PDA

View Full Version : Week 10 D15 D2 Sinton (6-2, 1-2) at Sweeny (5-3, 2-1)

SintonFan_inAustin
10-22-2016, 12:25 PM
Last game
Sweeny 28 Wharton 21
Cuero 41 Sinton 14

Offensive stats per game from maxprep
Rushing
Sinton 138 yards per game
Sweeny 251 yards per game

Passing
Sinton 302.6 yards per game
Sweeny 93.4 yards per game

Total
Sinton 441 yards per game
Sweeny 344 yards per game

Sinton run defense gave up the most running yards against Cuero 167 yards last game.

Sweeny run attack vs Sinton run defense

Sweeny only giving up 17.6 points per game.

WOS87
10-22-2016, 12:27 PM
Sweeny and Sinton have only played each other twice ever and the series is tied 1-1 I believe. Both games were playoff games.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-22-2016, 12:30 PM
Sweeny and Sinton have only played each other twice ever and the series is tied 1-1 I believe. Both games were playoff games.Both were playoff games. Upset them the first time then they upset us last time as far as favorite going in to those games.

SHSBulldog00
10-22-2016, 02:36 PM
Great info guys.

Scoop27
10-22-2016, 05:58 PM
How does Sweeny manage back to back home district games?

speedbump
10-22-2016, 07:48 PM
How does Sweeny manage back to back home district games?

The same way Wharton did it.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
10-22-2016, 08:12 PM
So what are the playoff ramifications if Sinton wins? If Sweeny wins?

speedbump
10-22-2016, 08:25 PM

Anyone who tries to figure that out at this point will go :crazy1::ack!::ack!::vrycnfsd:

44INAROW
10-22-2016, 08:50 PM
oops

44INAROW
10-22-2016, 08:52 PM
Anyone who tries to figure that out at this point will go :crazy1::ack!::ack!::vrycnfsd:

What he said :)

TarponFanInNorthTexas
10-22-2016, 10:11 PM

Well if Orange Grove beats Rio Hondo in Week 10, then the same thing is going to happen in D16. This..... :crazy1: :ack!: :ack!: :vrycnfsd:

SHSBulldog00
10-23-2016, 09:16 PM
We can do a M&G before the game OUTSIDE of the gate. Since it didn't work against Cuero we can meet down from the ticket booth.

SHSBulldog00
10-23-2016, 09:18 PM
I believe the district will end like the following

1. Cuero
2. Sweeny
3. Wharton
4. Sinton
5. Aransas Pass
6. Ingleside

sourhern
10-23-2016, 10:43 PM
That was my prediction after we played Sweeny

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TarponFanInNorthTexas
10-23-2016, 11:27 PM
I believe the district will end like the following

1. Cuero
2. Sweeny
3. Wharton
4. Sinton
5. Aransas Pass
6. Ingleside

If it ends up like this, and the "most likely scenario" in District 16 plays out, the playoff matchups would be....

Cuero vs. Raymondville
Sweeny vs. Orange Grove
Wharton vs. Port Isabel
Sinton vs. Rio Hondo

I'm not liking any of these matchups. Sinton has already beaten Rio Hondo earlier this season, Cuero will dominate, Sweeny will run all over Orange Grove, and I can't even begin to imagine the whoopin' Wharton could potentially put on Port Isabel, especially if Port Isabel shows it's tendency for mistakes.

sourhern
10-24-2016, 07:32 AM
What's wrong with district 15 surviving

PurplePop
10-24-2016, 08:06 AM

If Wharton beats Cuero, Sinton-Sweeny is for 3rd and 4th place.

If Cuero beats Wharton (and assuming D-15 uses point differential for tie-breaks in 3-way ties), my best guess is...

Sinton gets 4th unless they beat Sweeny by 24 or more. A 24-point Sinton win gets Sinton 3rd and Sweeny 4th. A 41-point Sinton win gets Sinton 2nd and Sweeny 4th.

PurplePop
10-24-2016, 09:04 AM
Ignore the idiot who posted just above me, he figured out it's way more complicated than that.

sourhern
10-24-2016, 10:01 AM
Huh? So I'm an idiot

pirate4state
10-24-2016, 11:27 AM
The last time we lost back-to-back-to-back district games was in Allen's first year (2007).

The few clips I've seen of Sweeny's RB tells me it could be another long night for us.

