PDA

View Full Version : The ball bouncing a little weird in East Texas this year

lostaussie
10-30-2016, 07:27 AM
So let me see where to start.
Gilmer beats Center by 49. Gilmer loses to Carthage. Carthage loses to both Henderson and Kilgore. Kilgore beats Henderson. Henderson beats Center 56-0. And of course Center beats Kilgore.

I'm sure this can be expanded on many times over. It's just been a little weird up here this year!!!

GUNHO
10-30-2016, 10:18 AM
Don't you just love Texas high school football.

Dawgs
10-30-2016, 10:23 AM
Gilmer beats Center by 49. Gilmer loses to Carthage. Carthage loses to both Henderson and Kilgore. Kilgore beats Henderson. Henderson beats Center 56-0. And of course Center beats Kilgore.

I'm sure this can be expanded on many times over. It's just been a little weird up here this year!!!
I agree. Not to mention Carthage beat Center 49-16. Kilgore played Palestine close and then Carthage beats them by what could've been 100. I don't know what to think. Carthage looked like world beaters early, and then had a major lull in the middle of the season. Let's wait and see what happens in the playoffs. Either the top East Texas teams are really good and anybody can beat anybody on any given night, or we are all average. To be honest there is very little separating Gilmer, Carthage, Kilgore, and Henderson. So we will see what they do in the playoffs. If the Carthage team that showed up against LE, WH, Gilmer, and Palestine shows up they can beat anybody. If the same one that showed up against Henderson and Bullard shows up they will be at home after round 2. Really a Jekyll and Hyde team this season. We will see if this team can make another unexpected run deep in the playoffs. It will either be really fun or really painful.

waterboy
10-31-2016, 09:02 AM
If Gilmer could just stop turning the ball over... We will likely get at least 3 rounds deep with the talent alone. If we stop the turnovers, though, I think we can easily be in Jerry's World in mid-December. Heck, who knows, we may be there anyway.

Yes, this has certainly been a weird year in ET. How Center beat Kilgore in Kilgore is beyond me. Center is talented, but good grief, Kilgore was rolling right along and then BAM!

Aggie98
10-31-2016, 12:40 PM
Yes, this has certainly been a weird year in ET. How Center beat Kilgore in Kilgore is beyond me. Center is talented, but good grief, Kilgore was rolling right along and then BAM!

Kilgore definitely didn't play their best game of the year, but it's not like we turned the ball over 5 times or had 150-yds in penalties or anything. Center's QB just happened to be on fire all night long and he and the D-1 receiver absolutely torched our secondary.

waterboy
10-31-2016, 12:59 PM
Kilgore definitely didn't play their best game of the year, but it's not like we turned the ball over 5 times or had 150-yds in penalties or anything. Center's QB just happened to be on fire all night long and he and the D-1 receiver absolutely torched our secondary.

Yep, I read the stats, but I still didn't expect that to happen. Their QB is big and elusive, and their D1 wide receiver is big and pretty fast. I'm not surprised they had pretty big nights. I just thought that Kilgore would make a few more stops than they did, and that Center wouldn't be able to stop Kilgore often enough to win. It just goes to show that anything can happen on any given Friday night in ET.

cowboyandchrist
10-31-2016, 04:37 PM
The C Dawgs this past Friday night started what I see as here we go. They dominated the game and will turn it up a notch this week. Coach S said after the game that was the first game since the Gilmer game that the Dawgs played with emotion, fire, and mistake free ball. He believes the Dawgs are peaking at just the right time and will get better each game from here on out. The storm has started, it will stay in East, Texas for one more week and then will start moving across the state. Light wind last week, smell of rain in the air, lightening in the distance, sound of thounder, heavy rain, strong winds, and finally, the Dawgnator hits.

waterboy
10-31-2016, 04:49 PM
Here we go again! BOOM! I'm hearing some thunder!

toddg
10-31-2016, 06:15 PM
The C Dawgs this past Friday night started what I see as here we go. They dominated the game and will turn it up a notch this week. Coach S said after the game that was the first game since the Gilmer game that the Dawgs played with emotion, fire, and mistake free ball. He believes the Dawgs are peaking at just the right time and will get better each game from here on out. The storm has started, it will stay in East, Texas for one more week and then will start moving across the state. Light wind last week, smell of rain in the air, lightening in the distance, sound of thounder, heavy rain, strong winds, and finally, the Dawgnator hits.see where there is a high pressure ridge called el campo from the south

regaleagle
10-31-2016, 08:23 PM
see where there is a high pressure ridge called el campo from the south

Haha.....that's very quick of you, toddg. Maybe you should've been a weatherman, LOL.

toddg
10-31-2016, 08:38 PM
Haha.....that's very quick of you, toddg. Maybe you should've been a weatherman, LOL.nothing but blue skies here in sunny alvarado..but, i sense a bad moon rising for our opponents...

Aggie98
11-02-2016, 08:01 PM

This one goes full circle.....

Kilgore beat Carthage by 7 who beat Gilmer by 18 who beat Gladewater by 7 who beat Kilgore by 2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lostaussie
11-02-2016, 08:57 PM
This one goes full circle.....

Kilgore beat Carthage by 7 who beat Gilmer by 18 who beat Gladewater by 7 who beat Kilgore by 2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I knew someone would work Gladewater in there. There are probably several other scenarios also

WOS87
11-02-2016, 09:07 PM
Who all lost to either Krum in the Semis or Argyle in the Finals or earlier.

