PDA

View Full Version : Week 11-Wharton (6-3, 3-1) at Cuero (9-0, 4-0)

Scoop27
10-29-2016, 01:06 PM
Cuero will probably win this one but it could be close-The Tigers don't play especially good on the road and this will be a long trip

sourhern
10-29-2016, 03:44 PM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161029/1040901f1a8a351d815addb92c63261f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sourhern
10-29-2016, 03:45 PM
If everything stays the same as it is now

WOS87
10-29-2016, 04:35 PM
You've got the #2 and #3 seeds switched from where the official bracket shows they should be unless you calculated differently than I did

http://www.uiltexas.org/football/playoff-brackets/4AD2

PurplePop
10-29-2016, 07:54 PM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161029/1040901f1a8a351d815addb92c63261f.jpg

Sweeny won't beat Wimberly and Wimberly will give Cuero all it can handle.

sourhern
10-29-2016, 08:10 PM
Well let's hope you're right

sourhern
10-29-2016, 08:16 PM
I think Sweeny is pretty talented I see them making a good run

Gobbler Fan
10-29-2016, 09:19 PM
Navarro beat Wimberly 34-14 . What makes you think it would be any closer if they played Cuero?

speedbump
10-29-2016, 09:35 PM
Sweeny won't beat Wimberly and Wimberly will give Cuero all it can handle.

Bet the chicken coop or an old rusty plow on the Sweeny game, but don't bet the whole farm.

WOS87
10-29-2016, 10:18 PM
When's the last time Navarro beat Cuero? Just curious.... :stirpot:

Gobbler Fan
10-29-2016, 10:27 PM

'Crickets'

Corn Cob
10-29-2016, 10:34 PM
They should have beat them last year, but you know what happened.......that darn rain storm had to come and mess things up.

SaltySixes
10-29-2016, 10:49 PM
They should have beat them last year, but you know what happened.......that darn rain storm had to come and mess things up.

This might be corn cobs 10th consectutive post about weather. Pretty darn consistant. Great job. :clap:

Corn Cob
10-29-2016, 11:07 PM
This might be corn cobs 10th consectutive post about weather. Pretty darn consistant. Great job. :clap:
Well, I am a corn farmer, you know, so I pay allotta attention to the weather. I just hope it doesn't rain during the playoffs again this year.

PurplePop
10-29-2016, 11:22 PM
Navarro beat Wimberly 34-14 . What makes you think it would be any closer if they played Cuero?

I didn't say that. I said Wimberley would give Cuero all they could handle. Wimberley was one bad referee spot away from being tied 14-14 with us at the half instead of down 21-7. We had to grind out that win with mistake free football. They're a very good football team and their record against a tough schedule shows it. Underestimate them at your own peril. I don't think Sweeny will be on Wimberley's side of the bracket. Wimberley will handle Sinton, but it could be close depending on which Sinton team shows up.

sinfan75
10-29-2016, 11:55 PM
I didn't say that. I said Wimberley would give Cuero all they could handle. Wimberley was one bad referee spot away from being tied 14-14 with us at the half instead of down 21-7. We had to grind out that win with mistake free football. They're a very good football team and their record against a tough schedule shows it. Underestimate them at your own peril. I don't think Sweeny will be on Wimberley's side of the bracket. Wimberley will handle Sinton, but it could be close depending on which Sinton team shows up. I don't think Sinton and Wimberley will meet this year.

WOS87
10-30-2016, 12:22 AM
I don't think Sinton and Wimberley will meet this year.

Beat Rio Hondo and you face Wimberley according to my predictions. If Wharton beats Cuero then no.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-30-2016, 01:06 AM
I didn't say that. I said Wimberley would give Cuero all they could handle. Wimberley was one bad referee spot away from being tied 14-14 with us at the half instead of down 21-7. We had to grind out that win with mistake free football. They're a very good football team and their record against a tough schedule shows it. Underestimate them at your own peril. I don't think Sweeny will be on Wimberley's side of the bracket. Wimberley will handle Sinton, but it could be close depending on which Sinton team shows up.Wimberley season been ending to Sinton past couple of years and will again if both on same side of the bracket even though no Ethan Owens to fear this season as he transfer to Yoakum. IMO Sinton wouldn't be struggling right now offensively but will just have to ride it out til their starting qb gets timing down of the offense.

