PDA

View Full Version : Why is the Celina QB still on the Team?

BoneyFinger
10-19-2016, 10:12 AM
He needs to be kicked off of the team.

Watch the Video. 3rd Quarter - 1:38 mark - Click on Videos then choose "Recap Community vs Celina"

http://www.maxpreps.com/games/football-fall-16/celina-vs-community/10-14-2016-Rzl5z3grHEKxgmUQpce-wA.htm

waterboy
10-19-2016, 10:16 AM
My Daddy would've taken me behind the woodshed for doing something like that. That kind of behavior should definitely be punished.

slingshot
10-19-2016, 10:49 AM
Can't get the video to work... what happened?

lostaussie
10-19-2016, 10:54 AM
I was wondering how long before this made it to the Downlow. It's on all the other sites and being talked about A LOT

ccmom
10-19-2016, 10:58 AM
OUCH!!! Certainly can't claim that was accidental. Goodness

bag-o-chips
10-19-2016, 10:59 AM
That is crap and should be handled by the Coaching staff

waterboy
10-19-2016, 11:15 AM
Can't get the video to work... what happened?

The Celina QB casually walked over to a player under a pile after a fumble and stepped on a Community player's ankle, and then hopped up and down on it a couple of times injuring him. He had to be helped off the field.

The coach should suspend him for at least a couple of games, and then make him make a public apology, in my opinion.

Maybe this link will work better:

http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/community-braves-(nevada,tx)/football/videos.htm?videoid=b882a8f8-d38b-47d4-8feb-7f78e3cbb655

Tink4392
10-19-2016, 11:40 AM
How low of a person can you be, to actually go up to someone and do that, doesn't matter how old you are! Kid should be kicked off the team and honestly be ashamed of his actions.

LHAG
10-19-2016, 12:01 PM
The UIL should grow the balls to disqualify the QB and sanction the coach for not acting on this earlier.

d0tc0m
10-19-2016, 12:12 PM
He needs to be kicked off of the team.

Watch the Video. 3rd Quarter - 1:38 mark - Click on Videos then choose "Recap Community vs Celina"

http://www.maxpreps.com/games/football-fall-16/celina-vs-community/10-14-2016-Rzl5z3grHEKxgmUQpce-wA.htm

How low of a person can you be, to actually go up to someone and do that, doesn't matter how old you are! Kid should be kicked off the team and honestly be ashamed of his actions.

Both of these quotes are very (sadly) indicative of our culture today. React immediately and as strongly as possible to a particular situation that offends you, sort through the information and facts later, and don't worry about the consequences of your reactions. More often than not, as is the case here, there's more to this story. Only one side of the story was shown on this film, and Community actually went out of there way to make sure that happened. What happened before the play in question doesn't justify the actions of Pingleton by any means, and he should be/will be punished, but if the same situation had happened to any of the holier-than-thou posters on here, they likely would've reacted in the same way, if not stronger.

The coaching staff is not taking this lightly, and Pingleton's actions have been/are being dealt with internally. Although, the discipline will not result in public crucifixion, so it may not appease many of the Pharisee archetypes on here.

d0tc0m
10-19-2016, 12:13 PM
The UIL should grow the balls to disqualify the QB and sanction the coach for not acting on this earlier.

See previous post. Grow the balls to dig deeper than a MaxPreps video.

firstdown
10-19-2016, 12:25 PM
Both of these quotes are very (sadly) indicative of our culture today. React immediately and as strongly as possible to a particular situation that offends you, sort through the information and facts later, and don't worry about the consequences of your reactions. More often than not, as is the case here, there's more to this story. Only one side of the story was shown on this film, and Community actually went out of there way to make sure that happened. What happened before the play in question doesn't justify the actions of Pingleton by any means, and he should be/will be punished, but if the same situation had happened to any of the holier-than-thou posters on here, they likely would've reacted in the same way, if not stronger.

The coaching staff is not taking this lightly, and Pingleton's actions have been/are being dealt with internally. Although, the discipline will not result in public crucifixion, so it may not appease many of the Pharisee archetypes on here.

Regardless of what happened previously that is not right and there is no way to defend it. I'm sure that the Celina Coaches are handling this however if it was my son the Coaches wouldn't have to nor world they get the chance to deal with it.

slingshot
10-19-2016, 12:29 PM
See previous post. Grow the balls to dig deeper than a MaxPreps video.Could you please enlighten us as to the 'rest of the story' that led up to this?

