PDA

View Full Version : China Spring (7-1, 2-1) vs Liberty Hill (5-2, 2-1)

Rabid Cougar
10-24-2016, 11:07 AM
Should be interesting.

coach
10-24-2016, 11:13 AM
China by 14

lhhsfan
10-24-2016, 12:55 PM
Have only been able to watch the Burnet China game on Hudl....looks like the 2 teams have not released more film yet. I do believe that the 2 teams are more closely matched then many think. If LH keeps it close in first half 21/24 Liberty Hill.....great game either way and a good possibility they will meet again in playoffs based on current schedules and projections.

Yoe_09
10-24-2016, 12:58 PM
I don't believe CS will start slow again this week. Give me China Spring by 14.

Bosqueville
10-24-2016, 06:52 PM
Close at half but China Spring pulls away by 21.

solocam
10-24-2016, 08:34 PM
Panthers by 3

LHAG
10-25-2016, 07:06 PM
Panthers by 9.

hollywood
10-25-2016, 09:18 PM
Is this game in LH? If so, LH by 6. If in CS, then CS by 6.

Bosqueville
10-25-2016, 10:45 PM
Is this game in LH? If so, LH by 6. If in CS, then CS by 6.

It's in China Spring so yes CS wins.

canno
10-26-2016, 07:34 AM
Cs by9

AP2364
10-26-2016, 04:23 PM
If the play calling is diversified like it was last week I'll give it to LH 28-21. If they don't I'll say CS 28-14. Success on one side of the ball feeds success on the other. There are a couple of key injuries on LH that I believe will hurt them significantly. Taking those into account and predicting how it will affect the play calling, I'll give the nod to CS.

Yoe_09
10-26-2016, 04:51 PM
Just out of curiosity, how many passing yards did LH have during the 2006/2007 seasons?

Rabid Cougar
10-26-2016, 06:22 PM
Just out of curiosity, how many passing yards did LH have during the 2006/2007 seasons?

Quite a few against CS in the first round playoff win. It was load the box with 11 and all of a sudden they would pop up and throw a pass to a single receiver about 15 yards behind the Safety. Same tactic Toby York used in '81. Fully 50% of our TD's were via the pass even though we ran the Wing T which is virtually identical to LH's offense.

hollywood
10-26-2016, 07:38 PM
The slot-t (modified wing-t) is as effect as the spread if executed.

Rabid Cougar
10-27-2016, 08:56 AM
The slot-t (modified wing-t) is as effect as the spread if executed.

Many have tried. Many have failed.

toddg
10-27-2016, 11:37 AM
The slot-t (modified wing-t) is as effect as the spread if executed.execution is the key to any offense, the wish bone and flex bone were highly effective as well, when executed correctly and with the right dealer..but, ill take the versitility of a well executed "I" over all those!!
its amazing how much these hs defenses, so accustomed to facing spread offenses, forget about the TE! ..always wide open!

hollywood
10-27-2016, 12:35 PM
Many have tried. Many have failed.

True statement. And one could argue the same with any offensive scheme. The absolute key to any team is coaching talent with personnel talent and execution.

hollywood
10-27-2016, 12:38 PM
execution is the key to any offense, the wish bone and flex bone were highly effective as well, when executed correctly and with the right dealer..but, ill take the versitility of a well executed "I" over all those!!
its amazing how much these hs defenses, so accustomed to facing spread offenses, forget about the TE! ..always wide open!

Of course you would toddg.. I believe the spread is one the most effective offense scheme for any level or talent pool IF the QB is capable. You can teach kids to catch. Size is not a must in a spread.. but if there is size and athleticism.. oh my, look out! A solid defense is a must as well.

toddg
10-27-2016, 01:03 PM
Of course you would toddg.. I believe the spread is one the most effective offense scheme for any level or talent pool IF the QB is capable. You can teach kids to catch. Size is not a must in a spread.. but if there is size and athleticism.. oh my, look out! A solid defense is a must as well.kennedale mixes elements of the veer and midline with their wing-t attack

panfan
10-28-2016, 12:30 PM
Baby blue putty tats have no idea what's coming!!!! LH by a TD

Bosqueville
10-28-2016, 12:45 PM
The Columbia blue are not afraid of the putrid purple nor your 25 fans you'll bring!

panfan
10-28-2016, 02:03 PM
The Columbia blue are not afraid of the putrid purple nor your 25 fans you'll bring!