PurplePop
10-24-2016, 12:47 PM
Huh? So I'm an idiot

No. Sorry. That was confusing. I meant my post above my other one. I'm the idiot. I thought I had D-15 playoff scenario figured out but I didn't so ignore my attempt above.

44INAROW
10-24-2016, 01:20 PM
No. Sorry. That was confusing. I meant my post above my other one. I'm the idiot. I thought I had D-15 playoff scenario figured out but I didn't so ignore my attempt above.

I figured that's what you meant :) don't even try to figure it out, you'll drive yourself nuts... - we'll know about 10:15pm on Nov 4th :1popcorn:

SintonFan_inAustin
10-24-2016, 05:00 PM
I figured that's what you meant :) don't even try to figure it out, you'll drive yourself nuts... - we'll know about 10:15pm on Nov 4th :1popcorn:

Yea best to wait, Pirates will make it more confusing after their win on friday night. :)

SintonFan_inAustin
10-24-2016, 05:04 PM
We can do a M&G before the game OUTSIDE of the gate. Since it didn't work against Cuero we can meet down from the ticket booth.

K will try to be there early msg me in twitter when your there

SintonFan_inAustin
10-24-2016, 05:07 PM
If it ends up like this, and the "most likely scenario" in District 16 plays out, the playoff matchups would be....

Cuero vs. Raymondville
Sweeny vs. Orange Grove
Wharton vs. Port Isabel
Sinton vs. Rio Hondo

I'm not liking any of these matchups. Sinton has already beaten Rio Hondo earlier this season, Cuero will dominate, Sweeny will run all over Orange Grove, and I can't even begin to imagine the whoopin' Wharton could potentially put on Port Isabel, especially if Port Isabel shows it's tendency for mistakes.

Would like to see Sinton / PI can happen if Sinton and PI win Friday night.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-24-2016, 05:09 PM
The last time we lost back-to-back-to-back district games was in Allen's first year (2007).

The few clips I've seen of Sweeny's RB tells me it could be another long night for us.

Did you notice their linemen NFL size

SHSBulldog00
10-26-2016, 01:01 PM

We have 2 linemen out for the year. We are not as big as we could have been. We have to worry about the Pirate passing attack. I will message you when I get there.

pirate4state
10-26-2016, 02:11 PM

Yes

We have 2 linemen out for the year. We are not as big as we could have been. We have to worry about the Pirate passing attack. I will message you when I get there.

Well the clips I saw were from the Wharton game and even those guys were pretty big...

stardog
10-26-2016, 10:51 PM
Here are the 4 scenario's for the final record's and payoff positions .

Assuming the top 4 will all beat Aransas Pass and Ingleside over the next two weeks.

Ties will be broken by ( I assume)
..... 2 way tie..... determined by head to head (each team as beaten each other - A beats B, B beats C, and C beats A)
..... 3 way tie..... determined by point difference between those 3

For point differences:...................................... ..............................Total
.....Cuero has beaten Sweeny by +3, beaten Sinton by +27 =............+30
.....Wharton has lost to Sweeny by -7, beat Sinton by +40 =..............+33
.....Sweeny has beaten Wharton by +7 and lost to Cuero by -3 =.........+4
.....Sinton has lost to Cuero by -27, and lost to Wharton by -40...........-67

Scenario #1: ... Finish: Cuero beats Wharton, and Sweeny beats Sinton
.....Cuero ------5 - 0 .....gets the ..... W
.....Sweeny ----4 - 1 .....gets the ..... R
.....Wharton ---3 - 2 .....gets the ......T
.....Sinton -----2 - 3 .....gets the .......F

Scenario #2: ... Finish: Cuero beats Wharton, Sinton beats Sweeny:

.....Cuero ------5 - 0 .....gets the .....W
.....Wharton ---3 - 2 .....gets the......R* ..........Wharton beat both Sweeny and Sinton
.....Sinton ----- 3 - 2 .....gets the......T* ..........Sinton beat Sweeny
.....Sweeny --- 3 - 2 .....gets the......F
* - if head to head is not used when one team has beaten the other two then I guess will use the point difference. If this is the case then Wharton is at +33, Sweeny at +4 and Sinton at -67. Sweeny would have to beat Sinton by +30 pts to overtake Wharton for 2nd place, or Sinton would have to beat Sweeny by +101 pts for 2nd place.