His first start was last year in the playoffs against Wimberley and was out in the 2nd game of the season return in week 7. He's slowly getting there, Sinton defense will handle Wimberley offense if that matchup comes up. We just might get to see yall in RD2 :)

SintonFan_inAustin
10-30-2016, 01:09 AM
Beat Rio Hondo and you face Wimberley according to my predictions. If Wharton beats Cuero then no. Two teams Sinton has a perfect record against.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-30-2016, 01:12 AM
but back on topic

Think past several years Wharton and Cuero have had some classic games going down to last minutes or seconds of the game. Last year was an exception, Gobblers were missing some starters.

sourhern
10-30-2016, 02:06 AM
but back on topic

Think past several years Wharton and Cuero have had some classic games going down to last minutes or seconds of the game. Last year was an exception, Gobblers were missing some starters.

8 I believe

sourhern
10-30-2016, 02:07 AM
I didn't say that. I said Wimberley would give Cuero all they could handle. Wimberley was one bad referee spot away from being tied 14-14 with us at the half instead of down 21-7. We had to grind out that win with mistake free football. They're a very good football team and their record against a tough schedule shows it. Underestimate them at your own peril. I don't think Sweeny will be on Wimberley's side of the bracket. Wimberley will handle Sinton, but it could be close depending on which Sinton team shows up.

Dang I guess u don't have much faith in Cuero

sourhern
10-30-2016, 02:10 AM

R u sure cuz Cuero has beaten Navarro in just about every weather element for 3 years

PurplePop
10-30-2016, 09:12 AM
Dang I guess u don't have much faith in Cuero

Cuero won't make it to the state finals if that's what you mean.

griff
10-30-2016, 09:21 AM
Is there a radio broadcast of this game? If so, where?

Scoop27
10-30-2016, 09:22 AM
http://www.gobblersports.com/

Scoop27
10-30-2016, 09:23 AM
Is there a radio broadcast of this game? If so, where?
http://www.gobblersports.com/

Gobbler Fan
10-30-2016, 10:30 AM

Will Navarro?

You sure have a lot to say about what Cuero will or wont do:hand:

Tejastrue
10-30-2016, 11:29 AM
Two teams Sinton has a perfect record against.

Thought this was a Texan thread. Nice to know we are still thought of...Wimberley is 3-0 against Cuero since 2010. Makes no difference now. What does is that the Texans are better than last year and Sinton is not. Don't count your chickens. :stirpot:

Hey Purple..you must have watched the same game I did.

sourhern
10-30-2016, 12:05 PM

Let me guess ugh... Navarro is gonna beat us again. 4 years n a row of hearing it, we get it panthers are gonna pounce us yet again

sourhern
10-30-2016, 12:06 PM
In all honesty have u ever watched a Cuero game

sourhern
10-30-2016, 12:17 PM
Other than meeting in the playoffs

sourhern
10-30-2016, 12:22 PM
Or u just look at the scoreboard and say oh well look at our score vs what Cuero scores. Honestly Cuero is way bigger upfront than last year and just as physical if not more. I've watched Navarro and their size doesn't match up to Cuero up front yet again I see there are some bigger olinemen y'all have. I think 2 #74 and another but can't wait for this game y'all do have speed just not as much as Cuero. This game is always exciting

SaltySixes
10-30-2016, 01:47 PM
Well, I am a corn farmer, you know, so I pay allotta attention to the weather. I just hope it doesn't rain during the playoffs again this year.

Well we can agree on that...

SaltySixes
10-30-2016, 01:56 PM
Let me guess ugh... Navarro is gonna beat us again. 4 years n a row of hearing it, we get it panthers are gonna pounce us yet again

Come on Sour. You have to admit 4 years in a row for anyone is tough, reguardless of who you think will win. Dont make it sound like you will roll over us with ease.

sourhern
10-30-2016, 02:04 PM
No I'm just saying has he even seen Cuero I get it he's probably a die hard fan but to not at least give us some credit

Blue42
10-30-2016, 07:53 PM
Be sure to vote for Tyler Edwards player of the week Victoria Advocate.

pirate4state
11-01-2016, 11:27 AM
Wimberley season been ending to Sinton past couple of years and will again if both on same side of the bracket even though no Ethan Owens to fear this season as he transfer to Yoakum. IMO Sinton wouldn't be struggling right now offensively but will just have to ride it out til their starting qb gets timing down of the offense.

