...... District has max of 17 on points for tie breakers -
...... LH over B -- 44-23.....gives LH +17
...... B over G --- 38-35.....gives B... +3
...... G is at..................................... 0

If G wins by +4 they get the F, Burnet is out
If G wins by only +3, tie with B and B has head to head over G so B gets the F

stardog
10-30-2016, 04:45 AM
Another scenario would be if Gatesville beats Liberty by at least +17 would make 2-way tie , Gatesville gets the T and LH would get the F

Rabid Cougar
10-30-2016, 11:38 AM
At least he didn't use the dreaded "s".

Or put WACO in front of Robinson

Rabid Cougar
10-30-2016, 11:41 AM
If favorites win Week 11 games - standing will finish at:
.....W La Vega.......... 5 - 0 ..... gets the... W
.....China Spring....... 4 - 1 ....... ".... " .... R
.....Liberty Hill.......... 3 - 2 ...... " .... " .... T
.....Burnet............... 2 - 3 ...... " ..... " .... F
.....Gatesville........... 1 - 4
.....Lampasas........... 0 - 5

----- BUT ---If G beats LH - could be 3 way tie between LH, B, and G at 2-3
...... District has max of 17 on points for tie breakers -
...... LH over B -- 44-23.....gives LH +17
...... B over G --- 38-35.....gives B... +3
...... G is at..................................... 0

If G wins by +4 they get the F, Burnet is out
If G wins by only +3, tie with B and B has head to head over G so B gets the F

The hill folk are still feudin' for play off spots.

stardog
10-30-2016, 02:16 PM
Burnet's options are:

1 - Root for LH to beat Gatesville
2 - Root for Gatesville to beat LH but no more than 3 pts
3 - Beat La Vega

cookiemonster
10-30-2016, 08:51 PM
Gatesville has to beat LH by 17 to make the playoffs due to tie breaker rules in the district if Burnet loses to La Vega.

stardog
10-30-2016, 09:48 PM
Gatesville has to beat LH by 17 to make the playoffs due to tie breaker rules in the district if Burnet loses to La Vega.

That sounds better !!!
So explain how that all works exactly.

cookiemonster
10-30-2016, 10:15 PM
Wording in the district minutes:
3 way tie:
Stay with the points system. After the tie is broken by points the next seed will be determined by head to head.

greendawg84
11-01-2016, 07:59 AM
You mean China Spring(s) .....

Rabid Cougar
11-01-2016, 09:16 AM
You mean China Spring(s) .....

Meh!

Bosqueville
11-01-2016, 10:20 AM
I've got this feeling that Gatesville beats Liberty Hill. LH is banged up and they seem to have trouble with the spread. Gatesville is very good.

panfan
11-01-2016, 10:38 AM
I've got this feeling that Gatesville beats Liberty Hill. LH is banged up and they seem to have trouble with the spread. Gatesville is very good.

LH is banged up, against CS we were missing starting RB due to ankle injury and a few other players. We really don't have problems with the spread as much as we have problems with receivers that are 8" taller than our tallest defensive back. If Gatesville has big ass receivers (i mean tall), and a QB that can lob the ball up where only they will catch it, then we will have a problem. Gatesville vs LH will be very close, but LH will come out on top in the end.

panfan
11-01-2016, 10:40 AM
Meh!

So does China spring actually have a spring, does China grove actually have a grove, and does Liberty Hill actually have a Hill?? One wonders....

Cam
11-01-2016, 01:04 PM
So does China spring actually have a spring, does China grove actually have a grove, and does Liberty Hill actually have a Hill?? One wonders....

....well they sure do....have a spring that is.....

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j347/burnet2/spring.jpg

and Liberty Hillary has a hill just as well.....several of em'.....

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j347/burnet2/Fire-ant-mound-Giant.jpg

as for the China "grove".....only the Doobie Brothers know for sure.........:vrycnfsd:

buff4ever
11-01-2016, 01:34 PM
How could I guess that cam would be smack dab in the middle of a playoff mess. Good luck ol cam. Cause it seems to be out of you guys hands.

toddg
11-01-2016, 02:29 PM
So does China spring actually have a spring, does China grove actually have a grove, and does Liberty Hill actually have a Hill?? One wonders....yep, once a year!!!