LH travels purty good, you may be surprised at how many will show up. If we take care of the ball, we'll move it, slowly, but that what we do. CS no doubt has a stout defense, but we have played plenty of those. We put up 20 against LV and damn near the same amount of points as CS against Burnet. Those thinking this game goes CS way by 2 TDs or more got another thing coming. We made some ball handling errors against LV, otherwise that game is a 7 point differential, and 2nd teamers were in when Burnet got their last TD. CS vs LH in 2016 will be a tight game, two teams with different styles, but similar tenacity.

panfan
10-28-2016, 02:07 PM

Enough to win back to back SCs!!!!

Rabid Cougar
10-28-2016, 02:41 PM
Baby blue putty tats have no idea what's coming!!!! LH by a TD

"That's mighty big talk for a one eyed fat man."

stardog
10-28-2016, 02:53 PM
LH travels purty good, you may be surprised at how many will show up. If we take care of the ball, we'll move it, slowly, but that what we do. CS no doubt has a stout defense, but we have played plenty of those. We put up 20 against LV and damn near the same amount of points as CS against Burnet. Those thinking this game goes CS way by 2 TDs or more got another thing coming. We made some ball handling errors against LV, otherwise that game is a 7 point differential, and 2nd teamers were in when Burnet got their last TD. CS vs LH in 2016 will be a tight game, two teams with different styles, but similar tenacity.

Pan - don't go into detail about the LH / Bt game. ON the LH stats La Vernia had ONLY 59 TOTAL yards for the game. Wasn't the score 30 -0 at half which was the final. I think LH went home at half and LV finished the game and still didn't score. Who ever bought them spray cans for CS got some mislabeled ones - got BABY blue not Columbia blue.

Cam
10-28-2016, 03:07 PM

....finally....some banter between panny and bosque!......and a little RC to boot!.....carry on men of men!.......:1popcorn:

panfan
10-28-2016, 03:28 PM
"That's mighty big talk for a one eyed fat man."

Thick, OK, not fat per se, but you are crossing the line their RC calling me one-eyed. AND - we all know how that scene played out for the 4 vs 1 scenario - Just saying......:eek::eek:

panfan
10-28-2016, 03:29 PM
Pan - don't go into detail about the LH / Bt game. ON the LH stats La Vernia had ONLY 59 TOTAL yards for the game. Wasn't the score 30 -0 at half which was the final. I think LH went home at half and LV finished the game and still didn't score. Who ever bought them spray cans for CS got some mislabeled ones - got BABY blue not Columbia blue.

How did La Vernia get in this discussion???

Cam
10-28-2016, 03:37 PM
dang.....suddenly got the urge for a limerick......

Columbia blue and Barney purple just don't mix,
Da Hill can pound but the Spring got more quicks,
Cougars and panthers cat scratch fever,
As sure as Ward was hard on the beaver,
Da Hill seventeen China Spring twenty six...........:wave::crazy1::D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7AQkui_fcA

panfan
10-28-2016, 03:37 PM
Cam got the Baby Blue Ford running - said I could borrow it to drive up to the game tonight so I could do donuts in the Home side parking lot and scare all the little old ladies.

panfan
10-28-2016, 03:39 PM

Da Hillary can pound but the Spring got more quicks,

more like a heimlich - to help those cougs cough up the fur balls.

Cam
10-28-2016, 03:41 PM

.....I don't know that Stardog baffles the hell outta me sometimes.......but speakin' of La Vernia, Burnet just got a move in from there......plays the baseball......

Cam
10-28-2016, 03:46 PM
Cam got the Baby Blue Ford running - said I could borrow it to drive up to the game tonight so I could do donuts in the Home side parking lot and scare all the little old ladies.