PurplePop
10-19-2016, 12:33 PM
Both of these quotes are very (sadly) indicative of our culture today. React immediately and as strongly as possible to a particular situation that offends you, sort through the information and facts later, and don't worry about the consequences of your reactions. More often than not, as is the case here, there's more to this story. Only one side of the story was caught on film, and Community actually went out of there way to make sure that happened. What happened before the play in question doesn't justify the actions of Pingleton by any means, and he should be/will be punished, but if the same situation had happened to any of the holier-than-thou posters on here, they likely would've reacted in the same way, if not stronger.

Thanks for your insight. I thought it was very strange that Nev. Comm. even included that on the video. I don't know who puts those videos on MaxPreps but I think that was wrong and incredibly mean-spirited. Whoever it was wants the QB to get roasted on the internet in addition to any deserved punishment that he gets from his coach. Now that it's on the internet, he'll likely take an enormous psychological pounding over this. I really hate to see this unfold this way with a high school kid.

bobcat1
10-19-2016, 12:33 PM
Regardless of what happened previously that is not right and there is no way to defend it. I'm sure that the Celina Coaches are handling this however if it was my son the Coaches wouldn't have to nor world they get the chance to deal with it.
What he said. Regardless of what happened before, have class.

d0tc0m
10-19-2016, 12:41 PM

What he said. Regardless of what happened before, have class.

And I don't think you'll find anywhere in my posts that I defended the actions. Quite the contrary. But, again, nearly everyone on here is poised with stone in hand ready - dare I say, anxious - to throw at Pingleton, certain of how they'd react if it was them or if it was their son, and yet, no one was there, no one has any insight into the situation, no one has seen anything but Community's video on MaxPreps and no one knows how they would react, truly, if it was them or their son.

bobcat1
10-19-2016, 12:43 PM
Just got word from Celina. They first saw this footage this morning. They did not have it before. The QB is suspended immediately. The coaches at Celina would not and do not condone this type of behavior and when it happens it is dealt with swiftly as it was in this case. It makes no difference who you are on the team to them. This is a team sport.

bobcat1
10-19-2016, 12:44 PM
And I don't think you'll find anywhere in my posts that I defended the actions. Quite the contrary. But, again, nearly everyone on here is poised with stone in hand ready - dare I say, anxious - to throw at Pingleton, certain of how they'd react if it was them or if it was their son, and yet, no one was there, no one has any insight into the situation, no one has seen anything but Community's video on MaxPreps and no one knows how they would react, truly, if it was them or their son.I know what I would do if it was my son. So don't judge me.

d0tc0m
10-19-2016, 12:46 PM
Edited. Don't want to be a hypocrite.

d0tc0m
10-19-2016, 12:51 PM
I know what I would do if it was my son. So don't judge me.

I won't judge you. I know what my father would've done if it was me. I also know he'd have done me the courtesy of hearing the full story before punishing me. I'd like to think I'd extend that same kind of grace to my sons too, should a situation like this ever arise. But, I've not been granted the power to see into the future, as of yet, so I can't know how I'd react, truly. Don't judge me.

ccmom
10-19-2016, 12:52 PM
Just got word from Celina. They first saw this footage this morning. They did not have it before. The QB is suspended immediately. The coaches at Celina would not and do not condone this type of behavior and when it happens it is dealt with swiftly as it was in this case. It makes no difference who you are on the team to them. This is a team sport.

Commendable response from the coaching staff.

d0tc0m
10-19-2016, 01:02 PM
Commendable response from the coaching staff.

It's the right response, no question. It had to happen, regardless of what occurred earlier in the game. I commend the coaches, for sure. And I've also been told they reached out to the Community coaching staff to apologize.

Hopefully the player from Community heals quickly, and I sincerely HOPE Pingleton reaches out to that player and apologizes/makes this right. He can't take back his actions, but he can own up to them, learn from them and grow as an individual, and you hope that's what happens.

bobcat1
10-19-2016, 01:07 PM
I won't judge you. I know what my father would've done if it was me. I also know he'd have done me the courtesy of hearing the full story before punishing me. I'd like to think I'd extend that same kind of grace to my sons too, should a situation like this ever arise. But, I've not been granted the power to see into the future, as of yet, so I can't know how I'd react, truly. Don't judge me.
You are a funny guy. I never judged you. As a matter of fact I try to avoid you.

d0tc0m
10-19-2016, 01:08 PM
You are a funny guy. I never judged you. As a matter of fact I try to avoid you.