Scenario #3 ... Wharton beats Cuero, Sweeny beats Sinton:

.....Wharton --- 4 - 1 .....gets the ..... W ........... Wharton beats Cuero ?, and lost to Sweeny by -7 --------pts at +33 -- would have the best pt difference
.....Cuero ------ 4 - 1 .....gets the ..... R ........... Cuero loses to Wharton by ? and beat Sweeny by +3 ----pts at +30 --- pt difference would be less
.....Sweeny ---- 4 - 1 .....gets the ..... T ........... Sweeny beat Wharton by +7, and lost to Cuero by -3 ----pts at +4 ---- +26 and +29 pt difference to make up to overtake Cuero for 2nd, and Wharton for 1st
.....Sinton ----- 2 - 3 ......gets the ..... F ........... can get the W or R under above scenario

Senario #4 ... Wharton beats Cuero, and Sinton beats Sweeny:

.....Wharton --- 4 - 1 ..... gets the ..... W ......... with head to head win over Cuero
.....Cuero ------ 4 - 1 ..... gets the ..... R .......... loss to Wharton
.....Sinton ----- 3 - 2 ..... gets the ...... T .......... with head to head win over Sweeny
.....Sweeny --- 3 - 2 ...... gets the ...... F .......... loss to Sinton

Does this make sense ?????
Will be a little clearer after this Friday night with game between Sweeny and Sinton.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
10-26-2016, 11:05 PM
Wow, what a mess! :eek: Let me see if I can use this format here to show the possible D16 scenarios. Right now it's pretty clear for the most part, but there's a couple games that if the team that's favored doesn't win, it can create a huge mess.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
10-26-2016, 11:41 PM
Here are the 4 scenario's for the final record's and payoff positions for District 16.

Assuming the top 4 will all beat Progreso and West Oso over the next two weeks.

..... 2 way tie..... determined by head to head (each team as beaten each other - A beats B, B beats C, and C beats A)

For point differences:...................................... ..............................Total
.....Rio Hondo has beaten Port Isabel by +14, beaten Raymondville by +22 =............+36
.....Port Isabel has lost to Rio Hondo by -14, beaten Orange Grove by +17 =..............+3
.....Orange Grove has lost to Port Isabel by -17, has yet to play Raymondville or Rio Hondo
.....Raymondville has lost to Rio Hondo by -22, has yet to play Port Isabel or Orange Grove

Scenario #1: ... Finish: Rio Hondo beats Orange Grove, Port Isabel beats Raymondville, Orange Grove beats Raymondville
.....Rio Hondo ------5 - 0 .....gets the ..... W
.....Port Isabel ----4 - 1 .....gets the ..... R
.....Orange Grove ---3 - 2 .....gets the ......T
.....Raymondville -----2 - 3 .....gets the .......F

Scenario #2: ... Finish: Rio Hondo beats Orange Grove, Port Isabel beats Raymondville, Raymondville beats Orange Grove

.....Rio Hondo ------5 - 0 .....gets the .....W
.....Port Isabel ---4 - 1 .....gets the......R
.....Raymondville ----- 3 - 2 .....gets the......T
.....Orange Grove --- 2 - 3 .....gets the......F

Scenario #3 ... Orange Grove beats Rio Hondo, Port Isabel beats Raymondville, Orange Grove beats Raymondville

.....Port Isabel --- 4 - 1 .....gets the ..... W ........... Port Isabel beat Orange Grove by +17, and lost to Rio Hondo by -14 --------pts at +3
.....Rio Hondo ------ 4 - 1 .....gets the ..... R ........... Rio Hondo beat Port Isabel by +14, but if RH loses to OG by 12 or more....pts at +2 But if RH loses by less than 12 points, RH gets W while PI would get R due to head-to-head win over OG
.....Orange Grove ---- 4 - 1 .....gets the ..... T ........... OG lost to PI by -17. For OG to reach W spot, it needs to beat RH by +22. Anything between 12 and 21 pts will get OG the R spot due to it's head to head win over RH who would then be T
.....Raymondville ----- 2 - 3 ......gets the ..... F

Senario #4 ... Orange Grove beats Rio Hondo, Raymondville beats Port Isabel, Orange Grove beats Raymondville

.....Orange Grove--- 4 - 1 ..... gets the ..... W ......... with head to head win over Rio Hondo
.....Rio Hondo ------ 4 - 1 ..... gets the ..... R .......... loss to Orange Grove
.....Raymondville ----- 3 - 2 ..... gets the ...... T .......... with head to head win over Port Isabel
.....Port Isabel --- 3 - 2 ...... gets the ...... F .......... loss to Raymondville