....as long as you bring it back with a full tank.....and absolutely no post game celebratory hanky panky or eatin' frito pies in it.........and don't go wreckin' it.....

Rocket Man
10-28-2016, 04:39 PM
.....I don't know that Stardog baffles the hell outta me sometimes.......but speakin' of La Vernia, Burnet just got a move in from there......plays the baseball......

Well, he should've moved to Rocket Land if he wants to play real baseball. :1popcorn:

Bosqueville
10-28-2016, 05:16 PM

Da Hill can pound but the Spring got more quicks,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7AQkui_fcA

Wow.. that was brutal in its honesty.

stardog
10-28-2016, 05:27 PM
LH played LV and LH had them backing up all night therefore CS take note !!!

stardog
10-28-2016, 05:37 PM
Well, he should've moved to Rocket Land if he wants to play real baseball. :1popcorn:

Recruit your own. We're stocking up on pitchers with that new pitch limit rule !!!

Bosqueville
10-28-2016, 07:08 PM
Ok... 60 fans..

Bosqueville
10-28-2016, 10:22 PM
Alright Panfan give us your thoughts.

panfan
10-28-2016, 10:37 PM
Alright Panfan give us your thoughts.
I'll take my crow thoroughly roasted on both sides please as that is what CS did to LH tonight, based on what I heard from the broadcast. Solid execution from CS, ho hum play calling from LH. Hats off to the Cougars, and their baby blue unis!

Bosqueville
10-28-2016, 11:10 PM
I'll take my crow thoroughly roasted on both sides please as that is what CS did to LH tonight, based on what I heard from the broadcast. Solid execution from CS, ho hum play calling from LH. Hats off to the Cougars, and their baby blue unis!

I was at a loss at some of their play calling. Kicking field goals? Especially down by 3 touchdowns? Then before half they just let the clock run down? Seemed very strange. I was frustrated for them.

Cam
10-28-2016, 11:14 PM
I was at a loss at some of their play calling. Kicking field goals? Especially down by 3 touchdowns? Then before half they just let the clock run down? Seemed very strange. I was frustrated for them.

.....Greendawg's fault!......

Bosqueville
10-28-2016, 11:22 PM
You may be right. Seemed like a conspiracy thing.

Rabid Cougar
10-29-2016, 09:20 AM
For those that missed it:
China Spring stuffs run-oriented Liberty Hill, 42-10

