PDA

View Full Version : Liberty Hill- Credit where credit is due(To the Coaching Staff)

AP2364
10-21-2016, 11:39 PM
Liberty Hill still has it's struggles but something has come over the coaches on offense. The play calling over the past 3 games has looked totally different then it has for the last 7 years. Each of these 3 games it has progressed. LH has become unpredictable again. You can literally see the defenders guessing where the ball has gone again. It's refreshing to see the change. Now the test will come against China Spring. The tendency over the past 7 years is to revert to a set of predicatable conservative plays against the better defense that LH faces. Only time will tell now.................

LHAG
10-22-2016, 09:34 AM
It is a credit to the staff that they recognized last year that things had to change. In the last two years they lost in the playoffs to the eventual state champs, Navasota in the Semi-final game and LaVega in the Regionals last year.
In both cases the opposition loaded the box and stopped the run. The entire defense including safeties, were within three yards of the line of scrimmage.
Last summer LH participated in the 7 on 7 program with volunteer coaches who have worked with many of the boys since they were in Elementary school. All the backs, including defense, benefited greatly from this.

The line on the other hand, stared off this season slowly in pass protection. They have drastically improved in this aspect since the beginning of the season to where last night the QB actually had more than 1 and 1/2 seconds to find a target and which is about where they were in the beginning of the season.

I like what I am seeing.

regaleagle
10-22-2016, 09:36 AM
What happened last night to the Burnet qb and did that impact the outcome of this game???

Rabid Cougar
10-22-2016, 09:37 AM
so who won?????

panfan
10-22-2016, 11:16 AM
so who won?????
LH 44
Burnet 23

With #1 qb in score would have been closer.

AP2364
10-22-2016, 11:47 AM
What happened last night to the Burnet qb and did that impact the outcome of this game???

He got drilled on a run down field. The safety stuck him and drove him backwards. Before the whistle blew a couple of others helped drive him backwards. They went down and he didn't get back up. He held his lower leg and did not put weight on it going off the field. I heard that it was an ankle injury but that is certainly not official. The back up QB did a great job and was very accurate. I don't know what the starting QB had to offer over the backup as I have not seen them play this year. I don't remember a single scramble across the line or a designed QB run after the started got hurt. LH stifled the run game.

stardog
10-22-2016, 01:23 PM
Liberty Hill still has it's struggles but something has come over the coaches on offense. The play calling over the past 3 games has looked totally different then it has for the last 7 years. Each of these 3 games it has progressed. LH has become unpredictable again. You can literally see the defenders guessing where the ball has gone again. It's refreshing to see the change. Now the test will come against China Spring. The tendency over the past 7 years is to revert to a set of predicatable conservative plays against the better defense that LH faces. Only time will tell now.................
Burnet's game with CS was a lot closer than the score. They totally played the pass, no pass rush, LB er's played for the pass. I think Bt could have made some short passed over middle but always go for those outside, or deep pass. Burnet got down inside 10 twice and CS held. There's 2 scores didn't get. Burnet was at 5 an ran out of time for half time. CS punting, Bt doesn't rush, Lline and LB's start dropping back for return, punter sees this and takes off for 45+ yard run. Was funny - could definitely see all the line and LB's turn and retreat and punter take off running behind them. Looked like they were running from him. CS down to about 10/15 and couple plays later - score. That's 3 scores a good run team could have punched in and 1 score CH got when Bt messed up on punt play and run. Bt moved the ball pretty good just couldn't finish. Stats were pretty close - First Downs were 22 for Bt - 23 for CS, Total yards for game - Bt 330 pass/105 rush for total 435, and CS 105 pass/435 rush for total 529.

Against Bt, LH run game good, those pass plays definitely were the big plays. With that balance attack I think LH has good chance of beating CS. Not ' chance ' but would say it's an even match up.

LHPfactory
10-23-2016, 07:19 PM
I had a feeling the passing game would be a factor in this one.

stardog
10-23-2016, 10:48 PM
Copied from LH vs Burnet thread.
Quote Originally Posted by panfan View Post

Quick observations: Dawgs have great receivers, one in particular is a stud. Qbs both good. Dawgs lack much of any defense. LH still can't defend a pass. LH had the dawgs guessing all night where the ball was, kudos to LH staff for diversifying the offense.

Burnet---
3 good receivers - Gallardo is the stud. QB's weren't going to other two much. Didn't help that #10 got knock out in 1st qt. That gang tackle on him did it.(still could have happened with a single tackler). I thought he should have just gone down like a qb would take a slide dive, not try to keep going until more tacklers are on you. Backup QB is good athlete, was good QB two years ago on JV. Didn't play last year. I've seen that with lot of kids now days. Guess they figure they won't get to play much if not starter. #12 has been on defense, only at QB late in game when Bt's way ahead, then only handing off for run plays.

Other things that didn't help were.
1 - One of best defense players #11 out from last week. Already had three other D starting players out. #12 going to QB took him off defense at linebacker.
2 - Losing QB had effect on team
3 - Lot of players playing O and D
4 - Coach Jones mother passed away Wednesday.
5 - Got out coached again by LH. LH always comes up with right play at right time. Bt totally fell asleep on those pass plays. Were about 3 other passes dropped by LH when receivers where open.
6 - Other than those excuses and what ifs - LH whopped Burnet !!!

AP2364
11-01-2016, 12:32 PM
:mad::mad::mad:

Well one week later tells the story. I spoke to soon!!!!!!! Nothing has changed. Injuries and playing against a higher caliber team brought back the same old problems. The play calling was so predictable it was ridiculous.