Senario #5 ... Orange Grove beats Rio Hondo, Raymondville beats Port Isabel, Raymondville beats Orange Grove

.....Rio Hondo--- 4 - 1 ..... gets the ..... W ......... with head to head win over Raymondville
.....Raymondville ------ 4 - 1 ..... gets the ..... R .......... loss to Rio Hondo
.....Port Isabel ----- 3 - 2 ..... gets the ...... T .......... with head to head win over Orange Grove
.....Orange Grove --- 3 - 2 ...... gets the ...... F .......... loss to Port Isabel

Senario #6 ... Rio Hondo beats Orange Grove, Raymondville beats Port Isabel, Raymondville beats Orange Grove

.....Rio Hondo ------ 5 - 0 ..... gets the ..... W
.....Raymondville ------ 4 - 1 ..... gets the ..... R
.....Port Isabel ----- 3 - 2 ..... gets the ...... T
.....Orange Grove --- 2 - 3 ...... gets the ...... F

So you see, District 16 can become even more convoluded <sp?> than District 15 if some upsets happen in the next couple of weeks. The picture will become a little more clear after this week as there are two big games this week with Rio Hondo and Orange Grove playing each other at the same time Raymondville plays at Port Isabel.

stardog
10-27-2016, 12:20 AM
Wow, what a mess! :eek: Let me see if I can use this format here to show the possible D16 scenarios. Right now it's pretty clear for the most part, but there's a couple games that if the team that's favored doesn't win, it can create a huge mess.

If the favorites win out will finish at:

.....Rio Hondo.......... 5 - 0 ..... gets the ..... W
.....Port Isabel......... 4 - 1 ..... gets the ..... R
.....Orange Grove .... 3 - 2 ..... gets the ..... T
.....Raymondville ..... 2 - 3 ..... gets the ..... F

Current standings are:
.....Rio Hondo .......... 3 - 0
.....Port Isabel ......... 2 - 1
.....Orange Grove .... 2 - 1
.....Raymondville ...... 2 - 1

..... CC West Oso and Progresso's chance of playoff is slime to none. Would have to win final two games and get help for PI, OG, or Ray to lose last two games.
Lots of scenario's with two games remaining and records so close. Best way is to WIN this week and then look at what needs to happen to get to playoffs or particular placing.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-27-2016, 01:34 AM

Assuming the top 4 will all beat Aransas Pass and Ingleside over the next two weeks.

.....Wharton ---3 - 2 .....gets the......R* ..........Wharton beat both Sweeny and Sinton
* - if head to head is not used when one team has beaten the other two then I guess will use the point difference. If this is the case then Wharton is at +33, Sweeny at +4 and Sinton at -67. Sweeny would have to beat Sinton by +30 pts to overtake Wharton for 2nd place, or Sinton would have to beat Sweeny by +101 pts for 2nd place.

.....Wharton --- 4 - 1 .....gets the ..... W ........... Wharton beats Cuero ?, and lost to Sweeny by -7 --------pts at +33 -- would have the best pt difference
.....Cuero ------ 4 - 1 .....gets the ..... R ........... Cuero loses to Wharton by ? and beat Sweeny by +3 ----pts at +30 --- pt difference would be less
.....Sweeny ---- 4 - 1 .....gets the ..... T ........... Sweeny beat Wharton by +7, and lost to Cuero by -3 ----pts at +4 ---- +26 and +29 pt difference to make up to overtake Cuero for 2nd, and Wharton for 1st
.....Sinton ----- 2 - 3 ......gets the ..... F ........... can get the W or R under above scenario

.....Wharton --- 4 - 1 ..... gets the ..... W ......... with head to head win over Cuero
.....Sinton ----- 3 - 2 ..... gets the ...... T .......... with head to head win over Sweeny

Will be a little clearer after this Friday night with game between Sweeny and Sinton.Last time for D15 there was a 3 way tie, point differential was used and it maxed out I think at 15 so any win or loss margin tops out at 15. So its +15 and -15. have to look back in the threads from 2014 to see the exact cutoff was. So if its 15 redo the scenarios :)

