PDA

View Full Version : La Grange 10 Columbus 0

Pudlugger
11-15-2002, 11:55 PM
Tough defensive struggle as expected. Funny game though, the refs decided to take the fumble out of football. Columbus fumbled 5 times with La Grange recovering all five yet each time the refs said the ball was dead. :mad: Very quick whistle or just crazy. Also the game ended on a penalty at the 10 after Columbus threw a completion deep and when the reciever was tackled he lateraled FORWARD and the guy ran into the endzone. 0 time on clock, flag on the field, refs huddling forever! The Columbus coach walked to the center of the field to shake hands as if game over and the players start shaking hands and these refs call everyone back for one more play with no time on the clock. Seems you can't end the game on a penalty so everyone got back lined up and the QB got off another one into the endzone but #15 Gunn knocked it down on a perfect defensive play. Game over. Bring on Coldspring! :)

Brahma73
11-16-2002, 12:59 AM
Pudlugger:
Tough defensive struggle as expected. Funny game though, the refs decided to take the fumble out of football. Columbus fumbled 5 times with La Grange recovering all five yet each time the refs said the ball was dead. :mad: Very quick whistle or just crazy. Also the game ended on a penalty at the 10 after Columbus threw a completion deep and when the reciever was tackled he lateraled FORWARD and the guy ran into the endzone. 0 time on clock, flag on the field, refs huddling forever! The Columbus coach walked to the center of the field to shake hands as if game over and the players start shaking hands and these refs call everyone back for one more play with no time on the clock. Seems you can't end the game on a penalty so everyone got back lined up and the QB got off another one into the endzone but #15 Gunn knocked it down on a perfect defensive play. Game over. Bring on Coldspring! :) Here's what I think happened, Pud:

Columbus actually scored on the play, but there was a penalty against the OFFENSE. According to rules, games CAN end on offensive penalty. However, if LG declines penalty, TD is good. LG decides to take penalty to try to preserve shutout. Strategy successful!

Really a boring game. I was there cause my wife works for CISD. My guys were ousting Giddings. Columbus' lack of speed on both sides of the ball and inability to pass were fatal. Leps sure didn't show me much either. Seemed their O is a little anemic from what I've seen. I think they'll be quick prey if they don't step it up a notch when they have the ball. But a win is a win in the playoffs. Good luck next week against Coldspring.

eye of the tiger
11-16-2002, 01:12 AM
Congrats to the Leopards. You guys get tough come playoff time.

Pudlugger
11-16-2002, 01:46 AM
Brahma73
Really a boring game. I was there cause my wife works for CISD. My guys were ousting Giddings. Columbus' lack of speed on both sides of the ball and inability to pass were fatal. Leps sure didn't show me much either. Seemed their O is a little anemic from what I've seen. I think they'll be quick prey if they don't step it up a notch when they have the ball. But a win is a win in the playoffs. Good luck next week against Coldspring.[/QB]Boring for a Bellville fan wishing he were watching his team maybe, but it was exciting for the Leps. You sell the Columbus defense short. This was a team that was playing great football for most of the game. The Lep defense is one of the best in state and tonight they showed real determination. I bet at least two Columbus lineman go D1 this year, #77 and #75. Those guys were big and tough. We'll be fine, don't worry about our O, they will put some points up (averaging 30 points for vs. 9 points against). :D

BVarsity03
11-16-2002, 01:47 AM
I would have thought that game would have been better than what it turned out to be. Brahma73 you should have been in tomaball watching the brahmas play. It was a close came because bellville wasnt playing to their full potential. but we came around in the 4th quarter to nail the game shut.

aamove
11-16-2002, 02:09 AM
Congrats to the Leps on a good win. And good luck next week.

SintonFan
11-16-2002, 02:20 AM
Congrats La Grange! Another beginning to a deep run in the playoffs? :)

Chris Hart
11-16-2002, 02:31 AM
Congrats Pudlugger, and LaGrange on a hard fought victory. The Leopard DEFENSE is looking extremely stingy as of late. I see a game with Bellville looming on the horizon. Good Game!

Pudlugger
11-16-2002, 07:47 AM
Chris Hart:
Congrats Pudlugger, and LaGrange on a hard fought victory. The Leopard DEFENSE is looking extremely stingy as of late. I see a game with Bellville looming on the horizon. Good Game!Thanks ChrisHart for the confidence but right now the Leps will need to get ready for Coldsprings. The road to Bellville goes through some tough country, either Newton or Marlin. Tough to look to far ahead at this point. I believe we both had the Leps 10 points over Columbus didn't we? They are a salty bunch, very big line and aggresive defense. It was a clean fought game with few penalties and good sportsmanship from both sides. :)

Chris Hart
11-16-2002, 12:46 PM
Pudlugger, I agree, the Leopards don't need to look ahead, they need to take it one game at a time. I however believe the Leopards will beat Marlin or Newton. I think they both have great defenses, but so do the Leps. I think the Leopards can do more offensively against either ones defense, than eithers offense can do to the Leps. Turnovers and special teams will be the deciding factor if LaGrange plays Newton/Marlin. Good luck Leopards!!!