Aw man, that's a shame. You don't even know me. I'm not too hard to avoid though, I suppose.

Tink4392

I will back up my response and will feel the same way even if I knew the whole story!

I got punch in the ribs after a play for cutting a kid who didn't like it but did not do anything but get up make sure the refs saw it then went back to playing football, does not matter what another person does or say, you should always be the bigger person and just keep playing the game hard and not let your emotions get the best of you.

Weebe

Lol...

bobcat1
10-19-2016, 01:11 PM
I also heard the QB agrees with the suspension. He is completely embarrassed for the community that has taught him better. He is a kid that had a lapse in judgment. This will not define him but I bet it makes him a better man. That is what the Celina coaches want to teach them to be good young men that are hard workers even after they leave the football program. The winning is just gravy. I feel for the QB. If given the chance to go thru that again I am confident he would not do that. Life Lessons sometimes hurt!

d0tc0m
10-19-2016, 01:12 PM
I will back up my response and will feel the same way even if I knew the whole story!

I got punch in the ribs after a play for cutting a kid who didn't like it but did not do anything but get up make sure the refs saw it then went back to playing football, does not matter what another person does or say, you should always be the bigger person and just keep playing the game hard and not let your emotions get the best of you.

Well, I suppose you are a better person than me, and I commend you for that!

PurplePop
10-19-2016, 01:12 PM
Lol...

An "Lol" response is also indicative of our culture. Bizarre.

d0tc0m
10-19-2016, 01:15 PM
I also heard the QB agrees with the suspension. He is completely embarrassed for the community that has taught him better. He is a kid that had a lapse in judgment. This will not define him but I bet it makes him a better man. That is what the Celina coaches want to teach them to be good young men that are hard workers even after they leave the football program. The winning is just gravy. I feel for the QB. If given the chance to go thru that again I am confident he would not do that. Life Lessons sometimes hurt!

This is better than my dry-humored, young(ish), facetious self could have said it. Thanks bobcat1.

d0tc0m
10-19-2016, 01:18 PM

We live in bizarre times.

Bosqueville
10-19-2016, 01:21 PM
And I don't think you'll find anywhere in my posts that I defended the actions. Quite the contrary. But, again, nearly everyone on here is poised with stone in hand ready - dare I say, anxious - to throw at Pingleton, certain of how they'd react if it was them or if it was their son, and yet, no one was there, no one has any insight into the situation, no one has seen anything but Community's video on MaxPreps and no one knows how they would react, truly, if it was them or their son.

I'm sorry but I do not need to see the play before this one. Unless the injured player had a knife to the QB's throat, you don't walk up and hop up and down on the players ankle to break it. Giving the appearance of justifying his actions makes me nauseas.

d0tc0m
10-19-2016, 01:30 PM
I'm sorry but I do not need to see the play before this one. Unless the injured player had a knife to the QB's throat, you don't walk up and hop up and down on the players ankle to break it. Giving the appearance of justifying his actions makes me nauseas.

Who gave the appearance of justifying the actions?

PurplePop
10-19-2016, 01:36 PM

He obviously stomped on the other kid's leg. That's not the issue. We have some on here who say "kick him off the team" and some who say "suspend him" without anyone knowing all the facts. What nauseates me are people who want to mete out punishment to a high school kid without knowing all the facts. He'll be punished appropriately by his coach.

bobcat1
10-19-2016, 01:54 PM
He obviously stomped on the other kid's leg. That's not the issue. We have some on here who say "kick him off the team" and some who say "suspend him" without anyone knowing all the facts. What nauseates me are people who want to mete out punishment to a high school kid without knowing all the facts. He'll be punished appropriately by his coach.
And he was. I bet his Dad will mete out punishment too. I've known them both since QB was in 3rd grade

Tink4392
10-19-2016, 01:59 PM
Well, I suppose you are a better person than me, and I commend you for that!

All I have to say is thank God for rib protectors lol

Tink4392
10-19-2016, 02:01 PM

If you were the other kid's parents what would you think and what would want to happen.

We are entitled to our own opinion, so what is wrong with that?

Bosqueville
10-19-2016, 02:03 PM

I have no doubt he will be dealt with accordingly by the coaching staff. But still boggles the mind what went threw is brain.

d0tc0m
10-19-2016, 02:09 PM
I have no doubt he will be dealt with accordingly by the coaching staff. But still boggles the mind what went threw is brain.

