PDA

View Full Version : Liberty (8-1) @ West Orange-Stark (8-0) Week 10 for 12-4A D2 District Championship

WOS87
10-22-2016, 02:27 AM
Liberty lost their first game of the season Week 9 when Hardin-Jefferson kicked a field goal with 10 seconds left to upset them 17-14. WOS is the heavy favorite having beaten Hardin-Jefferson 62-0 the week before.

PurplePop
10-22-2016, 06:45 AM
That headline is a joke, right? More like:

West Orange-Stark (8-0) vs. Liberty (8-1) Week 10 - 2nd To Last Tune-Up Game for WOS Before State Championship Playoff Run Begins

WOS1
10-26-2016, 10:07 PM
That headline is a joke, right? More like:

West Orange-Stark (8-0) vs. Liberty (8-1) Week 10 - 2nd To Last Tune-Up Game for WOS Before State Championship Playoff Run Begins

Anything can happen on any given Friday!

SintonFan_inAustin
10-27-2016, 01:49 AM
Anything can happen on any given Friday!true. Also true odds are not good for the team that lines up against them each week :(

lostaussie
10-27-2016, 08:58 AM
Lol........lock of the week. WOS -44 in the pickem

WOS87
10-27-2016, 10:00 PM
WOS JV won 38-0

XX Man
10-28-2016, 01:14 AM
This has been a pretty boring year. Every team WOS lines up against, they kick them around like 7th graders. Kennedale had the best showing, and they only scored after WOS defense starters were pulled. I am worried that they are going to get a lackadaisical attitude, like they did against Gilmer 2 years ago, and lose one.

griff
10-28-2016, 07:28 AM
XX Man, you have to be corrected on the Gilmer game. The players did not gain a lackadasical attitude in that game. It was three turnovers in the 2nd half that cost us that game - one of them a fumble into the end zone. The blocked FG attempt for a TD that was denied just before halftime did create a deflating moment for our boys, but the loss had nothing to do with the player's lack of intensity or attitude. I've seen you make that comment more than once in other threads and I cannot let that fly anymore. That's not what happened. We were good enough to win that game, but give Gilmer credit. They stepped up their defensive intensity in the 2nd half and we coughed it up too much.

GUNHO
10-28-2016, 07:30 AM
This has been a pretty boring year. Every team WOS lines up against, they kick them around like 7th graders. Kennedale had the best showing, and they only scored after WOS defense starters were pulled. I am worried that they are going to get a lackadaisical attitude, like they did against Gilmer 2 years ago, and lose one.

With all due respect Xman. Gilmer had more to do with that than WO-S attitude.

d0tc0m
10-28-2016, 08:39 AM
XX Man, you have to be corrected on the Gilmer game. The players did not gain a lackadasical attitude in that game. It was three turnovers in the 2nd half that cost us that game - one of them a fumble into the end zone. The blocked FG attempt for a TD that was denied just before halftime did create a deflating moment for our boys, but the loss had nothing to do with the player's lack of intensity or attitude. I've seen you make that comment more than once in other threads and I cannot let that fly anymore. That's not what happened. We were good enough to win that game, but give Gilmer credit. They stepped up their defensive intensity in the 2nd half and we coughed it up too much.

With all due respect Xman. Gilmer had more to do with that than WO-S attitude.

Yes. And yes.

WOS gave everything they had, and, for a half, it looked like they'd have enough to knock Gilmer down. But that was a special Buckeyes team -- that program's best ever, probably. The Mustangs were just beaten by a superior team, not their own lack of focus or intensity.

Old Green
10-28-2016, 10:09 AM
Was looking to see a game of undefeated teams. Liberty must have been looking a head. I'll take WOS 52-7

lostaussie
10-28-2016, 10:11 AM
Yes. And yes.

WOS gave everything they had, and, for a half, it looked like they'd have enough to knock Gilmer down. But that was a special Buckeyes team -- that program's best ever, probably. The Mustangs were just beaten by a superior team, not their own lack of focus or intensity.

With all due respect........2009 was the best team we ever fielded. That bunch went thru WOS, Navasota, Cuero, and Abilene Wylie on consecutive weeks. That was a tough road to a championship.

d0tc0m
10-28-2016, 10:23 AM
With all due respect........2009 was the best team we ever fielded. That bunch went thru WOS, Navasota, Cuero, and Abilene Wylie on consecutive weeks. That was a tough road to a championship.

I'm sure you have plenty more insight into that than I do, but we'll agree to disagree on that one, probably. 2009 was one of the worst season's for Celina since I've been alive, so my dad, my brother and I spent a lot of November/December going to various other postseason games. We were able to see the epic Gilmer/Cuero matchup, and then the state title win over Wylie at SMU the following week. I got to see the 2014 Gilmer team a few times, too, and, in my humble opinion as a casual observer and Celina fan, the 2014 Buckeyes squad would've handled the 2009 squad. The only thing that would even keep it close would be Stump. In saying all that, both of those Gilmer teams were really, really, really, really good.

Rocket Man
10-28-2016, 04:49 PM
For the record, the suspense in this one is gonna raise my blood pressure as I check in on it via FNR app.

WOS87
10-28-2016, 04:57 PM
For the record, the suspense in this one is gonna raise my blood pressure as I check in on it via FNR app.

The sarcasm... But don't say that. We're coming off a Bye week, it's senior night and Liberty will be riled up after losing to Hardin-Jefferson last week. Perfect storm waiting to happen. But maybe that's just me.

WOS87
10-28-2016, 10:21 PM
Liberty most DEFINITELY pulled out all of the stops but nope...

WO-S 32
Liberty 7
FINAL

Quarterfinal rematch? We haven't had that since Jasper 1986. Giddings - Liberty would be interesting.

44INAROW
10-29-2016, 12:00 AM
Nice win for WOS.

Hard to believe that next week is the final week of the regular season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WOS87
10-29-2016, 12:03 AM
Beat Wharton! ...for a change :smoker:

XX Man
10-29-2016, 05:07 AM
WOS did ok, but they did not play their finest last night. With that said, congrats goes to Liberty and their coach, for their game plan. Quite frankly, I was surprised.

XX Man
10-29-2016, 05:10 AM
Yeah, the lackadasical attitude led to sloppy play, once the Stangs pulled so far ahead. Gilmer never gave up, and when WOS thought they had it in the bag, they made some sloppy plays. Gilmer was a good team, and their mental game was better than WOS that day.

GUNHO
10-29-2016, 09:17 AM
WOS did ok, but they did not play their finest last night. With that said, congrats goes to Liberty and their coach, for their game plan. Quite frankly, I was surprised.

They played just fine.Liberty's big line just out manned our smaller line negating our speed on defense.Any team with a big line pushing us back will do the same thing.We only had the ball for what,about 10 minutes and 5 or 6 possessions and still won 32-7.Pretty good if you ask me.

XX Man
10-30-2016, 02:40 AM
They did good, but not up to as good as they are capable of.