Cam
11-01-2016, 02:43 PM
How could I guess that cam would be smack dab in the middle of a playoff mess. Good luck ol cam. Cause it seems to be out of you guys hands.

....On the contrary....it's totally in Burnet's hands......all they gotta do is win.....most don't give them much of a chance against LV, but this is one of those match ups that for some reason each team gives the other fits......Case in point: last year's game between these two....Burnet torched the LV so-called all star secondary all night long and it took a last minute trick play by LV to pull out the win......if LV comes in complacent that could become a problem for them.....it will quickly become a shootout.....Burnet will come in fightin' for their lives....they ain't skeered of LV.....
....ain't you got any buffalo paintin' to do out yonder in Giddings?........speakin' of....I could sure use a hand on my picket fence garden....I hate paintin' those things!.....should I use a sprayer and be wasteful....or just go with the roller in hand?.......I suck at both......

buff4ever
11-01-2016, 03:00 PM
....On the contrary....it's totally in Burnet's hands......all they gotta do is win.....most don't give them much of a chance against LV, but this is one of those match ups that for some reason each team gives the other fits......Case in point: last year's game between these two....Burnet torched the LV so-called all star secondary all night long and it took a last minute trick play by LV to pull out the win......if LV comes in complacent that could become a problem for them.....it will quickly become a shootout.....Burnet will come in fightin' for their lives....they ain't skeered of LV.....
....ain't you got any buffalo paintin' to do out yonder in Giddings?........speakin' of....I could sure use a hand on my picket fence garden....I hate paintin' those things!.....should I use a sprayer and be wasteful....or just go with the roller in hand?.......I suck at both......f

Iffin I had time, and you had beer, I would probably love to come give you a painting lesson. After seeing some of your work, I agree you suck at both.

Cam
11-01-2016, 03:27 PM
f

Iffin I had time, and you had beer, I would probably love to come give you a painting lesson. After seeing some of your work, I agree you suck at both.

.....:spitlol:.....well, I ain't got much in the fridge right now....but I can offer you a Shiner, Dos XX, Tecate, Sol, Bud Light, and Save The World...that last one from a brewery in Marble Falls.......sorry, plum out of Falstaff!.....drank the last one after 40 years of sittin' on the shelf!......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrScZdC1yn0

....those two guys in the ol' commercial eventually married.......each other!.....:eek::inlove:....

stardog
11-01-2016, 08:25 PM
[QUOTE=cookiemonster] ---A Reliable Source !

Wording in the district minutes:

----- 3 way tie: Stay with the points system. After the tie is broken by points the next seed will be determined by head to head. [QUOTE]

District has 17 pts. as MAX.

Liberty Hill beat Burnet 44 - 23 --- LH +17 pts
Bt beat G 38 - 35 -- Bt +3 pts

IF: Burnet loses and Gatesville beats Liberty Hill : 3-way tie (all with 2-3 record)
Gatesville has to beat LH by 17 to get 3rd place (T), then for 4th place (F) between LH & Bt is head to head - LH gets 4th (F)

IF: Bt loses and G beats LH by less than 17 pts : 3 - way tie (all with 2 -3 record)
LH is 3rd place (T), then for 4th place (F) between Bt & G is head to head - Bt is the 4th place (F)

loyalfan
11-02-2016, 11:33 PM
The rule in itself is so poorly worded that it came down to an AD vote. Unfortunately, for the Hornets, the only other team that interpreted the rule that would say Gatesville only had to win by 4 was La Vega. The other 4 voted in favor of Gatesville needing to win by 17. It's a shame that someone's season from this district has to end this Friday night. The top 4 in the district would have no problem being either the #1 or #2 seed in pretty much any other district in the state.

loyalfan
11-02-2016, 11:50 PM
I do find the rule a little bit dumb though. If you are truly comparing all 3 teams and LH ends up +17, say Gatesville ends up +5 and Burnet +3, it wouldn't make much sense to send the team with the lowest point differential. I guess it all just depends on what lens you're looking through.

stardog
11-03-2016, 01:01 AM

.....Wording in the district minutes:
........... 3 way tie:
........... Stay with the points system. After the tie is broken by points, the next seed will be determined by head to head.

........... When I first read this I thought - what the heck do this mean ???

