very interesting...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

briandumith*
10-19-2016, 04:28 PM
http://www.texasfootball.com/Projections/ here is a more direct link

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Weebe
10-19-2016, 04:31 PM
Damn. If El Campo wins their district, they could get Henderson and Carthage in back to back weeks?

Seems like the top half of that Regional is the easier path.

toddg
10-19-2016, 05:37 PM
Damn. If El Campo wins their district, they could get Henderson and Carthage in back to back weeks?

Seems like the top half of that Regional is the easier path.Ricebirds ain't skeert of those teams

Weebe
10-19-2016, 07:53 PM
Ricebirds ain't skeert of those teams

Not scared. But that would be two damn physical games. 1 more chance to get beat up that you might not have on the other side of the bracket.

speedbump
10-19-2016, 08:50 PM
Not scared. But that would be two damn physical games. 1 more chance to get beat up that you might not have on the other side of the bracket.

Dawgs told me that nobody but nbody could beat Henderson and Carthage back to back. Kilgore proved him wrong and the Birds may get their chance. The good news is - if that happens they would then face the winner of Stafford,Kilgore. Region three D1 . No other in 4A even close to that much power.

lostaussie
10-20-2016, 09:26 AM

Seems like the top half of that Regional is the easier path.

Probably not. Probably just one week:D

BwdLions
10-20-2016, 11:43 AM
That playoff prediction shows all three teams from Region 1 - District 3 (Brownwood, Wylie & S-ville) playing in the Division 1 bracket. Is that right?

slingshot
10-20-2016, 12:29 PM
That playoff prediction shows all three teams from Region 1 - District 3 (Brownwood, Wylie & S-ville) playing in the Division 1 bracket. Is that right?
Districts are now all composed of DI or DII teams--4 teams from each district go to the playoffs...

jason
10-20-2016, 01:18 PM
woo - copperas cove got an easy first round matchup....@ desoto....

:eek:

Eagle Nation
10-20-2016, 01:49 PM
Looks like there could be a lot of travel for Argyle this year in the playoffs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scoop27
10-20-2016, 03:12 PM
Except 5A And 6A where there are not two divisions-But 4 teams go from each district

Weebe
10-20-2016, 03:41 PM
Probably not. Probably just one week:D

Entirely possible.

At this point, I think you could make an argument for Carthage, Henderson, Kilgore, El Campo or Stafford winning Region III.

But if you are going to make a run at it, you'd much rather face 2 of those 5 teams instead of 3 of them.

lostaussie
10-21-2016, 07:02 AM
Entirely possible.

At this point, I think you could make an argument for Carthage, Henderson, Kilgore, El Campo or Stafford winning Region III.

But if you are going to make a run at it, you'd much rather face 2 of those 5 teams instead of 3 of them.

Yea, I was throwing a little jab. Whomever comes out of this region will definitely be battle tested. That's a gauntlet just to get out of region and then you still have 2 more to go.

Dawgs
10-21-2016, 09:22 AM
Dawgs told me that nobody but nbody could beat Henderson and Carthage back to back. Kilgore proved him wrong and the Birds may get their chance. The good news is - if that happens they would then face the winner of Stafford,Kilgore. Region three D1 . No other in 4A even close to that much power.
Crazy how tough region 3 is. Don't think you can pick a favorite. Carthage hasn't lived up to the hype after the pre-district we had. Still got alot of work to do. Good thing is we should be riding a 4 game win streak going into the playoffs. Everybody knows anything can happen on any given night come playoff time. Carthage is definitely not the favorite anymore, but I wouldn't bet my money against them. Carthage will be fine. If our offense can ever get consistent we will be almost unstoppable. But we haven't done a very good job of stopping the run this season, and Henderson and Kilgore both have awesome run games. El Campo will be just as tough. If we don't get that fixed, and have to try to outscore everybody I don't see a deep run. If we get it fixed, watch out. I will be interested to see the outcome of the El Campo Stafford game. We will all just have to wait and see what happens. Going to be a fun year no matter what. Any team the represents R3 will have earned it.

Dawgs
10-21-2016, 09:25 AM
But one good thing for Carthage is they have won their respective region 6 out of 8 years. I will take 75% odds. No matter what anybody on a message board says that fact speaks for itself. We weren't supposed to do anything last year either...so it's all good.

BwdLions
10-21-2016, 11:43 AM
Districts are now all composed of DI or DII teams--4 teams from each district go to the playoffs...

Oh yeah, I forgot they now allow four teams into the playoffs . I see that all four teams from our district are Division 1.

slingshot
10-21-2016, 11:45 AM
Looks like there could be a lot of travel for Argyle this year in the playoffs

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkMaybe y'all will be really tired from all the travel by the 3rd round of the playoffs...

speedbump
10-21-2016, 04:51 PM
Crazy how tough region 3 is. Don't think you can pick a favorite. Carthage hasn't lived up to the hype after the pre-district we had. Still got alot of work to do. Good thing is we should be riding a 4 game win streak going into the playoffs. Everybody knows anything can happen on any given night come playoff time. Carthage is definitely not the favorite anymore, but I wouldn't bet my money against them. Carthage will be fine. If our offense can ever get consistent we will be almost unstoppable. But we haven't done a very good job of stopping the run this season, and Henderson and Kilgore both have awesome run games. El Campo will be just as tough. If we don't get that fixed, and have to try to outscore everybody I don't see a deep run. If we get it fixed, watch out. I will be interested to see the outcome of the El Campo Stafford game. We will all just have to wait and see what happens. Going to be a fun year no matter what. Any team the represents R3 will have earned it.

The only sure thing is that footballs take funny bounces. Every game involving these five teams will be so evenly matched those bounces will have a huge impact. The team that handles both good and bad bounces the best will be in good shape when the dust settles. At this point it could be any one of them. Hope the last one standing has enough left take the next step.

WOS87
10-21-2016, 11:37 PM
Well after tonight you can switch Silsbee and Bridge City with each other in D1 and switch Liberty and Hardin-Jefferson in D2 and replace Huffman with LCM in D1. If Navasota beats Bridge City that will put that district in a 3-way tie.