PDA

View Full Version : Brazosport Facts - Bay City-Brazosport Game Story

Scoop27
10-22-2016, 09:59 AM
BAY CITY — The Brazosport Exporters couldn’t pull off the win as they fell 35-28 loss to the Blackcats Friday night.

With the loss, the Exporters are 1-8 overall and 0-4 in district 12-4A.

“I was very proud of our kids and their effort,” Brazosport head coach Ben Rudolph said. “I thought we made great plays. They played hard and played strong for four quarters. I told them after the game that that’s life.

“They got back up when they got knocked down time and time again tonight.”

With the win, the Bay City Blackcats clinched a spot in the playoffs for the first time since 2007, moving to 5-3 overall and 3-1 in district play.

The Blackcats were dominant in the first half, but after halftime the Ships adapted.

“We kind of sputtered in that first half,” Rudolph said. “I felt like in the second half, we were able to put some things together and it clicked.

“We have some fantastic players.”

Emotions ran high testing the resiliency of both teams.

“We have to keep our composure,” Florez said.

“We were in a tight game and we need to do a better job of keeping our composure. In a big game, emotions can get the best of you and we have to handle that better.”

Darryl Florez had seven carries for 48 yards to lead the Blackcats in rushing.

Bay City quarterback Dylan Davidson went 5-of-9 for 95 yards with a touchdown while Darryl Florez went 2-of-4 for 50 yards.

Sauceda led the Blackcats in receptions with 65 yards from three receptions.

Brazosport’s Jarvis Davis went 10 of 29 for 125 yards passing with two interceptions and a touchdown. Jalen Johnson had two receptions for 60 yards and a touchdown.

Ameer King ended up rushing for 62-yards off 16 carries to lead the Exporters. “Ameer’s a fantastic football player and he put on a fantastic display tonight.”