His first start was last year in the playoffs against Wimberley and was out in the 2nd game of the season return in week 7. He's slowly getting there, Sinton defense will handle Wimberley offense if that matchup comes up. We just might get to see yall in RD2 :)

What in the hell is this mess...:doh:
I think Cuero has Wharton's # -- with the district title on the line I don't think the Gobblers will lose at home.

Weebe
11-01-2016, 12:00 PM
I think Cuero has Wharton's # -- with the district title on the line I don't think the Gobblers will lose at home.

They have their number based on what?

The series is at 2-2 over the last 4 years.

SaltySixes
11-01-2016, 01:39 PM

Agreed. Gobblers appear to be stronger than ever. On top of that, I still havent been convinced that Wharton is nearly as special as some people say.

PurplePop
11-01-2016, 02:58 PM
In all honesty have u ever watched a Cuero game

I have tons of respect for Cuero. Great football tradition. I remember hearing about Cuero football when I was a kid growing up in Houston in the '70's. I've been to 4 Cuero games in the last 3 years. You can probably guess 3 of the 4. Cuero is very, very good again this year and loaded with speed and size. We regularly beat teams that are bigger and faster than us because our coach is so good. The problem we have with Cuero is that your coach is also very good. Until the Panthers beat you, we have no business being ranked above you. That's for sure. Hopefully, we'll make it to regional finals and get a fourth shot at the Gobblers. The Gobblers have to take care of business Friday night. I expect they will, but I think it will be tight. I'll go Cuero 24 Wharton 21.

Weebe
11-01-2016, 03:27 PM
Agreed. Gobblers appear to be stronger than ever. On top of that, I still havent been convinced that Wharton is nearly as special as some people say.

Wharton's just not consistent. They can beat just about anybody when things are rolling but they can just as easily lose to a much lesser team if they get down on themselves early.

Scoop27
11-01-2016, 03:31 PM
Wharton is not a good road playing team as they lost to Sealy and Sweeny. They're fans don't travel well as I doubt they will have a big crowd in Cuero in the stands. I think it's mentally hard on them. They are not a consistent team and have played up and down all season even with the win over Bellville. The poorest play game was against Sealy after being off for two weeks after not having a scrimmage the week before and came out flat. They out played and El Campo and could have won easily with a few breaks. The almost tied Sweeny in the final seconds of the game with and INT in endzone. I'm sure Cuero will win this game but it could be close-Depending on Wharton's defense will play. The Tigers have a lot of speed and quickness which they can utilize to score some points. They also have to limit turnovers and penalties to have a chance

pirate4state
11-01-2016, 04:48 PM
They have their number based on what?

The series is at 2-2 over the last 4 years.

My keen observations and memory of past conversations when these 2 have played each other.

Looking back though (since 2003) Cuero is only 4-3 against Wharton with 4 of those games being won by 1 point so maybe my memory is faulty. LOL

I've watched Wharton play Burnet twice, Cuero twice, and Devine once. There is no question they have speed, size and the talent most years to beat anyone on any given Friday, but in those games I watched they just couldn't seem to get out of their own way sometimes.

I just like Cuero at home in this game...hell it may come down to another 1 point game.

pirate4state
11-01-2016, 04:49 PM

I'd say they were pretty special against us, but then again we aren't as special as some people like to believe.

44INAROW
11-01-2016, 05:17 PM
I'd say they were pretty special against us, but then again we aren't as special as some people like to believe.

I hope you're right about the Gobblers winning - not sure if my ole ticker can handle another 1 point, last minute victory (Lil44 was playing in 2004 (56-55) & 2005 (29-28)- (but if that's how we win, I'll take the win) :cheerl: I do bet the stands (Cuero side at least) will be full for this one.... should be an exciting game.... GO MEAN GREEN :wave:

Old Green
11-01-2016, 05:45 PM
Games played between Wharton and Cuero

1950 - Wharton 33-6
1951 - Cuero 13-7
1952 - Wharton 14-7
1953 - TIE 19-19
1973 - Cuero 7-0 Playoffs
2003 - Wharton 32-29 Playoffs
2004 - Cuero 56-55
2005 - Cuero 29-28
2012 - Cuero-20-19
2013 - Wharton 23-22
2014 - Cuero 33-20
2015 - Wharton 35-13
2016 - ??

The 2004, 2005,2012, and 2013 games were decided in the last 10 seconds or less.