He is/has been dealt with accordingly by the coaching staff, and, as bobcat1 pointed out, probably by his own father, too.

It's hard to say what went through his brain. But teenage emotions don't often make sense. As a teenager, I can remember doing a few things on the baseball field that I was not/am not proud of, even though I felt justified at the time. I was disciplined by my coaching staff at those times, but also disciplined by my father. Who, in addition to my punishment, made me apologize to my coaches, team, an opposing player once, an opposing team once and an umpire a handful of times. The humbling act of apologizing was far worse than any physical punishment that accompanied the crimes.

It also made it easier for me now, as an adult, to own up to and apologize for the still not-so-smart things I say/do on occasion.

bobcat1
10-19-2016, 02:15 PM
I have no doubt he will be dealt with accordingly by the coaching staff. But still boggles the mind what went threw is brain. LOL It's obvious absolutely nothing pertaining to consequences.

I was the same way when I was a senior. No thought just action. and then the brain would catch up and I would say to myself dumbass dumbass dumbass.

PurplePop
10-19-2016, 02:17 PM
If you were the other kid's parents what would you think and what would want to happen.

We are entitled to our own opinion, so what is wrong with that?

Nothing wrong at all. I was just responding a bit too strongly to a poster who wasn't very respectful of another poster's opinion.

44INAROW
10-19-2016, 02:24 PM
LOL It's obvious absolutely nothing pertaining to consequences.

I was the same way when I was a senior. No thought just action. and then the brain would catch up and I would say to myself dumbass dumbass dumbass.

it's called being human (and a dumbs$$ teenager too lol)

d0tc0m
10-19-2016, 02:26 PM
it's called being human (and a dumbs$$ teenager too lol)

Working at a high school here in Missouri, I can tell you that dumb@$$-ness does not honor state boundaries. It also transcends generational gaps as well.

And yet, you can't help but love the kids and do what you can to help them learn from their mistakes and to grow as individuals. I had a lot of great people from Celina - and other places - invest and pour into me when I was a teenager. That's helped me feel an obligation to invest and pour into the youth, too.

toddg
10-19-2016, 02:45 PM
LOL It's obvious absolutely nothing pertaining to consequences.

I was the same way when I was a senior. No thought just action. and then the brain would catch up and I would say to myself dumbass dumbass dumbass. sticking to today's socialality..a hearty LOL! and for the record..I was a dumbass too

Weebe
10-19-2016, 02:52 PM

I was trying to avoid calling him a dumbass...

d0tc0m
10-19-2016, 02:55 PM
For what it's worth, some of the facts are starting to come out on Twitter. Certainly not all of them, but some light is being shed on the situation.

That said, there's no way the Celina coaching staff gets into a finger-pointing match with Community and says, 'Yeah, our QB did this, but your guys did this ...' They've disciplined Pingleton and have undoubtedly addressed this - or will address - this with the team as a whole, and they're going to move forward now. But for those who do care to learn a little more about some things that happened that didn't make the MaxPreps reel, some information is out there.

Disclaimer: My suggestion to seek out information about the situation that is slowly being made available is in no way a justification of Pingleton's actions, nor do I endorse dirty play of any kind by any player under any circumstance.

BoneyFinger
10-19-2016, 06:32 PM

I saw the play and what the QB did. That's the whole story. I would kick him off the team. If the other team has someone that did something first, then deal with that also.

d0tc0m
10-19-2016, 06:43 PM
I saw the play and what the QB did. That's the whole story. I would kick him off the team. If the other team has someone that did something first, then deal with that also.

Thank God you're not the leader of young men.

PurplePop
10-19-2016, 06:43 PM

Noted.

speedbump
10-19-2016, 06:47 PM

What else is there to do but LOL at such a weak attempt at excuses,for an action that has none.

d0tc0m
10-19-2016, 06:50 PM
What else is there to do but LOL at such a weak attempt at excuses,for an action that has none.

Not one single person on this entire thread excused the QB for his actions. Not one.

speedbump
10-19-2016, 07:19 PM
Not one single person on this entire thread excused the QB for his actions. Not one.

The only way to defend his action is with excuses. You definitely are looking for away to defend him but it seems the excuses are hard to find. Defending that kind of action is (sadly) more indicative of our culture than the others reaction to it.