Sweeny beat Wharton last week in the scenario 2 so Wharton, Sweeny and Sinton finish in a tie and point differential will determine seeding. Sweeny win against Cuero and Wharton win against Cuero puts Sweeny, Cuero and Wharton tied for district title and point differential settles the seeding.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
10-27-2016, 01:37 AM
If the favorites win out will finish at:

.....Rio Hondo.......... 5 - 0 ..... gets the ..... W
.....Port Isabel......... 4 - 1 ..... gets the ..... R
.....Orange Grove .... 3 - 2 ..... gets the ..... T
.....Raymondville ..... 2 - 3 ..... gets the ..... F

Current standings are:
.....Rio Hondo .......... 3 - 0
.....Port Isabel ......... 2 - 1
.....Orange Grove .... 2 - 1
.....Raymondville ...... 2 - 1

..... CC West Oso and Progresso's chance of playoff is slime to none. Would have to win final two games and get help for PI, OG, or Ray to lose last two games.
Lots of scenario's with two games remaining and records so close. Best way is to WIN this week and then look at what needs to happen to get to playoffs or particular placing.

What you posted is the most likely scenario. It'll clear up greatly after this week's games.

pirate4state
10-27-2016, 08:52 AM
All I know is that if we beat Sweeny by more than 10 points we would end up the 3rd place team. I don't know if Wharton/Cuero factor in at all with our seeding *shrug*

pirate4state
10-27-2016, 08:53 AM
Last time for D15 there was a 3 way tie, point differential was used and it maxed out I think at 15 so any win or loss margin tops out at 15. So its +15 and -15. have to look back in the threads from 2014 to see the exact cutoff was. So if its 15 redo the scenarios :)

Sweeny beat Wharton last week in the scenario 2 so Wharton, Sweeny and Sinton finish in a tie and point differential will determine seeding. Sweeny win against Cuero and Wharton win against Cuero puts Sweeny, Cuero and Wharton tied for district title and point differential settles the seeding.

Except Sweeny didn't beat Cuero

SHSBulldog00
10-27-2016, 09:46 AM
I'll be at the field at 5:30

stardog
10-27-2016, 10:11 AM
I've heard of there being max point differences. I think each district decides what amount this would be (heard of different amounts). It seems to be a secret with some. Us fans would like to know so we can look at all the scenario's to know what can happen. I guess what's used is head to head, point diff. (what ever max is) ,coin flip (heads or tails or coin flip odd man in or out), draw straws, arm wrestle, or what ever else someone can think up !!!!

If MAX point diff. used then plug in those #'s with what I used in scenario's to figure out how many points a team needs to win by along with how many points other games wind up.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-27-2016, 10:15 AM
Except Sweeny didn't beat Cuero
yea was suppose to be Sinton in there.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-27-2016, 10:18 AM
I'll be at the field at 5:30ok about 6-6:30 for me

Crow22
10-27-2016, 10:24 AM

Will be a little clearer after this Friday night with game between Sweeny and Sinton.

Wrong on #3...
If Wharton beats Cuero and Sweeny beats Sinton, you throw out the Sinton vs everyone else scores. There wouldn't be a tie with Sinton in that scenario. In that scenario, Sweeny would be 1st depending on point differential of course.

SHSBulldog00
10-27-2016, 08:42 PM
Wrong on #3...
If Wharton beats Cuero and Sweeny beats Sinton, you throw out the Sinton vs everyone else scores. There wouldn't be a tie with Sinton in that scenario. In that scenario, Sweeny would be 1st depending on point differential of course.

That's was my thinking. But it all could be for not depending on Friday night.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-28-2016, 08:36 PM
Sinton 7 Sweeny 0 Halftime

Sinton couple interceptions one by qb at around Sweeny 30 yd line and other just before halftime wr threw a interception with Sinton at Sweeny 8 yd line on 3rd and goal in end zone. Sweeny fumble twice but Sinton defense doing it's job once again.

Epicpirates
10-28-2016, 10:09 PM
Nice win, Pirates! Love what our defense is doing. I miss our Offense firing on all cylinders, but it will come together again! Gooooo Pirates!