Tejastrue
11-01-2016, 08:29 PM
Hey SFA...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mlf-spczXA

SintonFan_inAustin
11-01-2016, 11:54 PM

Opinion, prediction and possible projections.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-01-2016, 11:57 PM
Hey SFA...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mlf-spczXA

Laughing is good.

sourhern
11-02-2016, 05:27 PM
I have tons of respect for Cuero. Great football tradition. I remember hearing about Cuero football when I was a kid growing up in Houston in the '70's. I've been to 4 Cuero games in the last 3 years. You can probably guess 3 of the 4. Cuero is very, very good again this year and loaded with speed and size. We regularly beat teams that are bigger and faster than us because our coach is so good. The problem we have with Cuero is that your coach is also very good. Until the Panthers beat you, we have no business being ranked above you. That's for sure. Hopefully, we'll make it to regional finals and get a fourth shot at the Gobblers. The Gobblers have to take care of business Friday night. I expect they will, but I think it will be tight. I'll go Cuero 24 Wharton 21.

Yeah your team scares me in the playoffs every year. Never seen a team with as much heart and love for the game as Navarro and I see the amount of respect Cuero has earned over the years on the field specially after last years start. The tradition that's installed in us in Cuero is we go to state or it wasn't a great season. This years game will be a classic as always hoping both teams get to meet up and stay injury free in the playoffs. As far as Wharton game I'm hoping Cuero shows why they are ranked to high in the polls.

SaltySixes
11-03-2016, 01:34 PM
Thanks Sour! and yea, come tomorrow night, Wharton will know exactly why the Gobblers are ranked so high!!! Go Mean Green!

d0tc0m
11-03-2016, 01:47 PM
Give me Cuero by a lot.

SaltySixes
11-03-2016, 01:51 PM
Give me Cuero by a lot.

I concur, I believe that Cuero will have a pretty easy go of it until they would play Wimbo.

Gobbler Fan
11-03-2016, 04:47 PM
I concur, I believe that Cuero will have a pretty easy go of it until they would play Wimbo.

Wimberly? If Cuero takes care of business they will have to face the Pirates again after they beat the Texans in rnd3.:stirpot:

speedbump
11-03-2016, 06:19 PM
Cuero better bring their A game. This aint gonna be easy. Wharton won't be asleep like they were for Sweeny. Gobbles 24 Tigers 20.

Tejastrue
11-03-2016, 09:16 PM
I think the Navarro folks are trying to redirect some attention. Stop it! :hand:

Blue42
11-03-2016, 09:28 PM
Last time Cuero went 10 and 0 we had the chupacabra.
Manbearpig has just been spotted in Cuero so 10 and 0 it is again baby.

Go Mean Green!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

SintonFan_inAustin
11-03-2016, 09:53 PM
Last time Cuero went 10 and 0 we had the chupacabra.
Manbearpig has just been spotted in Cuero so 10 and 0 it is again baby.

Go Mean Green!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!yea there's a picture of it from that season in one of the threads.

Blue42
11-03-2016, 10:40 PM
Came up with a new mix drink. Crown royal and prune juice. I call it Game of Thrones
Go Mean Green!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rb585
11-03-2016, 11:29 PM
Wimberly? If Cuero takes care of business they will have to face the Pirates again after they beat the Texans in rnd3.:stirpot:

You better hope so. When is the last time you beat us? :stirpot:

44INAROW
11-04-2016, 08:16 AM
You better hope so. When is the last time you beat us? :stirpot:

RB - did you go to the Cuero/Wimberley game in Seguin - 2004 I think?? The FOG Game.... We were talking about that game the other day... That's the thickest fog I've ever seen...

Gobbler Fan
11-04-2016, 04:41 PM
I remember hearing the crowd on the other side of the Stadium but not being able to see them. The players were hard to make out on the field it was a surreal setting for sure.

GobblersUnite
11-04-2016, 05:05 PM
That's when Kyle Noack returned a fumble for a TD to put the game away. That was a crazy and odd atmosphere!

