PDA

View Full Version : Week 10 - Giddings (6-2, 3-0) at La Grange (3-4, 2-1) -Thursday

Scoop27
10-22-2016, 04:35 PM
Big rivarly game which could go down to the wire

buff4ever
10-22-2016, 07:15 PM
Big rivarly game which could go down to the wire

Down to what wire.

It is usually a good game. Giddings wins this one by comfortable margin in end.

Pudlugger
10-22-2016, 08:52 PM
With all the injuries and the fall off in the intensity of the Lep play this Friday it is hard to not predict a Giddings win. Hopefully our Qb Siptak will be back along with Moore our rb and OLB. This game is one of the state's biggest and oldest rivalries and being so makes it somewhat of a wildcard. My heart says LG wins in a close game but my more objective vote says Giddings this year. :(

Blue42
10-23-2016, 05:35 PM
I'll be at this game on Thursday looking forward to watching both teams play my goddaughter is One of the drum majors for La Grange.

buff4ever
10-24-2016, 05:17 PM
I'll be at this game on Thursday looking forward to watching both teams play my goddaughter is One of the drum majors for La Grange.

Look out for that wire they speak of

zebrablue2
10-24-2016, 06:00 PM
Buffs by 2 tds plus!!!

Blue42
10-24-2016, 07:49 PM
Look out for that wire they speak of

Yep wouldn't want to trip on that thing.

buff4ever
10-25-2016, 08:09 AM
Pud, your pic makes it harder to pick on you, but I will still ask. What happened to your pudlike attitude?

You seem to be trying more of the reverse psychology approach.

duckhunter
10-25-2016, 08:25 AM
I thought Smithville was LG's big rivalry???

hookandladder
10-25-2016, 11:52 AM
Looks like this will be my first game to watch the Leps in over two years, Leps got their hands full with all their injuries. Still you never know in this rivalry, Dobbins makes a surprise come back for this one. Leps by 1.

1st and goal
10-25-2016, 02:18 PM
Maybe, but I want to say I saw something on Austin news about Ohio State coach coming to check on him and they want him well for early entry. To me it sounded like he was giving up on high school football for healing for the future.

1st and goal
10-25-2016, 02:24 PM
http://kxan.com/2016/06/16/kbvo-announces-2016-big-game-of-the-week-schedule/

Link to KBVO tv broadcast
Supposedly to be able to live stream it.
http://kbvotv.com/

buff4ever
10-25-2016, 03:11 PM
Dobbins definitely would make this a more talked about match up.

Buffs win. Pud isn't pudlike anymore. Texas falls aren't cold anymore. Beer is still good, and people are still crazy.

Pudlugger
10-25-2016, 06:10 PM
Pud, your pic makes it harder to pick on you, but I will still ask. What happened to your pudlike attitude?

You seem to be trying more of the reverse psychology approach.

Well this year has been a nightmare for LG fans, coaches and players. We lost the top recruited running back in the nation of the very first play of the season, then go on to lose our starting qb, starting DE and wildcat Qb, a starting CB and a reserve OL in the following weeks. Plus our defense has been so inconsistent from one week to the next holding Argyle to 14 and giving up 39 to Taylor and 31 to Columbus, not to mention the Navarro blow out. Just when our offense starts to adjust to no Dobbins we lose Qb Siptak to a knee injury against Smithville. So I guess it has finally gotten a little too real for Pud. :(

On a positive note I have spoken with one of the leaders on this team and he was very positive and seems confident that the Leps will come to play this Thursday night. Giddings always is big for both teams and an upset would go a long way in salvaging the season from the utter disappointment thus far. Go Leps!

buff4ever
10-26-2016, 08:44 AM
Lady buffs beat the leps last night to share the district championship with them. Congrats to both. That is the first district championship for the lady buffs in a long time.

A win for the buffs tomorrow night locks at least a share of the district championship for them as well.

buff4ever
10-27-2016, 01:59 PM
Odd to say being a Thursday, but it is game day. I am ready to head over to La Grange for some HWY 77 Football.