WOS87
10-28-2016, 10:32 PM
You should get the rules from your district committee. There's ALWAYS a maximum number of win points allowed in a 3-way tie point differential. In our district it's 16. So if you win by 50 you are still only +16

Nice win Pirates btw... thanks for making my job more difficult trying to figure this mess out :crying:

TarponFanInNorthTexas
10-28-2016, 10:43 PM
Scenario #3 ... Orange Grove beats Rio Hondo, Port Isabel beats Raymondville, Orange Grove beats Raymondville

.....Port Isabel --- 4 - 1 .....gets the ..... W ........... Port Isabel beat Orange Grove by +17, and lost to Rio Hondo by -14 --------pts at +3
.....Rio Hondo ------ 4 - 1 .....gets the ..... R ........... Rio Hondo beat Port Isabel by +14, but if RH loses to OG by 12 or more....pts at +2 But if RH loses by less than 12 points, RH gets W while PI would get R due to head-to-head win over OG
.....Orange Grove ---- 4 - 1 .....gets the ..... T ........... OG lost to PI by -17. For OG to reach W spot, it needs to beat RH by +22. Anything between 12 and 21 pts will get OG the R spot due to it's head to head win over RH who would then be T

This is now looking to be the most likely scenario after tonight's result. Going to add some edits below.

IF -------------- Orange Grove beats Raymondville

.....Rio Hondo ------ 4 - 1 .....gets the ..... W ........... Rio Hondo beat Port Isabel by +14, lost to Orange Grove by -2 ----------- pts at +12
.....Port Isabel --- 4 - 1 .....gets the ..... R ........... Port Isabel beat Orange Grove by +17, and lost to Rio Hondo by -14 --------pts at +3
.....Orange Grove ---- 4 - 1 .....gets the ..... T ........... OG lost to PI by -17, beat Rio Hondo by +2 --------------------------------pts at -15 (would get T regardless due to head-to-head loss to Port Isabel

The other possible scenario now: IF Raymondville beats Orange Grove

.....Rio Hondo --- 4 - 1 .....gets the ..... W ........... Win vs. Port Isabel
.....Port Isabel ---4 - 1 .....gets the.......R ............ Loss to Rio Hondo
.....Raymondville - 3 - 2 ....gets the......T..............Win vs. Orange Grove
.....Orange Grove - 3 - 2 ...gets the......F...............Loss to Raymondville

sinfan75
10-28-2016, 10:44 PM
Even though Sinton beat Sweeny, Sinton will still be 4th place team based on the blow-out losses to Cuero and Wharton. That's my guess. Personally I would like to see Wharton and Sinton match up one more time in the play-offs.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-28-2016, 10:47 PM
You should get the rules from your district committee. There's ALWAYS a maximum number of win points allowed in a 3-way tie point differential. In our district it's 16. So if you win by 50 you are still only +16

Nice win Pirates btw... thanks for making my job more difficult trying to figure this mess out :crying:
Cuero win over Wharton
Cuero W
Wharton R
Sweeny T
Sinton F
Wharton/Sweeny/Sinton tie for 2nd but point differential puts seeds above.

Wharton win over Cuero
Wharton W
Cuero R
Sinton T
Sweeny F

Wharton/Cuero share district title, Wharton gets 1 seed on head to head.
Sinton/Sweeny tie for 3rd, Sinton gets 3rd seed on head to head.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
10-28-2016, 10:52 PM
Cuero win over Wharton
Cuero W
Wharton R
Sweeny T
Sinton F
Wharton/Sweeny/Sinton tie for 2nd but point differential puts seeds above.

Wharton win over Cuero
Wharton W
Cuero R
Sinton T
Sweeny F

Wharton/Cuero share district title, Wharton gets 1 seed on head to head.
Sinton/Sweeny tie for 3rd, Sinton gets 3rd seed on head to head.

So because of one single game, none of the playoff matchups are set yet. What a load of fecal matter!

WOS87
10-28-2016, 11:18 PM
2nd place in District 15 will face Navarro Round 2. Wharton or Cuero? Who will it be? Unless 16 can pull off an upset. I don't see 14 doing it.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
10-28-2016, 11:23 PM
2nd place in District 15 will face Navarro Round 2. Wharton or Cuero? Who will it be? Unless 16 can pull off an upset. I don't see 14 doing it.

The only possibility of a 3 or 4 seed from D16 upsetting a 1 or 2 from D15 is Orange Grove who has the #3 seed pretty much locked up unless it loses to Raymondville next week.

SHSBulldog00
10-29-2016, 10:41 AM
We did not play well 3 fumbles including one at our own one yard line; Sinton did a fantastic job. Congratulations Pirates.

iFootball
10-29-2016, 12:10 PM
Even though Sinton beat Sweeny, Sinton will still be 4th place team based on the blow-out losses to Cuero and Wharton. That's my guess. Personally I would like to see Wharton and Sinton match up one more time in the play-offs.