SintonFan_inAustin
11-04-2016, 05:28 PM
I remember hearing the crowd on the other side of the Stadium but not being able to see them. The players were hard to make out on the field it was a surreal setting for sure.Had pictures or short video of the game haven't been able to locate it might of been on my computer that crashed a few years ago. I was in Wimberley side with some other downlowers think LHPM and could hear GO MEAN GREEN chants coming from the fog lol

sourhern
11-04-2016, 05:58 PM
Was that the game Nic Taylor took that screen to the house for 70 yds

44INAROW
11-04-2016, 06:58 PM
Was that the game Nic Taylor took that screen to the house for 70 yds

Yes. But with all the side running, he ran about 200 yards

sourhern
11-04-2016, 07:04 PM
Lol I remember that now he had that juke stick

Tejastrue
11-04-2016, 07:36 PM
Hey SFA .. clear some room for mail.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-04-2016, 09:41 PM
Hey SFA .. clear some room for mail.shredded some mail

Old Green
11-04-2016, 11:58 PM
Game Stats

Wharton

Firstdowns 10
Passing 15-23-1 for 79 yards
Rushing 19 for 104 yards
Fumbles 0
Total yards 183

Cuero

Firstdowns 20
Passing 9-11-0 for 186 yards
Rushing 44 for 374 yards
Fumbles 2
Total yards 560

TarponFanInNorthTexas
11-05-2016, 12:01 AM
Game Stats

Wharton

Firstdowns 10
Passing 15-23-1 for 79 yards
Rushing 19 for 104 yards
Fumbles 0
Total yards 183

Cuero

Firstdowns 20
Passing 9-11-0 for 186 yards
Rushing 44 for 374 yards
Fumbles 2
Total yards 560

Now that's some domination by Cuero right there.

Y'all take it easy on Raymondville. They've had a rough season down there.

iFootball
11-05-2016, 12:18 AM
Now that's some domination by Cuero right there.

Y'all take it easy on Raymondville. They've had a rough season down there.

Saw on KIII twitter account Wharton vs Orange Grove Friday in Victoria

TarponFanInNorthTexas
11-05-2016, 01:06 AM
Saw on KIII twitter account Wharton vs Orange Grove Friday in Victoria

Seen the same thing from another source.

Blue42
11-05-2016, 08:30 AM
If anyone has any info on how the player that got hurt last night from Wharton is please post have been praying for him.

iFootball
11-05-2016, 08:41 AM
This was posted on 2016 CUERO High School Football Facebook page "Mike is awake and moving around. He does have all of his feelings. He did suffer a concussion. Still reviewing X-rays but appears normal. About to perform a MRI due to the fact he was unconscious for 30 secs."

Blue42
11-05-2016, 09:11 AM
This was posted on 2016 CUERO High School Football Facebook page "Mike is awake and moving around. He does have all of his feelings. He did suffer a concussion. Still reviewing X-rays but appears normal. About to perform a MRI due to the fact he was unconscious for 30 secs."
Talked to Dr Heard after the game said he had never seen a kid out for that long about 2 min very sobering end to the game last night. Was scary as hell when the Cuero side is full of people and all I hear is crickets and my wife quietly sobbing for 5 min. Hope he is alright and nothing permanent wrong.

Old Green
11-05-2016, 09:11 AM
Cuero vs Raymondville Friday November 11 @ 7:30 @ Cabaniss Field Corpus Christi

Blue42
11-05-2016, 09:41 AM
Cuero vs Raymondville Friday November 11 @ 7:30 @ Cabaniss Field Corpus Christi

Lots of people asked me last night when and where and who and that is what I told them it would probably be maybe I'm psychic or I'v known Travis long enough to guess.

Old Green
11-05-2016, 09:45 AM
Lots of people asked me last night when and where and who and that is what I told them it would probably be maybe I'm psychic or I'v known Travis long enough to guess.

That's where I figured it would be played too. Cuero Record had it posted on its Facebook page.

iFootball
11-05-2016, 11:10 AM
I was very impressed with Cuero's defense and the goal line stance against Wharton.

Old Green
11-05-2016, 12:48 PM
I was very impressed with Cuero's defense and the goal line stance against Wharton.Yes it was. Best goal line stand I've seen in years. 4 tries from the 1 yard line and couldn't punch it in.

Old Green
11-05-2016, 01:39 PM
Cuero - Wharton game highlights from kavu tv25

crossroadstoday.com/story/33637189/cuero-wins-district-championship

cards4me
11-05-2016, 03:37 PM
Talked to Dr Heard after the game said he had never seen a kid out for that long about 2 min very sobering end to the game last night. Was scary as hell when the Cuero side is full of people and all I hear is crickets and my wife quietly sobbing for 5 min. Hope he is alright and nothing permanent wrong.

Very scary to say the least. Cuero fans and team showed a lot of class the way this situation was handled . I have never seen a stadium go completely silent as it did. I am hearing the kid is doing fine at this time . I am sure there will be some additional tests coming this week . Good luck to the Tigers and Gobblers in the play-offs .