PDA

View Full Version : "Best" Play-In Games of the Week

PurplePop
10-25-2016, 06:42 PM
In a salute to the UIL's desire to be playoff inclusive, I'd like to shine the spotlight on the annual 4A-DII District 14 play-in game for the fourth and final playoff spot between the Poteet Aggies and the Carrizo Springs Wildcats. In 2015, Poteet (coming into the game 3-6; 0-3) squeaked into the playoffs over Carrizo Springs (1-8; 0-3) by a score of 38-28. In 2014, Carrizo Springs (1-8; 0-3) blasted the Aggies (0-9; 0-3) by a score of 23-0 both earning a playoff spot and doubling their victory total all in one night. Any other "great" play-in games out there this weekend?

jason
10-25-2016, 08:08 PM
Well, they're both in already....
But loser of Stephenville vs Snyder gets (most likely) Argyle in the first round...so an important one to win....

stardog
10-25-2016, 09:11 PM
How about district 4A I -1, they all get in - Borger gets in at 4th wit h 0-3 district record. Should have put Andrews with this district - let district 2 be a 4 team - all get in playoffs, first round their out and the rest can carry on !!!

lostaussie
10-26-2016, 09:08 AM
Gilmer @ Atlanta. If Atlanta loses they are all but done. Probably going to end up 3 way tie for 3rd with Pleasant Grove and Pittsburg in and Atlanta at the house.

d0tc0m
10-26-2016, 10:16 AM
Gilmer @ Atlanta. If Atlanta loses they are all but done. Probably going to end up 3 way tie for 3rd with Pleasant Grove and Pittsburg in and Atlanta at the house.

Unless PG somehow messes around and gets beat by Spring Hill, right?

waterboy
10-26-2016, 10:37 AM
Unless PG somehow messes around and gets beat by Spring Hill, right?

It's tricky, but PG should beat SH handily. They do still have Gladewater on their schedule, and I think they lose that one. Pittsburg still has Gladewater and Gilmer, which they are likely to lose both. Atlanta has Gilmer and SH. Atlanta basically has to win out because the most likely scenario is that PG goes 1-1, Pitt goes 0-2, and Atlanta goes 1-1. If the most likely scenario happens, all three teams will have a 2-3 district record, and the point system would leave Atlanta out of the playoffs.