Lil Johnny wouldn't do that! he plays for our team.

PurplePop
10-19-2016, 07:30 PM

For what it's worth, I apologize if my comment about Weebe's LOL was out of place. I'm not from the LOL generation and maybe I take it too literally.

BoneyFinger
10-19-2016, 07:41 PM
Thank God you're not the leader of young men.

That quote is exactly what is wrong with this country. Our young people are not held accountable and it is showing.

d0tc0m
10-19-2016, 08:03 PM
The only way to defend his action is with excuses. You definitely are looking for away to defend him but it seems the excuses are hard to find. Defending that kind of action is (sadly) more indicative of our culture than the others reaction to it.

Lil Johnny wouldn't do that! he plays for our team.

What in the literal hell are you talking about? Please quote me where I'm looking for a way to defend him. Spoiler alert, you won't find one. Every post I made, I said I was in support of disciplining him. I NEVER made an excuse for what he did, nor will I.

panfan
10-19-2016, 08:05 PM
That quote is exactly what is wrong with this country. Our young people are not held accountable and it is showing.
Sounds like he is being held accountable....

speedbump
10-19-2016, 08:08 PM
What in the literal hell are you talking about? Please quote me where I'm looking for a way to defend him. Spoiler alert, you won't find one. Every post I made, I said I was in support of disciplining him. I NEVER made an excuse for what he did, nor will I.

Please let me know when the "whole story" is in.

d0tc0m
10-19-2016, 08:14 PM

What I said is far from being what's wrong with our country. You clearly know nothing about me, who I am, what I do for a living, what I stand for, and what kinds of really sad things I've seen in dealing with HS boys, HS athletes in particular.

Cutting him from the team, ridding yourself of him and your responsibility towards his growth and development as a young man, in other words, is far from holding him accountable. It's lazy. Period. It's a face-saving cop out and nothing more. The only thing it tells a teenage boy is he's not worth the time or effort to help him learn and grow and develop, and that some mistakes are unforgivable. You devalue him down to those mistakes, and it doesn't take long for that to be what defines him. I've seen it too many times. You want to hold him accountable? Discipline him. And after you discipline him, forgive him. When you've done that, teach him. Guide him to seek forgiveness from those he's done wrong. And then you show him grace by letting go of the situation, while continuing to invest in him and love on him.

Don't give me this crap about no accountability, and what I said being what's wrong with the country. That's lazy and short-sighted in and of itself.

d0tc0m
10-19-2016, 08:15 PM
Please let me know when the "whole story" is in.

Please let me know where I said he shouldn't be punished.

speedbump
10-19-2016, 08:35 PM
Please let me know where I said he shouldn't be punished.

Yea, after you see the whole story. It should have should have been dealt with by berore practice was over mon. But no, lets wait for the (possibly non existing) other side of the story. How long should we wait - till he's thirty or so? If the kid that got stomped on is out for the season ,so should the QBs season be over. Right?

d0tc0m
10-19-2016, 08:48 PM
Yea, after you see the whole story. It should have should have been dealt with by berore practice was over mon. But no, lets wait for the (possibly non existing) other side of the story. How long should we wait - till he's thirty or so? If the kid that got stomped on is out for the season ,so should the QBs season be over. Right?

I'm still waiting for you to quote me on that. And I'll continue waiting, because you are literally making things up. What I said is there WAS another side of the story, as there usually is. I'm a reformed journalist, so I won't take something at face value until I've done my own research, educated myself on the situation, and put myself in a position to make a sound, well-thought-out, non-reactionary and non-emotional decision. However, I also said the QB should be punished, regardless of what the other side of the story was, and I said he WAS being dealt with by the coaches, regardless of the other story. I also said there was no way our coaching staff would even bring up the other side of the story, or point fingers at Community. You can keep making things up, but your arguments won't have a leg to stand on.

speedbump
10-19-2016, 08:56 PM
I'm still waiting for you to quote me on that. And I'll continue waiting, because you are literally making things up. What I said is there WAS another side of the story, as there usually is. I'm a reformed journalist, so I won't take something at face value until I've done my own research, educated myself on the situation, and put myself in a position to make a sound, well-thought-out, non-reactionary and non-emotional decision. However, I also said the QB should be punished, regardless of what the other side of the story was, and I said he WAS being dealt with by the coaches, regardless of the other story. I also said there was no way our coaching staff would even bring up the other side of the story, or point fingers at Community. You can keep making things up, but your arguments won't have a leg to stand on.