WOS87
11-02-2016, 09:09 PM
Sorry... that was me from the future chiming in. I told him to stay out of it. He could change the outcome saying things like that.

lostaussie
11-02-2016, 09:25 PM
Sorry... that was me from the future chiming in. I told him to stay out of it. He could change the outcome saying things like that.

Krum.......lol

Aesculus gilmus
11-03-2016, 08:10 PM
Has anyone from Krum ever posted on here? I don't recall any.

I see that the residents of our familiar foe Argyle have a lot of "bread" compared to Krum. I just looked up household income averages: $94k for Argyle and $57k for Krum, which is still way better than poor Gilmer at $39k.

This is why so many of us have to subsist on sweet potatoes and also why we got so excited when they announced recently that more government cheese was on the way due to the massive dairy surpluses. http://www.theblaze.com/contributions/government-cheese-is-back-on-the-menu/

waterboy
11-04-2016, 09:06 AM
Dang, Aesculus! What would you know about being poor? :D

Gilmer is a blue collar community, so naturally incomes will be lower on average. I would hazard a guess that a majority of people (at least the new move ins) in Argyle are white collar workers who did the whole "inner city flight" thing for their kids to have a better life. Personally, I don't care what a person's income level is, unless they act like snobs. If that's the case, they are what I call fake (or plastic) people, and I just have to laugh at them, and don't associate with them.

Oh...., I didn't read the article. When and where do we go to get our guvment cheese? :D

lostaussie
11-04-2016, 10:56 AM
I need to move to Argyle so I can fit in a little better:D

waterboy
11-04-2016, 11:10 AM
I need to move to Argyle so I can fit in a little better:D

Nope. You need to get in line with me to get that guvment cheese! :D

Aesculus gilmus
11-04-2016, 12:13 PM
I don't relate to the really wealthy folks either. I sometimes think I have some sort of reverse discrimination thing going on there.

Jerry Jones, for instance, may be a great fellow, but I can't stand him even though I've never met him and never will.

waterboy
11-04-2016, 12:46 PM
Jerry Jones? He has foot / mouth disease. Not many people can relate to somebody with that disease. :D

Similar interests, values, hobbies, attitudes, etc. have more to do with how you relate to people than their pocket book.

WOS87
11-05-2016, 01:23 AM
Ehhhhh ... after tonight it seems like East Texas is the same if not worse than last year. Come at me smoaky trolls

Dawgs
11-05-2016, 09:04 AM
Ehhhhh ... after tonight it seems like East Texas is the same if not worse than last year. Come at me smoaky trollsWe will find out pretty quick. But its all relative to how good ETX has been in the past. Last year would have been considered a down year, and we still had 2 teams win their Region. Just didn't have a state champ. We will find out how good East Texas teams are when they get out of their area. We have all been beating up on each other all year. Lets wait and see what happens when we get a chance to play some other teams. I'm not saying your right or wrong. I am just saying wait, and see. I don't think Carthage has the maturity to make a deep run, but they have surprised me before. I wont count out Gilmer ever. Henderson has as good of skill position players as anybody in the state. Kilgore has proven they can beat anybody on any given night. Now can or would any of these teams beat your Mustangs? I doubt it. Sometimes you just have those special teams come thru and the stars align. It is a good feeling. La Vega 2015, Gilmer 2014, Carthage 2013, Navasota 2012, and looks like WOS 2016 is the next great team in a line of some very impressive teams at the 4a level. WOS is putting together an all time season. You see the difference between Carthage and Gilmer fans is we can appreciate these types of seasons. I am rooting for WOS unless they meet up with the Buckeyes in the final. I love to see young men achieve the ultimate goal as a team, and do it at a very high level.

buckeyebob
11-05-2016, 12:00 PM
We will find out pretty quick. But its all relative to how good ETX has been in the past. Last year would have been considered a down year, and we still had 2 teams win their Region. Just didn't have a state champ. We will find out how good East Texas teams are when they get out of their area. We have all been beating up on each other all year. Lets wait and see what happens when we get a chance to play some other teams. I'm not saying your right or wrong. I am just saying wait, and see. I don't think Carthage has the maturity to make a deep run, but they have surprised me before. I wont count out Gilmer ever. Henderson has as good of skill position players as anybody in the state. Kilgore has proven they can beat anybody on any given night. Now can or would any of these teams beat your Mustangs? I doubt it. Sometimes you just have those special teams come thru and the stars align. It is a good feeling. La Vega 2015, Gilmer 2014, Carthage 2013, Navasota 2012, and looks like WOS 2016 is the next great team in a line of some very impressive teams at the 4a level. WOS is putting together an all time season. You see the difference between Carthage and Gilmer fans is we can appreciate these types of seasons. I am rooting for WOS unless they meet up with the Buckeyes in the final. I love to see young men achieve the ultimate goal as a team, and do it at a very high level.

Thanks my man...I can say that the East Texas Teams will play hard. It is an exciting time...talked to one of my Freshmen buds last night...he was told to suit up with the Varsity Monday (his 15th birthday is Wednesday). Thursday we meet Diboll in Tatum & the journey begins. We all remember this time in our lives...even though it was 50+ years ago for me. Best of luck to all.

As a reminder...never give up on the Buckeyes cause they will smash you in the mouth.