Pud has chosen to take the quiet route, in hopes that a miracle will happen tonight.

hookandladder
10-27-2016, 04:04 PM
Odd to say being a Thursday, but it is game day. I am ready to head over to La Grange for some HWY 77 Football.

Pud has chosen to take the quiet route, in hopes that a miracle will happen tonight.

Come early and check out all our State Championship trophies, LOL.

Scoop27
10-27-2016, 04:06 PM
Going with Giddings in a close one because of the rivalry aspect

Blue42
10-27-2016, 05:57 PM
Coming in to La Grange noticed the Gorilla had his Donald Trump outfit on he looked very presidential.

hookandladder
10-27-2016, 06:16 PM
Coming in to La Grange noticed the Gorilla had his Donald Trump outfit on he looked very presidential.

Hell yes, he does a great job of decorating that guy. Big Lep supporter also, Make America Great Again.

Blue42
10-27-2016, 06:33 PM
A banana on every table. Make America Ape again. No more monkeying around at the White House

Gontex
10-27-2016, 07:20 PM
Anyone getting the live stream?

1st and goal
10-27-2016, 07:23 PM
Anyone getting the live stream?

No, it ain't on for some reason....:(

1st and goal
10-27-2016, 07:26 PM
They have not kicked off yet, maybe that is why...
Here is the radio broadcast.

http://www.kvlgkbuk.com/

zebrablue2
10-27-2016, 09:39 PM
Dobbins next game will be in a Buckeye uniform, so sad, he would have broke all kind of records...

buff4ever
10-27-2016, 10:19 PM
45 to 13. No wire. That was hard to watch, injuries are killing the leps.

Pudlugger
10-27-2016, 10:58 PM
45 to 13. No wire. That was hard to watch, injuries are killing the leps.

Great game Buffs. Very impressive size and speed and a pretty accurate qb too. Leps are just a hollowed out team with 7 players out with injuries to 3 starters on offense( including three of our key players Rb JK Dobbins, starting Qb Siptak and WR/DE Julio Ramirez) and two on defense. They played with plenty of heart but Giddings is too good this year. At Qb we had our 2nd, 3rd and 4th string Qbs in most of the 2nd half and the jv kid that came up for this game looked pretty good completing a nice 30 yard pass for a td late in the game. We go to Caldwell next Friday to fight for 3rd or 4th place. Might not make it to the playoffs if we lose with a three way tie. Too much math to figure now so I'll just wait to see how the district plays out tomorrow night. Good luck to Giddings the rest of the way. They should make it to the fourth round to get a shot at WOS if they continue on this dominating trajectory.

hookandladder
10-28-2016, 04:15 PM
Giddings talent wise head and shoulders about LG but nothing new, LG talent wise are normally the underdog against top teams, we win on heart and desire. Giddings skilled players seem really young, if they had a really solid QB they could really make some noise in the players however do not see them matching up well against WOS type of teams. LG looked pretty normal without their top players on the field, not saying that would have really mattered however JK definitely would have made a difference this year. With taking 4 teams how would LG not make the playoffs, they already beat Gonzales and Smithville and I doubt Smithville wins a game.

WOS87
10-28-2016, 04:51 PM
Beat Caldwell and you're in. Unfortunately looks like you lose the 3-way tiebreak with Columbus and Gonzales if it comes down to that.

Pudlugger
10-28-2016, 11:00 PM
Beat Caldwell and you're in. Unfortunately looks like you lose the 3-way tiebreak with Columbus and Gonzales if it comes down to that.

Yep that's how I see it too. Beat Caldwell end up 2nd in district but lose to Caldwell end up 5th. The math really working against the Leps this year. Hope our Qb is back for this game.

1st and goal
10-29-2016, 09:24 AM
Just a tough year all around for LG. They'll be back.

I would like to say how much improvement I've witnessed for Gidding's players. They made a lot of mistakes against Brownwood that cost them the chance at winning. But the linemen have stepped up and gotten better on both sides of the ball. The D is playing more cohesively as a unit. I was glad to see the backups come in and give it their all Thursday night.

Blue42
10-29-2016, 07:49 PM
Enjoyed the game and liked the new stands at LG. All the people were very nice and good fair game played with 2 teams with great history. Best of luck to both teams. Classy teams!