No you are a reformed journalist who knows how to spin it and cover your a--. Oh - and guess what. You can discipline little johnny and still give him a hug and a puppy.

Tejastrue
10-19-2016, 09:01 PM
How did he spin it?

d0tc0m
10-19-2016, 09:05 PM
No you are a reformed journalist who knows how to spin it and cover your a--. Oh - and guess what. You can discipline little johnny and still give him a hug and a puppy.

Why would I have to cover my @$$? What spin did I put on this? I didn't write a story on this whole ordeal. You're mad at me because I offered information that there was another side of the story, while STILL SUPPORTING the discipline of the QB? Did the QB ask for a puppy? Where are you getting this stuff from?

speedbump
10-19-2016, 09:19 PM
Why would I have to cover my @$$? What spin did I put on this? I didn't write a story on this whole ordeal. You're mad at me because I offered information that there was another side of the story, while STILL SUPPORTING the discipline of the QB? Did the QB ask for a puppy? Where are you getting this stuff from?

So if the other kid is out for the season should the QB be out for the season?

STiger82
10-19-2016, 09:23 PM
Wow! New app just paired Celina QB with Needville Softball Catcher.....technology is amazing!

d0tc0m
10-19-2016, 09:28 PM
So if the other kid is out for the season should the QB be out for the season?

Well, first of all, that's a terrific non-answer, question-dodging response.

To answer your question, though, if the Celina coaches decided to suspend Pingleton for the season, I would support their decision. But, let's be clear, that's much different than kicking him off the team, which is what many on here immediately jumped to.

speedbump
10-19-2016, 09:32 PM
Well, first of all, that's a terrific non-answer, question-dodging response.

To answer your question, though, if the Celina coaches decided to suspend Pingleton for the season, I would support their decision. But, let's be clear, that's much different than kicking him off the team, which is what many on here immediately jumped to.

I didn't ask you if you would support anothers decision. I ask YOU if he should be out for the season.

speedbump
10-19-2016, 09:36 PM
Wow! New app just paired Celina QB with Needville Softball Catcher.....technology is amazing!

I watched it but I've got to wait until I get the whole story before I know if that should have been disciplined. Maybe she had her toe stepped on in the second inning or something. LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVFsoLgu4cg

d0tc0m
10-19-2016, 09:43 PM
I didn't ask you if you would support anothers decision. I ask YOU if he should be out for the season.

I'm not the judge or jury in this whole thing. It's not my job to discipline Pingleton. It's also not your job. In fact - and this may surprise you - it's not the job of anyone on the DownLow. I'm in support of Pingleton being disciplined, and I've been clear about that from the very beginning. I hope the coaches, and Pingleton himself, take that discipline seriously, and I know they will/have. I also said I hope Pingleton reaches out to the Community kid and makes things right, apologizes and ask for forgiveness.

If you have issue with any of that, man, I don't know what to tell you. You'll just have to make up something else to help you sleep tonight.

speedbump
10-19-2016, 09:50 PM
I'm not the judge or jury in this whole thing. It's not my job to discipline Pingleton. It's also not your job. In fact - and this may surprise you - it's not the job of anyone on the DownLow. I'm in support of Pingleton being disciplined, and I've been clear about that from the very beginning. I hope the coaches, and Pingleton himself, take that discipline seriously, and I know they will/have. I also said I hope Pingleton reaches out to the Community kid and makes things right, apologizes and ask for forgiveness.

If you have issue with any of that, man, I don't know what to tell you. You'll just have to make up something else to help you sleep tonight.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

d0tc0m
10-19-2016, 09:52 PM
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Most sense you've made this entire time.

PurplePop
10-19-2016, 10:01 PM
A Tweet from Dallas Morning News:

@ihss_dfw we talked to Nevada Community coach, ankle was not broken and that player is playing this week. Celina coach disciplined QB.

PurplePop
10-19-2016, 10:03 PM
Oh... LOL

speedbump
10-19-2016, 10:03 PM
Most sense you've made this entire time.

Is that your opinion or did you need to get it from the coach.

speedbump
10-19-2016, 10:09 PM
A Tweet from Dallas Morning News:

@ihss_dfw we talked to Nevada Community coach, ankle was not broken and that player is playing this week. Celina coach disciplined QB.

Links are nice.

d0tc0m
10-19-2016, 10:10 PM
Is that your opinion or did you need to get it from the coach.