Wouldn't Sinton get Third because of the head to head win over Sweeny?

From what I have been reading, Sinton has clinched a playoff spot and Sweeny hasn't yet.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-29-2016, 12:35 PM
some highlights

https://youtu.be/JUm9TUjhfEY

SintonFan_inAustin
10-29-2016, 12:39 PM
Wouldn't Sinton get Third because of the head to head win over Sweeny?

From what I have been reading, Sinton has clinched a playoff spot and Sweeny hasn't yet.Depends on Cuero/Wharton game. if Sinton finishes tied with Sweeny If Wharton wins then head to head for Sinton and Sweeny. if a 3 way tie if a Cuero win over Wharton then Wharton, Sweeny and Sinton tie for 2nd then Sinton gets 4th seed on point differential.

Aransas Pass has one win in district and face Sweeny in last district game and Sweeny has 2 district wins so reason Sweeny hasn't clinched a spot, a upset then Aransas Pass gets in on head to head. Think have better shot at winning the lottery than a upset in that game.

sourhern
10-29-2016, 03:33 PM
If the district finishes where it is now with 1. Cuero 2. Wharton 3. Sinton 4. Sweeny the winner and second has an easy first two rounds 3rd in district will most likely draw navarrow 2nd round

sourhern
10-29-2016, 03:36 PM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161029/5150cc10882ab0a687865878cc5253cc.jpghttp://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161029/5150cc10882ab0a687865878cc5253cc.jpg

SintonFan_inAustin
10-29-2016, 03:50 PM
If the district finishes where it is now with 1. Cuero 2. Wharton 3. Sinton 4. Sweeny the winner and second has an easy first two rounds 3rd in district will most likely draw navarrow 2nd round

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkit can't finish up that way. Cuero gets 1 seed, Wharton is 2 seed, Sweeny is 3rd seed, Sinton is 4th seed. if Wharton wins then theyre the 1 seed, Cuero 2nd seed, Sinton 3rd seed and Sweeny 4th seed.

Rematches.

sourhern
10-29-2016, 03:52 PM
Ah so Sweeny draws Navarro round 2

sourhern
10-29-2016, 03:52 PM
I just went as everything is as of right now tho

sourhern
10-29-2016, 03:57 PM
On the Friday night apphttp://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161029/7cf5ce43e46e558ad98fd512f432a203.png

SintonFan_inAustin
10-29-2016, 04:07 PM
is it 3rd place or the uil bracket wrong? UIL site has D15T possible matchup with Navarro in 2nd rd

TarponFanInNorthTexas
10-29-2016, 04:20 PM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161029/5150cc10882ab0a687865878cc5253cc.jpghttp://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161029/5150cc10882ab0a687865878cc5253cc.jpg

Port Isabel is locked into #2 seed in D16 via point differential. Rio Hondo has #1 seed locked up.

WOS87
10-29-2016, 04:45 PM
I don't see any way where PI wins District 16. They lost to RH head to head and they would be 2nd in a 3-way tie with RH and OG from differential unless RH gets beat in a huge upset next week.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
10-29-2016, 04:59 PM
I don't see any way where PI wins District 16. They lost to RH head to head and they would be 2nd in a 3-way tie with RH and OG from differential unless RH gets beat in a huge upset next week.

Yeah, Rio Hondo has Progreso next week. Barring a literal act of God, Rio Hondo has a 99.99% chance of winning that game. Rio Hondo also has the best point differential between the 3 teams currently tied for the district lead, so regardless, Rio Hondo is locked into the #1 seed. Port Isabel is locked into the #2 seed due to it's head-to-head win over Orange Grove. The only teams not "locked" into a spot are Orange Grove and Raymondville, who play each other next week. If OG wins, they lock #3, if Raymondville wins, they get #3 and Orange Grove #4.

sourhern
10-29-2016, 07:42 PM
What I am going off of is the fox sports app

sourhern
10-29-2016, 07:43 PM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161030/d02ac14a59f93b54a2f2e8cbc78bd256.pnghttp://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161030/2fc6b9b063142384bd939ea18ab8d462.pnghttp://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161030/731c3b957e111d8913771ad1328062ac.pnghttp://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161030/386c5e9e52a0458186f42a8b6aaab1af.png