PDA

View Full Version : Big Spring was BAD

db8coach
10-30-2016, 05:43 PM
They gave up 412 points this year and only scored 141 in a nine game season according to Max Preps. That is an average score of 46 to 16. You think that someone would have changed their gameplan or approach as they were watching an average of 8 touchdowns being scored against them. Something wasn't working.

slingshot
10-30-2016, 09:16 PM
No doubt. Big Spring always has talent but this year even that was lacking. Surprising as this Senior group was very good in 7th-8th grade. Quote from one of our Seniors after this year's game--"These guys killed us in Jr High, what happened to them?"...

db8coach
10-30-2016, 09:33 PM
I don't know if it was lack of talent or bad coaching. From what I've heard, they were big with the excuses and not with the changes.

BwdLion73
10-31-2016, 06:48 AM
Big Springs is a mystery every year.

They weren't as big as they usually are but had decent size in spots. They were down 13 - 0 before we got our offense on the field. The up size was we got to see a lot of backups in the second half including another Bertrand as our sophomore quarterback.

Sville
10-31-2016, 08:51 AM
Big Springs is a mystery every year.

They weren't as big as they usually are but had decent size in spots. They were down 13 - 0 before we got our offense on the field. The up size was we got to see a lot of backups in the second half including another Bertrand as our sophomore quarterback.

73 BS kinda of reminds me of Crowley back in the day when we were in old 4A together. You never knew what you were gonna get from them year in and year out. They could be really, really bad, or anything in between.

db8coach
10-31-2016, 12:46 PM
I mean, they weren't setting the world on fire last year, but last year's stats show that they were scoring 18 to an opponents 32. The last time that they went winless, they were losing by an average of 8 to 33.

db8coach
11-08-2016, 01:47 PM
http://texashsfootball.com/big-spring-hc-clint-finley-big-spring-isd-parting-ways/

Guess they were worse than what people thought....

ccmom
11-08-2016, 02:55 PM
http://texashsfootball.com/big-spring-hc-clint-finley-big-spring-isd-parting-ways/

Guess they were worse than what people thought....

Wow...that was fast!!!

BwdLion73
11-08-2016, 03:26 PM
That's tough ... like db8coach said something is wrong.

When you see kids standing on the field with their hands on their hips looking at the sideline and the kids on the sideline looking toward the buses to see if the clearance lights are on yet....you have a big problem somewhere.