........... I guess this is what it means :

........... So: Max pts are set at 17 - LH beat Bt by 21, and Bt beat G by 3
........... Points: LH at 17, Bt at 3, G at 0

..... If Burnet (2-2) loses to La Vega and Gatesville (1-3) beats Liberty Hill (2-3) makes a 3 way tie (2-3 records) for Burnet, Liberty Hill, and Gatesville.
..... First is who gets 3rd seed ? If Gatesville doesn't win by 17 - Liberty Hill is 3rd seed.
..... This breaks the tie for 3rd.
..... With that seed filled next who is 4th seed - which is now between Burnet and Gatesville which becomes head to head between these two. Burnet beat Gatesville by 3.

..... If Gatesville beats LH by 17, that's a tie on points, so head to head gives Gatesville 3rd seed.
..... That breaks the 3-way tie, now two teams tied for 4th seed - head to head LH beat Burnet so LH 4th seed.

..... Sum it up: 3-way tie for 3rd - once that is decided by point system, becomes 2-way tie for 4th decided by head to head.

..... To simplify all this:
.... 1-- Bt beats LV, LH beats G, CS beats Lp ---- leaves LV at 4-1, CS 4-1, LH 3-2, Bt 3-2 --- LV the W, head to head over CS the R, LH the T, head to head over BT - the F
.... 2-- Bt beats LV, G beats LH, CS beats Lp ---- leaves LV at 4-1, CS 4-1, Bt 3-2,G 2-3, LH 2-3 --- LV the W - head to head over CS the R, - Bt the T, G the F - head to head over LH
.... 3-- Bt beats LV, LH beats G, Lp beats CS ---- leaves LV at 4-1, CS 3-2, LH 3-2, Bt 3-2, LV the W, CS the R - beat both LH and Bt, LH the T - head to head F

.... More than likely LV over Bt, LH over G, and CS over Lp ------- LV the W, CS the R, LH the T, and Bt the F

..... Have I figured it out or is this more confusing !!!

LHAG
11-03-2016, 08:34 PM

.....Wording in the district minutes:
........... 3 way tie:
........... Stay with the points system. After the tie is broken by points, the next seed will be determined by head to head.

........... When I first read this I thought - what the heck do this mean ???

........... I guess this is what it means :

........... So: Max pts are set at 17 - LH beat Bt by 21, and Bt beat G by 3
........... Points: LH at 17, Bt at 3, G at 0

..... If Burnet (2-2) loses to La Vega and Gatesville (1-3) beats Liberty Hill (2-3) makes a 3 way tie (2-3 records) for Burnet, Liberty Hill, and Gatesville.
..... First is who gets 3rd seed ? If Gatesville doesn't win by 17 - Liberty Hill is 3rd seed.
..... This breaks the tie for 3rd.
..... With that seed filled next who is 4th seed - which is now between Burnet and Gatesville which becomes head to head between these two. Burnet beat Gatesville by 3.

..... If Gatesville beats LH by 17, that's a tie on points, so head to head gives Gatesville 3rd seed.
..... That breaks the 3-way tie, now two teams tied for 4th seed - head to head LH beat Burnet so LH 4th seed.

..... Sum it up: 3-way tie for 3rd - once that is decided by point system, becomes 2-way tie for 4th decided by head to head.

..... To simplify all this:
.... 1-- Bt beats LV, LH beats G, CS beats Lp ---- leaves LV at 4-1, CS 4-1, LH 3-2, Bt 3-2 --- LV the W, head to head over CS the R, LH the T, head to head over BT - the F
.... 2-- Bt beats LV, G beats LH, CS beats Lp ---- leaves LV at 4-1, CS 4-1, Bt 3-2,G 2-3, LH 2-3 --- LV the W - head to head over CS the R, - Bt the T, G the F - head to head over LH
.... 3-- Bt beats LV, LH beats G, Lp beats CS ---- leaves LV at 4-1, CS 3-2, LH 3-2, Bt 3-2, LV the W, CS the R - beat both LH and Bt, LH the T - head to head F

.... More than likely LV over Bt, LH over G, and CS over Lp ------- LV the W, CS the R, LH the T, and Bt the F

..... Have I figured it out or is this more confusing !!!

Damn! My head hurts trying to figure out all these machinations. It will all be sorted out on the field tomorrow night.