... what?

d0tc0m
10-19-2016, 10:11 PM
Links are nice.

So are quotes.

PurplePop
10-19-2016, 10:14 PM
Links are nice.

I barely know my way around on Twitter. ...LOL

speedbump
10-19-2016, 10:16 PM
So are quotes.

You betcha -@ihss_dfw we talked to Nevada Community coach, ankle was broken and that player is not playing this week. Celina coach moved to Alaska.

PurplePop
10-19-2016, 10:20 PM
You betcha -@ihss_dfw we talked to Nevada Community coach, ankle was broken and that player is not playing this week. Celina coach moved to Alaska.

Figerred it out ...

https://twitter.com/sportsdayhs/status/788815146193854464

PurplePop
10-19-2016, 10:21 PM
Oh... darn it... LOL

speedbump
10-19-2016, 10:22 PM
Figerred it out ...

https://twitter.com/sportsdayhs/status/788815146193854464

Much better. Thank you.

PurplePop
10-19-2016, 10:35 PM
And a stroll around Twitter and FSSW concerning this topic reveals what I was initially concerned about. The kid's getting attacked pretty hard. Even a TV station has picked up on it. The next time one of our running backs gets punched in the gut or gets a face full of a linebackers fist at the bottom of the pile a couple of seconds after the whistle blows (which happened numerous times in two games in particular), I'll be thinking of all you tough guy posters wishing you could hammer those kids, too. Kidding. LOL

pancho villa
10-20-2016, 08:02 AM
If I was the Celina coach I would run the QB 8 100's and let him play this week. All you hard a$$ people on here need to grow up and realize this is football not baseball or soccer(wimp sports) .

Weebe
10-20-2016, 01:34 PM
If I was the Celina coach I would run the QB 8 100's and let him play this week. All you hard a$$ people on here need to grow up and realize this is football not baseball or soccer(wimp sports) .

Yeah, well you coach at West Columbia...

1st and goal
10-20-2016, 03:10 PM

Go back to eating tortillas...

pancho villa
10-20-2016, 03:50 PM
Yeah, well you coach at West Columbia...

Yeah, well were not all inbred.

Weebe
10-20-2016, 04:11 PM

No. Just trashy.

Good luck with track practice in a couple of weeks.

bag-o-chips
10-20-2016, 08:15 PM

Pancho coached at Asherton. We all know this!

1st and goal
10-20-2016, 09:37 PM

And he loves all the hot Belleville womens.

pancho villa
10-21-2016, 07:38 AM

Speaking of inbred Navarro should be in Arkansas

pancho villa
10-21-2016, 07:40 AM
And he loves all the hot Belleville womens.

Bellville womens are only second to Ingleside babes.

Twirling Time
10-21-2016, 07:52 AM
Wondering something. If Celina loses to Melissa and finishes second in district, won't they avoid having to play Gilmer until the region finals?

pancho villa
10-21-2016, 07:55 AM
FoxNews.com
Impeach judge who issued 60-day incest sentence
FoxNews.com
Judge scorned for 60-day sentence for father raping daughter
An online petition calling for the impeachment of an El Campo judge over the sentencing of a 40-year-old man to 60 days in jail after he pleaded guilty to raping his 12-year-old daughter has more than 30,000 signatures.

Judge Sentences El Campo Father Who Repeatedly Raped Pre-Teen Daughter to 60 Days in Jail
— KTLA (@KTLA) October 20, 2016
The man was sentenced to the jail time, plus a 30-year suspended prison term last week as part of a plea deal with prosecutors. District Judge John McKeon gave the man credit for time served, meaning he would spend only an additional 43 days in jail as long as he met the conditions of his probation. The plea agreement had recommended a 25-year sentence.

buckeyebob
10-21-2016, 08:28 AM

Your right...just a creep that needs a good a$$ whuppin...what a scum bag

Ville-D
10-21-2016, 10:03 AM
Links are nice.

https://twitter.com/ihss_dfw/status/788819296445009920

late to the party.

Weebe
10-21-2016, 10:47 AM
FoxNews.com
FoxNews.com
An online petition calling for the impeachment of an El Campo judge over the sentencing of a 40-year-old man to 60 days in jail after he pleaded guilty to raping his 12-year-old daughter has more than 30,000 signatures.

