top 10 team. The offensive line really needs to take a close look at itself and realize their job as well. We are fortunate tonite to have the victory in the win column, but they probably wont face another team this season that bad so they really need to get it together.

Jimbotex40
09-06-2003, 01:29 AM
that a way to make lorena feel good about themselves. how would you like it if a burnet or everman beat yall 7-0 and said they played horrible.

eaglefan
09-06-2003, 01:58 AM
If everman or burnet shot themselves in the foot and had 15 penalties over the course of the game I could probably relate to it. I will give credit to Lorena for playing hard, because they did play harder than we did but the talent just isn't there for them and w/out that no matter how hard you play sometimes you just can't pull out some games.