By JOHN WERNER

Liberty Hill didn’t go back to the future to find its 1980s offense. It went back to the past.
With their run oriented Slot-T offense, the Panthers did everything they could to slow down the game and keep No. 6 China Spring’s quick tempo attack off the field.
But the Panthers had no answer for China Spring quarterback Cutter Haigood as he rushed for three touchdowns and passed for two more scores en route to a 42-10 win Friday night.
Haigood rushed for 159 yards on 12 carries and was remarkably efficient passing the ball as he hit 10 of 11 for 155 yards. The Cougars improved to 8-1 overall and 3-1 in District 13-4A Division I play.
“Cutter had a really nice night and made his plays count,” said China Spring coach Mark Bell. “But we had all kinds of guys contribute. I think we played our most complete game of the season against a really good football team.”
Liberty Hill (4-4, 2-2) stuck mostly to the ground as Freddie White rushed for 103 yards and Hunter Oncken rushed for 88 yards. Garrett Wright hit just two of four passes for 36 yards, including a 17-yard touchdown pass to Carson Landry in the first half.
“Our defense did a great job,” Bell said. “They got after it and played aggressive football.”
With Haigood running for a pair of touchdowns, the Cougars opened up a 22-10 halftime lead.
Haigood scored his first touchdown on the third play of the game when he rolled around the left side and exploded down the sideline for 63 yards.
With kicker Griffin Kenneaster out with an injury, the Cougars failed on the two-point conversion when Liberty Hill stopped Cayden Johnson’s run.
But the Cougars were back in business on their next possession as they drove 68 yards for their second touchdown.
Keaton Dudik got things started by breaking several tackles for a 20-yard gain before popping off 15 more on his next carry.
The biggest play of the drive was Haigood’s 22-yard pass to Will Andrie along the left sideline to the 3. On fourth-and-goal, Haigood ran around the right side for a 1-yard touchdown.
Johnson then hit Tyrick James for a two-point conversion pass to open up a 14-0 lead with 5:24 left in the first quarter.
The Panthers got a break when Brett Cain fumbled a punt at China Spring’s 24. Liberty Hill moved to the 3 for a fourth-and-one. Michael Shipley stepped in to kick a 20-yard field goal to cut China Spring’s lead to 14-3 with 11:50 left in the second quarter.
On their next possession, the Panthers drove 89 yards for a touchdown. White got most of it on one play when he broke into the secondary for a 50-yard run before China Spring’s Hobbs Price caught him at the 14.
Facing third-and-13, Wright lobbed a 17-yard touchdown pass to a wide open Landry to slice China Spring’s lead to 14-10 with 4:15 left in the second quarter.
There was plenty of time for the Cougars to score as they drove 57 yards for their next touchdown. Haigood finished off the drive with an 8-yard touchdown pass to James and then hit Cain for the two-point conversion to push China Spring’s lead to 22-10 with 1:14 left in the first half.
Haigood picked up where he left off in the third quarter when he blew up the middle for a 69-yard touchdown. His two-point conversion pass to Kody Fulp gave the Cougars a 30-10 lead.
The Panthers tried to convert fourth-and-one at their own 37 but the Cougars stopped Wright for no gain.
Three plays later, Haigood hit Dudik for a 25-yard touchdown along the left sideline to give the Cougars a 36-10 lead on the first play of the fourth quarter.
Cain made a leaping 33-yard touchdown catch from Haigood for the final touchdown with 2:53 left in the game.

http://www.wacotrib.com/sports/high_schools/central_texas_football/china-spring-stuffs-run-oriented-liberty-hill/article_ca23a7d0-45bf-524d-a3af-098865387c4f.html

Rabid Cougar
10-29-2016, 09:23 AM
2 of 4 for 37 yards. Making some progress.

greendawg84
10-31-2016, 08:22 AM
You may be right. Seemed like a conspiracy thing.

One can never tell .......

panfan
10-31-2016, 08:27 AM
2 of 4 for 37 yards. Making some progress.
RC - what the sam hill does this mean?

Rabid Cougar
10-31-2016, 08:31 AM
RC - what the sam hill does this mean?

That is LH's passing stats. They at least attempted 4 passes.

panfan
10-31-2016, 11:08 AM
That is LH's passing stats. They at least attempted 4 passes.

:doh::doh::doh::doh: We shall meet again RC......

Rabid Cougar
10-31-2016, 12:02 PM
:doh::doh::doh::doh: We shall meet again RC......

I was just adding to the conversation about LH play calling. and by the way, I forgot about this last week....... GO MEAN GREEN!

panfan
10-31-2016, 01:05 PM
I was just adding to the conversation about LH play calling. and by the way, I forgot about this last week....... GO MEAN GREEN!

Yep - Army played a sloppy game against North Texas, Kuddos to the Mean Green, but Army rebounded this week and beat Wake Forest. Good Luck TO CS through the playoffs, and hopefully, we pull it together enough to see ya'll again in the playoffs. Gatesville has proven to be no slouch, so we will have a tough one on our hands this week.

AP2364
11-01-2016, 12:26 PM
If the play calling is diversified like it was last week I'll give it to LH 28-21. If they don't I'll say CS 28-14. Success on one side of the ball feeds success on the other. There are a couple of key injuries on LH that I believe will hurt them significantly. Taking those into account and predicting how it will affect the play calling, I'll give the nod to CS.

4 major injuries from the Burnet game affected this game. 3 more starters were out: tailback, strong safety, and free safety. The QB hurt his shoulder and did not throw until late in the week. With that being said I was still way beyond being frustrated with the coaches and play calling. They are getting kids hurt by being so predictable.

I also think CS is the better team over LV and wonder how they managed to lose that game.