Judge Sentences El Campo Father Who Repeatedly Raped Pre-Teen Daughter to 60 Days in Jail
The man was sentenced to the jail time, plus a 30-year suspended prison term last week as part of a plea deal with prosecutors. District Judge John McKeon gave the man credit for time served, meaning he would spend only an additional 43 days in jail as long as he met the conditions of his probation. The plea agreement had recommended a 25-year sentence.

Ok? What does this have to do with football?

Should I post links to all of the meth arrrests in West Columbia?

Care to comment on the performance of your football team this year? Or let's start with coaching. That should be fun.

pancho villa
10-21-2016, 10:49 AM

Care to comment on the performance of your football team this year? Or let's start with coaching. That should be fun.

Are you going to cry?

Weebe
10-21-2016, 10:52 AM
Are you going to cry?

Are you going to have a job next year?

Weebe
10-21-2016, 10:53 AM
FoxNews.com
FoxNews.com

So this happened in Montana, not Texas. I guess I don't get the humor in you posting that.

pancho villa
10-21-2016, 10:55 AM
So this happened in Montana, not Texas. I guess I don't get the humor in you posting that.

Once again are you going to cry?

Weebe
10-21-2016, 10:56 AM
Once again are you going to cry?

About what?

Ville-D
10-21-2016, 10:57 AM

I think the point was that you can change anything in a copy/edit/past post... Better to provide a link to the source. We all know that if it is posed on the internet that it is true.

Ville-D
10-21-2016, 10:58 AM
I think Pancho was trolling for Rice Birds and caught one...

Weebe
10-21-2016, 11:01 AM
I think the point was that you can change anything in a copy/edit/past post... Better to provide a link to the source. We all know that if it is posed on the internet that it is true.

So, you are saying the video was edited in some way? That's all I have commented on.

Weebe
10-21-2016, 11:04 AM
I think Pancho was trolling for Rice Birds and caught one...

So, you are telling me that Pancho is better at internet trolling than his real job?

pancho villa
10-21-2016, 11:20 AM
So, you are telling me that Pancho is better at internet trolling than his real job?

Maybe don't cry about it though.

speedbump
10-21-2016, 03:14 PM
I'm still waiting for the other side of the story. I gotta see what justifies intentionally trying to hurt someone.

bobcat1
10-21-2016, 03:21 PM
I'm still waiting for the other side of the story. I gotta see what justifies intentionally trying to hurt someone.
There is no justification in Celina's eyes and now not in the QB's eyes. Very contrite young man that will grow from this.

d0tc0m
10-21-2016, 04:32 PM

There is no justifying it. No one ever said it was justified. Saying there are two sides of the story isn't a justification, either. One act does not beget another act. The logical Post hoc ergo propter hoc fallacy is applicable, even in this instance. Hope this helps you sleep better, speed bump.

Saggy Aggie
10-21-2016, 04:40 PM
:1popcorn:

Bosqueville
10-21-2016, 04:52 PM
There is no justifying it. No one ever said it was justified. Saying there are two sides of the story isn't a justification, either. One act does not beget another act. The logical Post hoc ergo propter hoc fallacy is applicable, even in this instance. Hope this helps you sleep better, speed bump.

But here's the problem. When you say things like "there are two sides to every story" and "we need to see the plays before this one", it makes you sound like your saying it was justified. It's just this side of sounding like an exception should be made. Just my opinion.

speedbump
10-21-2016, 04:55 PM
But here's the problem. When you say things like "there are two sides to every story" and "we need to see the plays before this one", it makes you sound like your saying it was justified. It's just this side of sounding like an exception should be made. Just my opinion.

Exactly

d0tc0m
10-21-2016, 05:46 PM

It sounds like that even though every post I made said Pingleton was in the wrong, regardless of what took place beforehand? And even though, from the beginning, I said I thought Pingleton should be disciplined and I would even support the coaches if they decided to suspend him the rest of his senior season? All that and it still sounds like I'm trying to make a justification for him, or make an exception for him?

Sounds like a low reading comprehension problem, to me. But I appreciate your opinion. I'll take it into consideration from here on out.

bobcat1
10-21-2016, 06:22 PM

There may be another side to the story. I don't know of one. There usually is but either way this was not how young men from Celina are taught to act or react. He will learn from it and it will be an educational tool for current and future players in Celina. Done

44INAROW
10-21-2016, 06:50 PM
I'm putting this thread out if it's misery. It was my intent to close it but not sure if it worked (using a new phone and it's smarter than I)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk